(See All?) Announcements
432 Users Online

nexus. — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Capable
For @Mako.  Apparently Cold As Balls out, late afternoon.  Cloudy.

She'd complain more about the weather, if she hadn't grown up on top of the mountain. The wind was always harsh. The snow was unpredictable and cruel. Sure, she'd love to be curled up with her family, asleep in some den - Speiden not too far away either - but no, she didn't get that. Because said family wanted to explore and then…didn't…come back…

Capable had been on her children's trail, knew for certain they weren't dead. They were just proving difficult to track. Which meant they listened to some lessons, she supposed, but seriously - were they just planning on staying in Relic Lore? That was fine and all, but shit. Tell a woman.

The wolf shivered slightly, glancing around the lake as she lifted her head. The drink was nice, but… There wasn't a pack here when she left, was there? Didn't think so. She'd hoped to shelter here for the night, but it seemed like she was gonna need to tread carefully.

Ah, well. Worse things had happened.

bring me home, bring back what's stolen,
Capable
like you're supposed to
Played by Kydnt who has 135 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
The coming of spring made things kind of tense, and made things feel even more awkward for the boy on the cusp of manhood. He knew to keep his paws to himself, and the consequences if he didn't. But it made him grouchy and hair-triggered hanging around with everyone else with all the weird smells and touchy-feely alphas and everything else. And the one wolf he trusted himself not to be terribly rude or awkward around, and his only friend here, really, had left to go sightseeing. He couldn't blame Risaela, and had half a mind to do something similar himself. But he'd committed himself to this pack, and couldn't just scamper off for weeks because all this made him feel awkward as hell.

He just needed to get a little space and give himself a bit of a breather. The lake was good for that, though it was a shame that it was much too cold to go for a swim without risking hypothermia.

The twin white spots of Mako's eyebrows climbed up the grey expanse of his forehead as he caught sight of a familiar ruddy form standing on the shore. "Capable?" The name spilled from his mouth in surprise, his limbs moving faster without thinking about it. What was she doing all the way out here? Had something gone wrong back home? "Is everythi-" He began before his voice cracked a terribly unflattering pitch. He cleared his throat awkwardly before continuing, his cheeks warming under his fur. "Is everything alright? What are you doing out here?" He blinked at her. 
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Capable

“Mako?”

Go figure. Leave to find her own damn kids, find Speiden’s damn kids instead. Of course, he was a year old. A lot more capable (heh), and it was his decision to leave. For all she knew, Marina had dispersed since she’d left the ocean wolves (though she doubted it – the female Coho seemed pretty intent on learning about the Blackfish ways).

Huh. Capable shook her thick coat out, giving the young grayscale wolf a once over. He didn’t look too bad. That’d make his mom happy, probably. Her mouth lifted in a half smile. “Yeah, it’s fine. Valor and Courage have fucked off and didn’t come back so now Mom’s gotta go find them. Make sure they aren’t tangled up in some dumb shit, I guess.”

Like her family, for one thing.

“Don’t suppose you’ve seen Frick n’ Frack lately, have you?”

Capable
like you're supposed to
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
Mako's alarm settled down quickly as Capable explained what the situation was, a relieved sigh sneaking out of him. Capable was the first wolf he had run into that he recognized since leaving the coast. And that was almost a relief, he wasn't sure he could handle running into the Oak Tree Bend wolves, if they were even still around -- that sounded much too awkward. But he had most definitely not seen either of Capable's brood, which probably wouldn't be very reassuring for her. Hopefully his own mom wasn't worried about him getting up to dumb shit out here, though he supposed Spieden did gift him with the lecture of a lifetime before he set off on his own. Apparently avoiding parental disappointment was not high on Valor and Courage's list.

He shook his head in response, "Sorry, I haven't." He answered apologetically. His head tilted slightly. "What makes you think they came out here?" He asked curiously. Mako knew what had brought him here, even if it was just the vague attachment and curiosity for his birthplace.
Inactive No Rank
Capable

“Ah, damnit.”

She hadn’t expected as much, though. That would have been too easy. Courage and Valor were good kids (generally speaking), but once they decided to cause trouble…well, they really caused some trouble. If she had found them so easily with Mako, the woman probably would have had to wonder what else was up with those kids.

She shrugged at his question. “I mean, can’t be sure. Just a hunch. They were curious about where we all came from – so I told them, of course – and then Valor said he wanted to go for a short trip. And then Courage, of course, couldn’t be left out, because how could she?” Capable rolled her eyes as she remembered the ensuing temper tantrum. “It became obvious pretty quickly that they hadn’t actually meant a couple of days. I figured this was the best place to start looking.”

And if not… Well. She stretched her legs, and she could tell Speiden that Mako was doing just fine. He looked fine, anyways. “So – what pack are you shackin’ up with, anyways? I don’t recognize that smell.”

Capable
like you're supposed to
(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2018, 10:32 PM by Isuni.)
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
@Isuni

At least Capable didn't seem too put out that Mako hadn't seen the two. It seemed like she hadn't expected that finding them would be so easy. Mako thoughtfully chewed the inside of his cheek as she explained why they would have thought to come here in the first place. He could understand that restless feeling that had brought him here, but was thankful it had passed for now. Traveling like that wasn't the most comfortable thing.

Mako's brows lifted at her question. "Oh, uhm, Driftwood Surge, just up in the foothills not far from here." He stated. Driftwood Surge probably wouldn't be a familiar name at all given their newness, though he had no idea if Capable was familiar with what they had been before. Despite how close she and his mother were, Mako himself didn't really know much about her. "They're kinda new. Sorta. They used to be Hearthwood River, but I showed up right as they were moving and got caught up in it I guess." He didn't mention Ris's part in that, and instead just smirked, rolling a shoulder. Whatever had lead him there, it was his own choice to stay.  

"If you see Mom again before I do, you can tell her I'm stayin' out of trouble." His smirk widened, teeth glinting as he tried to broadcast the fact that he was a big boy who definitely, did not miss his momma, nope, not at all, no sirree. 
Inactive No Rank
Capable

“Oh. Okay. Got it.”

Capable didn’t really remember Hearthwood River – she took a moment, racking her memory for when she and Speiden and her small brood had fled north, but nothing came to might. Eh, didn’t really matter. Mako seemed happy and healthy enough, and her own pair of spawn hadn’t shown up in the area. That was really all the information the older wolf needed. Still, his tacked on comment was enough to make the redhead chuckle.

Staying out of trouble? Since when?

“’course ‘ll tell her. I was planning on heading back that way, once I figured out where Dumb and Dumber went. I’m not gonna haul ‘em back if they really wanna be here, but I’m not staying, either. Just want to make sure they’re alright. Relatively speaking.”

She blew out a sharp breath. “Guess I’ll look further south. If you see ‘em, tell ‘em to find me so I can go home, yeah?”

Capable
like you're supposed to