(See All?) Announcements
329 Users Online
Bing, Apollo, Google

[BWP]When you finally find yourself — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 251 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn
RE:Flash flooding has caused local landslides.
Takes place a lil bit south of GH

Elias' paws were coated with mud as he limped along, his tail held high to aid his sense of balance. As much as @Nineva seemed to appreciate these woods Elias couldn't help but wonder if she'd misplaced her fondness. After all, the Cedarwood forest was anything but welcoming these days. The torrential rain had made the ground slick with mud, so much so that the land itself seemed to be slipping out of place.

Worse yet, there were newcomers to the forest. Elias hadn't seen any yet, but he recognised the lingering scent of coyotes in the air. If it had been one or two he wouldn't have minded as much, but it was evident that there was more than just a few, almost as though they were massing together to form an army, or something equally as frightening. A frown settled onto his features as he trudged along, how was he supposed to provide for Nin and her unborn with so much competition? His empty stomach rumbled, he couldn't even recall the last time he'd had a proper meal-not since he'd left the Heights. And that was fine, he was happy with going without if it meant Nin could eat but...

He wouldn't lie, he was struggling here, the abundance of coyotes merely extenuated that fact.

(This post was last modified: Apr 18, 2018, 09:57 PM by Elias.)
[Image: untitled_1_by_gabrielledelyon-dbu4sbc.png]
[Image: teamselwyn_2_by_marthypie-dcq9co4.png]

Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
baby i'm back now, feeling how i used to feel

The rain was a blessing and a curse, it made the tracks more evident in the mud, but it masked the scents so she couldn't quite place the numbers they belonged to. After the last encounter, and those of others in her pack, she decided it was time to figure out what was really going on. She like to thing that even with her swollen sides she could run if she had to.

What she did find perhaps even more curious than the vermin, was the scent of wolves. These were trails she had crossed before, and she was reminded of the Rye Fields and their merry band of loners that only decided to claim once the Monadnock had put down their roots. Not that it bothered her, but she had to wonder if they were Lyalls. They tended to cling to this forest like a mother skunk clutching her kit. Not that it would be horrible to have even more family right on her doorstep, but she didn't want to be taken by surprise again.

But... was that? Her head lifted and tilted to better catch the warm glint of his coat between the trees. "Damsel?" Her tail began to wave at her back, "Yer lost?" She teased with a smirk, but goodness he had looked better.

Morganna Archer
[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Several coyote abandoned a half-eaten deer. But before you can take a bite they reappear.
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias' ears perked as the familiar nickname reached his ears. It didn't even take him a moment to figure out who it was, there was only one wolf who called him that: Morganna. With a grin and a spring in his limpy step, he galloped over to meet her. Much to his relief he didn't lose his footing, or tumble to the ground just as he had when he'd first met her. That would have been awfully embarrassing.

"Not this time."He beamed, his tail waving high behind him. Ducking his head down, he nudged his crown against her chin in an affectionate boop. He'd missed her, it was good to see yet another friendly face. "I'm staying in these parts with Nineva." He said, only to realise that Morganna probably didn't recognise that name.

Now that he'd started talking though, he found he couldn't really stop.

"Nin is having my litter...and so is @Ravenna, sort of." He wondered if she knew that already, they were siblings after all, weren't they? This was awkward. Elias snapped his mouth shut and actually thought about the next words that passed from his lips.

"So uh...my spring has been rather eventful so far-" Speaking of...it was blatantly obvious that Morganna had a litter growing inside of her as well, her belly all round, just like Nin's. "I see that you're pregnant as well....is that good? He honestly had no clue anymore, which was was up and what way was down?

The wind just happened to blow in a certain direction and the scent of carrion drifted to his nose. Elias' eyes widened at the scent as he instinctively licked at his lips. He was so hungry. The scent of food didn't hold dominion over his nose for long, sure enough another smell became apparent. This was one far less tempting, it was what he feared, really.

"Perhaps we ought to....take this conversational else where?" But where? He wasn't going to abandon Nin to gang of hungry coyotes, he'd rather take them all on his own, as idiotic as that was. "Nin is a little north of here it's... probably not wise to leave her alone."

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

The name wasn't a familiar one to Morganna, but she nodded none the less. If they had settled in the cedarwood there was a chance they were some distant relative of Renier's, or maybe even a sibling but she wouldn't jump to conclusions. Maybe they just enjoyed the stinging scent of cedar in their nose and the warmth of needles underfoot. When he went on to mention that Nineva was having his litter she smirked, though her brow twitched at the addition of Ravenna, and sort of. Her sister hadn't mentioned the blonde wolf, but she supposed that was her business and none of Morganna's.

It wasn't like she hadn't done the same.

The topic quickly turned to her own pregnancy and she laughed, "Yeah, Renier's been with me every spring since I was two, figured it's about time we made it official." She laughed in a self- depreciating way. It seemed the sound was enough to draw attention from the vermin though. She clicked her tongue between her teeth and hissed out a sigh. If she wasn't so round she would have dealt with them weeks ago. "Yeah sounds good, I'm sure if I'm not back by sundown @Celandine'll round up a search party, if @Renier doesn't come after me first. So what's she like then? Yer girl?" At least the coyotes seemed more interested in whatever carrion they were picking at than the wolves that were quickly taking their leave.

Morganna Archer
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Oh...congratulations." His words were a little clunky, awkward, but his smile managed to be endearing nonetheless.

And he meant it too, he couldn't imagine being with someone for so long without actually...making it official, he supposed. He idly wondered if that's how he and Nin would end up: together, but only sort of? It was a sad thought, sounded awfully lonely. Not that he could blame her, of course, there wasn't much about Elias that was special, let alone captivating but...Was it so bad he wanted to be wanted?

Now was hardly the time to stand around and chat though, not when they had such undesirable company. The duo moved away, slowly, granting the coyote's dominion over the carrion. He could have fought them for it, brought it back to Nin but...he didn't really want to tussle with them unless he really had to. He'd much rather enjoy the moment with a friend.

"She's...." Hundreds of adjectives danced on the tip of his tongue. She was so much to him, but putting it into words seemed hard, he feared he wouldn't do her any justice. That he'd paint her in a false, unworthy light. His nose twitched as he thought and the tip of his tongue poked out the corner of his mouth."She's strong, determined. I'm...in awe of her really."

Apparently that was his type, large and in charge ladies. Go figure.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

Strong and determined, they were words that could be used to describe Ravenna too, so she supposed it could be said that Elias had a type. As much as she would have relished the opportunity to tease him about it some more, it didn't seem like he was in the mood to be prodded, playfully or otherwise. "So are yers lookin' fer a pack with all these vermin about or are yer lookin' ter make yer own?" If there was going to be a pack in the Cedarwood, she would rather hear about it before they suddenly decided to stay, it'd give her a chance to let the rest of her members know to keep to the meadow for hunting, not that it was ever really that hard with a major water source right on their doorstep. She hoped her tone alone would make it obvious that she didn't much mind if they did decide to stick around.

Morganna Archer
Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias shook his head.

"Probably, but not here...She's never outright said anything but I think this place holds a lot of memories for her. Not all bad-she wants a fresh start, I think." He said slowly, as he rolled the words around in his mind.

Was he saying too much? He trusted Morganna, even if he did overshare he doubted anything would come of it. She had his back, always had from the very start. Elias hadn't forgotten her kindness, nor would he anytime soon. Archers- from his understanding- were good folk, looked out for others, and in a sense were what he aspired to be. A part of something great.

"She wants to leave soon, before she gets...too pregnant. Hopefully wherever we go there will be less coyotes."He sighed a little at that, it was good to hope but he had a feeling they wouldn't be so fortunate. "You said they're causing trouble for you as well, even though you're in a pack?

His brows drew together at that. Loners seemed to be a logical choice for the coyotes to pester, but a pack? That was practically unheard of.

Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
Morganna Archer

The Archer contained her smirk as she silently wondered how long wanting a fresh start would last? Maybe it worked for others just fine, but she hadn't been able to resist the south-western pull for long really, had she? She bit the tip of her tongue to keep her thoughts to herself for once, knowing both the presence of the coyotes and Elias's ties to his woman and the lives that were forming in her belly would send him after her regardless. They continued to speak as they walked.

But she couldn't help herself when he spoke of her desire to travel before she got too pregnant. "Been there," she huffed out a short laugh, "twice. I don' advise it, but I don't reckon yer'll be able ter hold 'er down either." Not that it was really her place to suggest she should be held down. "They're gettin' close enough ter let us know they're there, an' if we leave th' territory they let us know they're around. Once me an' my co-lead have our pups we'll sort em out. It's the waitin' that's frustratin'." Another huff of distaste left through her nostrils, jaws clenched and lips peeling back to hint at the teeth that would come if their company didn't keep their distance.

Inactive No Rank
Elias Selwyn

Elias couldn't say he was awfully surprised. Morganna seemed to be the sort who was wise beyond her years, that she'd been through a lot and lived to tell the tale. If he had to take advice from anyone he'd be more than willing to hear what she had to say. That said, she had read him right, Elias had no intentions of telling Nin what to do. He might...make suggestions here and there but she was her own woman with her own ways. Elias was merely...along for the ride.

The fact that they were pestering pack wolves too was rather troubling. The sooner they got the show on the road the better, or so Elias thought.

"I'm sure if anyone can deal with them it's you. What's your pack like?" He asked as he limped along through the mud. The wolves had recieved their message loud and clear, that seemed to appease the coyotes. For now.

Still, Elias could only hope the coyotes wouldn't follow them, the journey to their new home would be difficult enough without having to constantly look over their shoulders. Elias grimaced at the thought.