(See All?) Announcements
720 Users Online
Google, Bing

Just another hunt! — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
This is an All Welcome hunting thread. If you are not interested in hunting please do not post here. Thank you. Thoughts. Speech. @Lachesis and @Rory here it is. @Lachesis would you mid giving a "Hunt Opportunity"?

Alvar raced through the forest, determined to find something to bring to the pack. He had never felt so excited in his life, the thought of finally joining a pack was so amazing that he could not describe it if he wanted to. Lachesis was a little bit grumpy but that was far more than warranted, he was going to take some convincing before Alvar could gain his trust. "I could stand to go on a hunt anyway." He chuckled slightly. This was going to be one of the best days of his life.

After he had run for a while he came to a vast expanse of water, from what he had learned from Rory this should be Windsong Fjord. "This will work just fine for a hunt. Water for fish and small creatures who like to den up in burrows, trees for larger land animals that would work great as prey, and plenty of space for things like Geese and swans to fly around while always having a landing spot available." He quickly ran through a list of prey animals he could hunt on his own. "Geese, Ducks, Pheasants... Martens, Lemmings, Marmots, Rabbits... Char, Burbot, Catfish... (sigh) This would be a lot easier if I had a partner." And with that he started sniffing around...
(This post was last modified: Mar 10, 2018, 10:14 PM by Alvar.)
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Ghostpaw who has 92 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva

Aurek was practically moving in massive circles now, moving up and down across the Relic lore as he searched for his uncle, Lorcan. It felt like he found everyone and everything but his dear uncle and truth be told, this was starting to get frustrating. Duska had also disappeared outside his radar, but this was not massive loss for him. He loved his sister, but holy balls she really had to do something for herself for once. Aurek could feel strange satisfaction as he thought how his dear sister might suffer, having get off her fatass and hunt for herself for once. Speaking of hunting, Aurek really had to find something to eat himself, hunger starting to creep into his thoughts.

The territory was new and Aurek had no idea what he could try to catch here. He really did not posses large skillset when it came to hunting and while he was excellent - at least by his own definition - at hunting Hares, anything else was still new and strange to him. And so he wandered forth, not forgetting to admire the sights. The pale boy could understand why Lorcan chose a life of an adventurer. The world was so vast and so beautiful...

(This post was last modified: Mar 14, 2018, 01:07 AM by Aurek.)
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
@Aurek and @Lachesis here you go! Can we have a hunt opportunity please? Thoughts. Speech.

The trails were mixed with many different scents, some new, some old. But one thing was certain, they were all prey. This was strange, especially considering the fact that this was prime hunting ground, he couldn't even scent a common coyote. The wind blew a chill through him, echoing the last whisperings of winter. "I'm in no hurry for the cold to come back." He smiled brightly. Breathing deeply as he felt through his exhilaration. He was finally given a chance at a pack! This was amazing for him, since he seemed to have had bad luck with packs in the past.

But that was well... past. He knew @Rory would vouch for him. She had to, and why wouldn't she? Thinking back, he started to growl, anger nipping at him like a flea that went without food for too long. "She left me! Just... out there she left me! When I bring home a kill she'll wish she had brought me there sooner! Even if only to have given herself more praise!" He kept moving forward, head low to the ground, sniffing for anything fresh.

After a few short moments he caught 2 scents, Hoary Marmot and Wolf. Looking up he saw the wolf, male by the scent. Looking closer he saw that the wolf was rather slight, and bore a bit of a resemblance to Rory in fur color. After a short moment, Alvar called out... "Hey you! What's your name?" He might be able to have a hunting partner after all.
Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva

Aurek had been pretty occupied with enjoying the sights, enough not to notice there was stranger approaching him. He jolted when someone called his name, taking few steps to the side before he managed to gather what had just called him. A curious looking fella had just asked for his name and Aurek just stood there an idiot, staring at the other man for a while before opening his mouth. "Me?" -He questioned with a long pause before offering his name.

"Why, I am Aurek, Atermieva if family names are important. Just.. chilling here.. in the cold. Sup sup.. yup yup." -He continued, clearly not knowing how to end sentence proper. The pale boy was just a little bit stunned, being caught by surprise like this and he outright did not know how to present himself. But wait a second. He had just given out his name for free, what about the stranger? "... and your name is?"

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Sooooo... He's sort of awkward. XD, Alvar is going to have a field day with this! Thoughts. Speech.

The young man stood patiently as he waited for a reply to his question, it was a simple one, what was the cream colored one's name? When the answer finally came, it came with a sort of pseudo-confident tone, like he was afraid to even speak to Alvar. After a few seconds the stranger known as Aurek then asked Alvar what his name was. Looking at Aurek with a clear sense of being able to scare this wolf if need be, Alvar decided to wait a second, this could be a trap, he could be waiting for Alvar to trust him and then try to catch him off guard. So Alvar waited, sizing the other up and finding the most effective way to fight if need be.

When he was satisfied that he was capable of handling the situation he Stated his name in a friendly manner. "I am Alvar, Alvar Forsberg. I do not wish to harm you. I was just passing through to find somewhere to hunt." He thought for a second and decided that perhaps it would be a good idea to pose the query to Aurek about hunting with him. So he held himself in a relaxed pose, keen to make sure that this wolf trusted him, and stated... "I was hoping to hunt some of the marmots just over there, care to help me? Or would you prefer to hunt alone and struggle with small things like rabbit?"
Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva

Well, this stranger was quite straightforward, already suggesting joint venture together to hunt some... what was it? "What's marmelot?" -Aurek asked, having never even heard of such things. Yes, he was somewhat hungry, but even one hare was perfectly fine for him as a meal and he was quite sufficient at catching them. This marmelot thing better taste pretty good if Aurek was to bother hunting them. If the stranger needed help - Aurek reasoned - this marmelot had to be something larger than hares.

Before he'd make any decisions he would really know little more about the risks involved. Aurek turned to face the strange male, not in provokative manner or to challenge him but to just show he had the boy's attention, but also that Aurek did not entirely buy into his suggestion. The young man's body language remained respectful enough and he was sure to keep his voice low and non threatening as he asked further. "... is it hard? Dangerous? If you need help they must be pretty big are they?"

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
He is going to love dishing this one out! XD Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar's eyes widened as Aurek asked him what a "Marmelot" was. He stood for a second, aghast at the fact that despite this wolf being rather healthy looking, he did not know about one of the most common types of mountain prey. So in a calm voice he said... "A marmot is a relatively small critter that looks like a woodchuck." He stopped and let Aurek respond and after waiting for his response it finally came, in the form of another question and a skeptical stance. And after hearing the second question Alvar waited and thought to himself... "This dude really is clueless. Well then I might as well fill him in."

He waited for a second and made sure to look surprised about Aurek's lack of knowledge, but not threatening. And gave his reply to the question. "I know that it will be easier with 2 to hunt them, they are not dangerous and as far as size goes... they are about the length of a tail and twice as thick. And with that he stopped the conversation for a moment, giving himself enough time to check the sounds of the marmots, they sounded like there were about 8-12 in the colony, relatively low numbers, but more than plenty to hunt. He made his last statement in order for Aurek to come to a decision... "So what do you think? Are you in or out?" And gave him a non-threatening but meaningful look.
Inactive No Rank
Aurek Artemieva

Aurek still could not picture what Marmelot... Marmort might be like but he imagined just a fatass squirrel of sorts. He could propably hunt that, although hares were his favorite type of food - and he was quite good at catching them. Of course, it did not hurt to expand his skillset when it came to hunting and Aurek thought - just for the sake of curiosity if not else, he would see what these mamots were and if their taste would be worth it..

Of course, the boy would not let himself be fooled into something stupid - and he would make sure he had his fair share. "huumm... alright, but I want equal share. Sixty sixty or something like that... no less." -He haggled, going for what he thought was pretty good share. Of course, He did not fully understand higher numbers - being wolf - but as long as the numbers were equal on both sides, it had to be fair. "Deal?"

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Thoughts. Speech.

He waited as Aurek seemed to ponder his response, during this time Alvar took it upon himself to devise a plan for how to take out a few marmots. He would need... 'assuming that Aurek accepted' ...to have Aurek hide near a hole to the marmot's burrows, and then chase them into his jaws. Or he could wait and try to lure one away and take it out without the rest knowing. That seemed more difficult, but more promising. He continued to strategize the hunt.

Before long Aurek gave his answer, He would accept. Alvar gave a sigh of relief. "Well then, fair it is, thank you. Shall we begin? He then took his time and explained the two possibilities of how to hunt the marmots. And then called Aurek to his side, saying... "We can work on the rest on the way there." and started walking towards the marmot burrows.