(See All?) Announcements
392 Users Online
Google, Adora, Adelard, Apollo

[bwp] oh, you thought. — Midnight Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 208 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow
RE: Flash flooding has caused local landslides.
Raining.  41F/5C.  Late afternoon.  Open for one or two!

Leaving Pookastone Scowle may or may not have been her best decision – frankly, she had no idea if the dark wolf had actually even meant to kill Niles. But he had meant to hurt, and Marisol and Bojay hadn’t done anything. And it was just like Crow’s Crossing. And if they did that to family…

Shit. Namir didn’t want to die for wolves she didn’t know, because they had a bad day. Because she was small. Because she meant nothing, even if she was ranked third, or whatever.

Her ears flexed backwards, her coat plastered to her body as the rain poured down on her. She’d been this way not that long again, right? Lenae was supposed to be around here. But the wet weather made the slopes start to crumble and she couldn’t recognize anything, hadn’t even found a potential denning site.

“Goddamnit.”

Sometimes she wondered why she even bothered.

(This post was last modified: Apr 16, 2018, 01:44 AM by Namir. Edit Reason: coyotes ahoy! )
[Image: littlecrow_sig_by_becuffin-db81o80.png]

Played by Alice who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Marisol

Well...this was shit. It was a same old routine she was pretty much used to at this point, but the rain? The muddy slippery ground beneath her paws threatened to give away at what felt like any moment? Yeah...no, she'd much prefer the sun scorched lands to the south. But that way was a no go, she'd managed to skirt around it during the colder months- but what happened to moving on? To hitting the road and never looking over her shoulder again?

Apparently Mari weren't so good at that.

Heading this way again wasn't a good idea, she wanted nothing to do with that pack who'd tried to poison her not so long ago. But she needed to cross the mountain to get as far away from the Scowle as she possible could. Walking around the mountain seemed like more effort than it was worth, so over it she went. It was almost funny, how she'd never really noticed Namir at the Scowle. But there she was, that duck loving freak, all skinny and bony as she'd been before. Mari scoffed, this was too rich. At the very least she had to sneer and say hello, for old times sake.

"Oi,where are your babies? Didn't eat them did you?"

[Image: marisol_reyes_by_loccian_love-dc6n2r7.png]
Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow
Swears ahead!

“Oh, fuck off, you dumb whore. You look like shit too,” Namir snapped back, having no energy for this. Aggravated, out of sorts as she was, there was no way she’d let the dark female talk smack to her. Even in the pouring rain, once she got closer, she couldn’t smell the stink of pack on Marisol, either.

That was interesting.

She lifted her head and glanced around, but didn’t see Niles anywhere. Her scowl became a toothy grin, eyes shining like daggers. “Oi, where’s your stupid boy toy? He kick you to the curb? Or did you kick him?” She snorted at the memory. “Good riddance. That pack was a shitstorm. Glad as hell to be outta there.”

Inactive No Rank
Marisol

Dumb whore? That was old news. Mari yawned, wide and brash, her tongue lolling out of her mouth before she reeled it back in. She might have had a point though, it wasn't as if Mari was in tip-top, sexy form. In actuality, she looked like shit, her ribs jutted out, as did her hips. This was the loner life, a slog but not impossible. Mari shook out her soggy coat and flecks of fur drifted off her form like floating dandelion petals, she was gross, there was no denying that. But whatever, at least she looked better than her- Miss Bland.

"If it makes you feel better, go ahead and believe that, sweety." Her smile was loose, too easy. What a shit she was, even to this day- Reyes wouldn't be proud in the least. "Not worth my time. Told me one thing, ended up doing another....Turned out to be a disappointment, like all men really."

For once she could see where miss skinny was coming from though that pack was a mess- if it hadn't been then it sure was going to be in a month or so.

"Won't argue with you there, what a shit show. Good riddance."

Mari has left Relic Lore. I'm in the process of finishing off her threads, those I don't finish will be deaded!
Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

“Tcht. All men are liars. All of them.”

Even the ones who were nice. Even the ones who offered to help you, free of charge… Come spring time, they all wanted something. All of them. And the ones who knew you before, maybe didn’t ask… Well they just up and disappeared altogether. Crow didn’t know a single boy worth keeping around anymore. She thought Buzzard had been different, but… Clearly not.

Her ears still flat against her skull, she sized the older wolf up. She looked rough – potentially rougher than Crow, actually. “Ain’t see why anyone packs up with ‘em, not really. Never met one that could do somethin’ I couldn’t, in the end.”

Men. Tcht. “An’ I sure ain’t sorry not t’see all th’ damn babies. Fuck. That. I’d say good luck, but shit, they did that bullshit t’ ‘emselves.” She paused, suddenly. “Th’ hell you goin’, anyhow?”

Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There are fresh deer tracks, but there is also some coyote prints along with them.
Inactive No Rank
Marisol

This was a little weird. The mud, the blooming sense of familiarity that formed between them, it all made Mari feel as though she was standing on unsteady ground. Which, she supposed she was now that she thought about it. A grimace tugged at her lips, this was not what she'd anticipated. In all honesty, she didn't quite know how to deal with this sort of rapport.

"Away, but not south. Bad shit that way." She wasn't going to expand on that, not ever."There's these hills, not far from where we met, was thinking of going there maybe, I dunno." She shrugged. "Kinda making it up as I go."

There she'd said it, she had no idea what she was doing. Not in the grand scheme of things. Her steely gaze wandered, trailed along the ground- Mari paused, a scowl forming on her features. There were too many little paw prints too count, all punched up like they moved as one-like a pack. There was a pack nearby-possibly, if she had her bearings right- but they didn't belong to pups or even midgets. These were coyote tracks.

"You brought company?" She asked, using her front paw to the gesture to the now very obvious set of tracks. After all, the scrawny shit did look rather mutty, like a coyote.

Inactive No Rank
Little Crow

At least she wasn’t the only one in the ‘hold on and see where this shit goes’ boat, Crow supposed. It wasn’t much comfort. She’d done that her whole life so far – she wasn’t really sure if she could say it was working. The wolf shifted uneasily, following Marisol’s gaze further down the trail. Still no pack. She could have sworn that Annabird told her that a pack was up here. (And if there was a pack, there was some goddamn food.)

But then the dark wolf kept speaking, and Crow was forced to look, really look at the prints. Hooves, and paws. Smaller paws.

Her heart skipped a beat. Coyotes. They’d always been around Crow’s Crossing, little bastard thieves. They did a lot better in the desert heat – and they were so good at slipping in and out of places unseen. It had been her goal, once, to be invisible as the local coyote clan. But it seemed they were invisible here, too.

“Nah, ain’t mine. Awful good at stayin’ hidden, though.” It kind of made her skin crawl. “Don’t see why they’d be followin’ us, ain’t like we got nothin’. Yet. Speakin’ of – y’hungry? ‘cos I got word there might be free food ‘round here. If we could jes’ get off the damn mud.”

But now that she knew they were here… Crow couldn’t stop looking around, squinting at the mud and the rocks. Where could they be hiding?

The girls could still use a third to screme!

Played by becuffin who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer
Slides in late with starbucks
had a one way ticket to the place where all the demons go

The boy had been on edge. The mountain lion had taken the hint, or maybe it had just been passing though either way, that wasn't what had caught his attention today. One coyote was no big deal, most would run soon as look at em but two or three or four? Coyotes didn't live in packs, well, not that he'd seen yet anyway, yet here they were crawling all over the damn mountain, threatening the caches and pregnant women just with their mere presence. It was enough to get even the laid back Archer's hackles up.

Here they were again, trailing the same deer he had been hoping to track down for a hunt, but there was more. He spotted the women up ahead and held his ground, head lifting inquisitively as his tail waved lazily behind him. "Yer lost?" Who in their right mind would be up on a mountain in this weather if they didn't bloody live here?

Odin Archer
[Image: sigodincheeb_by_becuffin-dahhpv8.png]
Inactive No Rank
Marisol

Mari had also had a fair few run ins with coyotes before. They'd been a bit of a problem at Raiders Steppe, thieves preying upon thieves. How ironic. But weren't they supposed to be shy, nervy little things? All bark and no bite? As things were they seemed pretty bold, stomping about as though they owned the whole damn mountain. Mari weren't no local but...in all honesty it pissed her off.  Coyotes were worse than pack wolves, someone ought to put them in their place.

Like she'd ever turn down a meal, she opened her mouth to respond when another figure entered the scene. A male, far larger, taller than either of the loner ladies could ever dream of being. Mari's nostrils flared as she shot him a dirty, scathing look. Not only that but he was a pack wolf, like he could get any more unappealing.

"No." She responded, her tone pointed like the tip of a blade. "Your pack sure has done a shitty job keeping the pests under control though, good boy." She would have clapped slowly, sarcastically, had she the hands for it.

This place seemed to be crawling with them, probably wasn't a good idea to hang about but...Mari was always willing to kick some coyote ass, because why not? Plenty of folk shit on her for being small, it was her turn to have some fun.

"So what now? We gonna rob the coyotes, that it?"She glanced from the biggun to the smallun, was it time for a ceasefire just to put those shits into the dirt?