635 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut

ancient spirals — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 50 posts.
Inactive Pup
Caelean Balik
@Mako || Morning, Few Clouds, 35.6 ° F, 2 ° C

The boy hadn't quite recovered from the beating he had received in the south. His wounds might have been healed but his emotions hadn't been patched up. He didn't dare to go to past the borders of the Surge. Maybe he wasn't comfortable here but he knew it would be far worse out there. Sometimes - like now - he tiptoed the line with a fearful curiosity. Certainly no one would be foolish enough to attack him if he stayed on the guarded side of the borders.

His features grew pensive the more he lingered. He was a fool for thinking things would get better just for joining up with a pack. While most wolves here seemed to be friendly with him, it was nothing like he had imagined it. Perhaps it was because he had always envisioned his mother with him. Mama's Boy had been a title he had earned and it seemed it was one he was going to keep.

With a huff, he turned around and began to walk back towards the heart of the territory. The Balik's head hung low, unaware of just what might be in front of him...
Played by Kydnt who has 135 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
Mako hadn't done this much socializing since he had left the coast. He'd talked to Lachesis and Matheo, and even called together a hunt. It wasn't much in the grand scheme of things, but for Mako and what still mostly felt like a bunch of strangers that he happened to live with, it got to be a little exhausting. He was mindlessly pacing along the border in solitude, pissing on the occasional tree.

Mako hadn't really been paying attention to where he was going, either. And Caelean was tiny, Mako couldn't be blamed for running him over any more than a moose could be blamed for stepping on an ant. Either way, Mako felt something bump into his chest.

"Hey!" He instinctively snarled, heavy limbs thrusting as he tried to untangle himself from the little speedbump he'd run over.
(This post was last modified: Apr 08, 2018, 07:25 PM by Mako.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Pup
Caelean Balik
He met the other's chest with a small thud. Before he could react there was a snarled Hey! Caelean quickly reeled back from the beefy figure. A whine escaped him as he tumbled back, his underside being exposed as his back met the earth. He didn't budge as his eyes squeezed shut. The small boy didn't know what the other planned on doing but he hoped he planned on doing it quickly.

One Selwyn yellow eye opened the slightest bit to catch a glimpse of the beast. They were much larger than Caelean would ever be. He knew that whatever they did would hurt for he couldn't fight someone who looked tripled his size from his position on the ground. Another pathetic, small whine slipped past his lips a sign of defeat.
[Image: CcTMB1g.png]
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
After Mako staggered back and gained his bearings from the collision, he was left looking down at the pale white wolf who had all but crumpled at his feet. Any lingering anger he'd felt quickly dissolved into fear. Oh gods, had Mako broke him? His amber eyes widened, ringed in white. "Shit-shit-shit-shit" Mako chanted, paws dancing unsteadily beneath him like an antsy horse before he rushed to the kids side. Lachesis was gonna kill him. His wet black nose prodded at the snowy white fur in investigation as a whine seeped out of the much smaller wolf.

"Shit, kid, hey, you alright? Anything broken? Can you get up?" The questions quickly rattled out of his mouth as he pulled back his probing snout to look down at the floundering wolf.
Inactive Pup
Caelean Balik
The prodding made him uncomfortable but he held his breath, belly up and eyes closed. He had opened himself to this kind of contact. There were a string of words and then a series of questions. Slowly the boy rolled over onto his stomach and stared at the large paws on the ground in front of him.

"I-I-I'm a-alright." He spoke in wheezy breaths. He was terrified but nothing was broken. At least nothing felt broken. He took his time pushing himself up off the ground, tail tucking tight between his legs. "Do-don't eat m-me." Caelean didn't know if that was what the older wolf intended to do but he felt better if he covered all his bases.

"I-I'm sorry." He whispered. It had been his fault after all, right?
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
He stared down at the little white wolf, waiting for the words to stammer their way out of him. He took another step back and kept his tail down, trying to assure him that he meant no harm. Did this kid really think Mako was gonna eat him? His packmate? Did Mako give off that impression somehow? Mako felt like an ass, but what else was new? "Course I'm not gonna eat you, whaddya take me for, a cannibal?" Mako groused, but his expression was soft. 

"It's fine, don't worry about it. It was an accident, I wasn't looking where I was going either." Mako added on quickly, trying to assure him that he wasn't really mad about it.

"And stop- Stop grovelling like that. It's weirding me out, man." He winced, glancing away slightly.
Inactive Pup
Caelean Balik
He felt stiff at the older male's words. Caelean didn't understand the term cannibal but if that was what a wolf eater was then sure, he mistook the male for a cannibal. Accident was a word the boy knew well though. He had both heard and used it plenty of times. Before he could try to say anything else he was told to stop what he was doing. Groveling.

It felt unnatural to try and lift himself up from his submissive stance. Caelean felt as if he had been born with rocks in his stomach that held him close to the earth. Not to mention it wasn't very hard to get low when he was already so short. When he found it in him to stand at his full height (yet his tail still slunk between his legs) the darkly caped male still seemed so high up - like the trees or even the sky.

He didn't know what to say but any more silence felt like it would cause him to explode with anxiety. "I-I'm Caelean." Introductions were a good next step after running into someone who you thought was going to eat you. Right?
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
As Mako looked back towards him, the younger wolf stood so slowly, it looked like he was peeling himself out of a tar pit. Mako just watched apologetically as the boy straightened out only slightly, tail still tucked far beneath his body. Mako realized now that even when they were both standing on equal ground, he still felt like he was looming over Caelean. Never had Mako found his size to feel like quite a disadvantage as it did now; he probably looked like a damned bear in comparison. Mako lowered his hindquarters to the ground, trying to at least minimize how much space he was taking up.

Though the scene was an improvement over the young wolf begging him for his life, Caelan looked like there was anyplace he'd rather be than here. Mako couldn't help the frown that pulled at the corners of his lips. They just bumped into each other, and he'd apologized, what else did he want from him?

"I'm Mako," Mako said in return. He sort of vaguely remembered them joining the Surge around the same time. "Where you headed?" He asked offhand, it seemed like the kid was headed somewhere before their collision course.