(See All?) Announcements
654 Users Online
Nori, Google, Vanadis, Finley, Bing, Adora

well here we are — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Nova who has 28 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Idris Lockelake

With a heavy blow through dark lips, the yearling moved through the Edge just like any other day. After meeting two of the other members of the Edge, it was clear that they were all very... what was the word? Idris didn't exactly want to say that he had gathered a stand-offish vibe from them but they weren't farting rainbows either. It was, thankfully, an inbetween that he was more than happy to deal with. It wasn't as though he had much of a social upbringing anyways so who was he to judge? They were all friends and knew each other, while he was the new guy simply trying to figure out this place for himself.

Of course, that also left him to try and figure out what this place was. Relic Lore had never been a place he had thought to venture but his mother had mentioned this place having stolen his father's heart and thought that this was likely where he had gone. So far, Idrus hadn't seen anyone that looked like him to a 't' but there was always room for surprises.

Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan was content with the situation in the Shallows. Sure, it was cold as hell but considering how tough things could get during winter he concluded that they were doing just fine. They had no annoying neighbours breathing down their neck and for all intents and purposes they ruled over the Falls undisputed. Creating a pack in the tail end of Autumn had been a risky move, but clearly it had been worth the risk. Most of the founding members remained, all but one had wandered off...which wasn't bad in the grand scheme of things.

Not that it mattered anymore, they were growing strong, the ranks full of young wolves who were ready and raring to do their part. It made Askan smile a little, as he looked over the frozen over Shallows. How far they had come in such a short time, all of his hard work was paying off. Finally.

Glancing to his side, the Edge Lord realised he was no longer alone. He had company in the form of Idris, his most recent recruit. Chuffing in greeting, Askan gestured for him to come on over as he was rather content sitting upon his throne of a rock. Though he didn't know him very well yet the yearling wasn't so bad, he'd been pulling his weight and true to his word had made an attempt to integrate into the pack. Askan couldn't really ask for more and yet he was tempted to, not that it was a bad thing.

"Idris,"Askan said, once he was within conversational distance. "How're things?"

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Idris Lockelake

While he hadn't exactly done too much for the pack (after all, he wasn't too sure what he should be doing), Idris had taken to learning the ins and outs of the area. As well as trying to integrate socially into his new packmates but truthfully,he was just excited to have something all his own for once. There weren't a million kids bored out of their minds slobbering on each other but instead, this new pack seemed much more aware. They actually seemed well put together. At least he wasn't back home taking care of a deranged mother, that was a plus.

So when the boy is called over he turns his head to see Askan nearby, lounging upon a majestic rock. It wouldn't have been very respectful if Idris had summoned his leader to where he was, so the dark yearling immediately began relocating. A gallant smile on his face as he lowered his head and took a seat near to the rock, Hi Askan, he greets the leader easily and hopes that he had been able to prove that he would be a decent addition. Things are good. Been scouting out the territory, met Sachiel and Hawthorne. At least, he was pretty sure that that had been there names but for all he knew they had been playing a joke on him and giving him false information.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Leader dem 1/3

Askan rumbled, pleased with his report.  He obviously hadn't been working his tail off, but that wasn't exactly what Askan had in mind. Some effort was always better than none, contribution in any shape or form was leagues better than sitting on his arse and watching the day go by. There was always room for improvement, as was the case with yearlings, but as things stood Askan was pleased with everyone's inputs. The caches hadn't run dry and the borders were patrolled and strongly marked, things were good and Askan was content.

Side eyeing the yearling as he sat, close but not too close, Askan's tail patted the floor, once then twice to show he didn't mind the company. Out of all the yearlings he had picked up, Idris didn't seem so yearlingy. It was apparent to Askan that he had a good head upon his shoulders, that even though he was interested in the places his Father had once frequented, he wasn't going to run off gallivanting anytime soon.

"Have you put anymore thought into what you want to do around here? What sort of role you want?" He asked, tipping his head slightly to the side as he did so.

(This post was last modified: May 16, 2018, 06:02 PM by Askan.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Idris Lockelake

If Idris had known that Askan believed him to be less year-lingy, he might have tried to be a little more of it if only because that was who he was. Idris wanted to be young and dumb, but he also wanted to be important. The life that he had lived thus far had made him want to be an adult and do more things - he was more like his father than he would ever realize. Mature with the right mindset, but with the wrong skills put to it.

The leader's question causes his brows to furrow and he opens his mouth, and for a second nothing comes out. It takes him just a moment to admit defeat. What role I want? he asks, squinting his eyes and leaning forward before putting his rump to the ground with his tail curling around his left leg. Through this he tries his best to try and find a reason to apologize and how to phrase it. There had to be some way that he could apologize for not knowing what a role was while still being appreciated and wanted here. Valentine's Keep didn't have roles and if they did, I was too young for them. At that time, anyways.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Idris still seemed to be living in the past.

Shallows Edge was not Valentine's Keep in any shape or for, nor would it ever be. From the little bits and pieces Askan had heard he'd managed to put together a somewhat coherent picture of Idris' birth pack. Here, everyone would have their place, and with that a sense of belonging. There were not outliers, no lone wolves or 'go it aloners', just the collective who worked together and helped one another when the going got tough. Or at the very least, that is what Askan wanted to build, to nurture.

"Well, it's about what you want, to an extent. What you think the pack needs." Askan certainly had his own take on that topic, but as of then he wanted to hear Idris' thoughts. "What was it like at Valentine's Keep? If you could change something there what would it be?" He asked, setting his bright gaze on him, firm and unwavering.

Perhaps this would be a good start, or not, he would have to wait and see. If push came to shove he wouldn't be so congenial, the Selwyn was familiar with a firmer hand and the benefits that came with its controlled use.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Idris Lockelake

Seeing as the Keep was all he knew of so far, it was hard to not compare what he saw and felt now, to what he felt and saw then. It was understandable that it be weird to still be living in that part of his world but he did want to be here but didn't know exactly what he could do. It wasn't as though the rules of all pack life was written in the stars (or was it??). For a moment, he begins to wonder what he thought the Edge needed and what he could provide for them. His thinking only taking form because he thought that that was what Askan was asking. What he could bring to the pack in times of need. The very answer that he didn't even know how to form.

Luckily, another question was given to which he exhales and scrunches his nose for a second. They are uninterested in in the pack, focused on the individual. It was the smartest way to put how he felt about that specific part of his past. That they weren't really a pack at all but just a gathering of wolves that lingered about. They hunted for themselves, not the pack - it was unhealthy and Idris had understood that at a far younger age than the rest of the children he had grown up around.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Leader dem 2/3

That sounded like chaos, hell on earth. How could they expect to prosper with such a lack of order? No wonder Idris was a bit...strange, quiet and maybe a little blurry around the edges, like he hadn't quite yet figured out who he was. Not that it was a big deal, now seemed as good of a time as any to get to know himself better, but the thought of Valentine's keep was more than enough to make Askan scowl. He hoped that Idris was open to change, hell, he had to be otherwise why would he even be here in the first place?

"That's not a pack that's....I don't know what it is, but things are not like that here. Nor will they ever be. Does that bother you?" Askan asked, squinting as he searched for any subtle changes that might emerge. He wasn't sure what he was looking for, a flash of worry maybe? Or perhaps regret? "Do you miss it, the keep?"

Missing the fragmented parts of his family was one thing, but wanting that sort of lifestyle to follow him wherever he went was another. Surely he came to the Lore to do more than to look for his father, a change of pace was the second most likely reason, or so Askan assumed. Unless he'd read the situation all wrong then...that wouldn't be surprising to be honest, Askan had never been much of a people person. Leader or not, his desire to change that hadn't increased a whole lot. As long as he could get along on a day by day basis he'd be fine, probably.

"You said you wanted to look for your father, there might be some roles that could allow for that." Askan mused aloud after a moment or so of thought, his tail tapping slowly against the weathered rock. He glanced to his side again, his ears pricked. "Scouting seems like the obvious choice. But we could also make use of someone who is on the move, keeps an eye on the herds that pass through the region. Then there is diplomatic shit that needs dealing with, talking to neighbours. But I don't think that's your sort of thing, is it?"

(This post was last modified: May 16, 2018, 06:02 PM by Askan.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Idris Lockelake

Valentine's Keep was ridiculous and unorganized. A place that the young boy sought not to go back to in fear that it would only lead to disappointment. Hell, he was surprised that it was still a pack but he supposed uprisings happened every year or so but it always seemed to be more of the same. No, he replies without hesitation, it doesn't bother me. I don't want that. I want to be in a place that doesn't judge harshly and sees the individual within the pack. Did that make sense? Idris wasn't quite sure if Askan would understand what was meant by seeing the individual within but he hoped to be that. He wanted to be his own self and find his specific, individual place within the Edge. So far it was tough and go but it was easy to assume it was because he was rather new.

He had stumbled upon the Lore entirely by accident, not whilst searching for his father specifically, but he knew enough about this place from his mother to know that his father had spent a lot of time here. Even had his own family here that he, in turn, also walked out on. I don't need him but I like the idea of being a scout. While he didn't mind being the diplomat who goes to neighbors either and talks, he figured that it was probably better for him to be a scout rather than a diplomat. Idris liked to move and keep busy, as even the slightest feeling of being forced to stay put often led him astray.