(See All?) Announcements
630 Users Online
Bing, Google, Jethro

he’s not mine but he might as well be [m] — Fireweed Rise 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley

These women smells were getting stronger and stronger by the day, and normally it wouldn’t have bothered Kip in the slightest... but these smells were getting stronger on Odin’s fur. Now, Kip had hardly had anything in her life that she could possibly even consider her own, but after being with Odin for so long... well, she had thought that they had something special. She knew her scent hadn’t changed like everyone else’s did, but why did that matter to him? It didn’t seem to when he came back and cuddled up to her at night.

Those smells on him were starting to make her sick.

Of course she trusted him, but she had seen how crazy male wolves got around equally-crazy female wolves up on the mountains. It had been wild, to say the least, and Kip wasn’t sure she was capable of dealing with Odin breeding with a female and actually starting a family.

What if he liked her better?

The thought caused her fur to bristle up with hurt and confusion and anger, all mixed up into one. She couldn’t stand it. The thought of the one wolf she had ever loved in all of her life...

Loved?

Yeah, that made sense. It wasn’t something she was willing to say yet, but she was willing to show it. By following him down from the Monadnock. By backing him up in front of Sven. By spending every fucking night with him for the past half a year... she wouldn’t do that with someone she didn’t love. Because Odin was awesome and he deserved her love, of all wolves in the universe.

But did she deserve his...?

A sigh escaped her lips. ”What if I’m not good enough...?”
(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2018, 06:46 AM by Kip.)
Played by becuffin who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
if you're a lover you should know the lonley moments just get lonlier
Odin Archer

Odin hadn't been thinking, not like he should have been. The women he had run into had all been a big part of his life, some since he had been born. He was a simple creature and hadn't stopped to think how the scents on his fur might be interpreted, his own musk becoming more pungent as the month progressed too. He always made sure that Kip smelled of him the most, and the fact that she didn't smell as alluring as the others didn't stop him from coming back to her at the end of the day to make sure that nobody had bothered here while he had been gone.

He missed her sighed question but it was obvious that something was up so when he unceremoniously closed the distance between them, aiming a shove at her chest with an aim to tip her over so he could rub his throat along her shoulder he left himself completely unguarded to any retaliation she might have.

[Image: sigodincheeb_by_becuffin-dahhpv8.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Kip hadn’t really been expecting to be so rudely bowled over right in the middle of her contemplation, and she was not at all happy about it. In fact, it both pissed her off and absolutely devastated her, because there was another female’s scent on his fur, and she couldn’t stand it anymore.

The smaller wolf twisted to get out from underneath her gigantic companion, ears flat and fur bristling with anger that didn’t quite mask the hurt in her expression. ”Don’t fucking touch me!” she snapped, her tail lashing in fury but her voice wobbling with emotion. ”I’m not something for you to play with like that! Especially not when you smell so disgusting!” Her voice caught and broke and she had to look away with a muffled curse. ”I mean, fuck, Odin! What if I came back here every night smelling like a different guy? Would you honestly enjoy having me rub his scent all over you?”
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Odin Archer

As soon as her voice hit his ears he backpedalled violently, tripping over his own paws in the process and landing in the snow with his belly exposed and tail tucked tightly against his stomach. Her words struck him like sticks, each illiciting another flinch from him. He didn't think he smelled disgusting... Or maybe he always did and it was just getting to her now?

With his head reeling as it was he struggled to process what she was so upset about. His parents smelled like different wolves all the time and nobody had ever made a big deal about it then and when she asked how he would feel about her smelling like other guys well, he probably didn't have the reaction she might have expected. "Well, yeah, cos then you wouldn't smell like him anymore, yer'd smell like me..." He didn't dare to get up from his place in the snow, a low anxious whine building in the base of his chest. "I just... What's wrong?" He finally asked her outright. Clearly he was missing something somewhere.

Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Ugh.

Of course he didn’t understand.

”It’s stupid - I know it’s stupid...” she began, attempting to put this into words as clearly as she could manage. ”It’s just... you smell like other women Odin, and at this time of year, those women smell... look, I’m pretty sure you know all about the birds and bees and shit, right? So you understand that women are usually kind of... alluring this time of year... I guess...” Not to her, but to him. Clearly.

Well, that was frustrating. Obviously Odin knew what Spring was and breeding and all that. What he didn’t understand was Kip’s reaction. ”I don’t want you to smell like those other women at all!” she burst out, her tail drooping and her head lowering. ”I want you to smell like me, all the time. Every day. And I know I don't smell as good as they do to you, not right now, but... I kind of figured I meant more to you than that? I dunno... I guess I thought I was special.” But obviously, she had thought wrong. ”I guess what I want to ask is why are you spending more time with other women than me? Is it just because of the scent? Or is there something wrong with me? Because I know I’m not as pretty as some of the other girls from the north, and I’m not really... I dunno... feminine? But I didn’t think that mattered to you.” And wow, yeah, she was rambling and needed to stop. So she conjured her courage and decided to just come out and ask. ”I just... is there something wrong with me...?”
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Odin Archer

Truth be told, Odin didn't know where puppies came from, and it must have showed on his startled face as he began to trip over his own tongue, "Sorry, th' what now?" but it was probably lost as Kip continued and Odin scrambled through the snow to try and wipe most of the scent off his fur before he got to his feet, leaning out with his nose to prod at Kip's shoulder but stopping short in case she didn't want him touching her again. Still, his head hung low, singular eye trained on the bottom of her jaw, allowing her to speak her piece before he interjected again.

"Yer smell just fine, an' I do want ter smell like yer tha's why I rub on yer." It wasn't making sense to him. His only point of reference had been the Monadnock and the Ridge where the leading pair were related. He had come to assume that that was just the way things were. Perhaps if Wraith had survived, he'd have a better idea by now how a normal spring was meant to pan out for pack wolves.

But it sounded like, "Nah, yer perfect jus' as yer are Kip, but maybe there's somethin' wrong with me." He tried to reassure her. "Yer know th' guy I grew up callin' Da' was probably th' one wolf that couldn'ave been?" Maybe, that wasn't normal at all. "Ma told us when we left, that it mighta been Renier, or Wraith, or a guy called Nios from Secret Woodlands, or a loner, or a stranger from th' Lake, an' las' spring she ended up smellin like Renier, and Wraith, an' Piety, and da smelled like Angrydad and Cheedo but nobody got mad about it..." Sure he could understand the possessive way his mother had always wedged herself between Craw and Wraith, and then later between Wraith and Piety but it had never just been one wolf... Was that what she was asking of him? "I'm guessin' that's not exactly normal?"

Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
It probably wasn’t normal, but it was what Kip was used to. ”I never knew exactly who my actual father was either,” she explained, tail still lashing unhappily from side to side. ”Everybody fucked everybody. But that’s why I liked being around you, because I thought you would be different than everyone else.”

But then it hit her that he had asked what the birds and the bees were, and her blood ran cold. ”When a female goes into heat and the male comes to her and they have puppies,” she explained, looking off to the side in embarrassment. ”They get together when her scent is kind of sickly sweet like this, and she moves her tail out of the way so that the guy can come on top of her, and...” She swallowed hard, her tail drooping a bit. ”Did you really not know what that meant? You didn’t get on top of any women like that, did you...?” Please let him say no...

She didn’t know how she would handle it if he had.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
had a one way ticket to the place where all the demons go
Odin Archer

Oh. He had fucked up big time, hadn't dared to think that anybody might like him in that way, just wanted to keep her company, keep her safe, and he got swept up in something he didn't quite understand and ruined everything. He flinched away from her question, not wanting to see the hurt on her face while he processed that what had been done was how puppies were made. Gods above and below his mother was going to kill him if he had made her grandmother already.

"I didn't know..." It was almost a whine, didn't know that was the way you felt, didn't know that was what that meant, didn't know those would be the consequences. He was the worst, and she deserved so much better that him.

Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Well... that answered her question better than flat out admitting to what he had done. Yes, it hurt like hell to know that she hadn’t been enough on her own for him to want to stay by her side instead of chasing other girls. Making puppies with other girls. Kip had thought that he would wait on her, in such a naive way...

He hadn’t known...

But it still hurt.

”Wow... I am an idiot,” she remarked to herself, averting her gaze from his cowering form. ”This is why getting wrapped up in an emotional connection with another wolf is a bad idea. I really should’ve known better...” She doubted she would ever let herself off of the hook for that mistake. ”I hope you’re not planning on making whoever it is raise a pup on their own,” she stated, turning her attention back to Odin. ”You fucked up. You’re going to deal with the consequences.”

It would have been so much easier to be intimidating if she didn’t have tears standing in her eyes as she spoke to him.
(This post was last modified: Mar 17, 2018, 02:56 AM by Kip.)