(See All?) Announcements
785 Users Online
Bing, Google, Baidu

I need some friends. — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Join thread for Alvar into Wild Rye Fields. @Jessie please. Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar was still hot with rage after his incident at Driftwood Surge, the older male had better have held his promise or else. After wandering for over 2 weeks in the countryside he finally found the markers to the pack's territory, it smelled like grass, pine and warm stones. He stood at the edge of the territory and looked down at his paws, there were the 2 rabbits and 1 lemming he had caught on the way here, a satisfactory catch if he did say so himself.

He looked ahead, thought... "Well then Lachesis looks like you will regret this missed opportunity." and shouted "LEADERS OF WILD RYE FIELDS!!!! I come with good will!" He sat down and admired the sights around him, ths would be a good place to live...
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
1/3 guardian demonstration
adelayde artemieva
turn the lights down low

Returning from the peak late that night after a refreshing moment away from the rye fields, she was content to return and try to rebuild what was left. It was tough to think of all the uncertainties that lie ahead, her pregnancy, the new leadership, and the absence of members within the fields. They would need able bodies soon, especially if her and Laike were going to be raising a litter together. Ade supposed it was another reason she frequently visited the unclaimed tundra in case she came across someone who was looking for a home.

However, today she didn't need to venture across the borders to find someone. Instead, he shouted at their doorstep. The large tawny woman had been patrolling the borders that morning, so it didn't take her much time to reach the agouti male. She was sure @Laike would make his way over to investigate along with Jessie if she was feeling up to it. Rabbit and lemming lay at his feet, a brow raising at the sight of them. At least he came with gift. Tawny banner high upon her back, a smile tugged on her ebony lips as she stopped a few yards away from him. What brings you to Wild Rye Fields?

Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
guardian demonstration 1/3

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

He did not appreciate the tone of the stranger, the loudness and how he seemed to already know them. The stocky male was not far behind his diligent mate. His stance was dominant and strong as he came to a stop next to Adelayde. The meals at the loner's paws were nice but that didn't mean they'd be enough.

"And who are you?" He tacked onto the end of his mate's words, voice deep and rough. Did he perhaps know someone here? Maybe he had visited the Fields before? If so it must have been before the Artemieva had come to live here.

art by kydnt
(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2018, 09:25 PM by Laike.)
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
@Adelayde and @Laike this will be fun! Thanks for the good setup for the conversation! :) Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar could see a large woman coming towards him with another male not far behind. This was hopefully going to be easy. Looking at them he could see that the woman was very interested in why he was here, the male... not so much. They bore an interesting look about them and seemed like they were at least somewhat receptive to him showing up without any warning, that was at least a better welcome than Lachesis had given him. Here he could at least try to start with a fresh slate.

He took a somewhat submissive stance and stated his business. "I am Alvar Forsberg of the northern land beyond the lore. I have come here looking for nothing more that a place to call home, I will fight, hunt, guard, and give my life if need be to gain your true trust. I offer you these gifts..." He pushed the prey forward, mouth watering a tiny bit. "I hope this works." He continued... "I hope they are sufficient to show you that I can be a valuable asset to a pack. With that he went into a full submissive stance and begged internally for this to work.
(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2019, 01:08 AM by Alvar.)
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
2/3 guardian demonstration
post order: Ade → Laike → Alvar 
adelayde artemieva
kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Thinking back to when she was first accepted into the Rye, there weren't many promises or declarations of loyal said. Her joining was simple. Meeting @Askan on the shores of the lake had sparked an interest and she supposed he thought she was worthy enough to take to Drestig to get his opinion. Now here she was almost a year and half later still in the same place and position. Her loyalty was never spoken, but it coursed through the Rye fields.

The man before them spoke plenty of words about loyalty, trust, and duties. The only remark that Adelayde could truly believe was that he was looking for a place to call home. Everything else was fillery, words to embellish his story to make them believe he was more wolf than he truly was. Granted, Adelayde could eventually believe his words (she wanted to believe the best of everyone), but Alvar would have to prove it to her that he wouldn't just be another one accepted into the Rye, just to disappear months later.

Why did you leave your homeland? Adelayde wanted truth, something to believe and perhaps this could give her insight into whether or not he would leave them once summer warmed the Lore.

(This post was last modified: Mar 28, 2018, 02:19 PM by Adelayde.)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
New posting order: Jessie -> Laike -> Alvar -> Ade

A voice yelling across the dead fields jarred the Rye Queen from her thoughts. A deep frown marred her face, emerald eyes turning to look in the direction of where the voice had come from. It was unfamiliar to her and yet the man that called seemed to have it in his mind that he had known them his whole life. Despite the crushing feeling of wanting to curl up into a ball and wallow in her own misery, she knew that it would do her pack no good - no good to be in the state she allowed herself to be in after the passing of Hotei and it was certainly not what Drestig would want. Things were different now...she had to ensure that things were right for the pack, that her children were cared for, but even though there was the desire and need there, the fresh wound and reminder of Drestig's passing still weighed heavily on her heart.

Never the less, Jessie forced herself onto her paws and towards the borders, emerald eyes scanning the open fields, their golden color finally returning with the tide of spring. He had loved this place and in turn, it had made Jessie love it even more, but now that he was gone there just seemed to be a certain dullness about the area. Tongue was pressed hard against the back of her teeth as she neared the border, the scents of Laike and Adelayde strong on the wind, along with that of the strangers. Huffing of softly, the woman's tail waved high above her back as she stepped forward, cold emerald eyes looking over the stranger - Alvar - he'd said. The Tainn's jaw tightened as the man offered his gift to them, an offering to lure them into a false state of security about him. Loyalty meant nothing to her unless it was given over time and her trust was certainly not earned easily.

The monochrome woman's ear flicked at Adelayde's question, the Rye Queen nodding her head in agreement before adding on her own sentiment, "And how did you know about our home?" Now that she was here, the pepper-and-salt colored woman could confirm that she definitely did not know this man, by appearance nor scent. As far as she knew, no one else had been out of the Rye since the death of her mate aside from herself.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
guardian demonstration 2/3

LAIKE ARTEMIEVA

He stayed silent as the scene unfolded before him. His brows dug together firmly as the male took on a fully submissive stance. He would have perhaps said some but the large male felt a twinge of surprise upon hearing Jessie's voice but needless to say, he was a bit relieved. Surely the elder female would have a more trained eye (and ear) for this kind of situation. Laike knew that almost without a doubt he could learn from her in these kinds of situations.

His ears leaned forward as he patiently waited for an answer. Hopefully it was a worthy one. While they could stand a boost to numbers, it wouldn't do them good to fill the ranks with false hope.

art by kydnt
(This post was last modified: Apr 03, 2018, 09:34 PM by Laike.)
[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Nice, this will be tricky for him. Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar listened to the questions that came to his ears, justified questions that doubted his purpose and honesty. "Well then here goes nothing." He thought to himself, rising out of the stance and looking at the group, not making eye contact of course. He cleared his throat and began to speak. "I left my home because of a lack of adaptability in my own pack..." Something told him not to say anything about his sister being lost during a hunt. "And a lack of tolerance for me, as I was the runt of my litter. I suggested a different method of hunting when I was young, and acted on it. This unfortunately resulted in a loss of the kill. After seeing that I would not blindly follow orders, my father and mother drove me off, simply because I suggested a change in method."

He stared at them for a split second and continued... "As far as the matter of how I knew about you, I was told to come here by Lachesis, Leader of Driftwood surge. He sent me away from his pack because he was afraid of overcrowding his pack. He said you may have more room for wolves, and despite my anger at him for such a stupid excuse.... I listened and came here to you. In good faith and with hope of proving myself to you."
(This post was last modified: Feb 17, 2019, 01:09 AM by Alvar.)
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
3/3 guardian dem
adelayde artemieva
blame it on the hormones

The dutiful and lawful second lowered her dominant stance once the monochrome matriarch approached the scene, her seafoam gaze glanced in her direction briefly before returning to the stranger at their doorstep. She was relieved to see the widow out and about, knowing how hard this was for her. Ade only wished there was more she could do to help. After asking a question for Alvar, Jessie added one of her own, her tawny ears alert to hear what the loner had to say. His story seemed believable enough, though she could never imagine hating one of her children just because they were different. Her unborn children will never feel animosity from their parents, only the strongest love and devotion imaginable.

While answering Jessie's question, the stranger spoke about @Lachesis in an unpleasing fashion for the tawny woman, warranting a twitch of raised lips from the normally friendly girl. Any reason of Lachesis' is never a stupid excuse. Mind the way you speak of leaders, especially our allied ones. That was the only thing she would say to the loner, allowing Jessie and Laike to take the floor as leaders of the Rye.

(This post was last modified: Apr 06, 2018, 04:56 PM by Adelayde.)