(See All?) Announcements
688 Users Online
Google, Bing, Nori, Adora

good tricks — Cold Water Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 36 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Chamomile

He carefully followed the creek's shore, turning and winding with it. Chamomile had no real idea where he was going (or what he was even doing) but he figured adventure would be found wherever the creek went. That was if he was lucky enough to follow it in the right direction. For a few hours, he moved south and then he turned right back around and followed it north.

By the time he slowed his pace, it was late afternoon. The sun was well hidden behind the clouds and trees and while the temperature was cooling it was not nearly as cold as it had been the past few weeks.

"Spring..." He joyously hummed as he took in the scents around him. It was still too cold for him to go frolicking in meadows but soon! Or so he hoped.
[Image: otbsig2_by_euphoriclies-d9q13rs.png]
currently seeking teaching or advising threads
interested in your wolf learning? pm me!
Played by Cade who has 861 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
His encounter in the fern-filled forest had sent him scurrying back south a ways before he felt comfortable enough to stop and think again. That had certainly been a sign: it was time for him to head back to the mountains and find his home. Would @Moonshadow and @Tagg even believe him when he told them what he had found?! He still almost didn't himself.

Chan was in the process of making his plans when the sound of water moving under thin ice caught his attention. It reminded him of how dry his tongue was, and instinctually he sought it out. Not only did he find a place to drink, but he saw another wolf as the bank came into sight. He was a bit older than him, but he still didn't hesitate to hope that they could be easy friends. Chan picked up his gait.

"Heya! What're you doing out here?"

He didn't smell like pack, but neither did Chan anymore and that didn't mean he didn't belong to one. He... still belonged to the Cove, right?
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Chamomile
"Hey yourself!" Chamomile barked out easily, the same friendliness he had given Seven was appearing now. The boy looked youthful but with his build, the stranger easily topped Chamomile's small size. Granted the older male had never really been one for large or grandness in his appearances. The only thing perhaps wonderous about the small earth-toned male was his lively greens eyes. Which he seemed to share (well, half-shared) with the youthful wolf!

"Just adventuring! What about you? Doing anything worthwhile?" Chamomile asked with an inviting smile and quick wagging of his tail. There seemed to be so many new friends to find in this place. North, south, east and west - it didn't seem to matter the direction. Heck! The brown wolf had even retraced his steps and still found company.

What a wonderful place this was turning out to be!
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Chan's greeting was returned enthusiastically, and the stranger's joy easily infected the boy, much as Princess's (@Nia) had. His big, bristly tail picked up to begin wagging as he beamed back at the other wolf. Adventuring? Well wasn't that just perfect!

"Me too! Adventuring, I mean. The land changes a lot, and I wish I could see it all. Hey uh, you been North though? To the forest with all the ferns?"

He had to wonder if the man had experienced what Chan had, and if he was heading there, the boy certainly wanted to give him a heads up. It wasn't just creepy, it was dangerous too! He could've been impaled!
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive II. Subordinate
Chamomile
His tail kept up the friendly wave as the kid explained he had been exploring too. OH! They had even been to the same place! Chamomile wasn't sure he could get any more excited about this new friend.

"Yeah! I found this really pretty glen, ran about in the snow." He chuckled warmly, his eyes crinkling with his laughter. "Did you run into Seven too?" His head tilted slightly with wonder. How close together had their adventures been? Maybe this kid knew where his northern friend's siblings were! Chamomile hadn't promised to help find them but it would certainly be a kind act if he did find them. Good karma and all that.

"I'm Chamomile by the way!" The small male tossed out quickly, instead of waiting until the last minute like he had previously.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
"Chan," he answered, glad for the small distraction as it gave him a moment to think about the rest of what the other wolf had said. Camomile and Chan, Double-C. Yeah, they were totally friends already.

"Seven uh, seven what?"

Glens? Those were like, clearings right? He supposed, though he hadn't really been counting. ... he hadn't missed out on something, had he? His ears pressed forward with rapt attention.

"I never really uh, thought to count stuff. Haven't even paid much attention to where I'm going at all, really."
Inactive II. Subordinate
Chamomile
"Oh! What a good name! Chan." The small male spoke with honest tones. Perhaps he was biased towards names with C but he couldn't help it. It wasn't like he had named himself Chamomile. Then an idea struck him. "You could call me by my nickname - Cam! We could be like...like...Chan and Cam!" They were absolutely going to be the best of friends. It had already been predicted by their names after all.

A laugh escaped him with a lightheartedness to it. "Seven the wolf! He's a pretty good guy." Chamomile explained with a soft shrug of his shoulder. There meeting had not exactly been the best but it was still pretty good. The small wolf had learned from the northerner after all.

"Paying attention to where you go isn't important. It's all about the journey you have while going wherever." He had learned that himself rather quickly. There was no point in going anywhere if the trip wasn't going to be worthwhile.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
The other boy complimented his name, and he kicked a paw gently across the snow in an aw shucks fashion. His teeth showed as he beamed pridefully and replied, "Thanks, my parents gave me it!" as if that somehow made it even more special. As if most wolves didn't get their name from at least their mother. He failed to grasp the redundancy.

"Heck yeah! Chan and Cam, Cam and Chan! Mighty and powerful gods Grand adventurers! Fearless explorers! Av-, uh... av-ant guards of... hidden... knowledge, or something, I don't know, it all sounds good!"

"Seven could join too! Though, we'd have to give him a nickname."

It made a lot more sense that seven was the name of a wolf, and not some ambiguous thing Cam was counting. And what he said about the destination not mattering so much, that was deep. Chan liked it, felt energized by it. Made being away from home feel more worth it.

"So, you don't have anywhere in particular you're going? What about when you take a break?"
Inactive II. Subordinate
Chamomile

Chamomile had kind of figured that the boy's parents had named him but hey! Maybe names came from elsewhere too. He could have named himself! The small male didn't see why that couldn't be an option.

"I'm liking the sound of this! Not sure what we'd nickname Seven though...but it has to fit our little theme!" He barked with eagerness. Seven just didn't match with Chan and Cam but they could work it out. He was racking his brain for something good when the younger male asked some more questions.

His tail swayed behind his tan hocks with ease. "No idea where I'm going and when I get tired I just kinda plop down." It was what he had always done, even back when he was with the group. "Just mind any claimed areas and your travels should be mostly smooth." Was there any sort of other advice he could offer the boy? Oh! "And it's always smarter to make friends rather than enemies." Chamomile's head gave a sharp nod to punctuate the point.

(This post was last modified: Apr 07, 2018, 07:22 PM by Chamomile.)