606 Users Online
Google, Bing

[BWP] [s] burning pile — Poison Path 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
Open to two others || Late Morning, Shower Rain, 37.4 ° F, 3 ° C

Despite the rain that fell down in a soft manner she slipped out from the Cove's territory, wasn't like a little water would kill her. It wasn't a very far trip that she planned to take anyway. There was a unique territory just outside of the borders. She had been there before but wondered if it might look different now. Things were starting to warm up and while she didn't expect everything to be in full bloom she figured that maybe it'd look different with mud and not snow.

She settled down near a tree, a small huff leaving her. This whole pregnancy thing was kind of...not fun? Exhausting? Worse than she imagined? Either way she needed a break since she was very obviously not as energized as she used to be.

(This post was last modified: Apr 17, 2018, 11:06 PM by Birtie. Edit Reason: bwp tag and S tag )
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
Kajika is a little ways off and not visible but thought I would throw the worried father to be in here.

The alpha was keeping a much closer eye on Birite now that the time for the pups to arrive was drawing near. He especially took notice when she wasn't at his side and usually he would let her go off on her own. This time he'd chosen to follow though not so close. He didn't want to smother her and understood that she needed time to herself. He felt she should have it with the weather getting better and worse at the same time he didn't find it very surprising she would venture away from the territory.

He stuck to the shadows as she moved in the direction of Poison path. He'd been there plenty of times so he wasn't too worried that she would get into trouble. That was unless she was planning to eat the plants there which reminded him if something they would need to teach the pups. He didn't want them finding their way there and eating one of the nightshade plants. When she settled under a tree he took shelter under his own tree where he could keep an eye one her.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
The scent of a large band of coyotes is on the breeze.
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Tagg knew another female in the pack was expecting, but he wasn't sure who. He assumed Kajika was the father - who else could it be? - so he wanted to congratulate his friend.

The veteran followed the alpha's scent out of the territory, not far behind another pack mate. That was when he smelled... them. His hackles rose and his lips pulled into a snarl on instinct,  single green eye scanning the undergrowth for movement. 

Tikhi showed up, followed by these creatures?  The coincidence was too much to believe. Had she given him away to try to get revenge for driving her away? 

One thing was certain: Kajika and his pregnant lover were in danger. Tagg had to protect them. 
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

At first, it was just a scent on the wind. Unsettling at best but nothing to truly worry about right? It was strange that she smelled so many of them. Maybe there was a fresh carcass being picked clean somewhere. Mentioning she had no interest in getting caught up in a band of coyotes, she huffed and got to her paws the best she could.

The large Parlow only managed to move a few yards away from where she had just been lounging before a series of high pitched barks filled the air. That couldn't be good and while she knew she should have kept moving she halted in her tracks. Slowly she turned around and stared out into the foliage. It was so stupid of her but she felt frozen there with a fatal curiosity.

What could stir there to be so many of them at once?

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

He didn't want to intrude on her quiet time and he wouldn't have unless she had noticed him but then a scent came seemingly out of nowhere. Immediately he started looking for the source. Where they coming near? It was clear that Birtie had smelled them too. The scent was strong which meant there were more than just one. Throwing caution to the wind the alpha stepped out of his hiding place.

Birtie had froze and wasn't moving to get herself out of danger and that had him worried. He came up beside her brushing his side against hers in hopes that it would snap her out of it. “Birtie, we have to go. Get you back to the territory where you’ll be safe,” he said urgently.

Then the unthinkable happened, a group of five or six coyotes appeared a distance away but they could be seen through the trees. “Birtie come on,” he said as more of a command as he moved in front of her. He knew he couldn't protect her by himself against do many of them.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Time was of the essence. 

The scent was soon followed by their cries, and Tagg's heart pounded in his ears. His mind flashed to two years ago, when he'd been chased from his home by this very occurrence. Things were different now. He knew how to fight. He was a Guardian. And he wasn't alone. He would protect his own. 

Paws pounded on the cold ground as he raced to catch up. They were close, oh so close. Finally he skidded to a halt around Kajika and the pregnant woman. Her scent had to be attracting them. 

"Run! He snarled, back to his packmates as he faced their attackers. He counted six of them. The veteran hazzarded a glance back. "Your scent must be what's attracted them - you have to get out of here. Go!"

He gave Kajika a meaningful look before turning and barking a warning at the coyotes. The alpha had to get his mate and unborn offspring to the territory. Tagg would do his job. 
l
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
S for swears

Kajika's voice reached her ears but it wasn't like she really processed it. Her yellow eyes still staring out into the forested area. They weren't in snapping distance and she supposed that was enough to keep her rooted. Were they really a threat if they weren't close enough to strike?

She didn't like being commanded and while she could understand Kajika's concern, she didn't care about the other male. Didn't know him. He could smell of the Cove all he wanted to but that didn't give him a right to boss her. And what are you gonna do? She spat harshly. You can't take them all on your own, that's fucking impossible. The coyotes would surely make the already ragged male their chew toy if he took them all on.

The next words she spoke were spoken for only the dark alpha to hear. We can't leave, Kajika. Not when know-it-all wants to try and be a hero by himself. Her voice was obviously concerned despite the sharpness of her words. Surely if they just retaliated with their own chorus they could startle the animals back. Right?

At the very least they could buy themselves some time to get back within the borders.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The cries of the coyotes filled his ears sending a ripple of panic through him. He had to get Birtie back to Fallen Tree Cove before it was too late. In that moment he didn't care about fighting them, his only concern was the woman in front of him. He tried to be gentle but firm in getting her to go but she didn't budge.

Then a flash of Tawny fur appeared at his side and he quickly realized it was Tagg, “Thank the ancestors your here.” He commented just before Birtie spoke in way he'd never heard from her but frankly couldn't be surprised. “He’s right Birtie,” he stated and he was just about to give her a nudge when she spoke.

The alpha looked back at Tagg and then Birtie, they didn't have time for this. “I know I can't leave him here alone,” he said his tone softening, “But I need to know your safe. You’re in no state to fight them.” Their options were limited and he didn't like any of them.

Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
S for language

He couldn't take all six of them, that he knew. He'd fought more, yes, but he'd always had two or three fights on his side as well. 

When the woman he'd only seen once before snapped back at him, the veteran once again risked taking his single eye off the coyotes.

"Do you really think I give a fuck?" He retorted, clicking his teeth. "I fought a war for a pack I didnt know. I'll gladly die protecting one I love." His thoughts were on his wife. What would she say? Knowing what he'd done, would she be glad he was gone? Would she mourn him?

"I can at least give you enough time to get to safety," he said, voice softening. "I'll be right behind you."
l