422 Users Online
Finley, Google, Bing, Oleander, Hazelnut, Apolline

Time rolls by the clock dont stop — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

@Kagehide Set right after their thread on 2/21 at about early evening. @Namid and/or @Roland Moon's kinda stressed out and trying to hold onto anything she can. Please allow the first few rounds for Kage and Moon. :)

The dark woman moved with ease over the snow covered mountain. At first she remained silent as her mind tried to process what had just happened. "How long have ya been a healer?" she asked looking to him as they walked. He must know quite a bit to be so worried about her former queen. The thought that Namid wouldnt want anyone trying to help her should have crossed her mind already but the onyx leader was too distraught. She just wanted everything to be better, everything bad to go away.

Word Count: 000
Played by Vet who has 20 posts.

The sweet escape is always laced
with a familiar taste of poison
Kagehide

Kagehide had to remind himself that this woman had not been of his pack, had not seen his skills before. While he didn't care to have his credentials questioned, he understood the reasoning for it. Though, by the sounds of it, she could hardly be choosy. "I was an apprentice for nearly three years prior to replacing my mentor when she died a year ago for my former pack. An opportunity elsewhere had me leave." He grumbled the last bit, annoyed that he felt compelled to defend his reasoning for no longer being with his pack. Determined not to overshare, Kage aimed to steer the conversation elsewhere.

"Your dying friend, what are their symptoms? Male, female? Age?" The more he knew before he got there, the faster he could come up with a targeted treatment plan.

As they walked, his sharp gaze scoured the terrain, picking out plant shoots peeking from out of the snow that may be useful. Not much grew in this area, he noted, that wasn't already pulverized by winter's icy claws. It didn't bode well for her friend's chances.

[Image: kagehidesig_by_becuffin-dc2lwng.png]
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The dark audit closest to Kage swiveled towards him as he responded to her question. About four years then, which was longer than she had been alive actually causing a weird sense of calm. What kind of opportunity had pulled him away from his pack? Before she could ask though the silver male asked her more about Namid and her aliment. "Her name is Namid, shes uh about five. She didnt give a list of symptoms. When my co-lead and I were speaking to her though her back legs gave out. She did say that her older sister had the same symptoms since they were born and that she passed just after they turned a year old." Mercury orbs fell to the ground as she spoke, a part of her felt like she shouldnt be giving out such detailed information to a stranger but she was desperate. She just couldnt handle another loss.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Kagehide

Back legs giving out wasn't much to go on. Kage would be tempted to think it related to arthritis and a sudden weakness, but why would she be so convinced she was dying? However, a history of a sibling suffering something similar before dying early had the healer frowning. He'd learned most causes of early, unexplained deaths were related to a weakness in the heart. Did they share the same disease, and only now, her heart was failing her? It was a troubling thought. He could do very little for such illnesses if they were a physical abnormality. And guessing wrong on the source could be catastrophic.

Heart disease could also explain her back legs going out if she had clots forming. To this day, Kage still vividly recalled the post-mortem examination Kenji had performed on a recently deceased packmate. Even as a pup, he hadn't been deaf to the whisperings of the naysayers. That what Kenji was doing was blasphemy and disrespectful of the dead. But the Alphas had put such talk to rest with vicious snarls that Kagehide could still hear if he thought about it enough. The examination had revealed a lot to the pup. Disgusted as he was by the stench, he was fascinated to soak in all that Kenji had to teach him about how the body worked. That particular wolf had thrown multiple clots which ultimately led to him suffocating from lack of functioning lungs, which explained why all their treatments had been in vain. It had been a decent lesson on how they were not omnipotent. All they could do as healers was work with what they knew. Sometimes, they would be wrong.

Kage recalled, too, how he vowed to never expose an apprentice of his own to such an examination. While he had learned a lot from it, he had smelled the stench of mire and the darkness of the exam lingering in his fur for weeks. The nightmares had lasted longer.

"I'll see what I can do," he vowed to @Moonshadow. "You just need to prepared to hear that there may not be anything for me to do."

And if that was the case, Kage would speak to his patient in private. If she was suffering...he could end it in a peaceful manner.

Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
How lovely are the portals of the night
When stars come out to watch the daylight die

It had been approximately 5 days since her return to the Cove and the former queen had spent the past 4 resting within the medical den. She’d spent much of it coping, trying to truly come to terms with her imminent demise. It was debatable whether or not she wished that it would be a quick death, one that she didn’t need to contemplate but rather just...suddenly find herself looking down from above. Her faith was a comfort, that she would be with the Ancestors, with her parents and, finally, she would be able to meet her little boy. It was a sad to think that she would not be able to see Anthem or Desideria, but she hoped that they had found peace in wherever their spirits had been taken them. Yet, at the same time this slow death had allowed her to find and say goodbye to those who had helped her during her life. She had met a grandchild, bid farewell to old friends. One might call that a blessing in the life of a feral wolf.

She ventured, slowly, across the territory toward a cache. Though the thought of food was highly unappealing she knew, as a healer, that she needed to try and eat. The Vuesain wife had promised her husband that she would try and hold on for his return and by the Ancestors she would do what she could to ensure her promise held. The scent of Moonshadow hung on the breeze and she paused, the scent of another mingling with it. Curiosity, even in her haggard condition, allowed her to head in their direction. Or, rather it was likely that they would meet her with her meager pace. Namid had no energy to bark or emit such a sound, instead greeting them with a tired smile. “Hello,” she said, voice quiet.

TAGS:   OUTFIT:   OTHER:  
Made by  esa
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Played by WildFlower who has 134 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tulip DayHeart
( Lemme know if any of this is not okay)

A nosy curiosity had befallen the girl since Namid had join the pack, a heavy feeling in the air that she could not ignore. The girl did not fully understand what was going on, but the woman was not okay. That much she had gathered from the way the older wolf moved and how Ka and Moon treated her. To see her leaders unhappy made the girl uneasy and she had noticed Moon wandering off. Tulip staid back from her, but followed the Namid through the Cove's territory nonetheless. She did not want to be up the woman's butt, however, she didn't want her to be alone either. If she were to fall or come across a coyote. The girl shuddered at the thought. The girl wondered if the woman was aware of her, for this wasn't new. She had occasionally checked on the den she resided in, making sure no coyotes were bothering her. For a change it seemed she wasn't only Moon's shadow.

Tulip was also interested in the voices and scents traveling through the air. She followed behind, worried eyes watching the weakened frame of Namid. She was so worried the woman would collapse. Namid's hello was followed by a timid nod as she trotted up to stand beside the Vuesain. The girl looked at the older woman meekly, "Sorry". She uttered for, if the wolf was not already aware, there was no denying the yearling had been following her. The girl offered her shoulder then, in case Namid needed help standing.
[Image: ftc_by_euphoriclies-d8zepct.png]TULIPDAY   [Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png]

Tulip has a speech impairment that causes her to talk with a severe lisp and has selective mutism. I will not be writing her words to reflect this (outside of going mute), but ask those who roleplay with her to understand it's implied.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

He assured the cove matriarch that he would do his best to help but that she should be prepared for the possibility that he may not be able to do anything. Her silver dusted ears fell back with a saddened acknowledgment. "I can do that" she said fading hope clear in her tone. They walked in silence to the borders of their mountainous home. "This is it" she finally spoke as they came upon the invisible line. Moon motioned for him to follow her as she moved into the territory. She set her mark to the medical den and made her way through the territory. It seemed like luck was on their side for the pale form of the former queen came into view.

Moons silver dusted tail began to wag as she made her way to Namid. She greeted the older woman with a lick to the cheek and nudge to her chin. She moved back and gave Tulip a smile in greeting as well. Looking back to Kagehide she gave a weak smile. "Namid, Kagehide. Kage, Namid." She introduced looking between the two healers. "This is Tulip" Moon added motioning to the dark yearling. "Kage is a healer, I was hoping he might be able to help at all?" She explained looking to her friend. Her silver eyes had a hint of pleading as if to say let him help. She was desperate and in denial.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Kagehide

Kagehide stepped without hesitation over the obvious scent markers for pack territory, fearless in his endeavor. With the Alpha leading him on, no pack wolf would dare think to attack him. And if one did? He could hold his own when necessary. Other times, he relied on more covert measures. The herbalist followed @Moonshadow to a medical den.

As they came up on the five-going-on-twelve year old, Kage frowned. She looked awful. At her side was a pup that Kage only took a mild interest in. Healthy pups were of little consequence to him and more a nuisance than anything. Still, the male inclined his head as he was introduced to both his new patient and her little shadow. "It's a pleasure to meet you both." His eyes didn't carry the sentiment, focused instead on his task as he was. "May we speak in private?" he asked @Namid, inclining his head towards @Tulip for Moonshadow to entertain. "I think highly of my patient's confidentiality."

Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
How lovely are the portals of the night
When stars come out to watch the daylight die

After she’d arrived the sound of small pawsteps was heard behind her and she turned her head to find Tulip trailing after her. She’d noticed the girl followed her around since her joining the previous day, though whether or not it was upon her own will or the orders of Kajika or Moonshadow she did not know. Namid said nothing about it, though did throw a smile her way every so often to let her know that she knew of her presence. It didn’t bother her in the annoying sense, but more the fact that she was in such rough shape that she needed to be watched. Not to be said that she didn’t need it, but it was the beginning of the loss of Namid’s free will and the thought of this made the Star Dancer’s stomach churn.

“You are fine, my dear,” she offered to the small girl, blue eye closing in  wink before her attention turned back forward. Moonshadow greeted her with a lick to her chin and a nuzzle to the cheek, the former queen rubbing her cheek across the dark woman’s in return with a pleased hum. She pulled back as introductions were given, mismatched gaze taking in the form of the younger silvered man. She bowed her head in a greeting, though words did not escape her just yet. While Namid may have been a wordy woman in her normal state, she found more and more that speaking took a toll on her. She was more content to sit back and listen than do the conversing.

Moon revealed that the man was a healer and that she hoped she could help, Namid’s gaze softening instantly. She knew that her friend was taking this hard and it killed her that she couldn’t help. The Vuesain woman herself didn’t want her condition to be true, but she knew that it was and no amount of denying it was going to be able to save her. Still, if allowing Kagehide to assess her made the Cove queen feel better then she would allow it. “If he has any way to help me I will accept it,” she said, giving a reassuring smile to her friend. Attention turned to the grayscale man as he asked to speak to her privately. A brow raised in question but she responded with a nod. “Of course, lead the way.”

TAGS:   OUTFIT:   OTHER:  
Made by  esa
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]