(See All?) Announcements
697 Users Online
Google, Bing

ghosts that we know — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The skies were dark and overcast that afternoon as Lorcan traipsed through the woods which bordered the location of their new territory. The male was out scouting the surrounding area, checking and double-checking that the area they had chosen was suitable enough to provide for them in the long term. The last thing he wanted to do was discover that the woods were void of potential prey, or alternatively, overrun with other predators which could cause them trouble in the future.

Moving quietly through the dappled shade provided by the trees, he held his nose upwards towards the canopy as he inhaled the crisp air around him. Russet ears pricked up when he caught the faint scent of blood, decay and another wolf in the wind. It would seem like someone had only recently made a kill, which intrigued him. Curious to know who the wolf was and what they had caught, Lorcan's pale paws set off to follow their trail. 

The stranger had been much closer than he had anticipated and pretty quickly he came across their silvery form trotting between the trees, a large rabbit hanging lifelessly from their jaws. For a split second his heart froze as he mistook the stranger for Craw. Lorcan grit his teeth. No, this wasn't Craw — but still there was something familiar about them. Secretly his mind whirled, golden eyes narrowing suspiciously, as he tried to put a name to her face. Boldly Lorcan moved forwards, his tawny figure approaching her from the shadows as he stepped into the sunlight. Russet ears perked forwards curiously and his tail swayed neutrally behind him in greeting. 

He barked across to them to get their attention, before adding. "Have we met before? I'm pretty sure I know you from somewhere..." He tilted his head to one side curiously before introducing himself. "I'm Lorcán."    
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2018, 02:07 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Wolfsi who has 63 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odysseia Immorta
Odysseia Immorta
Get out your guns, battle's begun.
Are you a saint or a sinner?

OOC here!

It has been a few day's, too many days since she talked with Cheedo. She feard the other was starting to believe she not come. But it was in the death of winter and she been unable to find anything of real value to bring the Piety as a present and show of good faith. She was no healer and while she considered digging up a bunch of roots she did not know which had healing properties and which were useless. And showing up asking for a spare to prove her strength did not seem like a good idea either. So she was left with the most vital thing in winter, prey.

But as a lone wolf, she could not hope to take down anything large, and she wanted to bring the woman something fresh so scavenging was not what she was looking for. Instead, she spend the last few days keep track of a rabbit's burrow. She tried to catch the large rabbit she had her eyes on the day before yesterday but it had escaped her yaws.

However today had been her day, she found the critter far from its burrow munching on something edible. It had been a short chase, ending in the death of the rabbit. Its soft fur and strong scent of fresh kill brought hunger to her. She forced it away, her prize was a gift, not an afternoon feast.

Lifting it up she set into motion, she had to get this to Piety before someone ells caught the scent of her kill. Last thing she wanted was to risk lossing it. But she was too late in that hope as someone was already there.

The rabbit under her nose, covered up all other scents in the air and her eyes were focused on her oath and not her surroundings. So she failed fully to realize his presence. At least until he barked.

For a moment instinct ran between running or fighting to defend her prize, ears would pull back and tail stiffened behind her. But the sound of his words the neutral pose of his body. She relaxed, some at least. Ears would peak and tail relax but a guarded tensing beneath her skin made it obvious that she had no intention to let him take what was hers. The rabbit feel from her jaws with a bump as she placed it under her burning eyes on the man who seemed strangely familiar. But why?

"Sorry for the rude display, you surprised me" she spoke a slight smile forming on her lips. Eyes seeking his face and body, looking for a clue to why he looked familiar. "And I'm not sure, Does The Khai or Whitestone Mondanock sound familiar?" she asked giving away the names of the only two packs she ever been connected to. Unfortunate not even his name ring any bells in whom he might be "Pleasure to meet you @Lorcan, I'm Odysseia Immorta"

March note! It should be noted that Ody's spring scent/heat scent is quite a bit weaker then that of the average female due to her weak fertility.
[Image: ody_sig_by_becuffin-dbod0gl.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan had caught the girl by surprise it seemed. As she turned to face him, her posture defensive, Lorcan remained still. He did not move any closer to her and instead held the neutral height of his tail. Russet ears pressed back against his head to show that he had no intention of attacking her, which seemed to work, as a small smile began to pull at the corners of her lips. The male gave a soft shrug of his shoulders as she apologised. "It's my fault, no need to apologise." He assured her with a dismissive flick of his tail. 

He still could not place a name to her, but her mention of Whitestone Monadnock caused his ears to prick and his pale brows to furrow suspiciously. Golden eyes narrowed on the face of the young Craw lookalike. Lorcan nodded his head slowly, his head beginning to tilt to one side in question. The male pressed his tongue to the roof of his mouth as the female freely offered up her name. Still, he did not recognise it — however, the mention of his old pack and her strong resemblance to its runaway leader made him certain that there was some kind of connection to be made. 

"I used to serve as a healer in Whitestone over a year ago now, beneath Craw..." He paused for a moment, golden eyes watching her closely as he mentioned his ex-leader's name. "until he ran off with some old friends of his." Lorcan explained, the bitterness in his voice obvious. "You wouldn't happen to know him would you?" Their resemblance was uncanny, almost identical except from her lack of scars and the colour of her eyes. 
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Odysseia Immorta
Odysseia Immorta

OOC here!

He did not take any ill from the spiders defensive nature and she smiled thankfully. Apparently, he was not half bad, not look to steal from her, at least not yet. But despite it, she relaxed herself fully. Her prize was still under her so if he sought to take ti he have to either move her or dive in underneath her. Both would require him to make physical contact so, for now, she saw no reason to be overly defensive.

And the mystery seemed to solve itself as he reviled his past. He'd been a healer under craw. Which meant she likely seen him when she staid there before her father decided to slither off after the cursed Archer woman. However, his next words brought questioning gaze to her eyes and not necessarily in a good way. "Yes my father decided that some black woman, who also abandoned the pack, was more important than us." she replied not bothering to hide the venom in her tone regarding Morganna. For while it seemed other had more disliking for her father she did not see Morganna as any better, she left too, she stolen a husband and father from his family. "But I haven't seen him since I was a yearling and came to Whitestone with my family" her voice returned to a more neutral tone tail swaying relaxed behind her.

And as she watched him in silence waiting for his next words, his reaction to her heritage or disliking for a certain black bitch. His scent took her interest. It was almost like.... Cheedo's? Tilting her head she watched him with newfound curiosity, "Pardon me asking but you wouldn't happend to be knowing a family member of mine called Cheedo would you?" her head returned to a normal position and ears tilted towards him and eyes seeking his with interest.

March note! It should be noted that Ody's spring scent/heat scent is quite a bit weaker then that of the average female due to her weak fertility.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
A single brow rose as Craw's daughter made mention of @Morganna. The obvious disliking she had for the dark woman caused his black-tipped tail to lash out behind him defensively. Golden eyes narrowed with suspicion towards @Odysseia, though he said nothing. Lorcan would not argue with the girl. It seemed there was always two sides to every story, it just so happened that they appeared to be on opposing sides. Gritting his teeth so's not to let his muzzle wrinkle and keep a neutral expression, Lorcan politely allowed Craw's daughter to finish talking before he said anything. 

At her mention of @Cheedo, Lorcan's brows rose along with his ears. Pale paws shifted uncomfortably beneath him as he considered whether to tell her the truth or not. He did not know her reasons for looking for the small agouti female and he was worried that she was hear to cause trouble or take her away from Piety. Flaring his nostrils, Lorcan worked hard to hold his nerve. "I do. She stayed behind at the monadnock when the rest of you left." He informed her. "Why? What do you want with her?" He asked bluntly. He was obviously defensive.
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2018, 03:28 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Odysseia Immorta
Odysseia Immorta

OOC here!

The spider did not fail to notice the shifting of the others paws, not the peak of his ears by the mention of Cheedo's name. She nodded her head by his first word which she was already aware of. "I know, I returned to the Lore about a year ago after falling to find my Father and the woman" she spoke simply as she watched him, wondering what he knew and didn't knew. How long had he been in Whitestone? Until the end? Eyes would linger as she spoke again his words caused her to narrow her eyes as she watched him. His defensive words brought wonder to her mind.

Forcing herself to relax and eyes to return to normal "What I  want with her, is for her to be safe and happy" she stated her tone slightly defensive her tail now still behind her as she breathed out raising her head from the slightly dropped position it had taken. Turning this into a fight or shouting match wasn't going to do any of them any good. "And I simply asked because you smell alike." she fall silenced for a moment the deep breath to take in his scent once more to simply be sure that he indeed did smell like her family member.

The spider would look away from him for a moment, but her ear was turned to him. She watched the forest for a moment her thoughts loud in her head. "I meet her a few days ago and we talked she seemed happy where she was." she spoke as she turned her eyes back to him, a soft smile on her lips as the talk with Cheedo popped into her mind.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
A single brow rose as @Odysseia mentioned how she had returned after failing to find Craw and Morganna. "So you didn't leave or return with the others?" He asked, hoping for clarification. Lorcan was still feeling unsure about her, so the more information he could find out about her, the better. He planned to take the information back to @Piety once they parted ways. It would be important for her to know that one of Craw's followers, his daughter no less, was looking for Cheedo. 

Lorcan's head tilted to one side and his russet ears perked up as the younger female explained that all she wanted was to see her family member happy. His cold, neutral expression faltered for a second. If she was really telling the truth, he could empathise with that, but he still wasn't sure if he could trust what her true intentions were. Once again his paws shifted a little awkwardly beneath him as his pale brows furrowed as she continued to talk. 

To hear that she had recently been reunited with Cheedo was news to him. Once again his jaw stiffened and his golden eyes narrowed. Returning back to her comment about how he and the small agouti woman smelt alike, Lorcan informed her. "She's my subordinate, or will be once we've settled." It felt weird to call Cheedo that, but it was true. It would just take some getting used to on his part. He didn't offer up any more information on the subject. 
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Odysseia Immorta
Odysseia Immorta

OOC here!

Ody shook her head as he asked if she had traveled with the others "No I went after him in hopes of getting an explanation, why he'd leave us again" she said her voice dropping in tone, sadness in its weary sound. "But I wasn't able to catch up, so I wandered spend two years on my own. Realizing I don't wanna be his shadow anymore" burning eyes would raise to his her voice neutral with a hint of pride. She did not mind talking about herself or where she had gone. She was proud of it, proud she found her way in life, proud she had freed herself from his shadow. But also regretful she not stayed behind with everyone, who knew maybe if she had she been able to keep the gang together, she been able to have her whole family here. At times she came to wonder, in the death of night when it was at it coldest, would they all have been better off if Wraith had not found them? It wasn't a pleasant thought, but if it was true she still have her family with her.

The spider's jaw almost dropped to the floor as he revealed a little bit of vital information Cheedo hadn't told her. "You're going to be the other leader?" she asked surprise obvious in her voice, but it wasn't hostile. "Cheedo didn't say that, she simply informed me that Piety would be leading" she spoke tilting her head curiously as she watched him. Wondering what his role was in all this for Cheedo not to have mentioned that there was already another alpha.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan's opinion of @Odysseia began to change when she explained how she had not left with the rest of her family. In fact, she seemed to be just as upset as he had felt when Craw had first wandered off with his other followers. The male's ears pressed back against his head, suddenly feeling a little guilty for how harshly he had treated the younger female. It seemed that Craw's departure was still a very touchy subject for him and anyone involved was immediately cast in a bad light until they proved themselves. 

Craw's daughter appeared visibly surprised when he mentioned that Cheedo would his subordinate. "Mhm." He hummed casually in response to her question. When Odysseia explained that Cheedo had informed her about Piety but not him, Lorcan gave a dismissive shrug of his shoulders. "I'm a recent addition to the group." He divulged with a sweep of his tail. 

"But anyway," Lorcan said, quickly changing the subject. "As you said, Cheedo is happy where she is and has promised me that her loyalty lies with us, and not with Craw or any of his followers." He paused a moment, his golden eyes looking Craw's daughter up and down, a suspicious scowl etched onto his features. "She's moved on, and if you really do care about her you'll leave her be." The bridge of his muzzle wrinkled as turned to step away, tail high as he began to walk away.  

- Lorcan exits -
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2018, 04:53 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N