(See All?) Announcements
640 Users Online
Google, Bing

Out with the old — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

It had taken some doing but Oksana had made it to the river where she now laid on her side listening to the water. Her leg still hurt really bad even though it had been a week since she'd fallen off the ledge. She just couldn't stay in the medical den any longer and needed to get out for some fresh air. She'd limped all the way to the river keeping her paw from touching the ground the best she could. All she wanted to do was rest and listen to the water as it passed by her.

To say she felt stupid for trying to find her mum was an understatement. She should have known better especially after what Ana has told her Inna had said. She knew she needed to give up in ever seeing her parents again. Do what Ana had said she should do and get on with her life. Be her own woman and make a place for herself in the surge instead of constantly hoping her mother and father would ever come back.

A small sigh caused her chest to rise and fall with it before she sat up on her haunches. Looking out across the water she felt that maybe her trip into the mountain and the time spent on the ledge waiting for help had been something she needed. It's a new day, she said to the water that had become like an old friend, It's time I had my fresh start too.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Hero who has 217 posts.
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
I hope you don't mind Rory :D

Chasing fools gold

So far so good. She had managed to make it a few days without an awkward encounter and had even managed to avoid a few interactions simply because she wasn't quite ready. When she would be ready was a question left to be answered and she had started the habit of waking up in the wee hours of the morning only to return back to her makeshift den when the sun was returning to its resting phase allowing her to avoid unnecessary conversation. Today though, she felt inclined to push herself and she did just that, pushing herself from the warmth of her den and into what remained of winter in search of anyone with a scent similar to hers to interact with. It wouldn't take long--it usually didn't-- and she found company in the form of a dark pup sitting silently near a bank of water.

She approached Oksana quietly, not wanting to frighten her and only when she was within speaking reach, she spoke to the youth with a voice laced in concern and sympathy. "Are you okay?" she wondered, settling to her haunches in wait for the pumpkin eyed youth to respond. Usually she found adults seeking solitude near the water, it seemed that the rippling effect calmed their constantly challenged mind so seeing someone so young sitting alone, deep in thought, confused her deeply. Little did she know that Oksana had been through more trauma than some wolves much older and wiser--and was functioning fairly well despite it.

Ashbash 2016 - Ian Schneider 
(This post was last modified: Mar 07, 2018, 05:06 AM by Rory.)
Graphics by Arya and Becuffin!

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

It had not been an easy decision to come to for Oksana but she saw now as she favored an injured leg the danger of trying to fix what was so broken. She had to accept that her family was gone and she would probably never see them again. She lived in the surge under Lilya and Lachesis rules though she couldn't help but question them or rather the fact that some had to follow and some did not. She had taken notice and it bothered her but what could she do about it? She had to give up her girlish dreams of getting her family back. She would be a year soon, it was time she moved on and made her own life. Became her own wolf and put her past behind her. This is what she conveyed to the river as she saw it as an old friend that listened quite well.

She'd not heard the approach of the stranger as she found comfort in the sound of the moving water. Turning her head when the woman spoke she took her appearance in. I will be, she admitted offering a small smile. I'm sorry we haven't met I've been a little unavailable. She supposed that was the best way to put it. I'm Sana. Your new to the surge? The crow had considered changing her name completely to rid herself of her past but she didn't see the point. Too many wolves knew who she was and who her parents were. She was just Sana now and that would have to do as she made her new path in the world.

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
wishing on a star

Oksana wasted no time in responding and to her words the pale female gave a smile that she hoped would lighten the mood of this encounter  and perhaps cheer the pup up at the same time. She felt her tail sway lightly behind her when Oksana responded, assuring her that she was okay despite the signs that said otherwise--Rory knew that there was something wrong, very wrong. "It's quite alright," she admitted, dipping her head and continuing, "I'm Rory, nice to meet you Sana." she dipped her narrow head, lifting it and coming closer to the woman when she asked if she was new to the Surge. "I've been here a week tops. What do you like to do for fun?" she asked, remembering what Lachesis had said of the puppies in this pack, they were very outspoken and welcoming but Sana so far seemed much too preoccupied in her thoughts to show otherwise--perhaps there was a lot on her mind.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

She may not be alright in that moment after all her leg was throbbing and she'd made a difficult decision but in time. Soon enough her leg would be better and she could get back to doing everything she had before. Oksana smiled at the woman as she excused her for not having met her before. It's nice to meet you too, she said her tail wagging behind her. The little Crow always did like meeting new wolves. That's not long at all. I hope you like it here so far. The surge is really nice. She then asked what Oksana liked to do for fun. Exploring and Reid and I sometimes play tag, a smile crossed her face as she spoke. Then her eyes widened, And sunbathing, this last part was said quietly, But that's between you and me. She then giggled a little, What about you? What do you like to do for fun?

Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
The excited sway of her tail mimicked her company, her ears pressing against her skull as she listened to the answers to her questions. There was no doubt in her mind that joining the Surge was a great idea, so far she had met Oksana and her familiarity of Lachesis was enough to keep her motivated to meet many others, especially since he'd encouraged her that they were all friendly and welcoming and she believed him. She had no other choice. She nodded her head in response to her words, before finally speaking. "Yes, of course. I like it here tremendously." she smiled, her ears standing erect now, taking in Oksana's words with genuine interest. She mentioned what she enjoyed to do and for a moment Rory felt her heart swell with excitement at mention of playing tag and sunbathing, even enjoying the company of a wolf named Reid. She hadn't met him yet but she was happy that she had a well respected friend in the pack--little did she know @Reid had been the very wolf to help take the life of her own best friend. "Those sound like fun, I enjoyed tag a time or two at your age." although she barely remembered it, "and don't worry, your secret is safe with me." she said with a wink. The question had been turned on her and for a moment she found herself contemplating and then the activity came to life like a lightbulb. " I like to travel, and swimming. Oh and make wolf angels when the snow is deep enough," she said, leaning closer to Oksana and whispered, "but that's just between you and I." she said with a wink. 

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

The crow always had liked meeting new wolves and now was no different. She had been spending a lot of time in the medical den because of her leg which caused her to miss somethings. Rory joining the pack was one of those things and for the slightest moment she was disappointed that she had but she was meeting her now so that made it better. She smiled when Rory said she liked it in the surge and she had used the word tremendously. I'm glad, there's lots of places to explore but I think this is my favorite place that I've found so far, she admitted. Next to the river would probably always be her favorite place, it was peaceful and she rather enjoyed napping to the sounds of the water. She spoke of the things that she liked to to do, tag with Reid and sun bathing. They are very much maybe you can come exploring with me or we can play tag after my leg gets better? She would love to go exploring with the older woman. Her smile widened when Rory said her secret was safe with her, Thank you. Oksana's eyes lit up as Rory told he the things that she liked to do. What places have you been? I want to travel some too but I'm not sure Lachesis will let me after what happened last time, the last part was said as a jest. The part about wolf angels in the snow was intriguing for Oksana, Can you teach me to make wolf angels? I haven't ever seen one and don't worry your secret is safe with me too, she assured. She rather liked Rory, she seemed like a really fun lady.

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2018, 04:14 PM by Oksana.)
Inactive IV. Subordinate
Aurora Thanne
Rory Thanne

She could sense that Oksana had warmed up to her some and was glad, it made the interaction a lot less intimidating and for a moment Rory too could feel the tension release from her, even in the way her shoulders had finally relaxed. Her eyes, always warm and sunny in color, stared at the young woman as a another smile came so easily to her lips, happy that the young woman would provide her with information so easily. "I've been all over, but I think you're right Oksana, this place is by far my favorite too. And of course I'd like to do both of those with you, once you're better of course." she said, her ears fell flat on her skull. She looked at the young girls leg, her lips twisted into a look that sympathized with her pain before she spoke again, "What happened to your leg?" she asked, cocking her head to the side.

She was happy to have shared this information with her, the fact that she had wandered the Lore all over, especially since Rory was not the easiest to convince to settle down in one place, her paws had been all over and were well worn but this land felt different and rewarding a place she intended to remain for a very long time. She perked her ears at mention of Lachesis, a very good friend of hers and and she couldn't help but chuckle, Lachesis definitely wouldn't want Rory suggesting that Oksana travel more, the young girl probably wouldn't come back. " You think Lachesis would worry that you wouldn't come back or something?" she blurted out, wondering if perhaps the girl had a spirit about her that she had yet to show her. At the mention of snow angels Rory found her smile had returned, and very boldly as she leaned over to nudge the girl and add on a wink before saying, "of course, it'll be our little secret then."

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

As they continued to speak Oksana found that Rory was rather easy to talk to and she wondered if she might have found another friend in the woman. It was sad that she couldn't be with her mum but as time passed in the draw she was starting to see that she wasn't alone. She had Reid, he would always be there and Lavender. Sometimes it felt like she was making a new friend every day and now she'd found Rory and Ana. She smiled when the woman spoke about it being her favorite place too. The surge wouldn't be home without the river, she commented. Her eyes went to the woman. As she spoke of playing tag and exploring with her. Great! It will be so much fun I'm sure of it. She was excited to have a new friend to do those things with. It would have to wait though cause of her leg which Rory asked about next. I was in the mountains and lost my footing and fell off a ledge and broke it, she explained.

The idea of doing some traveling definitely piqued her interest. She'd been to the Lowlands but not really much further. She wondered if she spoke with Lachesis about it what he would think. Her comment about him not letting her go was cause what happened to her leg but Rory said something that caused he to think. I don't know he might be worried I won't come back. He doesn't have to, I've made up my mind. Driftwood is my home and I want to make my life here. He might however be worried I'll fall off another ledge. A small smile lifted the corner of her lip as she said the last part. Oksana was very interested in these snow angels, she wanted to learn to make them. As Rory leaned over and nudged her saying she would and that it would be their secret Oksana reached out and touched her nose to the woman's cheek. I'm glad you came to Driftwood, she told her.