(See All?) Announcements
582 Users Online
Google, Bing

i'm sitting pretty in my brand new scars — Nomads Pass 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 131 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mavis Kipley
@Aleister <3 Backdated to May 20th, very early morning - just before dawn.

Ten days. She had been away from the Tarn for ten days, and she was fine. Perhaps a bit detached from the world - hence why she was awake at such an ungodly hour. Which wasn't to say that she didn't like this time of the day - a pale purple sky dotted with millions of stars, before the sun would come over the horizon and sully the whole picture with too much light. Mavis liked it much better in the dark - everything was more quiet, less bright. Less happening, save for the hooting of a distant owl or chirps of crickets in the grass.

She had finally come down off the mountain that night, only hours ago. Small paws carried her down to the stream in the middle of the pass, and the little wolf bent down to lap at the fresh, clean water. She was hungrier than she was thirsty, but it would satiate her for now. Better than nothing, after all, even though the little fish swimming under the surface were tempting her. But Mavis was no fisherman - there was no way she'd be able to catch them.

The young wolf tipped her head back to look at the fading stars, then sighed and laid down on the bank of the stream, seafoam eyes still cast upwards and tufted ears pinned back.

"What am I doing?" she whispered to herself, brows furrowing as she released a heavy sigh. She should, by all means, love this new freedom that came with not having herself be tied down to one location. But instead, she just felt... lost. Tired. Like there was nowhere for her to go and no one who wanted her around.

But really, she couldn't blame them for not wanting her.