736 Users Online
Google, Bing

the right hand man is dead [S] — Turtleback Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 292 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
@Lachesis only

Ayti had checked the fine print and there was nothing in it that said he wasn’t allowed to be outside the Driftwood Surge borders. It had been a week or so, and really he had just pretended things were normal. He would circle around the borders, guarding them, and would even leave prey he had caught laying on the scent lines. It was what he was doing now, actually - a fat little marmot was carefully placed half-in and half-out of the territory.

He limped on his stiff shoulder, fully aware that it wasn’t healing right, and had to take a break to sit just a few wolflengths away from Driftwood Surge’s border, his back and shoulders heaving with the effort of simply carrying himself at the moment.

But he had to keep them safe. It was all he had done for a year now, and... and he adored them all too much to quit. He might even live the rest of his life just like this. It wasn’t happy or ideal or anything, but... well, the wolves he cared about were safer with him there. Even with his shoulder so damaged and infected. He was formidable and he knew it.

But he needed to rest.
(This post was last modified: Apr 13, 2018, 02:34 AM by Lachesis. Edit Reason: marked S for swears )
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He was still seething over the events that occurred the week prior. The dark, bear-like wolf had been one of Lachesis’ closest friends—next to the Edge Lords in the south. He had compare their relationship to his and Maksim’s, and had every intention of keeping the male as his right paw. Until he detected the tell-tale stench of breeding and traced it back to the former Driftwood guardian. Couldn’t remember it, he had claimed; couldn’t even remember her face. It didn’t matter to the ghost. The deed had been done. Rules had been broken. He couldn’t allow Aytigin to stay, no matter how close they were. Aytigin had to be the example. The leading pair couldn’t make rules only for long-standing members to break them. He didn’t want another Inna situation.

Even though he had been dismissed from the pack Aytigin still lingered, hovering around the borders and leaving gifts for the river wolves. Lachesis always just missed him and usually disposed of the meat, no matter how good it was. It wasn’t going to change his mind.

I told you to leave, he growled as he stepped over the border and approached the dark male. His nose wrinkled immediately from the wound on Aytigin’s shoulder. Either the former Surge guardian did not know how to tend to his shoulder or he just didn’t care. Lachesis didn’t intend on helping him; the dark casanova wasn’t his problem anymore. 

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Ayti hadn’t been expecting Lachesis to show up, but damn if it wasn’t a slap in the face. The dark wolf looked over at him for a moment before turning his head away once more. ”I can’t he murmured, standing up and rising to his full height for the first time before the white wolf. He had no need to cower down now. ”Besides, I’m not on Driftwood territory. You would be hurting an innocent wolf if you did anything to me right now,” he pointed out, looking down at the older wolf. God, had he always been so short?

”I’m glad you’re here though,” he continued, his overly-talkative mouth and mind betraying him. ”I wanted to ask you something.”

It was with no hesitation that the dark wolf voiced his query. ”Why am I the only one who doesn’t get a second chance? An opportunity to prove myself? I’m not trying to justify what I did, but I brought no extra mouths to feed to the borders. When Inna did, she was pardoned. She even brought the father in without telling you. She didn’t even lose her rank for any of it - not even when she was more of a burden than a help.” He took a breath then, his ears flicking backward. ”Not to mention the fact that Lorcan, Inna, and Lekalta had all left the pack before, and you brought them back in. I’ve never left. I came straight back and made no attempt to conceal what I’d done. So why am I the example?” He was being genuine - not sarcastic or malicious. All he wanted to do was to know. ”I mean, I fucked up one time. One single time, and that erases any and all of the good I had ever done?”
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Innocent wolf? He spat, an amused smirk sprawling across his pale maw despite his hardened expression. You are not welcome anywhere near Driftwood. That includes hovering around the borders. My borders. If I want you gone I’ll have you gone, he added, a deep growl accompanying his words as he took a step forward, his tail arched high above his back. He didn’t care if he hurt the dark male—not anymore. While the Delaney was certainly bigger than the Driftwood leader he was not stronger, especially in his current state. Lachesis had no issue with defending his home.

He didn’t want to listen to what Aytigin had to say but he had no choice—he knew the bear-like wolf wasn’t going to leave until he was heard. No matter what was said Lachesis wasn’t going to change his mind. He wasn’t going to be that guy—not again. If he did not make an example out of Aytigin then the wolves in his pack would do as they pleased, as there was no fear of punishment. Inna was pardoned because her mother led the pack alongside me. That was Kisla’s choice—not mine. If it had been up to me her actions wouldn’t have been excused. That should have been obvious. As much as he had been Kisla’s co-lead the tawny Baranski had led the show. Lachesis had been more of an advisor to her than anything. Do you think if I had known about Lorcán’s relationship to her that I would have allowed him in? And what happened when I found out? They were punished; removed. If you had not beat me to Inna I would have done it myself. But you didn’t give me that option. Instead you took it upon yourself to tell her to fuck off. Any other wolf would have seen that as a threat to their rank. But not Lachesis because he was too goddamn trusting. And what happened after I gave Lorcán and Lekalta their second chances? After they had good reasons for disappearing? They left again. Fucked me over. Again. I’m tired of letting that happen to me; I won’t stand for it. Clearly the wolf before him was dumber than he had thought. It should have been obvious what happened to Lachesis when he gave out second chances. You’re the example because you fucked up. You broke the only rule we had for this spring. Sure, you proved yourself to the pack. Earned your position. But you still broke pack law. I would have done the same if it had been any other wolf. The good you have done doesn’t excuse you from being punished. Thinking like that makes you no better than Inna, he spat, his upper lip curled. 

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Who was this wolf? It certainly wasn’t Lachesis. Aytigin hadn’t been expecting to be let back into the pack - and now, he didn’t even want to be. But he certainly hadn’t been expecting to be treated like the scum of the earth over simply standing in neutral territory. He wasn’t even on the border. ”I’ve wondered the whole time I’ve been in the Lore what the hell made alphas feel like they’re so much better than everyone else. Like they’ve somehow done something special and become royalty or whatever. You have done nothing special - the leader before you died, and you took his place. And now you’ve pissed on the dirt over there, so that makes it yours and no one can touch it.” Ayti sighed and looked off to the side, his ears flicking slightly. ”You’re not any better than I am. So what is it that you think makes you so special?”

Hazel eyes narrowed at the alpha when he went on his spiel about punishment and being fucked over. ”I’m not being punished - I’m being thrown away. This isn’t punishment. Punishment would have been losing my rank, or you beating me up or whatever. What you’re doing now is treating me like I’m trash. And before you say it, I already know that’s what I am,” he muttered, his own lip curling slightly. ”I thought I was better. That I could change. I was obviously wrong about that, and I’m sorry. I’m not asking for permission to come back - and I don’t want it. But you calling this punishment is wrong.”
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

Lachesis couldn’t help but roll his eyes in response to the former Guardian. I don’t care what you have to say anymore. About me, about yourself. He shrugged, his expression growing indifferent as he watched the dark male in disgust. Say what you want but you’re no better than her. While he had not earned his position as pack leader Lachesis had done everything in his power to ensure that the rank remained his. Over time he had grown into the role and adapted to his new responsibilities. Grown with the packs and seen more than the majority of his subordinates in his six years. He didn’t think he was special or that he deserved the position. But he had always worked with what he had. Done what was needed. Survived.

Clearly you weren’t listening at the meeting, the pale male countered lazily despite his dominant stance, his lips still curled away from his ivory teeth. Those who broke the only fucking rule of the spring would be removed from the pack. No questions asked. Yes, you’re being thrown away because you deserve it. Don’t think you’re some special snowflake and should be excused for your actions. Any wolf in this pack would have been treated the same if they had done the same. The more the dark male spoke the more he sounded like Inna—still believing that he had done nothing wrong and did not deserve the punishment he had been given. Whatever. Lachesis didn’t have time for it. And yes, being exiled from the pack counts as being punished. So get your head out of your ass and get the fuck away from my borders. Or be removed. Those were Aytigin's only two options.

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
”I know I’m no better than her - I’m worse, and you have no idea how badly I feel about that. I know how much I hurt you, and Lilya, and Lav and Lil Lil, and everyone else that I care about!” He lowered his head and flattened his ears, the sudden change in emotion drawn out by the fever. ”I’m just like my father, and I am so unbelievably sorry I broke your trust. You’re - er, were - my best friend, and I still adore you, and I can’t believe I did something so bad that I ruined that bond.”

He sucked in a shaking breath, taking a step backward and taking his gaze from Lachesis’. ”I’m so fucking terrified something bad is going to happen if I leave,” he admitted in a whisper, voice trembling. He looked back up at Lachesis slowly, his tail moving between his legs. ”I have one more question before I go...” And he didn’t really want to ask because he knew he would be broken by the answer.

”Do you hate me...?”
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark

He tried to listen. Honestly, and genuinely, tried to listen. But the dark male’s words left a bitter taste in the older alpha’s mouth, causing the tip of his tail to twitch in frustration. He did not doubt that his former Guardian felt bad for his actions, and regretted them terribly, but there was no undoing what he had done. No restoring the bond, or the trust, that had formed between the two in the last year. Aytigin had been so outspoken on Inna and the wrongs she had done, but now he was no better than her. He had made the same mistake. Broken the same law. The only difference was that he would suffer the consequences that Inna should have. You have to live with your mistakes, he hissed in response as he stood his ground, the top of his muzzle wrinkling as his frustration continued to grow. I’m disappointed and disgusted in you. I believed you to be better than this.  

Inactive I. Leader
Aytigin Delaney
Disappointed and disgusted. Ayti could handle disappointed and disgusted. He couldn’t handle hate. He wouldn’t have ever been able to take it if Lach said he hated him. But still... it hurt that he was never going to be able to be greeted like a friend ever again.

”I understand,” he whispered, lowering his head further. ”I deserve it, I feel the same... and I intend to live with my mistakes. You’ll never have to see me again,” he whispered, keeping his eyes open. He didn’t dare blink in front of Lach - he didn’t want to cry in front of him as he left. ”I hope you know that I do love you, and I’m so sorry I betrayed you like I did... I’ll never forgive myself for it.”

He waited til he turned to cry, tears streaming down his muzzle as he limped away from the wolves he had considered his family.

{ e x i t A y t i}