Google, Bing, Vanadis

Bound by blood [M] — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
OOC: Mature - Self harm.
All welcome. ^^

He had decided it. Despite what little hardship the pack was facing, Garmir still felt strong affection towards it, and more than that, Treyah had managed to break him away from his indoctrination. He did not know when did his mind become fully free from his shackles but at some point he realized that he was no longer - in any way - loyal to the Greater Pack - that rather his loyalties stood here with the small family he had. He had a purpose now, Treyah needed him and he could have any role he asked for - so she had promised. Everything seemed good for him for once and while the pack was undergoing turmoil, Garmir was sure that he could help fix it.

There was only one small obstacle left; Garmir had made his oath in blood and as long as he was pledged to his old pack, he could not thruly swear himself to the Charred Ash Draw. Some wolves, most wolves propably would have not given a damn, but Garmir lived by his codes and rules - even if their origin was something he now despised - and as long as he was bound by blood, he was not thruly free.

Only blood could free him from his oath and while this typically meant death, the pledge did not specifically say how much of his blood he would require to free himself, seeing that only very small part of him still held any loyalties towards the Greater pack, Garmir reasoned it was worth nothing but few drops. He reached down to his right fore leg, his jaws opening as he traced his fangs along his own fur until he came upon a spot where clear old scar could be found. He adjusted his hold, moved his canines into right angle - took a breath and then suddenly bit himself. Groaning with discomfort, Garmir could taste copper in his mouth as trickle of red met his tongue. He retracted his jaws from his own leg and then watched, lifting his now wounded fore.

The injury was not really an hinderance, barely an annoyance, but it bled and thus Garmir stared as first drop - then another, and another of his own blood met the white snowy ground of the Charred Ash Draw. "There it goes.... " -He murmured deeply to himself, watching the trickle of blood with his poison green eyes, finding this moment particularly... he should feel something, but there was very little emotional response from him...

Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
we watch as our young hearts fade into the flood
Treyah Tainn

With all that had been happening, the now familiar scent of blood sent the yearling leader into a panic. Her ears sat high atop her head, paws scrambling against the snow as she set out on the familiar trail of Garmir. Her heart thundered in her ears as she tried to make sense of it. There hadn't been any sound of a scuffle... had Kerb snapped again? Maybe wanted to reinstate the man as lowest even after all he had done?

No, no, no.

But there was no scent of Kerberos on the breeze and rather than finding herself relieved it only left the girl more anxious. What on earth had happened then?

Finally amber eyes fell on the figure of Garmir, slowing her steps as she approached, cautiously at first and then moving faster as she came to his side, unable to stop herself from anxiously prodding the man to figure out just what on earth had happened. "Garmir, are you okay? What happened?"

[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Seeing Treyah hurrying to him and asking worried questions made Garmir realize that he should have propably done this somewhere else - or let Treyah first know of his weird ritual before performing it. He tried to sooth and calm her down with gently poking her to the cheek and murmuring in low, calm tune, even his tail waving behind him which was about as rare as moose flying in the sky. He hurriedly explained that nothing to be concerned about was happening. "Im good. No.. I'm even better now. I'm sorry, I should have told you before I do these silly things... You've had to worry plenty enough already."

He lifted his leg higher to and turned his nose from her side now towards it, tilting his head to the side as he watched another drop of red fall to the ground. "Long ago I made an oath with blood to the Greater Pack. I am now breaking that oath..." -he said, trying to calm her by explaining his reasons.

@Treyah
(This post was last modified: Mar 18, 2018, 11:31 AM by Garmir.)
[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
turn your face towards the sun, let the shadows fall behind you

Garmir's touch was reasuring and certain, not at all the panicked scene she had expected to stumble upon with the scent of blood in the air. Now that she could actually stop and breathe, she realised it wasn't that strong at all. Not like a fight, but more like a scrape. It put her heart at ease and she could breathe again. He had touched on his oath before, but she didn't realise it was one that involved blood. "Oh," Was all she could manage, the hint of a sheepish smile pulling at the edges of her lips. "I'm sorry, I panicked... so does that mean you're staying then?"

Treyah Tainn
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Treyah

It was funny how easy it was eventually to find a way to break his oath when he really wanted it. Only blood could free him from his oath, sure - but the Greater Pack had never been specific about how much of it was needed. Somehow when you were loyalist, with worldview so chained into the traditions and beliefs of the pack, you just always thought it meant death. Someone less indoctrinated than Garmir might have just not cared about the oath at all - but to him these things were still important. Loyalty and traditions still remained as his core values and in a way nothing had changed in his character. Only his loyalties had shifted. He had a new leader in Treyah and with her new purpose - one that did not end into a dead end of a failure no matter what he would choose.

"Im the one who should apologize. And yes, Treyah. I am staying." -He replied to her while watching himself bleed to the snowy ground. Garmir was so focused in his performance it seemed almost as if he was in a trance. His eyes followed each and every drop that came down and his jaws were slightly apart, his breath so calm it almost looked as if he might have ceased breathing at all. He then suddenly blinked and let his paw come down, almost touching the ground but not quite. "Would you... complete the ritual with me? I know this is all... weird at very least but.. I value traditions. They keep me in line, focused."

(This post was last modified: Jul 21, 2018, 10:18 PM by Garmir.)

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
turn your face towards the sun
Let the shadows fall behind you

Treyah would probably consider herself a traditionalist if she had been asked. She had a very set idea of how things should be and very much preferred when things went that way, so when she was asked if she would complete the ritual with him, well, she could understand the want to keep things as they made sense to be. A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips, "What do you need me to do?" She was assuming at this point that he wouldn't require her to cause any further damage to him, and maybe once this was over with she could question him some more about what his old pack was like and how they functioned. For now, she was content to allow him to take the lead. If it made him feel more at home, gave him more of a purpose, then she was willing to help him out. After all, she was fond of the grizzled man and his blunt assessments that often counterbalanced her own optimism in such a sorely needed way.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Treyah

Garmir kept his ghostpaw (the one with pale paw pads) few inches from the softy ground. His blood was dripping to the ground one drop at the time. He turned his eyes on her, smiling at her surprisingly brightly as if he was being filled with something positive for once. "It is simple really. I will make a pledge to you... and you need to accept it. Normally we pledge ourselves to our land, our territory by bleeding ourselves to it.. but since I am swearing new oath to you... I hope you don't mind my blood on your cheek..."

Garmir took one step towards her, in a way wobbling on three legs, apparantly purposefully keeping his bleeding fore leg off the ground. This was that moment where Garmir would voluntarily loose his freedom once more and adopt master; Treyah and through her blood her family and finally Tainns. He had tried to be free but he struggled with the idea... In fact, it was slowly turning him grazy. Garmir could not function as free unit. He needed to be slave.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn

Treyah's brows might have pinched just a fraction with worry, but she nodded her assent all the same, her head lowering a little so he wouldn't have to jump to do... whatever it was that he needed to do to be at peace. For a moment she even wondered if this was a cure for a restless heart, and if maybe more wolves should do it, but she quickly came to realise it was more than that. Her mother had bled in plenty of places, but she never stayed there for long. This had to be something more, something specific to Garmir and where he had come from, what he had been through.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Treyah

There was a brief, relieved smile on Garmir's face as Treyah lowered her head to him. She understood he needed this, that he would be happier this way. Garmir came closer and then lifted his bleeding leg, pressing his ghostpaw against her forehead as in to give her bloody paw mark. He was shivering and his breathing was shaky at first. "I..." -He begin, voice faltering quickly however. He took deep breath and for a moment considered what words he should speak. He settled down to copying same pledge he had long ago given to Greater Pack, but with altered words.

His following words came more true, more certain and they only seemed to grow his confidence as he spelled them; "I.. Garör Grímr hereforth pledge my life, my freedom and my soul to you and your family - Treyah Tainn - in faith that you will... guide me, use me, give purpose to me and shelter me. I shall be loyal, true and always by your side - and should I be faithful, may you and your family grant me place among your ancestors at the time of my eternal dream. This oath done with blood, only with blood can be undone..."

Then.. Garmir became silent. It did not sound quite the same as the pledge to The Greater Pack with so many words and parts improvised. The original piece was.. more poetic, but it was the content that count, the promise that Garmir gave. He awaited, almost afraid to hear her next words. What if she would reject it? Garmir was essentially offering himself as willing slave to her.

Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
I am the worst. I'm happy to fade this here and archive or we can do another. Up to you.

Treyah didn't pull away as he lifted his paw, perplexed but barely letting it show as his paw slid away and he began to speak. She listened intently to Garmir's pledge, offering a small smile when he was done, showing her acceptance by stepping forward to groom the short fur across his forehead before responding. "I accept your pledge, and hope the Draw can bring you some measure of peace, and fulfillment." It was a short response, and not anywhere near as grand as his own declaration, but then again, it wasn't at all something she expected to be required to repeat. It did remind her of stories her mother had once told though... and that may have caused a flicker of concern because of all people, the one she least wanted to be compared to was Naira, but maybe it meant she was doing things right?

After taking a deep breath and allowing the pregnant feeling in the air to dissipate, the leader shook out her fur and turned back to her companion. "So have you given any thought to a role you might like, since you're going to stick around? If not, you should." It was said almost teasingly, in an attempt to lighten the mood, even though it was a serious topic. She didn't need an answer right now, but she would be ready when he had one.