(See All?) Announcements
650 Users Online
Bing, Google

your blood, like ice — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vet who has 20 posts.
@Moonshadow; @Jayseden - Jayse, feel free to hop in when you have the time. Kage is a potty mouth. Sorry notsorry. Edit: Forward dated to 2/21/18 <3 (ie-tomorrow)

The sweet escape is always laced
with a familiar taste of poison
Kagehide

"Blast this damn snow!" Kage practically screeched from the mountain. It was every damn where! Between his paw pads forming painful little ice balls, ice gathering on his whiskers, snow so deep his balls dragged in it! It was ridiculous. Unnecessary, even. Kagehide knew well the necessity for a good many things. Various poisonous plants had their uses for him whereas most would simply avoid them and find them useless or deadly. Kage found snow useless and deadly. To his good mood. It had fled the very moment he entered Relic Lore with all of its stupid, stupid snow!

What he wouldn't give for a warm, happy den right about now...

Or if his apprentice was on time...he wouldn't be up here freezing on his own! If Morganna went back on her promise...

He didn't know what he'd do. Piss on her caches, probably.

The silver male shook out his coat, flinging more snow from it as he stomped around the mountain, cursing his obscenities into the sky as if that would stop the shit from falling. Kage glared up at the heavy-laden clouds with accusation. "You got nothing better to do than hover over me?? Go somewhere else!" he snarled, as if threatening the weather would change its course. A few months until spring, he reminded himself. Just a few...months. He could make it. A few months wasn't bad...

"ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!"

A few months was forever.

(This post was last modified: Feb 21, 2018, 03:17 AM by Kagehide.)
[Image: kagehidesig_by_becuffin-dc2lwng.png]
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

It seems like FTC needs a healer more than ever <3

Worry and sorrow swirled inside the dark woman as she crossed over the border and out onto the mountain again. Tears flowed down her inky cheeks as the thoughts of her former queen dying plagued her. She was a mother figure, a mentor, a friend - she couldnt bare to lose her too. Her pace quickened as her attempts to shake the thoughts became futile. Large dark paws left even larger tracks in the rising snow. Having lived on this mountain for most of her life now she was confident in her step not needing to slow down. The voice of another was enough to cause the cove matriarch nearly stop. Silver dusted ears flicked atop her skull trying to pinpoint the origin of the voice. Things echoed atop the mountain sometime misguiding those how sought to follow a sound. Half confident in her choice of direction, Moonshadow walked slowly while straining to hear it again. Then there it was, this time louder and more clear. Were they, telling the snow to go away? She let a small chuckle as she rounded a bend to see a silver male much smaller than herself. He seemed irritated that the weather was what it was. "It seems like youre not the only one it follows" she called out with a small smile before giving her own pelt a shake to show just how much it clung to her as well. She needed a good distraction right about now.

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Kage turned at the sound of another, annoyance still evident in the irritable scowl and wrinkled muzzle. That the stranger started off as if they were old pals was a good sign - he hated small talk. Best to just get right down to the grit of it. ”Yeah, you too? Ain’t that a bitch,” he commented, turning to fully take stock.

Damn, his brain supplied helpfully. She was huge. And had seen her fair share of squabbles by the look of her scars. Whoever her healer had been had done a piss poor job, the herbalist observed with distaste. They had no skill, no pride, or both. But he wouldn’t judge too harshly. Maybe she’d had no healer at all and had to heal on her own.

As she seemed content to talk, Kage stayed in place and lifted a forepaw to chew a ball of ice that had gathered in the feathering between his pads, whiskey colored eyes watching her closely. ”How can I help ya, lady?”

Kage was no fool. He knew the bearing of a leader when he saw one. But just as he hadn’t with Morganna, the healer would take a bow to no one but his alpha. And currently, he had none and was quite content with the lack of attachment. Aside from the fact that it meant he lacked all the things a pack brought. Like free food and a warm den. Semantics.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

A small chuckle fell from her inky maw at his remark. This would be a good distraction after all. Her attention to detail allowed her to see him looking at her scars. It was an odd thing for she had actually forgotten about them for the most part and no one had ever taken notice to them before. It didnt bother her though for she just offered a kind smile as mercury orbs met whiskey counterparts. He asked how he could help her. "Wasnt looking for anythin' specific. A good distraction from life I guess" She offered with a shrug as she lowered her inky haunches. Right now she didnt want to think about the troubles of home. Little did she know that the man before her could help with a couple of those problems.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]

Kagehide

A distraction? As if pack life wasn't filled with distractions already? Kage recalled scarcely even having time to collect his herbs and make remedies with how often his services were demanded and he hadn't even been a leader. For an alpha to be out looking for distractions...that didn't bode well for her pack. Unafraid of repercussions, the silver male watched her as he boldly stated, "That seems awfully irresponsible of a leader, eh?" But the herbalist gave a careless shrug. "Suppose everyone needs a break now and then. They all that horrible you've gotta come out to the middle of some mountain range and scream at the sky like me?"

She looked troubled, truthfully. Heartsick, perhaps? It was hard to judge from just a few moments of meeting her, but Kagehide imagined she'd be forthcoming if he asked. He didn't. Not his responsibility.

In fact, his only responsibility was taking his sweet ass time finding him. The male was not looking forward to spending another night on this damned mountain side without shelter. He was half tempted to turn back around and settle at the bottom of the ridge. But that meant going closer to Morganna and he wasn't feeling that.

"Hey, since you're here...you know any place that's comfy enough to settle? Waiting on my apprentice and he's dragging his paws. Pups, ya know? Who knows how long it'll take him. Probably got distracted by a butterfly," he muttered, knowing full well the weather was far too cold for such creatures yet. Hopefully soon. Gods, he hoped soon.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

"That seems awfully irresponsible of a leader eh?" Her dark brows raised before furrowing at the comment. She was not being irresponsible...was she? He went on to say that he guessed that everyone needed a break every once in a while. Then he went on to ask if it was bad enough that she needed to come scream at the sky like him. She couldnt help but let out a small laugh "I just found out a very good friend of mine is dying. Just needed some space i guess." She spoke truthfully having no reason to hide anything. She needed a breath of fresh air.

The silver male then asked her if she knew of somewhere comfy to sleep. He was waiting on his apprentice, her heart clenched at the mention of a pup. Oh how she missed her baby @Chan. She offered a small smile "Down by the lake has softer soil than up here" she motioned with her muzzle in the direction of her home. Sure FTC was on the lake but theyre borders didnt surround the whole body of water. She didnt have a problem with them staying near the lake especially since he said hes waiting on a pup. "So what is it do ya do?" she asked out of curiosity.

Kagehide

Ah. Well, that would do it. Everyone had their own sob stories, and Kage had to remind himself not to be so blind to the suffering of others. Of course, his tongue often had a mind of its own and would result in him being insensitive often, but he rarely meant anything by it. Until he did, but no one could really tell the difference. He enjoyed leaving it up to interpretation and watching others fret over it.

The silver wolf's gaze sharpened, however. Not your business, he reminded himself. But he also hadn't asked. She'd given the information freely. Kagehide wasn't really listening when she offered advice on where to rest up for the night. Instead, he went back and forth on his decision-making. On the one paw, he had no supplies. Like, literally none. Not even a yarrow leaf or something quick to help the passing. Zilch. It's why he hated traveling.

By damn it all, he couldn't just hear about a dying wolf and see a woman looking so sad about it and do nothing. Even if he could do nothing, he had to at least go look, didn't he? Surely, it was part of some oath he took. Or should have taken. Kage was certain Kenji modified out the 'do no harm' bit thanks to her work with poisons...

Interrupting the leader and speaking over her, Kage stepped forward. "Show me." Despite having spoken over her, his brain slowly processed what she'd said while he spoke. "Your dying friend. Show me where they are. I'm a healer."

He tossed his head around to indicate around him. "Obviously, I've got nothing on me, but I can see what I can do with anything you have or anything around them." It was a sincere offer, but an earnest one. Whether the dying happened slowly or fast, it still needed to be addressed.

(This post was last modified: Feb 24, 2018, 07:15 AM by Kagehide.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

She was cut short and blinked in disbelief. Her mercury orbs widened as her mind tried to catch up with what was happening. "Your dying friend. Show me where they are. Im a healer." A healer? The heavens were smiling upon the the cove. Before she could respond the silver male spoke saying he didnt have any supplies but could see what he could do with what they had or what was around them. "I-Im not sure we have anything, my friend is a healer herself but only just returned so our stores have been depleted. We also have a pup with a broken leg im afraid." She admitted with a tone of being ashamed. She didnt know how @Namid would take having a stranger see her but Moon was slightly in denial of the woman's fate. Maybe she could get help for little @Roland, it broke her heart that she couldnt help them.

@Moonshadow - idk if you want to do a closing post and we can start a new thread with namid/ro or continue with this one? up to you~ <3

Kagehide

He would make do, Kage told himself. He'd done it before and he could do it again. The best thing about healing was that the tools were usually all around them. He need only know where to look. Kenji had taught him well; too well she had unfortunately come to find. But he would make good use of those skills. To hear there was another injured wolf within the pack didn't earn any judgement from Kage in regards to her leadership. He may have felt a twinge of annoyance to hear there was a healer recently returned, but stamped it down. Maybe they were not as well trained and felt overwhelmed. Maybe they were out now trying to refill stores - a difficult task in the heart of winter.

And maybe he'd get there and have to chew their head off for allowing things to get this way.

"I'll take a look at the pup, too," he reassured, tone still urgent. Kagehide was among the least patient wolves in the world, and had to remind himself to slow down and give the woman time to process. "Pups heal fast," he said, hoping to at least bring some peace of mind to her. "The name's Kage, by the way. Kagehide. Now lead on. Let's go see what we can do."