(See All?) Announcements
585 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Baidu

the Earth keeps turning — Pookastone Scowle 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 65 posts.
Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

Spring was coming, she assured herself, though it honestly felt like a lie. Snow kept coming, killing any chance they might have had for an early bloom. Nellie knew the importance of stocking up their medicine den for the pups to come, and yet the whether seemed to have other ideas. It well, and truly put her off. Soon.

Sighing, the masked girl set out in the early morning to find her father. She hadn't had much of a chance to talk to him, what with preparing a medicine den, and desperately searching for plants to fill said space, but she missed him. Family was important to her. She needed them to recharge. The Archer might have went looking for Morganna too, but there was a chance that her mother still sleeping, and Elenora sure as hell wasn't going to wake her.

Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Put it all on me

It was a lot easier finding a rhythm here than in the vale. Unsurprising. But most welcome. He could provide better here, knowing the landscape after all these years. Still, he didn't break unless it was needed. He wanted to be as prepared as possible for two upcoming litters. Worst case scenario they could have ten new mouths to feed, and they needed all the head start they could get.

Despite his early rising, today he only had a rock chuck to show for his work. With it between his jaws, he eased back into the territory soon realizing someone trailing him.

Halting, he turned to be met by a pair of golden eyes in a dark face. Nellie. His tail beat the air, and he dropped the kill.  "How's the den coming?" Of all his children she was the most sensible, and had began her own medicinal den. Just like her grandmother. A fact that made him proud. If it weren't for the foul weather he wouldn't have been surprised to find her off hunting for more material.

(This post was last modified: Jul 13, 2018, 04:07 PM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

The broad wave of her tail, and the way her eyes lit up at the sight of her father was enough to confidently say that Nellie was happy to see Renier. Her bright gaze followed the rock chuck briefly to the ground, before bouncing back up to the man's tawny form. "'Bout as well as yer hunt, I'd say." A playful tone colored her voice as she referenced the small meal. "Wanted ter be farther by now, but everything's still frozen." The ground, the items she needed to stock it. "Macha 'elped me dig it ou' bu' we'll need ter expand when it warms up."

Message me for threads! Especially if you've got an Archer or a Lyall!
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
It's in the eyes I can tell you will always be danger

He would have almost guessed by her happy greeting she'd gotten further. It was actually just for him. A sudden broad smile was evident, where usually a small one lived. It only grew further, a chuckle following. "Good thing it isn't for you then," he teased in turn. He loved the way she spoke like her mother. But, his face straightened in thoughtfulness. "Sounds like you have a good start none the less. I wouldn't doubt that your Aunt Ravenna will make some trades with you." Knowledge, remedies, and perhaps plants themselves.

"You know eventually, we will be missing this chill." Summer would probably come in a few short winks. Then again, it was just that much nicer they had settled near the lagoon. The closest thing to an ocean they had here. "Macha like to nurse too?" He hadn't spent a great deal with Skoll's youngest daughter. 

Inactive IV. Yearling
Elenora Archer

Elenora's nose crinkled in response to Renier's teasing, and she might have offered another quip in response, but his next words offered too good a solution. "I bet yer righ'!" The girl's tail picked up speed as she worked through the possibilities in her head. They had plenty of salmonberry to spare. Nellie's first impression of the Ridge might not have been so great, but surely Ravenna would see a benefit to such an arrangement? "I'll 'ave to ask mum wha' she thinks." Though she had no doubt Morganna would think it was a good idea.

"I can't 'magine that" Surely summer would be better, but there was some truth to the whole, 'The grass is always greener' saying. As her father's attention turned to Macha, Elenora gave a shrug. "Dunno if sh' really likes it, but sh' knows 'er plants." At the very least, her cousin would be good at finding herbs.

Message me for threads! Especially if you've got an Archer or a Lyall!
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
It's in the eyes I can tell you will always be danger

He gave another chuckle than smoothed his features."I know the Ridge is a bit prickly but Ravenna wants family ties to remain no matter how anyone else might feel." That was what it really came down to. There was a pause for a moment, thinking about what had happened. He had mixed feelings about it. But, his eyes flicked back to her. "Checking with her couldn't hurt," he added. She could do better at suggesting what Nellie should seek than he.

"We have the lagoon at least," he decided to admit aloud. He just remembered how some days were so hot walking felt like a chore. "That's good." She did seem rather helpful. The Lyall was really trying not to have a prejudice against her. After all Skoll was here and not entirely the man he use to be. Old habits were just hard to kill. "There something I can help you do now?" He offered.