523 Users Online
Google, Bing

Inexplicable — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn
Continued from Irrevocable. @Daesamar

The rain that she'd fallen asleep to was gone by the time dawn's earliest light cascaded faintly across the forest. Lyanna began to stir, her eyes slowly fluttering open to take in the sight of the shine of wet grass. She'd slept so soundly that the storm that rumbled on throughout the night hadn't woke her even once. Perhaps the reason for this had been that she'd been absolutely exhausted - so much so that she remembered dozing off in the midst of her conversation with Daesamar.

Ahh yes, Desamar. The boy who'd been friendly enough for her to make an acquaintance of; the boy whose still-damp fur her face was comfortably nestled into. Unwilling to wake him, she laid as still as ice, taking in a deep breath as her sight shifted from her view of the forest to the blackness of his fur and back. With this new day, would she come to call him friend? She wasn't certain. But one thing she was certain of was how thankful she was to have had his companionship in the night, to have had the comfort of not sleeping alone in the first time in what was beginning to feel like a long time. Thankful to have heard the sound of another's voice. Thankful for the feeling of safety he'd given her. Maybe, she thought, she could find some way to thank him, for these things she wasn't sure she would be comfortable verbalizing to someone with whom she'd had such a short-lived relationship.

Perhaps he'd be up soon. If not, Lyanna was content to stay there until he did, to soak up the notion of kindness they'd shared just a bit longer until the sun warmed the earth and the rain was dried from their fur. After all, who knew how long it would be until she would come across another as amiable and not acrimonious as he was. Shutting her eyes and adjusting her head just so, she listened to the distant songs of birds starting their day.

(This post was last modified: Jun 15, 2018, 03:55 AM by Lyanna.)
Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The large yearling turned nest had fallen asleep shortly after his companion had. He had kept awake long enough to be sure that she was comfortable and able to rest easily, quietly enjoying the close contact with another individual and the warmth that her body provided in the cold, wet rain. Listening for the distance howls of the coyotes and the rumbling thunder before he had been lulled into a heavy sleep.

Eventually, the yearling started to stir, a low groan rumbled from within his broad chest as he shifted slightly, before the familiar weight of his companion sank in and Daesamar’s silver eyes slowly blinked open. A small squeak emitting when he got a face full of sunlight and mumbled “Eh wassit?”. Licking his lips, He gave his head a slow shake, his grin slowly returned to his muzzle as he craned his head, nudging Lyanna’s cheek before chirping “Morning, sleep well?” he asked before finally settling back down and closing his eyes, relishing in the warmth as his still damp fur started to dry.
[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

After a time Daesamar began to stir. Lyanna stayed still in her place, in case he wasn't quite ready to greet the day. A groan escaped from his chest and her rounded ears perked up as his form began to move around her. Before she could get a word out he'd nudged her cheek, and an honest smile graced her features. "'Morning," she replied. "I did - perhaps too well. I'm afraid I must have dozed off on you." The tip of her tail beat slowly on the dirt beneath them. Hopefully he didn't find her to be rude.

The sun was low in the morning sky and it was likely that they were up early enough to get a meaningful start on the day. "How'd you sleep? The storm didn't keep you up, did it?" Finally lifting her broad head from his furry side, she shifted to face him with a light of wakefulness in her golden eyes. Hidden Tree and the prospect of seeing it at some point in the near future crossed her mind then. He'd mentioned that it sounded fun, which she interpreted as interest. She didn't know what he had in store for himself or when he'd want or need to return to his pack, but maybe he'd want to make the trip with her today. Surely it wasn't far from here, and the creek was right there for her to follow should she decide to make her way. And with the coyotes roaming about, two wolves were better than one.

Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
Daesamar Silverveil
There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.

OOC here!

A warm smile twisted on the young wolf’s lips as he slowly opened his eyes once more, blinking in the morning light and finding himself facing Lyanna almost nose to nose. His crooked ear perked at what she had to say.  Hadn’t dozing off on him had been the entire reason for him offering his pelt as a barrier against the damp ground? Tilting his head slightly, Daesamamer giggled softly, his grin widening even more. “That was the point.”

At the mention of the storm, Daesamar turned his head, looking out at the rain-soaked scene before them. Ferns draping with the morning dew, the leaves sparkling in the dull sunlight.  “Nah, I love the sound of the rain, it’s always been soothing, and getting to spend the time with someone else made it even more meaningful.” he said, before turning his attention toward the mountain. “I’ll have to get back there today, if your near this side, please seek out my scent, my ack’s settled around a small lake about halfway up the mountain, Once you get to see this Hidden Tree, there are a few places I’d love to show you up there.”

Before he had always explored with his silent friend Pebble before she had up and vanished once more. There were many places the young wolf wanted to show someone, anyone who could appreciate them, and he was positive that Lyanna was one of them that would.

[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lyanna Tainn

Daesamar seemed to be as light and friendly as he began to wake as he'd been to begin with. She'd been awake long enough to have enjoyed the pretty, dewy morning scenery for a time already, and so she watched contently as her counterpart took in the sight for himself. When his gaze shifted to the the mountains in the distance, he mentioned that he expected to return to there soon and let her know where, approximately, she could find him before inviting her to seek him out. There was some excitement to be had at the prospect of seeing some of the sights a little further up the mountain, and she reckoned that, perhaps, she wouldn't mind if one day Daesamar showed her around. He'd certainly been good company, after all.

"That sounds like something to look forward to." She offered him a gentle smile. "I'm not sure how long I'll be gone to Hidden Tree or where I'll go after...But, if I'm ever out your way, I'll make it a point to stop by and take you up on your offer." Her gaze drifted to the mountainside and she imagined where the lake near where he lived might be. By the way he spoke about getting back to his pack, it sounded like he might be leaving out sooner than later. Perhaps it was best if she did, too. "...It was good to meet you, Daesamar. I hope that you make it home safely and that our paths will cross again some day. Take care of yourself." And with that, she dipped her head to issue her farewell, turning her eyes to forest as she slipped away into it's mysteriously beautiful shadows.

{end}
(This post was last modified: Jul 16, 2018, 07:46 PM by Lyanna.)