Bing, Aven, Google, Neva, Sophrosnia, Jadon

besides, no ones interested in something you didn't do — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Ghost who has 42 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wendigo
@Revon

wheat kings and pretty things

The first thing that Wendigo was aware of was a sharp pain above his left eye, stabbing enough to make his face twitch. It was waking up from the deepest slumber imaginable but someone biting his eyebrow and breaking the skin. The yearling tried to jerk himself away from whoever was bothering him without opening his eyes, expecting it to be Rhamnus when the sudden motion took his breath away. Gasping for air the orange eyes flew open, blinking hard in an attempt to steady the world around him from the dizzing swirl it had become.

For a few moments he could do nothing but squeeze his eyes shut against the fuzzy black clouds blocking his vision. Then it all came back to him. He had gotten Revon back but her father had found them and while he had done what he could the last thing he remembered was the sickening feeling of the freefall. He clearly hadn’t fallen far enough to kill him and his survival instincts kicked in. Opening his eyes despite the pain he became aware of the metallic scent surrounding him and the sticky feeling of his forehead that clearly indicated where the blood was coming from.Pain pounded through his skull, throbbing hard with each of his heart beats enough that he squinted with every squeeze.

Wendigo had been so focused on where he did feel pain that it took him several moments to realize where he didn’t. It wasn’t just an absence of pain, there was no feeling at all lower than his hips. Perhaps the worst realization of all was that he was paralyzed, and he probably wouldn’t make it off of this mountain.

let's just see what the morning brings

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2018, 04:01 AM by Wendigo.)
I have adoptables! pm Ghost for details.
Played by Arla who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer

No, no! No!

She scrambled down the edge of the mountain, her deer-like legs working nimbly around the patches of ice that sent the yearling tumbling off the mountain. Her father had almost joined him, narrowly avoiding the fall after he attempted to show Wendigo the errors of his ways. She hadn’t expected anything less from the Archer king. But this—she hadn’t expected this. A swell of fear had bubbled within her chest, causing her feet to react instinctively as she hurried to the edge of the cliff. Even her father had looked surprised—almost frightened. She looked to him for a moment, waiting to be dismissed before disappearing down the ledge in search of her sort of friend.

He can’t be dead!

But he should have been.

Probably wished he was considering the amount of blood that pooled around his body.

She gasped, her bottom jaw falling slack as she stumbled toward him, her head shaking in disbelief. I’m s-sorry, she choked as she collapsed at his side, her fiery eyes seeking out his familiar orange pools. I d-didn’t kn-know—d-didn’t know that’d h-happen. Suddenly she became furious, the corners of her eyes prickling with tears. She hadn’t realized how much she’d grown to like the dark yearling after their time together. I told you! I told you! Stay behind! But he hadn’t listened! He’d persisted on taking her to the mountain—to her parents. This could have all been avoided if he had only listened to her!

Inactive Deceased
Wendigo

It took him several moments to realize that he was no longer alone on this mountain shelf. Her voice was loud in his ears, disorienting and his orange eyes looked blankly straight before finally seeking her out. Revon. She was apologizing and at that Wendigo shook his head, his voice was hoarse, ”I got you home.” It wasn’t much of an explanation, but to the yearling it was absolutely everything.

His eyelids fluttered for a moment as he tried to make sense of all the thoughts that were swirling around his head, all the emotions building within him. Building up, threatening to rip open his damaged body and finally end him. How ironic would that be? Dying because of emotions instead of at the teeth of his father, or Revon’s father. He had a problem with fathers. The thought brought out a humourless laugh, just one chuckle sounding so out of place in this situation. ”I did something good.” That had to be enough.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There are several fresh rabbit tracks in the mud. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer

Yes, he had gotten her home, but at what price? He had lost—was losing—his life in the process. Had it been worth it? Revon didn’t think so. She’d never seen a wolf die before; she didn’t want to. But, here she was, the broken yearling at her paws with blood pooling around his body. Dying. She swallowed the lump that had formed in the back of her throat, her tongue feeling swollen and dry as she shuffled closer to him, ignoring the warmth of the metallic liquid against her fur. But you co-could’ve d-d-done better, she fumbled as her nose pushed into his dark fur, you’ve co-could’ve lived. But he had gotten her home, just as he’d promised. For that she was thankful. Even though they had met under undesirable conditions (and she had hated him in the beginning) Revon was glad to have known him, even if it had only been for a handful of weeks. Thank you for bringing me ho-home, she breathed, her fiery eyes blinking shut as she attempted to provide a few moments of warmth to his broken body before he faded away…

Inactive Deceased
Wendigo

Wendigo shook his head so hard at her words that his vision blurred and he was dizzy enough for a moment that he gagged. Shuddering the yearling became aware of a seeping cold that had started somewhere in his dead legs and was creeping up his spine. He knew that this would be the end of him and he didn’t want Revon to see it, but he was too selfish to send her away.

He had lived most of his life all alone, an outcast and he couldn’t bring himself to die alone now. Not, not if she was willing to stay with him. His only friend in his short troubled life.

”If I had lived, I wouldn’t have ended with a good thing.” He would have ended with a million bad things instead, one good thing buried by a million bad things.

He laid his head down on her paws after she thanked him and said nothing, it seemed like too much effort to talk now about a simple apology. He wasn’t sure he had ever been thanked about anything before, was it supposed to feel this nice? Or does it only feel nice when you’re about to die?

Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer

As much as she wished it was all some cruel, sick, twisted joke, Revon knew that the gangly yearling had met his demise. She knew, by the state of shock her father had been in, that the tumble over the edge of the mountain had not been deliberate. That his death had not been planned—at least, not this way; not with Revon watching. But, maybe this was what was supposed to happen. It seemed only fitting that Wendigo lost his life to the mountain when he was supposed to be the one to take the life of someone—her life, more specifically—on the mountain.

She remained at his side despite the uncomfortable pool of blood that settled beneath the both of them. … I wouldn’t have ended with a good thing. There was no point in arguing with a dying wolf. Revon was learning that very quickly. Wendigo had, unexpectedly, become a good thing in her life, even though he had been meant to kill her. It didn’t matter. Not now; not ever. At least he had rectified his mistakes in the end. Had made use of his short, twisted life. Wh-Whatever, she choked out as she rested her cheek against his own, seeking comfort in his broken body. How strange… he was the one dying, yet she was the one seeking consolation… If you’re lucky I’ll m-miss you, she added, her voice barely above a whisper a heavy sigh exhaled from deep within her chest.

She was going to miss him regardless. He had helped her beyond just bringing her home to the mountain, and she hoped that he knew that without her having to waste breath on dying ears.

Inactive Deceased
Wendigo

Wendigo had always found Revon intriguing, her spitfire attitude paired with a naive trusting view on life was something he had never seen before. But, somewhere along the way his curiosity for her had morphed into affection and somehow a strange friendship had blossomed between the two. Even now, in what would surely be his last few minutes his thoughts only lingered on his sister briefly before he realized he didn’t need her. Not now, not when he had the pup by his side.

Whatever. The word as always brought a laugh to his lips, but it was short lived and died out with an uncomfortable gurgling cough. If he were a human and knew of such things Wendigo would have requested the word, whatever, be carved onto his tombstone. The teen couldn’t find the strength to lift his head from her paws so instead he strained his orange eyes to look up at her, ”I will miss you.” There was no hint of hesitance in his voice, it was a statement and it wasn’t even a lie. Oh how nice it would be to have his life end in something other than a lie.

He pressed his cheek against hers when she settled next to him, a silent embrace between friends and for a moment he could see what could have been. If things had been different, if everything had been different. If he had delivered her to her father and convinced him he was leaving and wouldn’t be any trouble and settled somewhere off the mountain. All alone of course, but Revon would visit occasionally and when they would talk she would say whatever at least twenty times a visit. ”It would have been nice.” Wendigo didn’t even really realize that he had said it out loud, it was getting harder to think clearly as the fog invaded his brain.

Inactive No Rank
Revon Argyris Archer

Another heavy sob caused her chest to heave and her eyes to leak more salty tears. He was going to miss her… how was this fair? How was any of this fair? They could have been friends—could have endured more adventures together. Consensual adventures that didn’t involve her being lured away from the mountains. There was still territories to be explored; rivers and valleys to be seen. In her short life she had not acquired many friends as she had adopted some of her father’s traits and kept to herself. The scarlet Archer didn’t mind; she enjoyed being on her own most of the time. But Wendigo was the first wolf (besides family) that she could actually stand to be around, even if the origin of their friendship was unconventional. Th-thank you, she hiccuped into his fur as she ignored the spread of warmth against her russet fur, her amber eyes blinking shut as she inhaled his familiar scent. It’s g-gonna be borin’ without you, y’know? Nobody to tease; nobody to annoy. No one to say whatever to when she was proven wrong or frustrated. 

Inactive Deceased
Wendigo
Fade and archive with your next post <3

Sometime after she had thanked him Wendigo had closed his eyes without even realizing it or being conscious of the choice. The fog was quickly leaving him exhausted and his whole body was cold enough that he was shivering, the places where Revon leaned on him felt on fire in comparison. The yearling knew that he was out of time and this would be the last moment that he remembered, if you even had memories after this. Suddenly he realized that he had never spared any time thinking of what came next and the unknown was terrifying. Feeling her beside him he mustered all the strength he could to say, ”Don’t be scared and,” And what? Dragging in a ragged breath he gave her one final smirk, ”And always assume someone is sneaking up on you.” That was what he had taught her down in the meadows. How fitting that it was all he could think so say now.

The smirk faded as Wendigo’s body slowly went limp. The teen was nothing but a broken shell now.

(This post was last modified: May 27, 2018, 08:49 PM by Wendigo.)