Goodbye Enemies — Secret Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
For @Sachiel. Namid is here to meet her grandson <3

How lovely are the portals of the night
When stars come out to watch the daylight die

Finally, she’d made it. Or, rather she’d hoped she’d made it. She didn’t have much to go off of really other than the fact that this obviously wasn’t the Bend. That was as solid and her intuition went and she’d just have to hope by some chance that the Ancestors were looking down upon her with favor that day. She’d spent the previous day recuperating from her 7 day journey. Any other wolf may have taken 5 to get from the Draw to this pack but Namid was lagging in the worst way and, thus, had taken twice that. But, she didn’t want to look quite as ragged as she felt when she met her grandson for the first time.

She still felt her heart race to know that she had a grandchild. A little boy by the name of Sachiel. Beautiful, simply beautiful. Of course she supposed that she could have other grandchildren as both Aleister and Cernan were both obviously of age, but for the time being she would focus on what she could reach. The one she’d been willing to risk an early grave for.

She moved toward the borders, stopping a respectable distance away before taking a deep breath. Her heart gave a small flutter in her chest before the former queen lifted her pale crown and called for Sachiel.

TAGS:   OUTFIT:   OTHER:  
Made by  esa
Played by Arla who has 339 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

His brows pinched together at the foreign voice, a deep frown cutting across his creamy cheeks. He'd been expecting—hoping—that he would hear from his father once more, but Sachiel figured the dark Leigh had returned to his friend on the other side of the mountain. He didn’t mind; it was where his father would be happy. Sachiel had found his home among the trees in the north and his father deserved to find his own home in the lands of Lore, as it certainly had not been amongst the orange trees in the Vale.

No—this voice was feminine. Could it… could it be his mother? His frown deepened at the thought, his steps faltering. He didn’t know if he was ready to see his mother just yet, or if he wanted to. Before he’d left the Vale Sachiel had not spent much time with her, as he was usually off adventuring on his own or seeking his father’s company. Sometimes the boy felt as though he was a mistake. An accident made by two wolves who didn’t know what they were doing. He was grateful for their mistake, as he was quite content with his life in the shallows, but he was also happy pretending as though his parents (more so his mother) didn't exist. He hoped, eventually, he would be able to strengthen his relationship with his father, but he wasn’t sure he wanted that with his mother.

A tawny figure greeted him at the border and for a fleeting second he believed it was his mother. But the eyes—the eyes were different. One blue, like his right iris, and the other a soft brown, like his mother’s. Huh. Can I help you? He called once he stopped, his frown still present as studied the older woman silently. How had she known his name?

ridge is a mature character
aka he curses a lot due to his frustation with his memory loss
x
ridge associates colours with moods/feelings & uses them to describe others

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Update, crying atm

She wondered how he would react to seeing her, to meeting a woman who had never been present in his life. Knowing now what had happened to the boy now made a guilt well up in her heart. Namid had wanted to meet him so badly and it had killed her inside when Neha had moved when she was pregnant with him. She felt like she should have been there to pick him up, to whisk him up to the mountain so that he could be with family after everything but she hadn’t known. She’d been off looking for his aunt and uncles under the assumption that everything was going good in the Vale. Boy had she been wrong.

But, it also seemed that he was doing good here from what his father had described. Friends, a pack that cared about him and one that he cared about enough to not follow his father over the mountain to the Draw. That was all she could hope for for him she supposed, happiness. Perhaps, in the long run, it was better for him to be separated from his heritage. It seemed the Vuesain and Leigh line was destined for tragedy to some extent.

A figure began to appear in the distance and her silver-dusted auds swiveled forward, mismatched gaze straining to take in the form. It was certainly a pup, which made her heart leap, but it also seemed they were already almost the size of her. His pelt was layered in an agouti pattern, colored in the earth. In fact, if this was her grandson she decided he looked a bit like his grandfather albeit some of the redder tones that hung in the man’s coloration. But, the thing that really sealed the deal were the eyes. Mismatched, a trait characteristic of the Macieo blood that ran through her veins and the trait that showed in her own gaze. His were blue, the same blue that was in her right eye, while his left was as golden as Vespertio’s. She felt so overwhelmed, rocking back to sit on her rump. All she could do was take him in for a moment, throat going thick with emotion. Oh, Draven and Neha had done beautifully.

Then, she realized he had spoken and she cleared her throat. Better try not to let him think his grandparent was crazy. “Are you Sachiel? My name is Namid,” she said. The former queen was already pretty positive it was him as he matched all the requirements of his heritage but she also needed to verify. “Namid Vuesain,” she added, mismatched gaze searching him for any reaction the last name might give.

Made by  esa
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

Something was familiar about her. It wasn’t just the mismatched eyes. There was something about her features; the colour of her fur. It was paler than his mother’s, more silver than brown, but it still triggered a picture in the photo album that was his mind. The soft downward curve in his lips did not disappear as he waited for her to respond to his question, his toes drumming along the ground impatiently. He felt uncomfortable beneath her stare, as though he was being analyzed, and he did not like it one bit. But, he also did not want to be rude. Not when the female had specifically requested for him. Clearly she was here for a reason; he just wanted to know why.

Her voice dripped with comfort, causing his features to soften but did not lighten his frown. Are you Sachiel? He nodded, his brows pinched tight with confusion. My name is Namid. His head tipped to the side at the introduction, but his confusion did not waver. Okay? Was he supposed to know her? Just as he was about to question her a second time she repeated her introduction, but this time provided a surname: Vuesain. His mother’s name. Okay. He hadn’t meant to say that aloud. His voice was soft; confused and dripping with shades of brown and blue. Why are you here? Who was this female and why did she share the same surname as his mother? Had she sent for him? Or was his mother unaware of this Namid’s location? Unanswered questions filled his head but none of them dared to make the leap off his tongue—not yet. He was a little dumbfounded at her appearance, as he had never encountered a relative on his mother’s side before.

x

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

Her heart gave a joyful leap at his nod in confirmation of his identity. So she had found him! Oh how she wanted to rush forward and embrace him, but she held back so as to not cause him any more panic or confusion. The two emotions seemed evident in the crumple of his visage and she wished she could wipe it away. The pale woman would make things clear, ease the tension within those young tawny shoulders.

“I’m here to see you,” she replied, a gentle smile forming on her lips as she opted to sit down on her tired legs. “Your father, Draven, told me you were here and I wanted to come meet you,” she elaborated, giving him the information he wanted. “I’m your grandmother, mother to Neha,” she finished, once again peering openly to see what his reaction might be. Namid was an open book nowadays, finding it useless to hide her emotions. Plus, she thought it might help him with his unease in this situation to have a full view of her honest and innocent intentions. Well, perhaps not innocent as this could very well be the first and last time she met the boy and she knew it. It was a selfish wish, to give herself then take it away but she just wanted, no needed to see him before all ended.

Made by  esa
(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2018, 04:48 AM by Sachiel. Edit Reason: you had an open < i > tag <3 )
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

He didn’t really understand what was going on. Where had this stranger been when he’d been nothing but a soft tuft of brown fur? Why was she seeking him out now, when he was almost a year old? The frown did not waver from his dark features; instead, the corners tightened as dark lines formed in his forehead. He almost expected his mother to jump out from behind her, begging the boy for his forgiveness. The woman had not been much a mother—not toward the end, anyway. He’d been doted on as a whelp, adored by both of his parents, but they had both been absent as he grew. They allowed him to push his boundaries, causing the boy to spend most of his time alone. Or with Castel, the red-blue wolf that had been rather persistent on spending time with him and showing him the colours beyond the veil of orange. His father had attempted to bond with his son, teaching Sachiel about plants and other necessities, but he seldom spent one-on-one time with his mother. As far as he was concerned, he didn’t even feel like the tawny Vuesain wanted anything to do with him.

Your father, Draven, told me you were here…

Seriously, dad?!

Was his mother next to arrive on the shallows’ doorstep? He hoped not. Askan wouldn’t have kind words for the agouti. Draven had been fortunate to miss the Edge Lord’s sharp tongue during his short visit to the falls.

Here I am, he answered with a shrug to dismiss her words. What did she want from him? Why had she come now, after all these months? Was it a relationship she was looking for, because Sachiel wasn’t sure he was interested in one. Have you seen her? He asked, his tone indifferent as his tongue clucked against the roof of his mouth in annoyance.

x

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

It didn’t seem that her grandchild enjoyed his father telling someone who was a stranger to him about his location, which she really couldn’t blame him for. Though Namid was always open to meeting someone new she could admit that it would be strange to have a wolf come up to you suddenly saying they were a relative and then say that they’d been told aaallll about you from someone else.

He answered with nonchalance, a shrug of indifference to the information that wounded her heart. She hadn’t been expecting him to jump forward and embrace her and insist they become best friends, but even something a little...more would have been nice. But, the pale woman reminded herself that though they were related it didn’t require him to love her immediately or even want to know her. She hadn’t been there for him, hadn’t even talked to him or gone to see him until that moment. He was nearly a year old now and a lot could happen in a year, his current situation and hers both a testament to that fact. If he said he wanted nothing to do with her she would bite her tongue and deal with it, if he wanted to know her a little better than that would certainly be okay too.

He asked if she’d seen his mother, annoyance in his tone and she was a bit curious to this. He didn’t...hate Neha, did he? “Yes, I met her briefly on the mountain on my way here,” she said, not adding the fact that she was certainly worse for the wear. It hurt her to see her child so torn up, but she also supposed it ran in their blood unfortunately. “I want you to know that I did not come here to suddenly be best friends with you. I know that our relation does not require any love for me on your part, especially because we have never met until now. I do apologize with my entire being for that even though I am sure it means very little. Apologies are simply words after all, I suppose. But, I needed to see you. Even if you no longer want contact I just...wanted to be sure you were safe and cared for for myself. My family means a great deal to me, despite our situation,” she said, laying it all out on the table.

Made by  esa
Inactive No Rank
Sachiel Leigh Selwyn

Sachiel was starting to grow uncomfortable. He wasn’t sure how to react to meeting his grandmother for the first time, especially when he had heard little about her growing up. When he had made the choice to lead Diego north, away from Quaking Vale, the boy had also made the choice to leave his family behind. He had almost forgotten that he had parents—somewhere—until Namid’s arrival.

He could tell that the reaction he was giving was not one that she expected—or wanted. The corners of his mouth fell downward into a soft frown as he observed her troubled features; his ears sweeping back against his head. The boy was beginning to feel bad for how rude he had been, but he couldn’t help but think that @Askan would be proud of him for acting so boldly. Or, he would scold him. It didn’t matter—not now. He’d likely tell his grumpy Edge Lord about encountering his grandmother, but there was a good chance he’d leave out the part about his attitude.

She spoke once more, this time apologizing for her unexpected arrival. He blinked in confusion, his creamy brows pinched tight as his maw canted to the side. Huh. Okay, he started, the word jumping off his tongue without a second thought. I’m sorry—I mean, I just didn’t expect t’meet you. He shrugged, his expression sheepish as he averted his gaze. Her colours were much softer than his mother’s; prettier. Dripping with genuine emotion. Shades of muted lilac and blush. Periwinkle.

Good colours.

Colours that didn’t make his head spin, or ache.

It’s, uh, nice t’meet you. He offered her a half-smile as he attempted to lighten the mood, even though he wasn’t really sure he wanted to.

The information about his mother was what interested him most. His expression grew more serious after his apology, his dark-tipped tail flicking in frustration. If you see her again, he started, a little hesitant as he wasn’t sure how she would react to his next set of words, tell her you didn’t find me. That you don’t know where I am. This time his mismatched gaze met her own bi-coloured pools, his expression pleading. Please. She didn’t need to know. This Namid—his grandmother—Sachiel didn’t mind her knowing where he was. In fact, he wouldn’t even mind seeing her a second time. But his mother? He wasn’t interested in reconnecting. 

x

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain

He said it was nice to meet her and a bright smile stretched across her lips, crinkling the corners of her mismatched gaze. The woman’s tail began a steady sweeping behind her and she dipped her head to the pup, “The pleasure is all mine.” Now they were getting somewhere.

However, the smile dimmed as he plead with her not to tell Neha about him. What had happened between the pair that he wanted nothing to do with the woman who had birthed him? It made her very concerned and hurt for her daughter but...at the same time she knew that Sachiel had to be suffering in some form as well to want this. She didn’t have a great idea of what life had been like for him so far, but from his appearance it seemed that he was happy and well-fed. Taken care of.

She made a mental note to leave an offering of thanks at the borders for the alphas.

She paused for a moment, mulling over her options before she slowly nodded. “Okay, if that will make you happy,” she replied. If Neha wanted to find her child she could go on that journey herself. Perhaps in the search for Sachiel she might find herself again as well, but she would get no help from her mother in the endeavor. Hell, Namid might be 6 feet under by the time that came around. She paused a moment longer, tilting her head as she looked at Sachiel. “Did you know that you have three uncles and two aunts on my side?” she inquired curiously, saying her side instead of his mother’s side in an attempt to be considerate. Just how much did he know?

Made by  esa