(See All?) Announcements
363 Users Online
Google, Bing, Miriam, Ozark, Oleander, Finley

carve it out — Pookastone Scowle 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

In the wake of all that had gone on since the last moon, Nellie thought that digging out a place for a medicine den seemed like a minuscule thing. Like one of those last minute detail things that didn't really matter, because everything else was disproportionately large, so she felt almost... embarrassed to ask @Macha if she'd help find a spot. Maybe it was something she deserved to do alone. Maybe if she carved out a piece of the Earth with her own paws, it'd somehow rectify the fact that she had completely, and utterly failed. Of course, she knew it wouldn't. This failure would rest solely on her shoulders for the rest of time, and now she'd have to learn to live with it. She was an Archer, after all.

Played by Maeby who has 144 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Macha Archer

Macha hadn't been doing much of anything with her time this afternoon when as if almost by fate she spotted Nellie in the near distance. The pup looked upset, and justifyingly so if it was for the reason she had assumed. Man, this really did more to some of these wolves than she ever could of imagined, huh? Well, said plenty before and now again, the past was in the past and Macha was the only one making herself feel guilty over this so if she wanted to move on she was going to have to just do it. With a quiet sigh, the fae trotted up to her pack mate, allowing a soft bark to show the female that she had now been present with her. Perhaps at the very least she could see to it that their grieving stages go by as quickly and as painlessly as possible. If at all possible.

[Image: 9lnGsxY.png]
[Image: Ms48YtV.png]
Check profile for preferences, Noemie can jump into any of my threads at any time.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

Macha's bark caused Nellie to jump, as if she'd just been caught doing something wrong. Turning to face her cousin, the girl offered an unsure smile, though her gaze remained fixed on the soil beneath their paws. "Sorry I was jus' gettin' ready ter.. ter dig out a medicine den." The dark girl looked from her paws, up to her silver-eyed companion. "Yer... Yer wouldn't 'appen ter be busy would yer?" If she was, then that was fine. Elenora planned on moving the Earth herself anyway.

Message me for threads! Especially if you've got an Archer or a Lyall!
Inactive No Rank
Macha Archer
Macha ARCHER
You are the vision I'm looking for.

Although she'd feel a bit guilty for it later, Macha couldn't help but allow her face to light up as her friend asked for her help. "Oh, no! Not at all! Nellie, I'd love to help." She flashed a light smile to the fae, closing the distance between the pair. "Though this will be my first time. Are you going to get upset if I end up getting in the way?" She couldn't imagine an outcome like that, Nellie had always been so kind to her. Plus, this would be a good start to Macha's redemption ark, so she'd hoped the fae would just allow her to help regardless.

Check profile for preferences, Noemie can jump into any of my threads at any time.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

Her cousin was always so... willing. Unlike her brothers, who were always off doing something, or her sister who had decided to find some other place of refuge. It was nice. "Knew I coul' coun' on yer." Even though Nellie had wanted to fix her mistakes by carving the den out herself, she thought that maybe Maeve wouldn't mind another set of paws. Gods knew the silver fae was always trying to get out of work herself.

Nellie an easy smile to play at the corners of her lips at Macha's response. "I've never dug one myself. Can't imagine yer'd get in th' way." After all, the dens at Torbine had already been dug long before she had been born.

Inactive No Rank
Macha Archer
Macha ARCHER

Macha nodded at her family member's words, tail swaying behind her in a bout of excitement. This would be good for the young Archer. Hells, maybe it would be good for both of the young Archer's. Examining the landscape, the near-yearling couldn't even begin to understand where the pair was supposed to begin on the project. Hopefully her cousin had a better idea, or at least knew someone who could help get them started if it came down to it.

"Soo, what are we looking at here..? Is this where we're putting it?" She asked, paw stamping down on the ground that laid before them.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

Nellie surveyed the area where Macha stomped her paw, and a frown creased the corners of her lips. "Nah, I was thinkin' somewhere shady. Keep th' sick ones out ah th' sun 'n all tha'." Her pale eyes scanned the horizon, and her frown only deepened. "Don't want it ter be in a busy place neither." Which eliminated the very heart of the territory, and all of the stone rises in turn. Couldn't have anyone making a ruckus while someone was trying to sleep off an injury. "Gotta be under a strong tree. Nice, and big. Healthy ter." Macha seemed interested in trees. Maybe she'd have an idea.

Inactive No Rank
Macha Archer
Macha ARCHER

swear warning

Macha watched the fae as she expressed her ideas and concerns. The statements all made sense, though the Archer still wasn't able to paint a clear picture of what the yearling had in mind. Somewhere shady and a bit secluded, and obviously it had to be within pack boarders. That left severe limits, as she couldn't think of many locations that fit the description without involving a shit ton of work. It was then that her company mentioned something about a tree, and an idea sprung into the witches mind. "Oh!! We have A couple of willow trees within the boarders! I think one of them might fit that description perfectly! Oh goodness what a great idea! Did you know that willow trees carry magical properties dealing in both protection and healing?!" She was clearly hyped, disregarding the fact that her friend probably didn't give a shit about properties she likely didn't even believe in.

Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

Nellie smiled as Macha rambled on, clearly in her element. It was nice to see. A little good to offset the bad. A little fire to ward off the cold. "Well that'll be helpful." Whether or not she actually believed it, the Archer figured it couldn't hurt, and she'd take all the help she could get. Not that she was insecure in her abilities, but she hadn't completed her training in Torbine. Still, the fact that she had any training there at all should put her above average in the medicine wolf category, so it was what it was. "Now let's see this tree." Her words were finished with the broad wave of her tail as she padded off after her cousin.

Inactive No Rank
Macha Archer
Macha ARCHER

It really wasn't that far a walk, from where they had originally been to the tree. Macha looked eagerly at her cousin for any sort of approval. After all, it was a pretty magnificent piece of earth to anyone who had an eye for that sort of thing, though perhaps even so it might not fit the vision that her company had had in mind. "It shouldn't even take much work on our part, but if this isn't the place then we can continue to keep brainstorming.. I know of maybe one or two more tree's that could work, but this one's the one I think fits best."