(See All?) Announcements
583 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis

only acting — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She peeled herself away from @Kajika early that morning. Her hidden place would now hold the superior's scent and with her luck, surely others would notice. The place would become less hidden from the others than originally. A huff left her at the thought. She would need a new place as soon as possible.

Her large form crept around the lake on its rocky shore. Just when things had been warming up the temperatures dropped overnight. The world was being dusted again in a light snowfall. Her face crinkled with displeasure. Weren't things supposed to be warming this time of year? How long did winter plan on lasting?

The large wolf slowed her pace before stopping and settling on her rear. She deserved a bit of silence for all the commotion she both dealt with and occasionally caused.

(This post was last modified: Feb 23, 2018, 06:01 PM by Birtie.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The dark male had slept longer than he normally would and when he woke he found the cream female had left him behind. Slowly he rose to his paws and shook out his coat. The news he'd received from Namid still weighed heavy on him but talking with Nortie the previous night had helped. He would need to go and see the Vuesain before he couldn't but for the time being he needed to get to his duties.

He made the trek to the lake in the light snowfall which was made a little longer since he hadn't spent the night in his den. He wasn't expecting to find Birtie at the lake when he arrived for his morning drink but there she was. He didn't go to her right away, merely let his gaze settle on her for a long moment.

Then he turned to the lake and took last few steps before he was bending his head to lap at the water.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She would have never known he was there if it wasn't for the consistent lapping sound that seemed to be deafening in the silence. Her ears swiveled before her head turned, the dark figure of Kajika just at the shore. For a few moments she simply stared wondering if he knew she was there. Her pale form might have been hidden amongst the snowy world but certianly he could smell her scent.

But she was impatient and didn't wanting to wait for him to notice her. Slowly she moved towards him only to stop a foot or so away. Sleep well? Her voice was soft and neutral. Birtie knew he was used to sleeping alone for he had told her so. She, too, was used to having a space to herself. That didn't mean she slept awful last night, though.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Getting morning drink he wondered if she knew he'd come down to the lake. As he lapped.at the water he caught her staring at him letting him know she knew he was there. So then he wondered if she would come to him or if he would have to go to her. That question was answered when her cream form came toward him and stopped a short distance from where he still had his head lowered to the water.

A slight smile crossed his features before he lifted his head to answer her question. “I slept quite well actually. How did you sleep?” He inquired as it was the polite thing to do. It wasn't often at all that he had a sleeping companion and he couldn't say he disliked it. Though he did find it strange waking up somewhere other than his den.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

There was something nice about knowing she wasn't a terrible sleeping companion. Unless he was simply being polite.

Didn't sleep awful, that's for sure. Her shoulders gave a gentle shrug. Birtie's sleep hadn't changed drastically despite the presence of another. He didn't kick or talk in his sleep and that was enough for her to consider it a good night's sleep.

Her eyes scanned the area around them. It was lovely out here with the snow falling. It was tempting to call the scene rather perfect. She had company though and couldn't be admiring the view forever. Do we intend on making a habit of that? A brow raised as she vaguely talked about last night. I want to find a new place but I suppose it's important if I need to make sure it is actually big enough for two. Even if it was only an occasional thing she wanted to be prepared.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Seeing as how she had made her sleeping spot away from the rest of the pack he could only assume she wasn't too keen on sleeping close to other's. So he was rather curious about how she had slept having him next to her.

He chuckled, “Well I'm glad to hear that I didn't do anything embarrassing did I?” He asked jokingly. As far as he knew he didn't do anything like snore or talk in his sleep but then it had been awhile since he'd been in the position for someone to tell him if he did.

He watched her curiously as she seemed to he taking in the scenery but then she turned and asked about making the previous night a habit. He could not help but raise his brow in surprise at the question. “I don't see why we couldn't and I wouldn't mind if we did. Is that something you would like?” He asked his head tilting slightly to the side. He wasn't going to make a habit of inviting himself into her space I'd she didn't want him to. “I would agree it is important if we are going to be making it a habit.” He started to wonder if maybe he needed to find a bigger den.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She let out a small chuckle at his question. No, I would have booted you if you did. Her tones may have been joking to match his own but she certianly would have woke him if he did something obnoxious.

The Parlow didn't miss the way his brow raised at her question. She was being honest, though. If she had taken him by surprise or perhaps even offended him then she would apologize and willingly throw away the incident. Wouldn't be too terribly hard to forget.

Well I wouldn't mind it. Especially if winter plans on sticking around forever. Her yellow gaze looking away from him to glance at the snow-dusted lands. Birtie could only hope it planned on going away soon.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

“Fair enough, it's good to know that I don't for future reference and all.” He gave a quick nod of his head. At least now he knew in case the question ever came up again. He was glad that she hadn't had to kick him out though, that might have been embarrassing.

Asking about making sleeping in the same place a habit wasn't a question he'd faced before. It left him a little surprised that she would ask and that the question was coming from her. Maybe he was starting to grow on her.

It was her opinion of the matter that was important though so he'd waited for her response. Soon enough she said she wouldn't mind it. He stepped forward and brushed her chin with his nose when she looked away. “Then we should make it a habit even if it's only so that we don't have to be cold and alone while the winter drags on.” He’d only said that last part because she'd brought it up and he thought it might make her more comfortable about the idea.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Her hackles raised briefly at his touch. It was foreign and strange, an invasion of her personal space. But she did nothing but stay still. Her features smoothed themself out quick enough. Her head turnin to look back towards him while he spoke his piece.

Smart.

She hummed in thought before beginning to walk back towards the pack lands. Busy today? Her head looked over her shoulder, expecting him to follow after her. He had done so every other time and she couldn't understand why he wouldn't now. Unless he was indeed busy with matters outside of the pack.

Birtie had business to attend to though. Inside of the pack's borders and he was free to tag along or stay behind.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He didn't miss the raise of her hackles as he brushed her chin. Part of him wondered if she would lash out at him for the touch but the other part trusted she wouldn't hurt him. She didn't but seemed to accept it, he took a step back as he spoke. It seemed they had come to a decision, it was something different for him that he saw as a good change. Maybe Moonshadow had been right.

The dark man watched as she turned to head back to the territory. He soon fell into step beside her as she asked about his day. “Not any busier than any other day. Did you have something in mind?” Whatever she had planned he didn't see why they wouldn't do it together. It would be nice to step away from being an alpha for one day.