(See All?) Announcements
677 Users Online
Bing, Google

I was uptight, want to let loose... — Whisper Marsh 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hawthorn who has 35 posts.
Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
AW thread, Emmy needs more wolves to meet! Thoughts. speech.

The wind was cold and burned into her skin with icy fangs, the water around her in the marsh was ice, the willows were bare and seemed almost sad to her. Unfortunately the warm snap had not lasted too long, and winter seemed to be going out with a fight. "It's a bit of a shame, I was looking forward to some warm weather." She thought to herself while shivering in the snow. Her breath came in billows, as did the snow. She shuddered and came to the conclusion that shelter was needed.

It wasn't long before she finally found a place to sleep, a small indent under the roots of a willow. "This will do!" She thought cheerfully, and she got to work, collecting anything that was still usable as bedding. Cattails, leaves and moss were high on the list. All the time Emmaline worked though, one thing stayed on her mind... It was something that @Ravenna had said to her when they met. "The south of Relic Lore is crawling with archers." That unnerved the agouti girl, she had no interest in meeting any more of her family, who knew where they're loyalties would lie...

She looked down at her newly made bed and smiled... "A job well done. Icarus would be proud!" She sat down and stared out at the marsh.
Played by Ruru who has 11 posts.
Inactive
Xiaogou
[OOC:
hoping to make friends?? ]

Snow collected on top of Xiaogou's back making her brown fur appear marked with white dapples. She was shivering as she sniffed at the air, her stomach empty growling. She'd been walking the strange marsh for quite a while, her paws were tired of walking through the cold. There was a odd looking shelter she was walking to, not yet noticing that it was sheltering another wolf already. She etched closer to it before yipping in surprise, "Oh hello!" her tail swayed slowly as she looked slightly embarrased. Will she be mad at me for stalking up to her like that? she moved back a few pawsteps waiting for a reply.
Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
Who knows, they might click or they might not. :) Thoughts. Speech.

It was not long before the girl heard some rustling nearby to her, a bit of light movement that she didn't think much of. But after a moment or 2 passed, she heard a yelp and a startled jump from another wolf. Looking up, Emmy could see that this wolf was much older than her, and obviously in better condition to live here. Looking her over quickly, Emmy could see that the other had some scars on her, the most prominent one being the fact that her tail was all but bare.

The other wolf greeted her in a surprised manner, and stepped back to wait for a reply. Emmy was not about to just trust this wolf willynilly for no reason. She got up and stretched before looking at the other wolf, who by the smell was also female, and spoke to her in a manner that was fitting for the Archer bloodline... "Well, you seem okay. Tell me your name stranger, and I shall tell you mine." She held her head high and waited for a reply.
Inactive
Xiaogou
   She didn't expect the wolf to be a young pup, and without second thought let her guard down, though it was clearly already down for her not to have sensed the wolf before stumbling upon her. She instantly noticed the wolf's confidence and admired it. But why was this young pup out here all alone? She free'd the snow from her back with a shake.
"My name is Xiaogou." Her voice was quit raspy for a female but she spoke in a low voice, fog  formed around her black muzzle as she talked. She wagged her tail slowly, "Now yours?"
Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
Short, sweet and to the point, Nice. Thoughts. Speech.

Emmy watched the woman shake the snow from her back, an effort she deemed futile. Studying the woman, she could see that she was very strong, and possibly dangerous. This made her come to a decision that she would not provoke the older wolf, Xiaogou was her name.

Emmy twitched a bit at hearing the odd name, as it was definitely foreign from his land. The woman named Xiaogou asked once more for Emmy's name. "I am Emmaline Archer, I come from Torbine." She thought for a quick second and asked... "Am I to call you friend or foe?"
Inactive
Xiaogou
Xiaoguo dipped her head head, "That's such a formal name.." she quickly thought to herself.
"I definitely don't intend on making enemies tonight." she said. She didn't know where or what the Torbine was but she decided not to mention that to the confident pup. Instead she said "Where is your family? You're out here all alone?"
"was that to nosy?" she sighed to herself, her stomach rumbled, she was famished.
(This post was last modified: Apr 06, 2018, 11:23 PM by Xiaogou.)
Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
Thoughts. Speech.

Emmy listened to the lady as she said about how she did not wish to make enemies, and that was fine with her. "At least I won't have to fight." She thought to herself. She sniffed the air, and caught scents of Woodchuck and Turtles, but also got a snowflake stuck in her nose as Xiaogou was asking where Emmy's family was and why she was here alone. She thought for a second after she caught her breath and averted choking.

"My family is none of your concern. And as for my status of companionship, I am a loner just like you by your smell." She eyed the lady with a bit of suspicion until she heard Xiaogou's stomach rumble, then there was only compassion in her mind. Her gaze softening, she stated... "You sound hungry, let us hunt together, I smell some Woodchucks and turtles over there by the marsh." She started forward towards the marsh in a regal manner, head held high, tail lifted as a show of strength. But she was careful not to show aggression. She soon saw a woodchuck standing in some reeds, she looked at the other woman, and said... "You coming over? Or do I have to hunt for us both?"
Inactive
Xiaogou
She followed her towards the prey, mouth already watering. "I don't think a turtle would be very appetizing." she said with a laugh, "And it's nice to meet you." She had her eyes on the prey, stalking ahead of the her new acquaintance. "Isn't that a bit fortuitous that these woodchucks are here."
She came as close to the woodchucks as she could, taking another hesitant step before pouncing into the reeds, she grabbed one of the plump animals by its neck, a shiver of discust ran down her body as she felt her paws get wet from the marsh water.
With a satisfying snap of its neck she picked the limp body up and backed out of the reeds, ready to dig in.
Inactive VII. Yearling
Emmaline Archer
This is my last reply for tonight if you don't mind. Thoughts. Speech.

The girl chuckled a bit as the other lady said about not thinking turtles would be appetizing. "No, likely not." She replied, a smile on her face. "Yes it is a good thing that we found the woodchucks. And it's nice to meet you too." She watched the lady as she dove into the brush and come back out with a woodchuck. Emmy looked over to her side and saw another one.

She dove for it, and let out a small shriek as her paws touched the frigid water. Without wasting a moment, the woodchuck dove away for the water, and stayed there. Emmy grunted with frustration and climbed back out of the water. "At least this one is big enough for us both." She said, before grabbing the rump in her mouth and biting a large hunk out.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity