(See All?) Announcements
585 Users Online
Bing, Google

if a man talks shit, then you owe him nothing — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
”I’ve been told I think too much,” Kip explained, her ears flicking back and forth. ”I think my brain is just too big for its own good. It’s why I think so much, and why I lose sleep. I’m always thinking,” she elaborated, seafoam eyes scanning out for any cave or crag or whatever that would be able to protect the herbs from whatever elements they would have to endure.

Well, this was all pretty awkward. This was why she never talked about any of this shit with anyone. It got so weird and awkward and stuff. Not to mention that this was her first proper conversation with Lorcan. Why did there have to be emotions involved? They didn’t even know one another.

It was his fault, really.

”Good. I hope he’s sorry,” she muttered, the fur along her shoulders rising a bit with aggression. ”He hasn’t even come to speak to me since, which honestly just tells me how much he values me anyway. It wouldn’t be so bad if he would just talk to me,” she choked out, her ears flat against her head.

She looked back up at Lorcan, flicking one ear. ”I don’t want to show him anything. I’m just afraid he’s going to forget I ever existed at all,” she managed, her voice wavering. ”I’m so tired of being dismissed or thrown away or treated like I’m unimportant. Because I am fucking important!” She sobbed the last bit out, her breath hitching. ”I don’t want to be someone’s second choice... especially Odin’s second choice.”
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Advisor demonstration 3/3.
Van, feel free to fade with your next post if you want!

Lorcan nodded in quiet understanding, trying to show support for the young female as she opened up to him. It was nice that she felt comfortable enough to be open and honest with him, even though they hardly knew each other. The male enjoyed living within a tight-knit group, wolves who he knew he could approach with a concern or worry and they wouldn't judge him — and, he hoped, with time the he and the wolves of Clearwater Tarn would develop such a relationship, once they got to know each other better.

Charcoal lips pressed together into a thin line as @Kip muttered, watching as her fur stood on end at the mention of Odin being sorry. He said nothing for a moment, not wanting to incite any more strongly negative emotions from the girl, but as he remained silent Kip continued talking, growing more and more distressed by the second. Russet ears moved to mirror hers and pressed flat against his head as she choked out her feelings on the matter.

Lorcan couldn't help but feel bad for her and in some ways he felt kind of guilty, as if he could have done something to prevent any of it happening at all. He tried to reason with her. "He may pay more attention to Lenae and want to spend time with his pups, but that doesn't mean he will forget about you..." He thought maybe his words would help, but then Kip's hard exterior crumbled. Her soft, childish vulnerability spilled out as she sobbed at the ground. 

Lorcan's pale brows furrowed and golden eyes widened as he panicked, desperate to comfort her, but unsure of what to do or say. He could really empathise with her. It wasn't so long ago that he had felt the same way about himself. Useless and unwanted. "You are important, you are Kip!" He told her, his voice hushed but serious. "It just takes the right wolf to see all that you're worth, and if Odin can't see how amazing you are well... his loss." 

He lent over closer to her, trying to see her face, but not close enough to actually make contact. He didn't want to spook her again. "Come on, I think we've had enough upset for one day. Forget the medicinal cache, let's go find you something to eat and a nice spot in the den. How's that sound?" He offered with a hopeful smile. 
(This post was last modified: Mar 31, 2018, 12:16 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Van who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
Lorcan was probably some sort of angel sent from heaven or some shit like that. So far, he was the first adult - actual adult - that she had met who had taken genuine interest in her feelings and cared that she was hurting.

She owed him for that.

”Y-you’re right,” she said in response to... well, to everything he said. He was right. She was a fucking treasure, dammit, and if Odin couldn’t see that then he didn’t deserve her at all. Which was a haughty thought from her, but she felt pretty damn special right then, and her new friend was to thank for that.

Even if she had followed them just for Odin... Lorcan was a good leader.

The girl nodded her head again when he mentioned food, taking a deep breath. ”I’m starving,” she admitted with a sheepish smile. And exhausted. ”Thank you, Lorcan... I’ll help you find the medicine den tomorrow.”

{ f a d e }