(See All?) Announcements
666 Users Online
Bing, Google

Dead memories — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
For @Koda and his son if he also wants to join in at some point.

Ravenna Lyall moved along the far western region of the Drooping Willows once more. She had scouted these parts recently, having found the Fern Gully not far from here where she had spent her day with Blitz. The many different scents that had been lingering out in the South intrigued Ravenna with both Skoll's children, Morganna and Renier's children, and their new pack established here. Although she knew things were shaky with the Heights wolves (a reason for her not going east to often even though her pack was closer to that end) she was unaware of any hostility with the Lagoon wolves. After all, though the leader's pups had intruded, they were rogues at the time and, children which had been punished for the crime. In Ravenna's eyes, the deed was done.

So Ravenna traveled into that direction freely, open and curious to any and all she night meet along the way. It was a rather beautiful afternoon after all, with a blanket of snow on the ground, the sun peeking through the puffs of clouds in the sky. She paused in her stroll, if only to take in a scent for anyone nearby.

(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2018, 08:21 PM by Ravenna.)
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
I doubt Chiron will be in this thread. And thanks for starting! 

He'd been watching the woman in silence, her markings were bizarre to him, a rarity he had seemed in one other wolf but that had been years ago and he was certain that the wolf had perished by now. What had intrigued him the most --sparking his interest to follow her in the first place-- was the scent he could recognize from miles away and it made his heart swell knowing that the pack was still thriving as well as the day it was founded. He knew she wasn't Elettra, her pelt was much too light and her physique was not characteristic of the aging matriarch but something about her intrigued him and didn't make himself known until she had finally paused long enough to enjoy the view. Even despite his personal alliance with Willow Ridge he was cautious in approaching her, just in case his old nose had failed him.  "Are you from the Ridge...Willow Ridge?"he asked when he was within ear shot. Either he was much further than he thought he was or this young woman was lost.

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
When Ravenna had paused to take in the view and sniff the lands around her for anyone around, she was not disappointed. Amongst all the smells of those coming and going, passing through and hunting, there was one that stood out over all - Koda's. Her head lowered, pale silver eyes seeking out the man, she stepped forward towards his scent. There he was amongst the forestry of the willows and right as she caught sighted of him, he spoke out to her on question.

She paused in her movements towards him, ears perking as she regarded him curiously. "I am." She answered honestly, then decided to add, "I've been there all my life." And proud of it too. "How do you know of it?" Really, a 'what's it to you' might have been a more direct question but she had no intention of being rude. Willow Ridge had been established in the Lore over five and a half years ago so it was anyone's guess how he knew of the pack. Although she did not recognize him as a former member. At least not since her birth.

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Please forgive me :(

She was cautious, rightly so, and Koda took a moment to explain himself considering the fact that he was a stranger asking her about her pack--it could confuse anyone. "I knew many from the Ridge, in particular its leader Elettra. I hope she is fairing well." he added, having left before the death of the matriarch and well before the switch up of membership and leaders. He had plenty of history with the pack but considering her youth he doubted she had time for a story or anything more long and drawn out than it needed to be-- all she needed to know was that his history of the pack was extensive, especially if he was well regarded by their most prominent leader. "I'm Koda Reinier. And you?" he asked with a cock of his broad head, eyes wide with wonder. He had been around during Ravenna's birth but he couldn't recall having met her, the year of her birth had been hectic for him and he'd forgotten most of it purposely. He only hoped that, if things were were the still were before his departure, he still had some kind of alliance with the Ridge and its members.

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Your forgiven! I'm really excited about this still. :)

He said that he had known many within the Ridge pack and then more particularly mentioned her mother, asking how she was doing. Ravenna's body stiffened, finding herself holding her breath. He offered his name then, speaking Koda Reinier. This name had been told to her once before when her mother had let her known how the pack had come to be formed so many years ago. Alas, the name escaped her in this moment and so she did not make the connection she would have otherwise liked to. "My name is Ravenna Archer-Lyall." She gave her full name to the wolf so that he could make the connection of who she was family to. "My mother..." She then said, her eyes averting from the male and casting to the snowy ground. Her expression was grim, ears turning back. "She passed away last winter with her mate." A double whammy on Ravenna's part. Something, along with the others deaths in her past, that she could never just 'get over' though she had learned to cope with all the losses.

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Thanks for being understanding :) <3!!!

He watched the wheels in her mind roll into motion, as if trying to figure out why this wolf who had asked of her home was so familiar and then it hit her--he had connections with Elettra. He smiled briefly, glad that the realization had been made but that smile quickly turned into a frown at mention of her death. He knew that life often ended abruptly, they were old soldiers in this world and their bodies were on borrowed time for only so long, but that didn't mean that it hurt any less knowing that the dark woman had passed not so long ago. He inhaled sharply, steadying his breaths long enough to digest the bubble that had formed at the base of his throat before he spoke, though the ringing in his ears continued.  "I am sorry to hear that, I want to extend my condolences Ravenna." he offered the woman, whom he assumed was the daughter of his great friend and dipped his head with respect. He would miss her immensely. "the ridge, how is it holding up since her death?" he asked though he would understand if she thought he was overstepping his boundaries--he was still after all, a stranger. 

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

He seemed very upset with the information she had given him on her mother's death, revealing that he didn't just know of the Ridge and the wolves within it though had been close to her mother at some point or another. Ravenna was silent for a moment both out of respect for the dead and to allow the man before her to take in the information fully. She didn't speak then until he did, offering his condolences with a dip of his muzzle and then asking how the Ridge was now holding up. "The blow was very hard on all of us for quite some time. But we survived it and are still going strong." At least it seemed now they were. There was a time or two, or more, when Ravenna didn't know if the pack could survive without its great leaders. "Were you ever a part of the pack?" She asked curiously, wondering how far his knowledge of the pack and the wolves within it, especially her mother, extended.

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Oh no, now I have to dig into some oldie threads and get his history right XDXDXD

He looked toward Ravenna, and though the urge to weep no longer tempted him he would probably need a day or two to digest the news alone; she had been one of his greatest friends. He nodded his head, taking in the information and studying what she had said as best he could but a part of him was still taken back by the death of the matriarch. He had hoped to have been able to at least say goodbye but even that had been taken from him. "I'm happy to hear that, I am sure Elettra left behind capable wolves. She was always a good judge of character." at least she had been when he met her, and he was certain that her pups--even this one standing in front of him--had a bit of her flair as well. "I was actually one of the founding members, a very long time ago." he didn't need to add that last part but she could probably sense that he was old, hell his limbs didn't cooperate as well as they used to and the hairs along his chin were much whiter and wispy then they were in his youth--even his eyes were showing his age. "Why do you ask?" he wondered, having never been asked that kind of question before. It would seem, if his guess was correct, that this woman might need him as much as he needed her.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
Oh yeah definitely! She will ask so many questions.

Ravenna remained silent again, listening to Koda as he spoke about her mother leaving behind capable wolves to care for the pack. It was true that Elettra had passed down her leadership to Enoki who had done a great job in her placement up until she too disappeared from the pack lands as many others had before her. Still, with how long the pack had been standing it was without a doubt that the pack would have its ups and downs, members coming and going, births of new life and deaths just the same. It was life. Not to say that it made it any easier when bad things happened. Still, Ravenna found herself smiling at Koda's words, the good memories of her mother bringing up her spirits.

Then he said he was a founder of the pack and Ravenna's ears perked, showing off her obvious interest and her tail waved happily behind her. "That's amazing!" She couldn't help but proclaim, taking a few steps closer to the wolf. It was obvious he was an older fellow though how much older she had not pinpointed. Her mother was an older woman as well though she had hoped to have at least a few more years with her, father too. But having her sister die in the cold as a pup and her aunt only dying at six years old, Ravenna knew well that death could come at any time and age. It was obvious though despite roaming now as a loner, Koda's genes were healthy and strong. "Well I was mostly curious... but this is much more then I had ever expected. I would hate to be a bother with questions, but I would love to hear about its founding, about the pack's history...." She trailed off then, sheepishly smiling to the older wolf when she realized that all of that would probably take some time and then surely he had other things to do then spend time with her talking about the past. "I would hate to be a bother though, I know you must have your own plans."