991 Users Online

What's left of me is only broken parts — Aurora Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn
Backdated to the 13th i just suck
@Greer

Elias had been gone longer than he'd intended. No matter what he said he knew it would look bad, that rolling in the snow would only do so much to get rid of the scent clinging to his coat. In fact, there was no way this wouldn't look awful, terrible even. But Elias couldn't just vanish on them, he would never be able to live with himself...And in all honesty, he did want to speak to Greer, to hear his opinion.

And so, Elias clambered up the Heights and passed the border after only a moment of hesitation. This place was like his home-but not quite. He adored the alphas, but he was ashamed to admit he hadn't really formed any strong bonds with his fellow subordinates. Maybe he hadn't tried hard enough, or maybe they could see his flaws and wanted nothing to do with him. He didn't know, but either way was convinced it was all his fault, in one way or another.

Coming to a stop near the mouth of the communal den, Elias tipped his head skyward and let out a call for the dark male. He demanded nothing, it was more of a request, as sort of 'if you have the time' howl. Setting his blonde rump to the floor, he glanced left and right, half expecting to see someone staring at him with accusations gleaming in their eyes. But he was alone, not for too long, he hoped.

[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
slight powerplaying, let me know if not okay and i'll change it <3 @Elias

While he had not been at the communal den Greer had been close enough to hear the blonde’s call. His ears twitched in interest as he redirected his path, his brows narrowed in concern. It had been quite some time since he had seen, or scented, the younger male on the mountain. The Archer had worried that the blonde had left without a word, chasing after his friend or something else. He was pleased, if not a little concerned, to hear that Elias had returned. Had he been searching for Revon, perhaps? He knew the pale agouti would return empty-pawed, as the scarlet Archer had already found her way back to the mountain. But maybe he had other news. Information about the Ridge wolves. Something.

He did not stop as he approached the blonde. Instead he motioned for the younger male to follow him with a flick of his nose, his expression soft, neutral, as he led his subordinate away from the den. From prying ears. Once they reached a respectable distance from the den Greer turned to Elias, a single brow raised as he studied the nervous youth for a moment before breaking the silence. Where go? He asked simply, getting straight to the point. Greer had never been the type to beat around the bush. If he wanted answers he would get them promptly. Small talk did not interest him. Information did.

[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

As usual, Elias eagerly followed after the alpha. He knew the question was coming, it was a reasonable one after all, but he flinched nonetheless when it reached his ears. The Selwyn thought on it for a moment, he had no intentions of lying or mincing his words, Greer deserved better. But saying it aloud was more than a little daunting, he didn't want Greer to hate him...

"I needed to leave a little while...I wanted to give Kyna space." That wasn't a lie, that had been his intention, at first. "Then I ran into Ravenna and she-we...He gulped.  "She said she wanted to be my friend but I don't think that was what she wanted from me..."He would be a liar if he claimed that didn't upset him, even now."So I stayed away for a little while longer, I was ashamed and upset- I thought she liked me for me. Not just because I'm t-tall and blonde."He was getting all tangled up in his emotions. His throat tightened as his eyes became glassy, he looked up at the sky- anywhere but Greer.

"And then I met a friend, her name is Nineva, she has always been nice to me, was the first wolf I met in these parts. She wants me to leave the Heights, to live with her....I did it with her too." He eventually admitted, his cheeks burning hot like the summer sun.

It was all out there now. Elias waited humbly, quietly for Greer's ire, his fury. For whatever the Heights King thought he deserved.

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

He had grown quite fond of the nervous, talkative blonde—even if they were polar opposites in personality. The pale Selwyn had proved his loyalty to the pack and pulled his own weight, even if he was a little tentative in his approaches. A part of Greer had always known that his position in the pack would be temporary. That eventually he would leave to seek out his friend. Or something else would capture his attention and lure him away. But the shadow knew he would never leave without saying something, for the blonde was a man true to his word. Which was why there was a sinking feeling building up in the pit of Greer’s stomach…

His ears cupped forward as the Selwyn began to respond, stating that he had initially left the Heights to give the fiery queen some space. A good idea, as Kyna had been on edge since the beginning of March. With both her mate and her daughter gone, and her heat beginning, Greer could only imagine how tense things had been atop the mountain. But, what interested the shadow was what came next. Ravenna. His brows tightened at the name; his silver gaze sweeping over to his subordinate. A frown tugged at his lips as Elias explained what happened, making the shadow worry that his younger sister had taken advantage of the naïve blonde.

But he did not respond. Not yet.

The next name Elias gave did not spark recognition. Nineva. A friend of Elias’, allegedly. A friend that wanted him to leave the Heights. A friend that Elias did it with. He blinked as he digested all the information, his tail sweeping idly behind him. He didn’t know how to feel about everything Elias had told him. If he was angry, happy, indifferent. It was a lot to take in.

He sighed after a long, heavy pause. What Elias do now? He asked, his mercury gaze landing on the pale agouti. Would he leave, with this Nineva, or would he join the Ridge to be with Ravenna? Or, would he stay atop the mountain with the Aurora wolves? The shadow was peeved that the blonde had bred with not one but two wolves, but at least they weren’t packmates. However, Greer felt as though the Selwyn should be responsible for any children he might have sired. Tend to them. Be a father.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

There wasn't any yelling, nor did Greer have harsh words for Elias. He just...Elias couldn't read him, try as he might he saw very little emotion on his face and his eyes didn't reveal anything either. They were just pale and calculating, clever eyes, or so Elias thought. Still, Elias took a moment to consider his question, he closed his eyes in thought as he wracked his brain. He knew what he would like but he couldn't help but feel as though it wasn't the right thing to do. He did like it here, even if Nineva didn't think it was good for him, he liked the feeling of belonging. It was why he'd approached their borders in the first place.

Had he been wasting their time? So many wolves came and went, Elias didn't just want to be another face in the crowd, a statistic. And yet, he didn't have the courage to take a stand, to put himself out there.

"I was hoping to...maybe hear your opinion. I know it's a choice I need to make but..."He trailed off with a shrug. "I value your opinion Greer. You don't say a lot, compared to me anyway, but when you do it counts. Wish I could be less...fillery."

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

Even when, or if, he was angry Greer was still wore a calm exterior and kept his words to a minimum. The opposite of his fiery mate. Seldom did the shadow allow his words to get away from him. Mostly when Sven pissed him off, but fortunately for the Archer he didn’t see his nephew that often. He didn’t allow anyone to talk poorly about his wife, his pack or his child—family or not.

But Elias? He couldn’t be angry with the blonde male. He would have been in the same situation the year before if his sister had not gently encouraged him to leave the monadnock and seek out the fiery mountain queen. He knew, however, if the Selwyn had sought out his mate he would not have been greeted so coolly. Greer, on the other paw, only wanted the best for his subordinate—even if it meant no longer calling him that. He did not know why, or how, he’d grown so fond of the blonde. It didn’t matter. Was he a little disappointed to find the male in this type of predicament? Of course. But being angry over it, yelling at the younger male, it wouldn’t do anything.

Was this what getting old was doing to the Archer?

Elias like Nineva? He asked, his mercury gaze narrowing as his head tipped to the side. Less fillery. That was a good way to describe the lanky shadow. He liked to get straight to the point; no beating around the bush. What was the point? If he wanted answers he’d get them. No reason to waste breath on words that didn’t matter. 

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

"I do,"he said quickly, though no less earnest. "She was the first wolf I met here. She didn't seem to like me much at first, think I annoyed her but...We're friends now. She cares for me." Or so he hoped, prayed even.

But really, was that enough? This place...though it wasn't home it meant a lot to him, or rather the wolves who had taken him in did. The fact that Greer was willing to even hear him out was proof of that. It was a give and take, care going back and forth, the way it was supposed to be. What if things changed? What if Elias had misconstrued the situation and saw things in a completely different light to Nin. He didn't want things to end poorly, but he didn't want to waste a chance of....He wasn't quite sure what leaving to live with Nin would lead to. A new start, a sunnier outlook? Did he even deserve such a thing? It was all so complicated, thinking about it made his head hurt.

"If I do leave...I don't want you or @Kyna to think that I'm... I know what it's like to think you could trust someone...and they just turn around and rip you to pieces for it." A whine struggled to surface, he couldn't keep the weakness out of his voice. Was he going to cry? Probably. He swallowed, his eyes glassy as his lips wobbled. He felt so small, insignificant.

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

He gave a sharp, curt nod at the blonde’s response, his brows furrowed in understanding. Greer knew all too well what it was like to have feelings for a female when they belonged to different packs. For the first few years of his relationship with Kyna, when it was strictly platonic, they had lived in separate homes. Kyna on the mountain and Greer in the forests below. Then, when her birth pack fell apart, she descended onto the eastern side of the mountain and the ebony Archer ended up in the north with his older sister. They made the distance work, for a time, but Greer knew he couldn’t keep it up forever. Not when he wanted to pursue a future with the fiery woman.

Before he got a chance to response the pale male chimed in once more, a low whine accompanying his words. Greer knew, deep down, that @Elias had already made his decision. Otherwise he would not have sought out the Archer’s company.

Greer know, he responded, his voice soft as his expression smoothed. The Selwyn did not have to worry—not with Greer. With Kyna most definitely, as she wouldn’t be pleased to learn of the blonde’s departure, but Greer knew he could reason with his mate. Or at least make her understand.

If Elias like Nineva Elias-go. Help Nineva. Greer not hold against Elias. He couldn’t—not without being a hypocrite. Elias had proved himself to the Heights wolves; there was no reason for the Archer to be bitter toward him. He was holding himself accountable for his actions. If he had helped spawn a child he needed to be there for it. Greer trust.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Greer trusted him. It was more than Elias deserved and yet he couldn't help but feel overwhelmed, that someone outside of his family would hold him in such high regard. Heck, it wasn't as if many Selwyn's liked him anyway. He'd always been considered the odd one out, the black (or rather blonde) sheep of the family. But Greer wanted what was best for him, even if it meant losing a member of his pack...It was all too much, he was being so good that Elias just couldn't help himself.

Surging forward, Elias's form collided with the alphas in a messy, if not earnest approximation of a hug. He rested his chin upon Greer's shoulders as he sniffled and heaved, tears pooling at the corners of his eyes. Behind him his wail wagged and waved, a happy little banner for all the world to see. Even if he couldn't quite admit it aloud, this was what he wanted. A new start, a chance to be something, someone else.

"Thank you, Greer. He mumbled, still not pulling away."For everything."