(See All?) Announcements
510 Users Online
Google, Hazelnut

this ship is sailing without me — Hearthwood River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hero who has 120 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Lavender Stark

Her features contorted as he spoke, announcing that he hadn’t actually met Aytigin before. But… they were brothers. That didn’t make sense. Her chin canted to the side, a frown cutting across her pale features as she eyed him cautiously. I mean, yeah, I can bring you t’him, she started with a dismissive shrug of her shoulders, her expression still grim, but how do y’know he’s y’brother if y’haven’t met him? What if he was lying to her because she was so kind and trusting? Her brows instantly snapped together as she observed the russet yearling, her chartreuse gaze narrowing. How do I know y’ain’t gonna hurt him? The ebony male was rather... careless with his words; it would not surprise the young Stark if he had enemies lurking around the Lore. She had to make sure this wolf was who he said he was, otherwise she wasn’t bringing him back to Driftwood to meet Aytigin. She wasn’t that dumb! 

Played by Ashfall who has 21 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rayza Delaney
- and just like that, she pressed the needle into his inflated hope and wheezed the air right out. His brow pinched - did she not trust him? If the change in her expression didn't say enough, her words spoke everything, and his mouth parted. She didn't trust him. Was she serious?

"No, I'm not going to hurt him," his words cut through a scoff, incredulous, and he searched for some explanation to convince her. But would his words even mean anything? If she already believed him to be something shady, what would words even do? Yet she demanded something, and he couldn't just turn away and be done with her. Not when he was so close to finding Aytigin, he could probably have sniffed him on her fur, if he'd ever known his scent.

Rayza flashed his tongue across his lips and tried to settle himself, but his words edged with ice. "Look, I didn't have the most traditional upbringing, alright? My dad flung around with... well I don't know how many girls, but probably a lot. So we don't have the same mom, and he didn't grow up with me. So he's my half-brother, okay, but I need to find him." He felt his throat constrict with a tightness he hadn't felt since leaving the gipsies. "Dad said I needed to - that he would - that I - " His voice pitched, desperate. Small. Ajay was right - and unless he found his brother, he would always be. "Look, he's the only one who can help me." She had to take him. "Please."
Played by Hero who has 120 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Lavender Stark
feel free to archive here or add on a fade! @Rayza if you like we can have another thread near DS :B

The russet male look positively offended at the thought of hurting his brother. Which meant Lavender had done her job. He seemed honest-ish, but the pale Stark girl was still a little wary. She didn’t just want to bring anyone home. It was possible that the yearling, despite looking as harmless as a fluffy bumble bee, could be a threat to the pack. That was the last thing she needed. She’d never hear the end of it from her sister…

Her chin tipped to the side as the boy began explaining himself and his unconventional upbringing. Something about his father flinging around? Huh? Her nose wrinkled at the words as the corners of her mouth twisted into a frown. Whatever it was it sounded gross. Especially since the yearling went on to say that they didn’t have the same mom. Double gross! But then the russet youth pleaded with her, claiming that his brother was the only one who could help him. Yeah, yeah, she mumbled in response as her tail flicked dismissively behind her. If y’haven’t seen André I’m assumin’ he ain’t here. So I suppose I can take you t’see Aytigin. She rolled her eyes before taking a step back in the direction she had come from. C’mon. She motioned over her shoulder with a sharp flick of her nose. It was time to head home. 

Played by Ashfall who has 21 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rayza Delaney
The look that crossed the pale girl's face constricted like a vine around his throat - not like he could blame her for looking at him like that, but her eyes, the disgust that seeped from them - he could only see Ajay's and the last look he'd snuffed him, and he hated her for it. His cheeks burned from the grovelling and his self-control felt shot, but Rayza managed to scrape up whatever honour he had left of himself to still his emotions before they took even more from him than they already had.

The girl soured in his sight; he wanted nothing more to do with her. But she was his key to Aytigin. Did he even have a choice? He'd already sunk to his lowest before her, and no doubt she would tell his brother of this - only fitting, that he would arrive the broken and messed up kid Ajay said he would always be. But his brother would find out sooner or later - and better he find out now, so Rayza could see if he was even worth the effort, or if he was no better than the sobbing scum Ajay proclaimed him to be.

He hardened his thoughts against the fear, though the anxiety gnawed as a sickening ache, and followed the girl without another word.

Fading here! @Lavender I'd love another thread near DS! Would you be okay with starting? (: