715 Users Online
Google, Bing

Something greater — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Brian who has 206 posts.
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
here ya go @Lorcan

Daesamar paused atop the small ridge he stood on, his nose twitching as he angled his snout into the breeze blowing over his shoulder. SIlver eyes narrowed in concentration as he looked down the mountain’s edge. There’s the woods...should be around here somewhere. he thought to himself, recalling @Piety ‘s directions for seeking her and her group out. The Yearling had been back and forth across bits of the Lore for a bit now, it was fun, but he wanted to meet people, and the pale female had been nice to him, he was curious about the company she kept and now seemed like as good a time as any to pay a visit.

There it is he detected her vague scent on the breeze, it was a promising sign. He lept off the ridge, landing in the thin layer of snow with a soft grunt. A grin formed on the large youth’s muzzle as he tilted his head toward the sky, he didn’t want to infringe on any borderers and this seemed like a reasonably safe distance for him to make contact. Drawing in air, he filled his lungs and let a loud howl of greeting emit from his rubbery lips. Afterwards, Daesamar settled down, closing his eyes, hsi crooked ear flicking as a bit of snow settled between his eyes.
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan had been taking his time patrolling and re-marking the borders when he heard a howl echo between the mountain peaks. Russet ears immediately perked up in interest as he listened to the unfamiliar greeting. The agouti male could not say that he recognised the wolf's voice, but by the sounds of it, the individual seemed to be somewhat familiar with them. Pale brows furrowed softly in mild confusion as he wondered who it could be, before he set off through the dense pine forest to promptly track down their location.

The agouti male spotted the large yearling through the breaks in the trees. Golden eyes took in his dark form against the light backdrop of the snow covered mountain and clouded sky, once again deciding that he did not recognise the young individual. Still, he proceeded to approach the male, his black-tipped tail lifting to wave dominantly behind him in casual greeting. He was curious to how the yearling had known to call for them. Perhaps someone within the group had spoken of their plan to settle at the tarn, he considered. Still, it would not hurt to be cautious. "Afternoon," He greeted, offering the younger male a polite smile and dip of his head as he advanced towards him. "Who might you be?" It was all that Lorcan really wanted to know, and how did you find us? 
(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2018, 06:22 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The first indicator that the yearling was no longer alone was the scent. Minutes past, the breeze blowing toward him carried a new smell on the currens. A voice broke into his thoughts, cause Daesamar’s eyelids to blink open, the male came into view, causing the boy to bob his head in greeting. He matched the offered smile with a wide grin of his own, lowering his head in respect as Lorcan inquired about him. Daesamar thought it over for a moment, his brows scrunching up in incineration, drawing air into his lungs before opening his mouth.

“Good evening sir, my name’s Daesamar Silverveil, I met a wolf a couple of days ago, I believe, bit I wish not assume that she’s with you. Her name’s Piety, She mentioned a group settling in this area and permitted me the opportunity to come by if I needed anything.” he paused for a moment, licking his lips and taking the chance breath. “I don’t wish to put a strain on your resources, coming to you for aid isn’t why i’m here, I er...well sir, I wanted to say hello, and sate my curiosity about her group.”
[Image: q2GKNw0.jpg]
[Image: cwt.png]
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Now that he was up close, Lorcan could notice more details about the large yearling that he hadn't been able to spot from a distance, like the streaks of ashen grey in his otherwise coal black pelt, the strange crook in his right ear and those bright silver eyes. They reminded him of Greer, Sven and Ravenna — golden eyes slid shut as the female's final words to him echoed in his head, causing his pale brows to dip down into a frown. He wrinkled his nose in dismissal and blinked, his focus once again returning to the young male in front of him. Lorcan was curious, was he an Archer as well?

Russet ears perked up as the boy politely introduced himself as Daesamar Silverveil. Apparently not, though the leader couldn't shake the uncanny resemblance. 

He tilted his head, curious to hear how the dark yearling had known to call along the outskirts of their borders so soon after they had claimed the territory as theirs. He knew there to be other packs in the nearby area, and out of all of them, this one was sure to have the weakest scent having not been established as long as the others. Ears pricked up atop his head at the mention of @Piety. Now things were started to make sense. The smile would have returned to his scarred features had @Daesamar not mentioned putting a strain on their resources. Black-tipped tail jerked behind him expectantly, though the yearling was quick to explain that he was not here to ask for anything. Lorcan grew all the more curious.

A smile returned to his charcoal lips at the boy's explanation and he moved his tail to give a friendly wave behind him. "Well it is nice to meet you, Daesamar. I'm Lorcán, Piety's mate." He introduced, giving a polite dip of his head, before pausing. What exactly did the boy wish to know? Their scent was enough for him to get an idea of their numbers. "I'm sure she must've told you that we're new to the area? The majority of us lived further north before moving to the tarn." Lorcan explained, wondering if it was the sort of thing that might interest the yearling. 
# P O R C A N
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
He wasn’t sure how the male would react, he gulped, quietly shallowing incase Lorcan became angry or aggressive about such an assumption.  It seems though that he had done something right. Daesamar watched the smile returned, He caught the friendly wave, his own bushy ash streaked flag started to wag in turn, matching the friendly facial expression with his own, broan, happy grin. He listened quietly and intently as Lorcan spoke, nodding slowly as it did make more sense, this man was Piety’s mate.

“A pleasure sir.” he said, dipping his head respectfully before settling down onto his haunches. The young wolf thought it over before tilting his head, nodding in response. “So a lot of friends then sir? I’m guessing an older pack?” It would make sense, or maybe something more sinister had happened, what if they were the remains of multiple packs gathered together. “I-is it er….just friends inside?” he asked, tn grimacing at his own stutter, he was usually good with words, but he didn't know what to say or stay subtle about his inquiries, the winter seemed to stretch on forever, out here, it was rather lonely. He was curious about the packs in the area, in part, to see if he could be a good match in one, and if one might be a good match for him.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
The younger male's politeness did not go unnoticed by the new leader. Lorcan's tail waved easily behind him, enjoying their pleasant interaction. A warm smile pulled at the corners of his charcoal lips as the dark wolf dipped his head in formal greeting before settling onto his haunches. Lorcan couldn't help but be reminded of himself a little, when he first entered the Lore, polite and perhaps a little too curious. The agouti male nodded his head when Daesamar asked if they had all been a part of a previous pack. "Yes, we all used to belong to a pack in the lowlands, Whitestone Monadnock, but the pack was disbanded when Piety's previous mate passed away." Lorcan still felt his chest tighten as he talked about Wraith now. He blinked, swallowing down the lump in his throat before forcing the smile back to his lips. "I guess you could call this a fresh start for all of us..." He added, trying to sound more upbeat.

The male's head tilted to one side as @Daesamar questioned again if it was just friends who made up the pack. Pale brows rose with intrigue. Lorcan couldn't help but feel like the young male was trying to hint at his own interest in joining. "Just friends and family at the moment..." Lorcan replied coolly with a smile. "Though that isn't to say that we would turn away new faces. Individuals who can prove their skills to us will almost always be welcome." Lorcan hinted, tilting his head to one side and eyeing the darker male with interest, curious to see how he would react. 
(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2018, 02:18 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
He listened quietly, Piety’s previous mate had died. the news was surprising, though he had only known the female alpha briefly during their last encounter, it still was saddening news, something hard for anyone to shallow. A soft whine escaped the youth as his ears fell back against his skull sorrowfully. “I’m sorry to hear that sir, I’m sure he was a good man o her, just as you appear to be.” So it was all friends and family right now, though something @Lorcan said did confuse the young wolf.

Daesamar cocked his head to the side, the confusion clear on his snout “A maddanock?” he parroted, unfamiliar with the term. His eyes widened when Lorcan mentioned the news that they wouldn’t turn new faces away either. His heart beat started to race under his fur as he licked his rubbery lips. “I was hoping you’d say that sir...I’d….like the chance to prove myself sir, and….there’s something else.” he paused, how would he phrase it? The youth was assuming quiet a lot right this “There’s someone else too sir, another wolf I’ve bumped into quite often, I...it’s weird to explain, she doesn't talk, but if you’d be willing...I’d like to inquire about the possibility of her too, she doesn't know I’m doing this, i’d talk to her first but, she’s helped me so much...I’d like to try and return the favor to her.”
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lorcan's own ears shifted back and his golden gaze darted away awkwardly from the dark male as he heard his sorrowful whine. Pale paws shifted beneath him uncomfortably, not knowing how to respond. The agouti male didn't like to bring up Wraith's death in conversation but he also knew that avoiding the topic all together and portending that it hadn't happened would be damaging to everyone's mental health. They needed to be open and grieve together. At Daesamar's condolences, Lorcan's returned a small smile. "He was, and I try to be." Every day. He said quietly, before his salmon pink tongue brushed across his lips.

His smile grew as the yearling asked about the monadnock. "Monadnock." He quickly corrected before explaining. "It's a very large rock, like a small mountain, that's flat at the top. If you go north to the lowlands you can't miss it." To Lorcan, the large rock structure was impressive. It easily dominated the northern landscape. Noticing Daesamar's silver eyes widen as he hinted at accepting new wolves into the pack, Lorcan perked his ears up ready to hear what the yearling had to say. He was not surprised to hear that Daesamar was interested in joining them, it had been rather obvious for a while now since they had first started talking, but, he had not expected the boy to mention someone else as well.

A single pale brow raise curiously as he listened. "I can't give you a definite answer until either me or Piety meet her ourselves." He replied honestly. How else would they know if this female would be a good fit? Odysseia had been close to Cheedo but her attitude had been entirely wrong for the pack. They would have to judge Daesamar's friend for themselves just like they had Odysseia. "But if you'd still like to join us, the next time you visit bring us something that highlights your skills. Your friend too, if she so wishes — though I can make no promises for her just yet, you understand?" 
(This post was last modified: Mar 30, 2018, 04:32 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive XI. Subordinate
Daesamar Silverveil
The yearling nodded, bobbing his head exictedly when Lorcan didn’t flat out refuse. His response was along the lines of what Daesamar had expected. A fair chance to prove themselves, now, he just had to bring the idea up to @Anaeia and see if she’d be on board with it. If she wasn’t, he didn’t know what he’d do, the youth had come to like the silent female’s company, popping up when he had least expected it, scaring the shit out of him. Now. he had gotten to the point where he eagerly turned every corner, expecting, no hoping he’d bump into her again. His grin widened at the thought of it, now, he just had to find her again, which was apart of the fun.

“That’s al lI can ask of you sir, I apologize for the surprise in regards to mentioning her, but thank you for the opportunity.” He pulled himself tom his paws, his tail waving excitedly as he dipped his head once more “I’d like to go and find her now sir, and see what she thinks about it, I've yet to mention the proposition to her.”