583 Users Online
Bing, Google

Brother wherefore art thou — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
3/3 Addy has returned and found her brother missing

The moon was high in the sky by the time the dark Archer made it back between the borders, tired but overall in a fairly good mood. She was happy to see her friend and see him well and even though her run-in with Lorcan had left her with a bitter taste in her mouth she decided to not let that dampen her mood. There were plenty of other things to be thankful for, such as that things around the Willows seemed to be much calmer. She had her father and brother still and everyone in her family was safe, even after Romanov had had that run in with the cat.

When the thought of her brother came to mind she thought to pay him a visit. He’d been even more secluded than before since the attack, wallowing in his new scars. She wished he would get out more, do more instead of being hulled up all the time. But as the saying went, you could lead a horse to water but you couldn’t make it drink. She headed to his den, a lively skip in her step. Oh, she was so going to pester him until he agreed to come on a walk with her. She arrived and with a big breath she poked her head in suddenly, Rom! she hollered with a wag of her tail and a mischievous smile on her lips. But, he wasn’t there? Hm, how strange. Maybe he was already out on a walk? He certainly was a night owl. So, the dark girl turned and went on a hunt for her littermate.

A few hours past and she’d done loops of the border, inside and out and he was nowhere to be found. His scent was almost completely gone, her heart thundered in her chest. Where was he? Where could he be? She discovered a trail that seemed to lead out to the rise and she followed after it at a run, panic rising in her with every footfall. Eventually, even that scent was washed away. She stood at the end, staring off in the direction that he had to have gone. Her heart beat slowed down until she felt...hollow. Slowly, she turned and meandered her way back to the den where her sibling had once resided.

Adeltra curled up on the floor, rubbed her nose at the bedding in an attempt to recall some of the scent. Perhaps feel some of his warmth, the warmth that had been with her since day one. The warmth that she had entered this world this. The warmth that belonged to her right hand man, her partner in crime, her one and only brother. She couldn’t feel it, it wasn’t there. A high, keening whine escaped her jaws as she tucked her head beneath her leg. She felt so cold.

Played by Switch who has 58 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lilith
though i'm empty when you go

There was an inkling something was amiss. But she could not pinpoint what it was despite her thoughtful searching. She was only certain it had nothing to do with her. She'd had another successful catch, and had made it home with no trouble. But it wasn't a thought that gave her much comfort. For one reason or another, she kept thinking about Adeltra and Romanov. If it was really intuition or the fact youths were more vulnerable who knew. But, she took her goose and quickly put it in a crude cache before setting out to see if she could get to the bottom of her uneasiness.

Following her nose, she soon found Adeltra's fresh scent and breathed out a small sigh of relief. There was a moment of hesitance. She could have just went to bed, and maybe she shouldn't be seeking her out. She was home after all and she must be all right. There was that tugging she couldn't ignore. A frown marred her face, as golden eyes searched the empty landscape for someone who wasn't there. Much as she'd like to speak with Sven or Ravenna instead she took her time following the child's trail.Lilith didn't need to go too far to realize she had gone to her brother's den. But, Romanov was not there with her. His scent was too old. Her dark ears flattened against her head, knowing noses did not lie. "Ade?" Softly she inquired, daring to poke her head in knowing what she was already gonna see.

i just wanted you to know
[Image: g3SYtUY.png]
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Her mind was racing a million miles a minute, yet at the same time everything felt foggy. She felt like she was looking at herself from afar, as if her body wasn’t her own yet she felt everything that it was feeling. And it hurt. Was he okay? Why had he left? Had something bad happened to him? There hadn’t been any sign of a struggle but that didn’t mean something hadn’t happened, right? Why...why would he just leave them? She couldn’t wrap her head around it. Her chest throbbed.

A rustling sound came from the front of the den, Lilith’s soft voice prodding gently and for a moment all the dark girl could do was lay there. She stayed like that, debating whether or not to even answer. Then, a quiet voice escaped her. He’s gone, was all she said, her voice lacking it’s characteristic excitement and luster.

This was all her fault, wasn’t it? Because she hadn’t stayed put and had wandered off Momma had left to look for her, which had made Daddy sick, which made Rom worry and which had probably led to him leaving. Was...was she the reason her family was falling apart? Even though she tried to hard everyday to make her mistakes right, it didn’t seem like it was working. Another whine escaped her.

[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lilith

Through the long draw of silence Lilith thought she best leave the girl be, but she spoke two words, and so the huntress entered the den. A sad "Hmm..." was the first single sound she managed. Her black mask thoughtful though likely hidden by shadow. Just like Adeltra's own dark face could not be so easily read. Lililth reclined to her haunches, keeping a slight distance to the mourning child. Still not wanting to push herself on her.  

She hadn't seen this coming. But, she'd definitely noticed how withdrawn the boy was. But why couldn't he at least told his sister good bye? Give her a reason instead of leaving her to make up her own. Had he meant to be so cruel? "Maybe he just needs some time. You two have had a lot to handle. A lot more than either of you should." She kept a gentleness to her voice, and didn't hide the sadness in it.  

"He should have told you," she faintly added.

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2018, 05:26 PM by Lilith.)
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Lilith kept her distance, and a part of Adeltra was glad for that. Glad that she didn’t have to feel the warmth because a part of her felt like she didn’t deserve it. The warmth should have been from her sibling, curled up at her side like they were meant to be. The way they had come into this world as. Yet, another part of her wanted the comfort of another body to wrap her up and remove the cold that was seeping into her body. She felt so lost.

The dark woman spoke, mentioning that maybe her brother needed some time. Adeltra understood needing time, but she couldn’t wrap her head around why he couldn’t find time and still be with them. She’d had to clear her headspace too, plenty of times, and when she’d needed to do that she’d just wander outside of the territory a little bit and have a sniff around. Maybe romp a little, do something else. Why did he have to go so far away?

Lilith mentioned that he should have told them and the dark Archer agreed. It might have lessened the blow. Or maybe she could have helped. The girl knew he’d been reclusive, but she hadn’t been aware that he’d been having that much trouble. If he’d just talked to her…something, maybe this could have been avoided. Or maybe she should have made more of an effort. She sighed, brows drawing together tightly.

Before you joined...I was gone for a couple months. Got lost in a big storm and couldn’t find my way back until some wolves up north found me and brought me home. Momma left to go look for me and hasn’t returned and Daddy got sick ‘cause he got real stressed. Rom kinda blamed me for it and...and I think that’s why he left. And I just...don’t know what to do now, she said, her voice quiet and subdued.

Inactive No Rank
Lilith

Silence may have been unsettling, but not to her. Not at a time like this. It seemed her presence was welcomed she eased down, beside her almost. For the girl's sake she wished her mother was here. But if that had been the case she doubted Roman would have left in the first place. Lilith would do what she could. Just like she always did.

Her eyes settled on the shadows, not quite where the young Archer lay but not once did her ears move as the girl's voice began to fill the den. When she had arrived she'd wondered why they hadn't a mother Lilith hadn't wanted to poke at it. Now she was hearing it all directly and did not take it lightly. It seemed the Archer believed it may be the reason her brother had gone. She didn't say her fault, but was probably guilty all the same. Lilith did not speak right away. She was still treading carefully. A heart already broken.

"It is a tough one. Pain is something we'd all rather get rid of. Even if it means putting it on someone else we love. I'm not sure you can do more than love him. Hope he sees it could have easily been he who was lost, and forgives you. Comes home."

Males and their thick skulls. Sometimes she could see why the Dell did what they did with them. What Lilith really wanted to do was to help Adeltra feel better. Or at least believe it would be better. "Tell you what, where I come from we would do a healing spell. One for him, and one for you. I could, but only if you would like." If you think it would help.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer

Lilith didn’t say anything for a moment, probably trying to gather her thoughts. Probably thinking it really was Addy’s fault. Probably thinking about leaving her right there in that cold, empty den like she deserved. But, her voice began to trickle into the silence and it was gentle and unacusing. Instead, it was reassuring. And true. There wasn’t anything Addy could do about it, not a damn thing, and even if he had left them she would always still love him. He could come back 5 years from that point and she would still love him. She would always be concerned for him, would always wonder if he was okay and what he was doing. And, for the time being, she would hurt. Eventually she would move past that hurt but in that moment she was swaddled in it.

Lilith suggested something called a healing spell and she lifted her head a bit, squinting at her in wonder. What does it do? she asked. She wanted to know what it was for before she agreed.

(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2018, 08:21 PM by Adeltra.)
Inactive No Rank
Lilith

Why the situation was hardly fixed. She liked to think it was the tiniest bit better. There wasn't a round of crying, and maybe the girl realized she really did care about her.

A wise one she inquired about it. Lilith was eager to fill her in. But she felt it must be done well. It must be done lightly. She did not think she'd be scoffed at by Adeltra or the rest of the pack. Yet she knew what it was to be careful. She knew how easily hard work could be spoiled. How others had such closed minds.

"The idea is to ask for comfort and clarity to be brought to you both by the Moon Mother. We did this for Sven." What better way to prove it wasn't bad? There was no harm to it.

Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Hahahaha I am so trash. Maybe we can wrap this up in two more posts?

She watched the woman idly, normally bright amber-yellow gaze now dull with pain. The ceremony promised comfort and clarity, both sounding appealing at that time. Yet, part of her doubted. What if this ‘Moon Mother’ saw her as unfit? What if she didn’t give her either of those things and left her to feel empty and bruised for the rest of her life? She didn’t know if she could take that. But, then again, who was to say that it wouldn’t help? So many things were unknown, but what did she really have to lose? Especially if Sven did it too. ”Okay...what do I have to do?” she asked quietly.