(See All?) Announcements
556 Users Online
Google, Bing

Monster of my Nightmares (M?) — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildFlower who has 134 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tulip DayHeart
(M for nightmare? It's not really that bad though. I know I was supposed to wait until our other thread was finished, but my muse for her is buzzing. Can date to another night if need be and don't feel obligated to reply right away. :) )
Whispering Pines send my baby back to me

Lightening illuminated a multitude of scars on the wolf's face, tattered ears pressed firmly to his cranium. His crooked tail curled over his back. Yellowed teeth bared threateningly, snarls drowned out by the roaring of thunder. Ghostly eyes peered at her with burning rage. Tulip stood at the edge of pack territory, watching with fear stricken features. She was frozen in place, unable to move away, words unable to leave her maw. Infact she had no mouth, skin covered the area where her lips should have been.

With a flash of lightening he was hurdling towards her, mouth wide open. The man became larger and larger until he swallowed her whole. Tulip looked about the dark, paws on a wet and slimy surface. She could hear him taunting her but darkness surrounded. The girl slowly walked forward until a small light shown. Scared she began to chase it into a new scenery of a barren woods with skeletons scattered about. She was home. With a blood curdling cry she screamed with all her willpower, "NOOOO!!!!

The girl woke up in a cold sweat, panting heavily before tears streamed forth. She couldn't help the silent crusade of salty rivers flowing down fluffy cheeks. Her lips quivered a little as she laid thoroughly shaken up. She never wanted to go back, not ever, even if she were to find @Garmir and pay her debts back to Eden. She could never bare such a fate. To ever see her monster again. Her whole life was his fault, and now she was in a world of love on account to Eden. The girl cried heavier, biting her lip to hold back any sound. The Cove was so different and forgiving. They had welcomed her in, Nulla, null...a. She was but a speck of dirt. Her worth no more than the last lowlife. Yet here she was in a strange world of affection.

Now wide awake the girl sat up, still trying to get a grip on her emotions. A mask...she needed to mask them...be a soilder. But did she really? The Cove had allowed her to exspress herself in new ways and to talk. Her voice was ugly, broken, rough, and unsued, but it was growing on her. Silence was still bliss, and would always be. Silence was not what she wanted right now in the dead of night. Peering around the small girl found her talkative alpha, carefully stepping around Moonshadow and the others to reach @Kajika . Nervously she lowered her body to lie near him, but not touching..."Ka?" she whispered not confident in the idea of waking the slumbering male. The seemingly lack of response caused the girl to let out a warm breath of air, sighing with discontent. Her crying had ceased now, but her fur remained wet. The small girl inched a little closer and nudged her cold nose on his cheek. Ka...'m scad" She whispered the odd confession to him. She was scared? Grevious would of been furious...but the girl did not expect his judgment this time. The supposed to be fearless, mindless, speechless, solider-like "slave" awaited the judgment of someone new. Someone...safe?

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider
(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2018, 08:04 AM by Tulip.)
[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]TULIPDAY   [Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png]

Tulip has a speech impairment that causes her to talk with a severe lisp and has selective mutism. I will not be writing her words to reflect this (outside of going mute), but ask those who roleplay with her to understand it's implied.
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
No worries, this is perfectly fine. :)

Since he'd spoken with Birtie about not sleeping in the den with the others the dark man had given it some thought. He'd grown quite accustomed to sleeping in the den he'd moved into the previous spring. He was comfortable there and was often left alone. With his concern growing over Moonshadow as the days passed with no sign of Tagg or Chan. The return of the injured Roland and also with Tulip he felt that maybe he should try staying in the den again. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad sleeping with everyone again though he did have to admit he liked the solitude of his own den after a day of pack duties.

Still he'd gone to the communal den that night once he'd finished his duties. The others were already asleep so he stepped lightly around them until he found Moonshadow. He lay down next to her and placed a light kick to her crown before laying his head on his paws and closed his eyes. A short time later he'd fallen into sleep which for once wasn't full of dreams and nightmares. It wasn't a deep sleep either.

He didn't know how long he'd been a sleep when he was awoken by a loud voice. His Amber eyes opened to find Tulip awake and clearly upset. He wasn't sure if he should go to her or let her be. She wasn't keen on affections so he didn't want to scare her more than she already was. He didn't have to worry much longer as he saw her rise and step carefully around the others until she'd come to settle beside him. Once she was next to him, he took note of the distance, she was speaking to him and admitting that she was scared.

The alpha licked her crown after she'd touched her nose to his cheek, “There's nothing to he afraid of Tulip. Your safe here in the cove,” he reassured licking her crown once more. “Do you want to tell me what was so scary about your dream?” He asked gently. It was up to her if she wanted to but even if she didn't maybe knowing he was willing to listen would give her some kind of comfort. Maybe just talking about it could help her to feel less scared too. He didn't know what would work for her but he tucked her a little closer with his chin. Maybe just him being next to her could help her too.

(This post was last modified: Feb 20, 2018, 02:37 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive Deceased
Tulip DayHeart
Whispering Pines send my baby back to me

Tulip had expected the alpha male to return her nudge somehow, his warm tongue smoothing back black strands of fur as yellow orbs shut. Tulip relaxed some, welcoming the odd display of affection. Strangely enough she found it to be a calming soother coming from the older wolf. His demeanor was not too exciting and hence did not overwhelm her, his voice a gentle reminder of the safety and security of the Cove. The man's words broke the silence and allowed her to grow more comfortable in the darkness being able to hear him. The girl's eyes opened as she peered into his light ambers, sighing, then looking away meekly. What would they think of her? What would Moon and Ka think of her? These wolves were so vastly different in the best ways imaginable. She laid her head to the side unsure of herself, the cold ground pressed to her cheek.

At first Tulip resisted being pulled in closer, but then allowed it. Kajika wouldn't hurt her. That didn't mean she wasn't a little tense, but still trusting eyes fell upon him. The small she-wolf returned a lick to his cheek before hesitantly laying her head on his shoulder with stiff movements. His lighter fur mingling with hers as they shared body heat for a sparse moment before the girl would pull away nervously. Tulip sucked in an awkward breath before timidly speaking to her alpha, "Ka...Tulip...w-w-was home." The girl didn't stutter with struggle of speech, but with her emotions crowding in. Tears lined bright orbs, "Home bad." The Day yearling tried to explain to him before continuing, "Grevious at home. Grevious....Grevious do bad to wolfs." Her voice became strained and the small girl tucked herself into a ball, "Grevious make Nulla do bad." While the girl had known their ways to be the only way most of her young life, something deep down never felt right. Actually, it wasn't even deep down. The feelings of regret, remorse, and guilt consistently haunted the girl. Now these feelings seemed to erupt as she turned back to @Kajika and cry into his thick black and sable coat. "Tulip was Nulla." Eden had renamed her, the unsavory name now just a painful memory. Null...with an a for femininity. It still made her feel void of meaning despite the miles and months. Eden had freed her and now the undeserving creature lie here receiving treatment that had never fallen upon her before.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider
(This post was last modified: Feb 24, 2018, 05:25 AM by Tulip.)
[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]TULIPDAY   [Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png]

Tulip has a speech impairment that causes her to talk with a severe lisp and has selective mutism. I will not be writing her words to reflect this (outside of going mute), but ask those who roleplay with her to understand it's implied.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The little she wolf had come to lay next to him after what was obviously a disturbing dream. The alpha didn't mind and tired to comfort her the best way he know how. Surprisingly she didn't shy away from the licks he placed on her crown. Instead she seemed to relax a bit as he spoke about her being safe and that she had nothing to worry about. He watched as she laid her head on the floor of the den, he was waiting to see if she would talk about her dream or if she wanted to keep it to herself.

She did resist his attempt to pull her closer but she finally let him, he hoped the closeness might give her confidence and security. She finally put her head in his shoulder before she started to speak, her words were broken but it wasn't the usual broken that she spoke in. He didn't speak allowing her to get everything she wanted to say out. She spoke of her being home and that her home was bad and a wolf named Grevious made her do bad things. He also learned that her name was really Nulla. He understood the connotation in giving her that name.

“Your not there anymore Tulip and you are doing good things now. Grevious can't make you do bad things anymore.” He tried to reassure her, “The cove will take care of you and to us your Tulip young wolf who has a lot of potential. Moonshadow See's it and so do I and we want to help you become more than just a thief.” She had to do her part too but they could show her the way. “This is your new life away from all the bad and filled with good.” He placed another lick on her crown. Kajika didn't know if his words would help her but he hoped they would give her some kind of peace and maybe help her to better understand her situation.

Inactive Deceased
Tulip DayHeart
Tulip hoped in all of her days that she would never be known as Nulla again. She hoped she would never have to take another wolf's life for any reason. She wanted her past to wash away with her tears. For all of the wrong done to her and to others to be gone. The small girl wiggled closer to Kajika whining softly into his pelt, her face still buried. His body warmth surrounded her, the small yearling melting into his large form. She was grateful for his talkative company, grateful for her home here thanks to him and Moon.

Tulip understood that the Cove wolves were better and they were their for her. Was she truly holding up her end though? "Tulip..Ooon and Ka happy with Tulip?" The girl asked with a meek voice...how could someone as pathetic of her amount to anything? The mention of being a thief caused the girl to look up, frowning. "Ka..." She choked. How could she tell anyone? Especially him or Moon. The pain that ripped through the girl's chest was barely bearable, the girl's whining increasing. Tulip could not find any words, lips quivering violently. The girl pawed at her face for a moment, then buried herself back within his fur. She had killed other wolves. She had fed upon their flesh. A new current of tears came from yellow orbs. "Ka..." She tried again as remorse consumed her but could not bring herself to tell him.

Finally the girl managed a tidbit, "Tulip...do more bad...". She looked at him with a guilty face, her heart heavy within her chest. Her eyes pleaded for mercy that she felt undeserving towards. Undeserving towards her new pack and all that life had handed to her. She could remember their faces, how they begged. Tulip had to though....She had to. The girl could only hope that this would be understood by others around her. She didn't want to, she never did. It was just how things went within Silver Peak. Especially with the lack of food to go around in the Extension. The Day girl licked at Kajika's chin in response to his own affections. "Tulip want to be good."

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The dark man knew that it would take time for Tulip to get to a point where she didn't have nightmares about her past, if that time ever came. He hoped that by continuing to reassure her that it would help in the process. He and Moonshadow were giving her a better life that he hoped would help her to succeed. He felt her wiggle closer to him and heard her whine as she buried her face in his fur. He continued to try and calm her with licks to her crown. He was glad that she felt comfortable enough to come to him after her nightmare.

His ears perked when she spoke again this time asking if he and Moonshadow we're happy with her. “Yes, Tulip we are. You've been doing very good during your time here,” he assured before placing a few more licks to her crown. He thoughts about the day they had encountered the coyotes, she had done much more than he expected. It didn't bother him that she'd gotten confused by the trail, it could have happened to anyone of them. He looked down at her when she spoke the nickname that she'd given him. He supposed it was because she couldn't say his full name and he didn't mind. In fact he rather liked it and it often brought a smile to his face but this time it didn't. The way she spoke caused his brow to furrow. She tried again, “What is it Tulip?” He prodded gently.

The large man sighed as she spoke of doing more bad. He didn't know exactly what that meant but now wasn't the time to make her tell him everything. “I'm listening if you want to tell me but if you don't that's okay too,” He said leaving it open and letting her know that he would listen if she needed to talk about it. At the same time he didn't want her to feel pressured. He brushed his cheek against hers, “Don't worry though. Whatever you've done that's bad is in the past and the cove is a place where you can make a better life.” He smiled as she declared that she wanted to be good which is exactly what he had come to the cove for almost two years ago. Now he was content in the fact that he did feel like he had done good. “You can do that here. You've already done good like when we faced the coyotes.” He thought using that as an example might help to make her feel a little better at least.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Tulip DayHeart
The girl snuggled close to Kajika, his affections calming the quivering of her lips as she cried like a whelp. With water lined eyes she looked up to him then buried her face once more. She couldn't tell him. She simply could not, but she wanted to. She wanted him to know her wrongs and hate her for them. She deserved hate, not this. Not this whole new world, this whole new sensation, the warmth within her body she felt in response to Moon and Ka's praises, the comfort of laying next to Ka right now, and surely not the presence of the pack. Yet, selfishly she thought, she didn't want to tell him. She wanted to change and be the good little wolf they saw within her. She wanted to stay with Moon, Ka, Bastet, Solas, and the others. Even if @Bastet didn't seem to like her much and @Solas irritated her so. The girl hadn't really got to know the other wolves in the pack yet but had started paying more and more attention to them. Her interest in those around her had increased with the small girl's time in the Cove.

Ka seemed worried now, and the yearling couldn't help feeling guilty. She had made him feel that way with her pathetic display of emotions. The girl frowned and pulled away a bit. She felt so immensely ashamed now, I-I sorry." The girl choked on her words, the word I sounding rather rough from her. She had managed it though, and if not for her overwhelming emotions she may have gotten excited. Kajika's licks drew the yearling back in like a child to it's pacifier. She didn't understand why she liked it, only that the attention was soothing. Tulip focused on the comfort, bringing her breathing down to a more normal level. She exhaled and inhaled deeply for a moment, then sighed softly. Everything was okay. She was here now, like he had said. She was doing good now.

Once more the girl squirmed closer to him, nibbling on his ear briefly before licking his cheek. "Tulip...I- she corrected herself- be good. I cove wolf? I...good cove...no...I happy cove." The girl didn't know how to explain herself, to tell her alpha that she liked the Cove and she was grateful to be here. Now settled down a bit the girl sucked in a dry breath, "Ka...I no good. I want be good....but I did bad Ka." She tried to explain, grimacing at the pain within her chest. Why was it so hard to tell him? Would if he did hate her. She deserved it, truly, but is that really what she wanted? Moon and Ka were her world along with a few others...

"Ka...I..." She tried again to little success.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

They all had a past, some of them he knew and some of them he didn't. If they wanted to tell him he would gladly listen without judgement. As far as he was concerned once they came to the cove they were starting over and what was in their past while it shaped who they were it didn't indicate what they would do while they were with the pack. That was what he cared about, what they did for the pack and how they affected it with their choices and actions. As Tulip snuggled against him with tears running down her cheeks he wasn't sure how he could help her see that without her telling him what had happened. It was her choice though and he wouldn't force her to tell him something she wasn't ready to.

His brow furrowed as she apologized since he wasn't exactly sure what she was apologizing for. As far as he knew she had yet to do anything that would require an apology. “You don't have anything to apologize for,” he told her gently. He continued to try and comfort her with licks to her crown which seems to be working. He waited to see what if anything she would say next. Kajika remained quiet so that she could work up her courage if she needed to or if she just wanted to remain quiet until she fell back to sleep.

She began speaking once again and it was just as broken as always but this time he followed. “You have been good and yes you are a cove wolf,” he assured before letting a smile cross his features. “I'm glad that your happy here Tulip, I hope that you always are.” He had let her stay I'm hopes of giving her a better life so it was good to know that he was doing that for her. His smile left as his brow furrowed when she started talking about wanting to do good and having done bad. “You will do good Tulip, I know you have it in you to do.” He then went quiet so that she could tell.jim about the bad that she'd since.it seemed she might be closer to telling him and he didn't want to make it harder for her. He did brush his muzzle against his cheek as if to remind her that he was there for her.

Inactive Deceased
Tulip DayHeart
(Crappy last post, sorry. This was cute! <3 Thanks for the thread :) )

The comforting of the older male seemed to slowly lull the girl off as she became less troubled and more sleepy. A small yawn forced it's way out, jaws parting slightly as her blotchy tongue curled. Her worries seemed to wash away with the licks, reassuring words soothing her rapid heart. He kept telling her she could be good, do good, was good. He made her feel apart and like she belonged. The Cove was her home now, she was home...and home was a great place to be. Guilt for her past would possibly follow Tulip in all of her life, but at this moment Kajika seemed to have put it at bay. Put her demons and monsters into a small corner in which they could not torment her. The girl lightly pressed into his muzzle as he brushed against her. Sleepy little eyes slowly fluttering shut, "Thank Ka." Her words a mere mummer amongst the night sounds that drifted inside.

Subconsciously the girl, probably oh so annoyingly at this point, wiggled a little closer and curled herself tightly about Ka. She mindlessly whispered a few final words before dozing off, "I...eat or be...eaten..." Her tired voice soon drowned out by a slight snore. It was not deep and rolling, but light and barely there. The sound of a content wolf. The normally light sleeper faded into a deep slumber besides her alpha and guardian against her fears...