(See All?) Announcements
341 Users Online
Google, Sophrosnia, Hazelnut, Eros, Bing, Ryder, Flair, Vasco

I'm telling ya, I heard him — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by WildAdopts who has 9 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lumi Spitfire
Lumi trotted through the snow following her gut feeling, pride motivating the girl to keep going. She could care less about Jani's endless nagging about listening to Olwen, respect, and blah blah blah adult wolves this adult wolves that. Sure, those things were important! But she knew she heard her brother calling for them the other day and she would totally find him. January would have to eat snow after this! The young wolf huffed with a wide cocky smirk. Of course, this would have been an easier task if the older wolf had simply let her go in the first place.

Lumi surveyed the lowlands, yellow-green orbs looking for the familiar comforting frame of her big brother. Her creamy fur hardly sticking out in the endless white. If it had not been for the darkening of her muzzle the cream puff might've camouflaged in nicely.
Played by WildAdopts who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
January Spitfire
The older woman followed the girl, calling for her with a concerned voice. That child was going to be the death of her! Never listening, always wondering off, playing mind games that could get her hurt with the wrong wolf. One day Olwen and her would not be around to drag Lumi out of her action's consequences! The girl was too smart and lighthearted for her own good, she needed discipline. Sighing the woman pushed forward with effort, only gaining on the girl when she stopped to peer around them.

"Lumi, we're not going to find him wondering around like this. We need to wait for his call, come on, let's go back to the den." The woman moved besides the girl to look down at her, gently tugging on her ear. January expected the child protesting, but her voice was stern. There had to be a way through the girl's thick skull. Jani tugged again at the girl, "Now, Lumi."
Inactive No Rank
Lumi Spitfire
The young Spitfire wasn't going to give in so easily to her cousin's words, no matter how bossy she sounded. The girl scrunched up her muzzle and stuck her tongue out mockingly. "And give up? That den is too small regardless...especially with your big butt." The girl teased harshly, sidestepping to avoid any reinforcement the woman would surely attempt. "I'm telling ya, I heard him." The girl was dead set in her path, eyes narrowing with seriousness. She meant business. "Jani If you're so worried, why don't you go back to the den? I'm sure once I find him in a few we'll come get ya...you know, since you're too old to hear properly anymore." The girl's smart mouth accompanied with a taunting wink. Truly Lumi meant no harm for she loved her dearest cousin, it was just a bit of family banter.

"Hey! Owe! Leave my ear be." The yearling complained, a paw coming up to push at Jani's shoulder. "I know what I'm doing, can you just trust me?" Of course not, it was Jani, and when Olwen was not there Jani knew best. Heck, sometimes she even mothered him! "Nu-uh, no way! I'm not going back even if you grovel and beg. "You can't make me." Lumi challenged, moving into a play bow before sprinting off a few yards and stopping.
Inactive No Rank
January Spitfire
Lumi really wasn't relenting this time, and she was pushing it. January sighed, contemplating snatching the child's maw between her jaws just to remind her who was the elder here. "That is no way to talk to someone, Lumi. You spoiled little..." The woman's voice trailed off, her statement finished under her own breath. If there was one wolf who understood pushing her buttons better than anyone, it was Lumi Spitfire. The little girl who thought she owned the world and it owed her something, whatever that was though, was beyond the aging wolf. The white and silver beast lifted her lips in warning, "I will not tolerate your tomfoolery, start acting your age and come here this instance."

"I hear just fine Lumi, it's you who should be concerned. You've gone nearly delusional with this winter...well, you were probably delusional before, but that is beside my point." The woman smirked, just because she was 'old' didn't mean she couldn't have a little fun. "As for my butt, thick isn't bad missy." She said with a wink followed by a low chuckle.

"And trust a baby to lead me to my fate? I don't think so. Now stop playing and lets-" Oh no, seriously? The white wolf should've seen it coming, but seriously? Would the girl ever calm? January could only hope she would mature within the next few short months. This was the reason she hated babysitting with a passion. She just knew Olwen would blame her if she didn't catch up to the girl soon. Jani grunted before springing into action after her kin.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lumi Spitfire
"And that's no name to call someone, whatever it is you said. Please tell me you washed your mouth out before talking to your mother with it." *Ha. Clever one Lumi* The artic wolf danced about her cousin in the snow, long legs willfully sending her forward in short burst when seen fit. "I don't have to listen to you when Olwen's not here, because he can't hear me ignoring you." Well that sounded dumb...The yearling snorted at herself before further instigating, "Yeah, I'm the crazy one, just you wait and see Jani. Just you wait and see! I'd know my brother's voice anywhere."

The girl grimaced, "Eww Janiiii!" She squealed with distaste. Leave it to her cousin to say something like that, of course. Lumi was of age and wise enough to understand when the older female was implying something. She knew her bird and the bees! The little Spitfire didn't have to Be Olwen's age to get that straight.

"I'm not a baby anymore!" The girl shouted with a sudden burst of speed, taking off to create a comfortable distance between them. "I'll see you later tater, I promise!" She shouted jokingly. Of course Lumi wasn't going to take off without her big Jani, an act like that would worry the woman to death. That's the last thing they needed and the last thing she wanted...-The yearling froze briefly, she could smell some sort of animal, but it didn't quite remind her of caribou. Intrigued the girl's mind seem to loose track of what was and wasn't important. Forgetting her cousin the girl took off to find the source of the smell with a new priority.
Inactive No Rank
January Spitfire
The older woman was not sure what to respond with, sighing deeply. Yearlings these days just didn't listen. Then again, did she herself at that age? January plodded along behind the girl, "Lumi I have had enough of this play. Olwen is going to be worried when he goes back for us and we're not there." Her voice was calm and serious.

Lumi's squeal brought a deep chuckle from the woman, but it was short lived as little Lumi sped off and away after an odd smell. "Lumi slow down!" She shouted picking the pace up, her stocky build not meant for the same as her cousin. She was much slower but could run for miles nonetheless. Huffing the woman pushed herself as fast as she could but the yearling slowly faded out of sight. *Darn it Jani!* She scolded herself imaging Olwen's response.
Inactive No Rank
Lumi Spitfire
The small long legged cream puff could hear her guardian's shouting fading away. Lumi dashed through the snow, headstrong and determined. She would turn back...yeah, she would turn back. She just needed to figure out what that smell was. That was all. Lumi's eyes were narrowed into slits, the cold wind nipping at her face. The deer's trail was tricky and hard to follow for the girl. They did things a little differently than the caribou, breaking apart at times them collapsing back into a group. The girl was sure whatever she was following was a small group of prey, not quite caribou sized, but still of decent size.
Inactive No Rank
January Spitfire
January could no longer see the girl, but her scent was there. It darted around more than the woman would've liked, but she had been tracking all her life. She may not be able to keep up with the child, but Lumi would stop eventually in search of shelter or company. Her little cousin wasn't a complete numbskull, but her carefree spirit was sure troublesome. Not to mention the girl was to social to want to be alone long at all. If Jani didn't get to her first, the yearling would find her or perhaps even Olwen.

Jani followed her nose, worry setting in as a cold breeze ruffled her fur. Would if she didn't catch up in time? The child was so small. How would other wolves react to her smart mouth?* She couldn't fight to save herself...* Or how would something so tiny stay warm during a night alone? She needed to hurry and knock some sense into the girl's head.
Inactive No Rank
Lumi Spitfire
The yearling had latched herself onto a distinct trail and set upon it without concern for anyone else. It wasn't like her actions truly affected them anyways. She'd be back before nightfall. Slowing down to a rough trot the girl attempted to conserve a little energy, hunger and weariness taking a toll on her normal fit self. She was used to the pampering of pack life; frequent meals, lots of warm bodies, and coddling. She was her mother's favorite after all, wasn't she? Focus Lumi... She thought to herself, paws leading her farther and farther away from her worried kin. She was much too fast of a wolf, her slender build meant for both speed and stamina.

LUMI EXIT