(See All?) Announcements
577 Users Online
Bing, Google

Bring the Thunder — Shallows Edge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
@Remington , Askan wants to test Rem before he gives her the title of guardian  (or the edgy alternative of it anyway, how does warden or keeper sound to you?)

After some thought Askan decided that Rem would be suitable for the role, that she'd hung around long enough to regain his trust. That said, he wanted to be absolutely certain before he handed over the title. Having served as a guardian before he knew that it wasn't an easy role, that it was demanding and tough-especially if loners insisted on disrespecting their borders and playing dumb when they got called out.

With a scowl, Askan hurried alone to the lake shore and slowed to a trot, his tail swishing behind him in an obvious display of confidence. He wrestled with Reyes all the time but the prospect of having another go, with a new opponent put a spring in his step. Besides, Rem had once said she grew up with brothers, surely she was used to a bit of rough and tumble. He tipped his head skyward and let out a call for his subordinate before settling down on his rocky throne, his tail tapping at the stone whilst he waited.

Askan & Reyes
(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2018, 07:53 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Switch who has 145 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Remington
I like Keeper the best.
And then you get up and get up and get up again

Reyes had no objection about her request which made it sound like Askan shouldn't either. Still she wondered if he was a bit apprehensive about it. If he still wondered when she'd turn her back on it all. But, it was about time she did something more...was somebody? No,that didn't sound right. She was someone, and she did stuff for the Edge. In the end she supposed nothing felt like enough. A role, she believed, would help. It was a step closer to what she thought she wanted. There was no doubt she would earn it...if she could..

It all weighed on her as the Selwyn called for her to join him. Thank the gods she didn't stink any more! She wouldn't have thought this the best idea. As she trailed behind his prominent trail she wondered if this was just a training session. If any of the pack would be watching. Swiftly, she tossed the thought behind her. She needed to prove herself to her leaders. It was all that mattered.

"Your rang?" She greeted, an easy smile, while her lowered tail swept at her hocks. She was a bit nervous for this test, but also eager to get to it.

(This post was last modified: Apr 09, 2018, 08:57 PM by Remington.)
[Image: se_by_a_yellow_bird-dc2z4ij.png]
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Guardian dem 1/3.
Askan is making the first move here.

Askan wasn't left waiting long, that pleased him greatly as the last thing he wanted to do was sit around for an eternity waiting for his sparring partner to show. Pushing himself to his paws, Askan hopped down from his rocky throne and rolled his shoulders, as he waved his tail in greeting. His bright eyes gleamed as his appraised his opponent, she was about the same height as him, perhaps a smidge smaller? But there was little to it, they were more or less on par- even if Askan carried more bulk than she did.

"You want to be a guardian huh? Gonna have to get through me first, think you can manage?" He asked, his tail swinging high as a wicked grin tugged at his lips.

He tipped his neck from side to side, then bowed down into a stretch to loosen and limber up. It had been a while since he'd sparred with someone who wasn't Reyes. He'd missed it honestly, Reyes was a challenge but by then he was used to his mate's habits and methods, it was about time he switched things up. Tested his skills on someone new.

"Keep it friendly. You make me bleed and I'll do the same." He imagined that was enough, Rem wasn't an idiot nor was she a kid who didn't know any better. "Ready?"

With that he lunged forward, narrowing the space between them in one sudden motion. He wondered how she'd react to the head on attack, would she try to side step or met him in the middle? He had little time to dwell on it as he was soon upon her, up in her space, so close he could hear her the air leaving her lungs. With a grunt, he rammed into her shoulder with his own, his nails digging into the dirt to lessen his momentum. He could've hit harder, but that wasn't the point of his exercise, but it was a good whack nonetheless. Would she stumble back or hold her own? For the sake of her aspirations he hoped it would be the latter.

Askan & Reyes
(This post was last modified: Jul 15, 2018, 01:01 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Remington

There was no doubt she wasn't his equal. She didn't stand nose to nose, and no doubt he had a lot more to throw around. He had actually been a guardian. This was gonna hurt.It was enough to shake her confidence, but she didn't let the feeling linger. Even if he seemed a bit too eager to test her. Hey if she didn't have what it took better to find out now. Instead of failing when it really mattered.

"I guess we'll find out," she answered with the fainest smirk, glad her voice didn't leak with anxiety.

"Gotcha," she murmured, trying to find comfort in the idea. But, she hadn't sparred in awhile, and hoped she could keep the level of pain where it ought to stay in a "friendly" match.

He was nice enough to try to prepare her. A simple ready as his dark figure rushed for her. Why she felt like trying to dodge, she didn't want to shy away. That couldn't be her first instinct as a guard. Gritting her teeth, she prepared for the hit. He was considerably larger than her brothers had ever been, and her front paws slid slightly. Hey she wasn't flat on her ass, and took the opportunity to snake her jaws toward his neck.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Guardian dem 2/3
I love rem so much ;w; , such a good girl

Askan gave Rem credit where it was due. She didn't try to slink off to the side or to skitter away after the impact, she held her ground, her paws sliding in the dirt as she did all she could to remain upright. Good. Askan wasn't a man that was easy to impress, but he'd knocked more wolves on their asses with this technique than he could could. The fact that she took the brunt of it, even with some level of restraint on his behalf, was nothing to sneeze at.

She held promise, of that he was certain.

Jerking back, Askan's ears twitched as they registered the sound of teeth snapping at empty air. If he'd been a second slower she would have no doubt latched onto the loose fur of his throat. Clever, he'd give her that. Askan shot her a wily grin as he took a step back to assess his next move, his tail swished behind him but not in frustration. No, he was alert, but more than that he was enjoying himself. Remington was actually showing him a good time, go figure.

"All right all right. Enough prancing around, really hit me. I won't jump out of the way, say I'm some prick who won't stop flapping his lips. Put me in my place." He squared his shoulders, his posture short and squat. "Make sure I'm down and out."

He was sure he could take it...if not, then he'd put Pete to use.

Askan & Reyes
(This post was last modified: Jul 15, 2018, 01:01 PM by Askan.)
Inactive No Rank
Remington
thanks for waiting for me <3

Askan's lessons fit the meaning a lot better than the ones she had had with her brothers. They'd given her little advice in their spars. She simply had to try try again getting her ass kicked a lot before she began picking it up. Even now she wouldn't say she was great. The years away from home were becoming longer than the ones there.

She wasn't surprised he was swift enough to stay out of her reach. But, she was slightly afraid she'd done the wrong thing until she caught his expression. For it she could only smirk in turn. This wasn't bad at all. But, maybe that's why the young ones flocked. Askan rather knowing or not was a teacher many might not have in their life.

Her brows raised half in surprise at his request, but she smoothed her silver mask and nodded. She would do as he asked. Obviously if she couldn't she needed more lessons. Half holding her breath, she squeezed it out, her gold eyes studying his figure. Trying to imagine he wa a pest. Here goes nothing, she silently gulped.

Rushing forward, trying to use some speed, she tried to emulate his attack. Ramming her shoulders and chest, slightly to the side of his, using all her weight, and momentum to upset his balance.

Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
No problem!
Guardian dem 3/3

Askan did nothing to subdue his smile. Remi seemed a little aprehensive, as though she wasn't quite sure what to make of his request. He understood where she was coming from though, if Drestig or Jessie had ever asked him to knock them on their arse he would have been cautious, he supposed. This situation was a little different, Askan wasn't a feeble OAP unable to take a hit or two. He wanted to see what Remi had hidden up her sleeves, that's all.

He was of half a mind to bitch and tell her to get a move on, that they didn't have all day, but he could tell from the look in her eyes that she was readying herself. Sure enough, she didn't give him a warning. With a sudden burst of speed she came barrelling towards him, eyes alight and teeth gritted. Askan steadied himself as best as he could, spread out his gait as his ears flicked back against his skull just before the impact. She threw all of her weight into him and the Selwyn went tumbling backwards and landed on the ground with a resounding thud-and an ooof.

He laid there, quiet and still for a moment before he arched up his neck and sent Remington a toothy grin.

"Not bad."

Askan & Reyes
Inactive No Rank
Remington

Just like that, the hard wall she thought she'd come against moved! There was the smallest smile of delight. She'd done it! Perhaps she'd be ready after all! Suddenly, seeing him in his current predicament,because of her, her eyes got really big, really fast. Half in surprise and the other mild fear. "Oh shit!" She ran to him, with a readied apology on her lips. But, his grin stopped her. She had to laugh at the expression, and his compliment. It was probably the closet she'd gotten for awhile. Man, did it feel great. After all these years she was getting to do what she wanted.

"So I might be sorta ready then?" She smirked, not hiding the pride she felt. But she suddenly bit her lip, looking uncertain. "I hope this means this isn't my last lesson." It was a bit of a tease, since he was still one the ground. Still....she rather stay sharp, and be as best as she could. The Edge was a home she couldn't imagine leaving. Home, my home.

(This post was last modified: Jul 15, 2018, 06:49 PM by Remington.)
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

Askan rolled his eyes at her display of concern and in typical grumpy fashion flicked it away with an absent wag of his tail. Sure, he ached a bit but it wasn't so bad. If anything it was reassuring to know she was strong enough to knock him on his arse. Askan was not a light wolf, for what he lacked in height he certainly made up for in bulk. If anyone at the Edge was ready then it was her, or so Askan thought anyway. With a grunt he pushed himself up onto his stomach, his front legs extended in front of him as he peered up at her, his gaze as bright as ever.

Without having even realising things had changed between them, hadn't they? Any resentment he had once felt towards her had more or less dissipated. For a long while he'd wondered if she would just fade away again, as she had at Wild Rye Feilds. Her reasoning was...sound-ish, but contrary to his assumptions here she was. Would she stay even when things got gross and uncomfortable in spring? Time would only tell, but he was inclined to believe that she would. He hoped she wouldn't prove him wrong.

With a huff, the Selwyn hauled himself to his paws and shook out his coat. Remi seemed rather proud of herself and rather than being all flustered and annoyed, Askan let her have her moment. She'd earnt it.

"Maybe." Who was he kidding? She most certainly deserved a fancy new title and role. All they needed to do was think of a name... "So what...Guardian sounds kind of stuffy. Old fashioned." More than that it reminded him of his role in Wild Rye Field. Remi deserved something better, something different. "What do you want to be called?" He'd grant her this, she was going to be the one wearing the title after all, it only seemed fair.

Askan & Reyes
Inactive No Rank
Remington

He found a more comfortable position. She half thought about lying down with him. Then again she had too much energy. Feeling like she could run and whoop about what she'd done. Not sit still. Yet, she remained seated, almost poised as her mother would say. Finding she could trust in his look. In his actions he was never hiding his true thoughts.

He sat up, obviously weighing her question. She felt the tiniest bit worried. If maybe she had a lot longer than she thought. Or he was still not sure she could handle it. Remembering to stop holding her breath, an ear twitched. She wasn't quite getting what he was saying until he spelt it right out. She did get a title, but not Guardian. The Edge, and she should get better than that. Something that was theirs.

Golden eyes were terribly wide as it dawned on her. "I.." She half started, then actually clamped her lips. Her face crinkled in sudden thought. What would it be? She was the one who got to choose. Unless it was probably so ridiculous to Askan. She hadn't the faintest idea. Then she remembered her father's pack. Their titles had never been like others. He'd ben an ambassador because he'd failed at protecting.

"How about Keeper?" Then Remington the Keeper sounded like she was boasting or something so she went on to explain. "It's from my father's homeland. They called the homeland the keep, and the protectors keepers. But they had so much more they "kept" safe." Of course she tried to look like it if he didn't like it it wouldn't matter to her. If it was just a choice without weight. Expectations ruined things. After all he could tell her she wasn't quite ready, or he'd think on a name, and she'd still be happy she'd earned back some of the trust and respect she'd lost.