(See All?) Announcements
737 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis

wishful sinking — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
set 2 days after bear thread | morning (slight PP, let me know if i should change it!) @Oksana

Oksana was a busy-body, Lachesis knew that. Which is why it was difficult for her to remain inside the medical den despite her broken leg. She was determined to prove her worth to the pack and do whatever necessary to provide for it, even if her injury hindered her from doing so. He just worried that if she strained herself too much the break could worsen; there was only so much Lachesis could do for a broken leg. Most of the healing was up to the ebony Baranski and how much she rested (if she was resting). He knew he had spoken rudely to her when they were dealing with the bear, but XIX had his reasons. She was an easy target. Even if she had stayed out of harms way and observed there was potential for the bear to attack her. Lachesis could not risk that. There would plenty of learning opportunities in the future.

He followed her scent to the edge of the river, his chartreuse gaze seeking out her dark shape. Oksana? He called out, the corners of his lips drooping with worry. Do you have a moment to talk? He had put off seeking the young Baranski long enough; not just about the bear incident, but about everything. The move, her mother, her place in the pack. Lachesis was long overdue for a check-in with the little crow. 

(This post was last modified: Apr 01, 2018, 11:42 PM by Lachesis.)
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

It was early morning when Oksana made her way to the river, it was her favorite place to rest. The sound of the water made it easier for her to stay there all day. She’d been lucky in finding a place where the sun had melted away the snow from the smooth rocks of the river bank. Most of the morning had been spent napping on and off but the last time she opened her eyes she caught sight of a little water bird dipping around in the shallow water at the edge of the river. Her tail thumped quietly against the stones as she watched it's movements. It was the only part of her body that moved as she laid on her side watching the bird.

That was until she heard her name in the familiar voice of the surge alpha. She rose her head up to see his pale form coming toward her as he asked if she had a moment to talk. The crow wanted to be angry with him for waiting until now to come and speak with her, for the way he'd talked to her and all sorts of other reasons. She had not sorted it all out in her head so she smiled at him. I have lots of moments, are you sure it's just one that your seeking? She asked her tone quiet but cheerful as she rose until she lay sternally on the riverbed.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Maybe a few more than one, he hummed in amusement as the girl greeted him, his expression softening as he settled down a few feet away from her. While the topic of the conversation was serious he wanted to keep the tone informal. Lachesis wanted her to understand that he was not angry with her, nor did he think she was anything like her mother. He’d just been worried about her—more so now, with her broken leg, then he had been before. He’d promised to keep her safe, and while he may no longer be fond of her mother Lachesis was still a man of his word.

I wanted to talk to you about the incident with the bear, he started, getting straight to the point as his chartreuse gaze settled on her dark figure. The only reason I asked you to leave was because I was worried about your safety, he added as a frown blemished his pale features, with your injury you’re an easy target. I feared the bear would turn on you. It’s much easier to chase off a bear when it isn’t attacking. Watching the removal of the bear would have been beneficial for the girl, but there would plenty of opportunities for her to learn how to deal with intruders; when her leg was better. 

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

She hummed at his response, Well my day is clear so you can have as many as you like. She was glad when it seemed that this meeting of theirs would be a more relaxed conversation though she did not doubt they would talk about some serious topics. She could already think of a few. Oksana did want to be mad at him but she didn't think it fair when she hadn't even figured out all the reasons or if she should he angry with him. She felt it best to talk with him and hope that she could work things out through their conversation. As expected the first thing was the incident with the bear.

She nodded and listened as he spoke explaining himself. Her tail tapping a lazy rhythm against the rocks under her. I know and deep down I knew that was your goal that day. I just want to learn all I can and all I was thinking was that I was missing an opportunity. The tone you used I guess I felt I didn't deserve it but maybe I did and I just...sometimes I worry that you think I will end up like her or that I am already her. It's probably an unfounded fear that I have but I can understand if you do. After all she'd spent so much time with Inna and she looked exactly like her. She didn't think it was much of a stretch that he might see Inna every time he looked at her.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Maybe it was the nature of the season that had made Lachesis more overbearing than usual. Or, maybe it was because of what he had promised the girl’s mother. What had transpired between the ghost and Inna remained between them (and a few other members of the pack, including Lilya and Aytigin); it did not have anything to do with her daughter. While Oksana had taken on a few of her mother’s traits she was still her own wolf; free to make her own choices and do as he pleased.

Most importantly: free to keep out of her mother’s looming shadow.

He nodded respectively at her response, his pale features smooth as he listened to what she had to say. There will be plenty of opportunities in the future, he hummed with an amused curl of his lips, when your leg is better. Well, better-ish. Lachesis feared that her leg would never be the same after being broken even though he’d done his best to mend it. Breaks were tricky and didn’t always heal according to plan, as it depended mostly on the patient. I feared for your life, Sana, which is why I did not care about what tone I used. I just wanted you out of the way, and safe—that was all that mattered to me. His tail twitched, a sad smile pulling at his lips. I do not think you’re anything like her. You make your own decisions; forge your own path. Your mother had her good qualities, I won’t deny that, and I do hope you take those from her. But you are your own—how you want to live your life is up to you. I don’t compare you to her, and neither should you. Sometimes it was difficult not to compare the girl to her mother, as the two were almost identical in appearance, but he had to keep telling himself that she wasn’t Inna. Not unless she wanted to be.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

The thing about not being able to go out exploring or doing patrols or even hunting, she had a lot of time to think. Oksana had thought about her mother, and the day they were speaking of. She understood that though she was trying to put it all behind her there was still a lot she had to overcome. The feeling that she still was judged by her mother's actions while it had started to go away had not completely. She realized this and she hoped she had explained it properly to Lachesis. Knowing that he and her mother had their differences didn't mean she wanted to be at odds with him. He was her alpha but also her guardian, she recognized that so she wanted to be on good terms with him.

Again she listened as he spoke taking in all that he said and nodding. I admit at the time I didn't see that and I spoke harshly and also made an assumption I shouldn't have. I'm really sorry Lachesis. She looked at her paws. He'd spoken about her leg which that had been in her mind as well, Will it ever get better? She asked looking up at him. She smiled as he spoke of his thoughts when he'd spoken to her the day with the bear. I see that now and I appreciate all that you've done for me Lachesis. The care that you've shown me through all of this despite the things that my mother has done. It…, she swallowed it was hard to talk about them leaving, It hasn't been easy dealing with them leaving but it has helped having wolves like you around. It helps to keep me from feeling completely alone. She found herself nodding at his words as he spoke about now thinking she was like her mother and forging her in path. Her tail thumped the rocks under her. Before I got hurt at really was trying to, she admitted, I had this whole plan for what I wanted to do and everything but I fear my stupid mistake might keep me from it. She wouldn't let it keep her down. Everyday she told herself that she wasn't Inna, I want to get back to it as soon as I'm able.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

At least she understood, and she wasn’t angry with him. He should have explained himself sooner but there hadn’t been time for that—not with a large, sleepy bear staring them down. There had been no time for comforting, soothing words. Not when the harsh realities of the world were knocking on their doorstep. Not when Oksana could have been injured further. While he did not care much about Inna’s opinion of him, Lachesis knew that the raven mother would never forgive him if he allowed anything else to happen to the girl. He still blamed himself for her broken leg and hoped that it would, eventually, get better. But he knew that was wishful thinking. Breaks weren’t easy to heal and were seldom the same if they did.

He nodded, softly, to show that he forgave her. Her reaction, while harsh, was justified. He would have given the same reaction if the roles had been reversed.

Will it ever get better? A small frown appeared on his pale maw. I can’t say it will ever be the same, he answered truthfully, his expression grim as he studied the injured crow, but it seems to be getting better. Stronger. But she was testing her luck with her frequent excursions. I know you’re eager to return to where you were before, he added, his forehead smoothing as he softened his expression, but I can’t guarantee that you will get there. You have to be careful; patient. He pressed a soft lick to her forehead. In Driftwood you won’t ever be alone, I can promise you that. You will only be alone if you choose to be. Her mother had chosen to be alone and Lachesis hoped that she wouldn’t pursue the same path. 

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

Oksana was glad that they had the chance to talk about the incident with the bear. They were both able to share their sides and what they were thinking but more importantly she felt an understanding there. She also didn't feel that he was angry with her for her behavior despite having a right to be. She was also a little relieved that she had finally been able to express to him that she didn't want to be like her mother. Along with some of the things that she was feeling in regards to leaving in a behind and her father being gone. It was a process, she had learned that but she also felt she was dealing with it well and in time she was sure she would come to terms with it. Once she could get back to me in her life in Driftwood. One thing she was sure about in all of it, talking with Lachesis also helped, Driftwood was her home.

She had to ask him about her leg, Oksana needed to know if she was going to he like this forever or not. His admittance wasn't very comforting, she nodded as she looked down at her injured leg as he spoke of it seeming to be getting better and stronger. I've thought a lot about it. I haven't really used it so I think it would be best to take things slow for awhile once it's healed. What do you think? He was the healer after all and while it made sense to her she knew she could get wrong too. He then spoke of her being eager to return to where she was and she nodded again, I am but I also don't want to do something to make it worse especially if you think there is a possibility it might not be the same. I wonder do you think I will be able to do all the things I was doing before or will there be things I can't do anymore? She wanted to know now so that she could deal with it and accept it. She offered a smile as he promised her she wouldn't be alone. I know, I have realized since coming to live here that there are so many wolves I can go to if I need help or just want some company. There is one that I am worried about though. Reid, he hasn't come back and I know he wouldn't just desert me. I am worried something happened to him.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Taking it slow would be a wise idea, he agreed with a soft, encouraging smile. Just to make sure that the injury didn’t flare up after it was healed, or that it appeared healed before it actually was. Breaks were tricky, even for the most experienced healers. There was no guarantee that it would ever return to normal. He hoped, for her sake, that it would—or, at least, mostly normal. Enough for her to function normally with only a few restrictions. If it was the role of scout she had been in pursuit of before her injury she might have to reconsider, as keeping on her paws wasn’t the best option for her, full recovery or not. She’d likely be better suited for the position of guardian, or healer, depending on what she was interested in.

I’m afraid I can’t answer that right now, he answered with a frown; it will depend on how your leg heals. Your routine will likely change, and you may not be able to do the same things as you were able to before. He didn’t want to be overly optimistic and get her hopes up, just in case something did go wrong. You just have to take it one day at a time. Don’t push yourself. Some stretches and light walking was acceptable, but attempting to hunt or patrol the borders wasn’t an option. Not unless Oksana didn’t want her injury to heal properly.

His ears twitched as she mentioned Reid, the scarlet male that had taken a liking to the young Baranski. I am sure he is fine. He hoped. Despite the peculiar relationship between the girl and the older male, Lachesis had liked the newcomer. He’d been loyal and tended to his duties without question; it worried him, too, that he had not yet returned. He is still new to the lands of Lore. It is possible he got turned around, or held up.

Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski

She smiled when Lachesis confirmed that taking it slow was a good idea. I will do that and I was thinking about swimming once the weather was better of course. I want to swim to the island in the lake one day but I know I have to practice and prepare for such a goal, she admitted. Though she felt a little awkward admitting such a thing to Lachesis she had made a promise that she intended to keep. She knew that she wouldn't be able to do a lot of things she used to at least not for a good long while. She'd done her best to keep quiet in the past weeks to allow her leg to heal properly and she would continue to do so but she also knew that she had to build the strength back up.

I understand, she said when he told her he couldn't answer her then. He went in to explain that it was all dependent on her and how it healed. I won't push myself, she promised, But I also don't want to be a burden on the pack. It's my fault this happened and they shouldn't have to pay for my mistake. With puppies coming and their numbers growing smaller she knew she was putting extra work on the rest of the pack and she felt bad for it.

She also wanted to ask about Reid because she missed him and was worried that something happened to him. She wondered if he was going to be someone else that she would have to get used to losing from her life. From the things Lachesis said she got the feeling that he didn't know what had happened either. She nodded, I’m sure you're right, he probably is and I hope he returns soon though. I miss him. There was another matter that she'd been meaning to discuss with Lachesis but in her current condition she wasn't sure it mattered much but she still wanted to let him know. At the meeting Lilya spoke of roles. I know right now I can't work toward one but I'm going to be a year old soon and I think that I need to make a decision.