Juniper, Bing, Google, Oleander, Apollo

twenty years for nothing, well that's nothing new — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 42 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wendigo
March 7th
It's cold out
for @Greer and @Revon and any spectators?

They had almost made it now and the closer they got the more Wendigo wanted to turn around. He should just let Revon go on alone, she could get there the rest of the way herself and he will have fulfilled his promise. Puffing out his cheeks he released all the air that they were holding, watching the steam rise into the sky as his paws slowed. It would only be an hour or two she would have to walk alone and that should give him enough time to high tail it down the mountain and out of here.

he hoped.

Looking at the small firefox he felt some kind of emotion that he couldn’t quite put into words. A strange mixture of sadness and guilt; it was remorse. But that was something he had perhaps never felt before and he certainly didn’t like it. Instead he painted himself up with a smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes and he declared, ”Well, you’re almost home now so I had better get going now…” Then he turned away quickly so he wouldn’t have to see Revon’s face, ”....and, I’m sorry.” He said it and he meant it but he couldn’t say it to her face, that would be too far.

(This post was last modified: Mar 26, 2018, 03:58 PM by Wendigo.)
I have adoptables! pm Ghost for details.
Played by Arla who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer

As the terrain shifted from forest floor to mountain Revon felt a new surge of energy; excitement. It had been weeks—months?!—since she had last felt the rough ground beneath her paws. A small smile pulled at her lips as her movements became quicker, her long legs maneuvering with easy over the rugged terrain. She glanced over at the dark yearling, her fiery gaze narrowing softly. Revon was surprised that the youth had kept his promise and returned her to the mountain without a fight. She almost felt sorry for him. It had been his sister that had lured her off the mountain and started this whole mess. The boy was just along for the ride, doing as he was told. Or, at least, that’s what she assumed. Maybe he only had a change of heart because he had gotten caught.

It didn’t matter. She was home. No more branches looming overhead; she could actually see the sky without having to find a clearing or patch of forest where the trees didn’t grow Her ears twitched as he spoke, her pointed maw turning to him. She shrugged at his apology, Whatever, before offering him a crooked smile. Get goin’, quick. I’m sure they have patrols goin’ out; they probably already know I’m ‘ere. She still didn’t really like him, but she didn’t want him to run into one of her parents. Especially her mother. 

Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

He’d been gone too long. Searching, following stale trails, and meandering through the forests of the southern eden. Somehow his daughter—and the loner—had slipped out from underneath his sister’s eyes. But not only hers—a pack full of eyes. His teeth gritted at the thought. Clearly the wolf who had accompanied his daughter wasn’t one of his own; why hadn’t he, and his daughter, been watched more closely? Morganna had the numbers for it. She could have spared a wolf or two. But, he also blamed himself. For not getting there quicker. For not thinking of paying his sister a visit when all of the shit went down. She, too, would have doubted the Ridge’s involvement. Despite the bad blood between him and some of his family members, Greer knew they would never kidnap his daughter. But tensions had already been high between them. Venomous words exchanged. This was his and Kyna’s daughter; their first-born. They had been acting on instinct. Impulse. There hadn’t been time for rationality.

With tired legs Greer dragged him up the mountain, his shoulders sagging as he walked. He had not wanted to return—not without Revon at his side. The shadow could only imagine how his mate was feeling, especially with her heat now settling in. He’d been gone, for nearly a month, looking, and was now returning empty-pawed. A frown creased his dark features at the thought, his tail lashing out behind him.

However, as the thought entered his mind a familiar scent reached him, nearly causing him to stumble over his own paws. Wait. Had she... had she found her way home? He sniffed again, his nose lifting to the cold air as he attempted to locate her. It was fresh, but she wasn’t alone. Fumbling over his long legs the shadow sprinted forward, nearly face-planting more times than he’d care to admit as he made a bee-line for his daughter.

His nose had been right. She wasn’t alone. A dark loner accompanied her, but it was no stranger. It was the yearling who had called for him and his wife. Told them that someone matching Sven’s appearance had been seen with his daughter. His lips curled back to reveal rows of ivory teeth, his nose wrinkled as a deep growl escaped him. It had never been Sven—it had been him. Why hadn’t he and his wife seen it sooner? He glanced over at the firefox before taking a step forward, closer to the dark male, his tail arched high over his back and hackles raised.  

[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Inactive Deceased
Wendigo

Wendigo returned Revon’s crooked grin as once more she told him whatever. It seemed like that was her favourite word and he couldn’t count how many times she had told him that over the last couple of weeks, he couldn’t imagine how much her parents heard it. Speaking of, she brought up that they probably already knew that they were nearby and at that his grin faded. Instead, he knocked more seriously towards her before he turned, ready to take off and be gone. She wouldn’t see him again and everything would be behind them.

Truthfully, she would probably not see him again, unfortunately nobody else probably would either. Because when he turned he had only gotten a few steps away when his orange eyes met the hackle raised silhouette of what could presumably only be a member of Revon’s pack. Even worse, Wendigo knew who it was as he had already given him one of his acts; it was Revon’s father.

Dark ears pressed back against his skull and the large frame shrank in an attempt to look smaller. He took a few tentative side steps away from the child, distancing himself to show he wasn’t a threat. He wanted to open his mouth to speak but wasn’t sure what to say. Shit.

Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer

She almost liked him. In a complete platonic, friendly sort of way (because feelings were gross, duh!). He’d kept his word and returned her to the mountain. That had to make up for something… right? But she didn’t know if that would go over well with her parents. Even if she tried to explain that the dark yearling had nothing to do with her pup-napping Revon doubted that they would listen. They would react first, with tooth and claw, and ask questions after. Which was why the boy needed to get a move on—and quickly! The scarlet Archer went to give him a sharp nudge to his shoulder when a familiar scent washed over her.

A wide smile broke across her russet features as she stepped forward, toward the shadow and away from the yearling.

Dad!

For a moment she forgot that the ashen yearling was behind her as she took another step forward, closer to the shadow. I’m so s-sorry! She sputtered, her ears flattening against the back of her skull as the words tumbled frantically off the tip of her tongue. I-I got turned around. C-couldn’t find my way back. It was sort of the truth? Close enough. And he— she flung her nose in the direction of her fiery-eyed companion —helped me find my way back.

Little did she know that her current travelling partner had already encountered her father once before and fed him a whole bucket of lies.

I’m okay, I swear. She beamed at him in hopes of smoothing things over, as her father’s shadowy frame looked poised and ready to leap at a certain charcoal skeleton… 

(This post was last modified: Mar 13, 2018, 07:10 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

Dad!

The word had snapped him out of his trance, causing his silver gaze to fall onto his scarlet daughter, His expression immediately softened as he stepped closer to her, ignoring the dark yearling for the time being. She was really here—alive and well. After weeks of scouring the forests below she had come home, as though nothing had happened. His shoulders remained stiff, gangly legs ready to sprint into action if the loner made a wrong move, but a small smile had worked its way onto his dark, stoic features.

She spoke quickly, an apology catapulting off her tongue first. He dismissed it with a quick shake of her head—it wasn’t her that needed to apologize. It was the dark yearling that accompanied her, as Greer was positive that he had something to do with it. Especially since it appeared he had planned on slinking off before the Archer had arrived on scene. But Revon claimed that the yearling had helped her; brought her back to the mountain. The shadow scoffed at her words, his upper lip curling into a silent snarl. He did not doubt that the yearling had been involved in her absence. Pitting the blame on Sven and the Ridge wolves—but why?

I’m okay, I swear. She looked it. That’s all that mattered. Mostly.

He turned to the yearling once more, taking another step closer. Truth? He hissed, his silver pools narrowing into slits as a low growl hummed in the back of his throat. 

Inactive Deceased
Wendigo

Giving the truth as the dark alpha had requested was a risky option. It could help him out maybe but hinder him probably and Wendigo wasn’t sure that he was ready to play the odds. Revon had lied for him, but she didn’t know this wasn’t the first time that he had met her father and that fact alone would probably put the nail in his coffin. In short, the yearling knew exactly how fucked he was here.

Taking another step away from the pup, an awkward side shuffle he tried to press his ears even farther to his head if that was possible. In situations like these his large size was a nuisance, it was hard to look non-threatening when you’re a beast of a wolf. Suddenly the attention was turned back on him and a low whimper slid from his throat in response to the growl. The truth. The truth, how the fuck was he supposed to tell the truth? Did he really have another option? The truth it was then, ”My sister took her. Then Revon’s aunt found us but while we were waiting for your scout I told her I would bring her back.” That was a shortened version of the truth but there it was.

Should he keep talking? Wendigo wasn’t sure, ”I swear that’s it, we didn’t hurt her and I brought her straight back from the Lagoon.” But would that be enough?”

Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer

Her father looked pissed, as expected, but she had never seen him like this. Angry. Oddly it suited the tall, sinewy shadow. As though the anger had always been there, buried beneath his usual calm exterior; it just needed an excuse to escape. But she didn’t want her father to rip the yearling’s throat out. Sure, he’d prevented her from coming home and been an accomplice to his sister, B U T he’d also gotten her home. As promised. Maybe that didn’t rectify all of his wrongs, but it had to mean something…

Tangerine pools flitted back to the yearling as he responded, hastily, to her father’s question—no, demand. It wasn’t the whole truth but it was good enough. It had to be good enough. The troubled yearling wasn’t all bad—how could she make her father understand that? Wendigo spoke once more, assuring Greer that nothing else had happened. This caused her gaze to return to her father, brows narrowed with concern. It’s the truth, dad, she hummed softly as she took another cautious step forward, her russet sonars falling flat. He wasn’t the one that took me. He helped me home. Honest.

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
greer's attempting to bite wendi's muzzle & shove him away to teach him a lesson, maybe draw some blood~ up to you

My sister took her. But where was the sister now? Dead? Alive? Still searching for Revon? His nose twitched with uncertainty. The shadow did not know if he believed the dark yearling despite his daughter’s pleading gaze. This wolf had lied to both him and his mate. Told them that Sven had something to do with their daughter’s disappearance. Started a feud between the packs and caused an alliance to disintegrate. It would have happened eventually, Greer knew that, but it could have gone more smoothly. His tail lashed out behind him, his super lip still curled in frustration.

… I told her I would bring her back. That earned a growl from the ebony Archer. His sister had known nothing of their departure. No, he seethed between his teeth, nose wrinkling as saliva dripped from his jowls. Greer went. Morg said left. Gone. No word. Another loud growl rumbled from deep within his chest. The loner may have returned the girl back to the mountain but he had lied twice to the alpha. Why should he believe anything the loner had to say? It’s the truth, dad. But was it the truth?

He stalked forward, his hackles raised high along with his dark plume. Go, he hissed as he reached for the yearling’s jaws, hoping to teach the young wolf a lesson before he scampered back down the mountain. The stranger, while he had played a part in Revon’s disappearance, had brought her back. That was enough for Greer not to kill him, even though he really wanted to. But he wouldn't do that to his daughter. For whatever reason she was defending him; he would not kill the yearling in front of her. Perhaps, if he saw the youth on his own away from the mountain Greer would strike him down, but not today.

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity