(See All?) Announcements
755 Users Online
Google, Bing

everything is doomed and nothing will be spared — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

Despite knowing what to expect from the season, it seemed things changed every year. She had fully expected to be on the Monadnock, Wraith by her side and them expecting another litter. More Kael children to run across the lowlands and meet the neighbors' kids. She had dreamed of a large family with the dark king. It was rather obvious that wasn't going to be happening now.

Her lips had pulled into a soft frown. The desire was there but she had to think of everyone now. What of Lorcan? Would the male find someone to feverishly sweep away again this year? The pale female strongly hoped that Cheedo and Lenae would not get swept away by the season, keep their wits about them. But should she expect more children than her own? If she had any that was.

Pale brows furrowed sharply. She could do as she pleased, mate or not mate. Couldn't she? There was nothing stopping her - no one ruling over her. She would do as she pleased and that was that.

[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

Lorcan believed himself to be more prepared this time. Last Spring he had run away from the monadnock to avoid the feverish howls and teasing scents of both Morganna and @Piety, only to be swept up into a whirlwind romance with @Inna. This year he was utterly determined not to screw things up. He refused to get caught up in it all and make a repeat of last year. The only female he was willing to even show an interest in was the one that he one day planned to lead beside — even then, Lorcan was unsure.

Piety might have asked him to lead beside her but they were still yet discuss some of the finer details. The agouti male was utterly clueless as to whether she was ready for, or even wanted, pups this year — or indeed, if she would wish to have pups with him. All the uncertainty made Lorcan anxious but unlike this time last year, he would not run away. Instead he had begun to play a delicate game of paying attention to Piety, but not too much. He would check up on her each night and morning, and let her know that he was around by occasionally marking his scent along her most recent trails through the woods — but for the most part he chose to stay distant and keep himself distracted like he was now, strolling between the trees...

(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2018, 02:00 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

She slunk between the trees, brushing her sides against the lanky trees. It was a delicate game. Any lone wolves would be able to detect her (along with the other females) but there was also Lorcan. Would he notice her fine markers that scattered through the woods and even finely lined the lower mountain side?

Slowly she rounded a tree, head level with her back but tail high over her back (a usual posture these days). Piety could have sworn she saw something lively and earthy lingering between trees. The scarred female would have thought it to be Lenae but there was no other perfume in the air. Not one akin to hers anyway.

A gentle rumbled forth from her. It was a message to the other that she had spotted them, even if it wasn't fully.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

Lorcan hadn't been paying as much attention as he should have been. Loping briskly through the tall trees which provided some shelter from the bitter chill of the Spring air, the male hadn't realised just how close he had come to Piety until he heard her quiet rumble. Ears pricking upwards in attention, Lorcan's golden eyes immediately began to scan the surrounding trees for her pale shape. Like Piety had him, Lorcan was quick to make out her fur against the backdrop of snow covered trees, and after hesitating for just a moment, began to advance towards her.

Head low in polite, somewhat submissive greeting — it was a habit the male was finding hard to shake — Lorcan moved calmly towards her with a friendly wave of his tail. Almost instantly her intoxicating scent found its way up his nose, which caused his nostrils to flare in want for more. The male licked anxiously at his charcoal lips as he internally tried to focus all of his attention on Piety and her body language, instead of what her scent told him.

Searching for her light brown gaze, Lorcan stopped short a few lengths from her side, a single fore paw hanging uneasily in the air. "Piety," He began, a soft smile tugging at the corners of his lips for a moment before his expression changed to something hinting at concern. "You doing okay?" He grit his jaws together, feeling a little awkward. It was obvious that she was coming into heat and past experience told him that hormones had a way of making females act a little crazy at times. He hoped that on this occasion he would be spared the crazy outburst. 

(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2018, 02:00 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

are you really as free as all

the great songs would have me believe?

Her good ear flicked softly as her name left his lips. Brown eyes watched him move closer with his head held low with politeness. At his question her tail gave a few waves, delicate but enough. "Of course." She hummed softly in response. The pale female would move forward and use her head to lift his - if he would allow it. "Hold yourself tall, even in my presence." Piety whispered as she took a step back again to admire him with hopes he'd follow the tip.

Brown eyes took in the tawny form of Lorcan. Handsome without a doubt and it wasn't just the season making her say that. The lean male had always been a bit of a looker. Perhaps it was just here in the silence of the woods that she could truly acknowledge it more than she had before.

There were a million questions tumbling about her mind, each one on the tip of her tongue. "What are you going to do this year? What do you want?" She asked in gentle tones, a brow raising slightly. The pale female had her own wants, needs and thoughts but she was interested in what was tumbling in the Artemieva's mind as well.

# C W T
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

Lorcan gave a relieved wave of his tail when Piety responded to say she was fine. He remained perfectly still as she moved to close the final distance between them, ears perking up as she spoke of his submissive posture. He did not fight her as she nudged his head upwards with her own, simply obliged. Lorcan felt his cheeks grow warm, feeling a little embarrassed that she felt the need to correct him — though he did not take offence. It was nice of her to encourage him to hold himself properly given their planned future partnership. Perhaps over time, with Piety's help, he would feel more confident about displaying his own dominance over others.

Rolling his shoulders back, he further adjusted his posture to match the higher tilt of his chin so that he now stood tall and proud in front of the female. "Sorry, is this better?" He asked quietly with a hopeful, slightly awkward, grin. Unlike Piety, Lorcan had only ever lived as a subordinate, so standing at his full height felt unnatural to him. The grin that he had pulled soon turned into a warm, more comfortable, smile as caught the female's brown eyes on him — though that quickly disappeared when Piety raised her own questions.

"Me? Uh," He stumbled, paws shifting uneasily in the snow. "Nothing, I mean, I definitely don't want a repeat of last Spring..." He tried to explain himself some more, panicking that he had just managed to turn her down before even finding out what she wanted. "I'm not going to go running off again, if that's what you mean." Lorcan couldn't help but feel he was now making a fool of himself. The male released a heavy sigh as his golden gaze left her face to look down at the ground. "I, I'd like — if I had the chance — to do things properly, you know?" Dark lashes fluttered as his gaze returned to Piety, a warm smile pulling at his lips. "Take a mate, raise a litter together..." He hinted, before suddenly feeling panicked again, scared that he might be overwhelming her. "But, I mean, I'm not in any kind of rush or anything, I just, think it would be nice..." He added quickly, before finally asking...

"What about you?"

(This post was last modified: Mar 04, 2018, 03:40 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro

are you really as free as all

the great songs would have me believe?

"Much." She replied in a pleased tone. He looked good like that and even if it wasn't a natural position to take she dearly wished for him to hold himself like that. Then again she had been accustomed to strong men - both good and bad. It was obvious she had a taste for those in charge.

A small chuckle escaped her. "I hope you wouldn't run off." She listened intently to everything else he had to say. It seemed they had plenty in common with their thoughts. While taking a mate had not exactly been at the forefront of her mind, it would be nice to have some sort of father figure along with children.

"Our wants and needs aren't far from each other." She hummed in response, moving forward to run along his side with the most gentle touch she could muster. "I want children." Her reply was solid and without hesitation. "It might be difficult but I hope to find a male. I don't need a mate but I want someone strong and reliable. Hopefully someone who might want to stick around." But she would not force any males into the position. She was doing this for herself and her own future. If one was willing it would certainly be ideal, though.

"Do you have someone in mind? I want you to be honest with me so we can make things work." Because if things got off the ground the right would be both of theirs. If he had his eyes on someone and wished to bring his own children into the group, she needed to know for the sake of her own possible children.

# C W T
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

Lorcan smiled, his cheeks blushing a bashful pink, as Piety complimented the confident stance he attempted to hold before her. Behind him his black-tipped tail swayed easily, though secretly it took a bit of effort to remain in the posture he had now taken up. The male made a mental note to practice it later on when he was alone — given time, Lorcan was certain it would begin to feel more natural and effortless.

Russet ears pricked up at Piety's laughter as she commented on him not running off this Spring. It was a relief that she could see the funny side now and that she no longer held his past actions against him. The male gave a small grin of his own and hummed softly, not quite able to laugh as openly as Piety had as he still felt a little awkward about the subject.

Lorcan was anxious to hear what Piety had to say in response to hearing his hopes and plans for the future. Whether she knew it then or not, it all really depending on her and what she wanted. With @Wraith only recently passed, Lorcan did not want to pressure Piety into anything. He had promised himself a fresh start with her — a chance to re-write his wrongs and do things the right way. If that meant missing out on pups this year, even with his promised leadership position, so be it.

Pale brows rose and his ears pricked up in surprise when Piety explained how similar their opinions were on the subject. What Lorcan found even more surprising was that she wished for more pups. The male felt a lump grow in his throat before he swallowed it down nervously, his eyes and ears trained onto Piety as she continued. When she mentioned that she wanted a male who was strong and reliable, Lorcan's ears flattened doubtfully. Did she consider him either of those things? Lorcan didn't perceive himself to be particularly strong, and if his past was anything to go by, he was not the most reliable wolf either. He had changed packs numerous times and walked away from the last female he had slept with, leaving his only daughter behind in the process — his stomach churned uncomfortably.

Hopefully someone who might want to stick around. Lorcan's ears pricked up again, suddenly more optimistic. He might not have been strong or reliable in the past, but he had always thought of @Piety and tried to be there for her when he could. He honestly believed that she was good for him. There was something about her that made him feel like he could be better, do better. He wouldn't have accepted the offer to lead if the question had come from anybody else. Lorcan had always imagined himself serving as a subordinate until the day he died — but with Piety, anything was possible.

Golden eyes flickered up to meet her light brown gaze as she asked him to be honest with her. Once again his ears fell back and he felt his sides expand as he nervously breathed in a lungful of crisp air. "If I'm being honest, the only woman I can imagine myself starting a family with is you." A single fang tugged gently at his lower lip then as he worked hard to hold her gaze. She had every right to turn him down, but that wouldn't change the way he felt about her — how he'd always felt about her, no matter how many times he'd tried to deny it.

~ Fade ~

(This post was last modified: Mar 29, 2018, 05:50 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N