466 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

Ain't no god on my streets — Ghastly Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Nevrakis

A praise? He had hardly taught him anything but the basic concept of snow tunnel mouse hunting. Everything else had been the youngster performing on his own. Garmir dipped his head regardless in aknowledgment and continued with his task. They still had more mice to catch if they wanted to have a decent meal and they had plenty of time before it would get dark - and proper scary in these woods.

Garmir mostly focused on his own hunt, only occasionally checking how his newest pupil was doing. Nevrakis seemed to have fun and the earthen male could not help but a smile seeing how eagerly the young'un was extreminating those little rodents. Garmir himself caught only four in a course of time that followed and he carried them all from their tails, hanging their lifeless little bodies from his jaws.

The dark boy huffed at Garmir and the earthen male turned his attention over. He tilted his head somewhat in question and then begin to approach, his little mouse-beard hanging from his jaws. "waff?"

[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Played by Melorama who has 45 posts.
Inactive VI. Yearling
Nevrakis

Garmir responded to his noisy exhale by turning to face him and padding closer with four mice dangling from his jaws by their tails. He himself had only managed to catch three, but seven mice was a decent amount between them. While their bellies would not be filled, it would be enough to keep them from going hungry that day, at the very least.

Darkly furred ears rotated forward towards his earthen companion, breath hissing between his teeth as he spoke in an unsure tone. "I was just wondering how many mice we were gonna hunt?" His wheat yellow gaze shifted momentarily to the mouse pile he had made. "I only managed to catch three..." The yearling's words trailed off as he looked back at Garmir. The sun would begin to set soon and he really did not want to be in this forest after dark, even with another wolf by his side.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Nevrakis

Even if he did not outright show it, Garmir was quite impressed to see the young dark boy so successful at his first hunt. He nodded approvingly while holding onto his own catch before lowering his head and laying the mice down to the ground. He straightened up and then offered brief - although honest compliment to Nevrakis. "You did really well. I think we have enough for the day and really, even I get creeps in this forest during night, so we should go." -He murmured in calm tone while turning his eyes up to the evening sky. The shadows were already growing deeper and the forest was only shaping darker around them. It was time to go.

"Take your catch and we shall go. I will take you to the edge of forest and from there one we shall go on our separate ways, unless.. " -Garmir eyes turned at Nevrakis while he begin to collect his catch, those poison green eyes suggesting Garmir had more plans for the youngster - if he was interested at all.

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive VI. Yearling
Nevrakis

The yearling's tail shook delightedly behind him at his earthen companion's praise as a big wolfy grin appeared on his maw. At first he had been dubious about catching the mice given that they burrowed beneath the snow, but Garmir's guidance on how to hunt them made him appreciate the vermin just a little more. Maybe he would use this newfound skill when rabbits were scarce and he had a couple of hours to spare. Nevrakis spared a glance at the trees, noting the lengthening shadows as the sun quickly began its descent. There would still be light for a little while, but this place just seemed to absorb most of the light, making it seem darker than it really was.

He was about to reach down and grab the mice he had caught, but he paused mid reach, head canting to the side curiously. What did he mean by 'unless'? The yearling had been fully prepared to part ways with Garmir, after all, that's all he had ever done since that fateful day with the bear, but the green-eyed was the most interesting wolf he had come across in a while. "Unless...?" He said in an attempt to try and prompt the other male into continuing to speak, perplexed as to what his intentions were.

(This post was last modified: Mar 21, 2018, 03:17 AM by Nevrakis.)
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Nevrakis

Garmir was happy to see there was curiosity in his companion's eyes. He held the youngster in suspense for a moment while his eyes moved along the youngsters features as if he would have been measuring something. "..unless you'd like to come with me?" -He finally said while turning around to start leading them away from the forest. They would have some way to travel and while they did, he could try to sell idea of becoming member of his pack to the young'un.

"You learn fast, you are not completely hopeless. Little jumpy perhaps but thats alright - and amazingly, I might even like you." -He really did like the young man, but was not going to outright admit it. Garmir did not like things. Least officially. Of course, he had only recently been lifted from the lowest rank and thus he wasn't sure how much he could offer without first asking from his leaders - but they could least try. If nothing else, Garmir could put the good word for Nevrakis - rest was up to youngster making the impression.

He allowed that to sink in, not trying to preassure or force the dark boy into any decision. He kept walking forward, maintaining steady pace while keeping one of his ears pointed at his companion.

Inactive VI. Yearling
Nevrakis

Go with him? The yearling's head cocked to the side. Go where? Was he also a wandering soul like him? But no, Garmir seemed too familiar with the forest for that to be the case. That could only mean he lived somewhere around this place, and as it was rare for a loner to be in one place for too long, he had to be part of a pack. How had he not picked up on that earlier? When the green-eyed male turned and began walking away, Nevrakis hurriedly picked up his mice by their tails and trotted after him, this time walking side by side with him.

His tail wavered like a banner in the wind when Garmir said he was a fast learner, and that he even liked him... almost. Well, almost was good enough for him. No one had ever mentioned liking him, though he supposed that was due to not being around another long enough for them to come to that conclusion. It was nice all the same. "Tho where are we goin'?" He said around his mouthful of mouse tails, hoping that was enough for Garmir to know that he was willing to follow him to wherever it was he lived. The yearling found he really liked his earthen companion's company, and he had been on his own for so long that maybe settling down would not be as bad as he imagined it to be.

Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw
@Nevrakis

Garmir maintained steady trot while he continued to lead them forward with confident look on his face. He kept his gaze ahead of him, but he was closely listening and observing the young man's words and other signs. Hearing there was sense of eagerness and curiosity in Nevraki's voice, Garmir begin to smile, his often idle tail even waving the slightest. Seems that the earthen male had caught more than just mice to bring home.

"There is a pack I am part of. That's where I am going and perhaps I could take you with me. I'm curious to see what else I could teach you." -He murmured with a pleasant, albeit little rough tone. Garmir already knew that Nevrakis was eager to follow him and he did not mind having an apprentice of his own. In a way, this was going back to the old familiar ways, when Eden was Garmir's mentor.

There was going to be some travelling ahead and while they would be at it, Garmir would have plenty of time to answer any and all questions his companion could throw at him. The earthen male wanted to make sure the young'un knew exactly what he was joining into if he agreed. Thus the two figures carried forth, leaving the site as darkness begin to claim the forest and day begin to turn to night.

- Garmir exity exit