(See All?) Announcements
458 Users Online
Bing, Google

dizzy headed — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 36 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Chamomile
@Aponi @Serach but open to one other OTB member too || Oak Tree Bend Borders, Evening, Snow, 7°F (-14°C)

He was so terribly lonely. The eerie woods seemed rather devoided of life where he looked and with the snow falling there was little hope he'd find any fresh scents to pester. The once lively Chamomile seemed rather dull. He still bounded through the area though, wasting precious energy that a loner could only afford to use so much of.

But his features seemed to blossom into something excited when he caught the scent of a border.

"More friends!" He eagerly whispered to himself. Had this been the place Seven had told him (little) about? Chamomile had certainly headed south. Or so he had last he recalled. It had been rather hard to tell where exactly he was going with all the fog, snow and similar trees.

Perhaps if everything went well - and these wolves were to become new friends - he could stick around for a bit. Eager to see a new face his head tipped back and sent out a warm, friendly call.
[Image: otbsig2_by_euphoriclies-d9q13rs.png]
currently seeking teaching or advising threads
interested in your wolf learning? pm me!
Played by Ghost who has 517 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata

Things had been strange within the Bend for the last couple of months and Aponi’s sense of urgency over their small numbers continued to grow. Despite her frequent trips leaving the territory in search of suitable loners she always came up empty pawed. It made her irritable and tense, as far as the silver would could see there was no reason for their numbers to be so dismal. Yes, they were strict but they were not unreasonable, their location was secluded enough that hunting was plentiful and their borders remained strong.

So when a friendly call went out Aponi had to squish the small trill of hope that rose within her chest. Raising her muzzle she sent out a short howl to indicate that she was coming and then her silver paws made quick work of crossing the territory. As desperate as they were for numbers the queen knew that they still had to be a little choosey, they couldn’t let slackers in or their pack would be even worse than it had been before. Raising her muzzle and tail in a display of dominance a small, curt smile adorned her face, Aponi Donata of Oak Tree Bend.” The loner had gotten their audience, now the ball was in their court.

[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Chamomile
His tail began to wag feverishly behind him when he heard the returned call. Someone was actually coming to see him! It wasn't that he hadn't expected it but he hadn't been expecting someone to be so speedy.

The small male patiently waited on the borders, tail never ceasing. It was when he saw the composed form of a silver female did his head tuck low, a small sheepish smile on his dark face. As she got closer Chamomile realized just how bigger she was. Had she been any taller, Chamomile would have perhaps used the word towered. Not to mention she seemed far more muscular than his flimsy lean form.

He had almost missed her introduction while basking in her presence. "Pleasure to meet you!" Her chirped, keeping himself lower than her. "I'm Chamomile of nowhere." The small male chuckled. He thought his own introduction was rather funny and could only hope that the silver wolf might think the same thing.

"I was hoping to find a place to settle and make some friends." He admitted as his tail slowed before ceasing wagging altogether.
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata

This loner, a small male seemed incredibly enthusiastic about having a pack to join and that boded well for him. It was his enthusiasm combined with the respectful drop of his tail and averted eyes that allowed Aponi to lower her dominant posture a fraction. They really did need the members and so far this Chamomile had been a decent enough addition. Physically he was small and scrawny but it would mean another set of paws along the borders and another row of teeth in their hunts.

His joke was corny for sure but the queen still smiled in amusement, she had never been part of such a ….chipper meeting with a loner before. Nodding in response to his question Aponi followed it up with one of her own, ”We have shelter, food and company to offer, but what do you have to offer us?” Perhaps this small many had a hidden talent, a trained healer or advisor perhaps even a scout. The Bend was short on trained wolves which would make him an even bigger asset at a time like this.

Inactive II. Subordinate
Chamomile
Her question was met with a brief wide smile. Chamomile had considered himself a jack-of-all-trades kind of wolf. Even his mother had told him that he seemed to know a bit about everything under the sun. Then again he had mostly been required to. Perhaps all that training away back home finally had a chance to be handy.

"I know a bit of everything. My mother always told me I was eager to teach others what I thought was the right way." He let out a soft laugh as his tail gave a few lowly sways. "So I suppose I might be a good teacher unless you already have one. I know I'm young but I might make a good advisor too! I like working things out and finding the best possible solution." He had always seen the elders advising but there had never been any rule saying someone like him couldn't. He had seen his fair bit of this and that. Why not offer that along with his always thinking mind to help someone out?
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata

The loner smiled widely at her when she asked her question and for the first time since this meeting started Aponi allowed herself a fraction of hope. Maybe this small loner would actually have something to offer and the pack would slowly begin to grow again. Maybe she didn’t have anything to worry about and they wouldn’t whittle away to nothing with nothing to show for everything they had worked for.

He was not trained in anything specific, but a jack-of-all trades was still a bonus as for as the silver alpha was concerned. He was young to be an advisor, but perhaps over time he could prove himself, being an advisor was about trusted advice after all and not age. Smiling the queen had heard enough, ”Well, we do have pups about to be yearlings now but we hope to have another litter in the spring so there will be plenty of minds for you to teach.” Moving forward without another word she brushed her flanks against his, marking him as one of their own. ”Welcome to the Bend.”

FADE

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2018, 05:17 AM by Aponi.)