(See All?) Announcements
539 Users Online
Google, Bing, Neo

Warning Light — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Birtie Takes place right after this thread .

Now that they were clear of the coyotes there was something that he needed to discuss with the mother of his children. He wasn't going to let her get away from talking about it either. He was both angry about what she'd asked and concerned. He'd been right behind her the entire way back to the cove and once he'd made sure that Tagg was across the border and not going to do something stupid he went in search of her.

He followed her trail not hiding the fact that he was doing it this time. “Birtie, we need to talk,” he stated firmly when he might up with her. Perhaps it was a bit harsh but this was a serious matter and something he felt they needed to get worked out. He wanted to do it then and there especially now with packs of coyotes coming after them. He could tell her nothing was going to happen to him all day long but when it was all said and done he couldn't be certain what would happen.

Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
"Make my mark in the world
With a bat and a blade
It's a body of work that you can't ever change"

She thought that the walk back to the pack would have cooled her down, but the foul mood festered and bubbled. Her hackles still raised and her body language was clear to any that she was not in a socializing kind of mood. She didn't know where she was going. Maybe she'd keep walking till she couldn't walk anymore. Straight through the pack territory all the way back to the south.

Yeah, that sounded like a good plan because then she'd have not to depend on anyone else. There would be no question of what to do if something happened then. She'd only have herself to depend on and while that would be a heavy burden to bear she would accept it.

She halted her movements and turned around, a sharp huff escaping her. Her body language would convey her closed off feelings. If the dark male was smart he'd mind his distance from her. The leaning of her ears made it clear she was listening but she wasn't ready to speak just yet.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It was rather obvious when he caught up to her that her mood had only worsened and that he should have prepared for this as he followed her. It was a good sign that she hadn't outright attacked him but he wasn't stupid enough to get close enough she could lash out at him. He considered a pregnant female an unpredictable creature, Birtie was no exception.

So he kept a safe distance but he would be easily heard and the conversation kept private considering they were in the middle of the cove. He didn't particularly want any of the others to hear whatever was going to transpire between them.

“Do you think I would do something to put myself in danger of leaving our children, of leaving you?” Well that had to be a good start for not having had any idea on how to start this conversation. He wasn't going to let her bad mood scare him away, they were going to settle this.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
She needed to dump some feelings out, no need to match length. If you need any clarification for anything feel free to let me know

"Can I be light and free?
If I lead you through the fury will you call to me?
And is all that I might owe you carved on ivory?"

- Third of May by Fleet Foxes

The Parlow cared little who heard their squabbling. It wasn't her reputation on the line, was it? Everyone had side-eyed her from the beginning and acted as if she was some sort of the snake in the garden. So she'd spit on the lands and curse their names as much as she wanted. But Kajika? What about him? She knew full and well that the reputation of a leader was far too great to outweigh someone like her. Birtie had tried to climb the ranks swiftly, earn her spot as a strong force but somewhere she had failed and now...well, just look at her.

She was frazzled with nerves and maybe it wasn't hate that drove her into a (mental) corner worthy of lashing out from. Maybe it was the uncertainty of everything around her, the way things seemed to slip out from under her at every turn. She felt like she didn't even know herself anymore. Having been in charge of all of her situations prior to this had left her with little preparation when things seemed to tip out of her favor. Perhaps it had just been the ragged man's commands and the band of coyotes that pushed her over the edge.

His question caused her lips to sharply tug down. She didn't care who left her, never had but it was the life inside of her she was concerned about. She didn't want to wind up taking care of them by herself because heavens knew she'd fail them. I do. Her words were delivered swiftly. Maybe not intentionally but yes, I do think you would put yourself in that kind of danger. She wasn't done just yet either. You know why? Because you're caring and noble. Noble wolves don't know when to quit, become blindly foolish like that other male. Her words were sharp but her features softened from an anger to sadness.

Maybe I wouldn't care if you left me. The Parlow admitted as her gaze drifted to look at the earth below them. But I can't do this - Had she had the proper body form she might have gestured to her heavy sides. - alone. I can't give them everything they want all by myself. She doubted she could make a mother and she ever further doubted her ability to be able to play a mother and father role if it ever came to that.

Perhaps that was all her terribly put together way of admitting that she cared about him and whoever was growing within her - even if she so dearly loved acting like she didn't care.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
He got a little carried away. No need to match.

In the time that he had know the cream coated woman he had learned she would talk about how she was feeling when she wanted to. That moment with how angry she seemed he had to be honest he wasn't expecting her to talk much. Though he felt they had grown much closer there were some habits that we're hard to break, he never faulted her for them either.

He'd only showed patience and acceptance with her, at least that was what he hoped she felt he had done. He also understood that her pregnancy threw a lot of things out of balance for her after seeing Namid go through it. If he felt he could he would leave her alone until she wasn't so upset but yeah couldn't. This was something that needed to be addressed right away. He couldn't have her thinking and worrying about it.

So he waited after he spoke and as he saw her lips tug down he wasn't sure what to expect. He wanted to give her plenty of time in case she did have something she wanted to say. It wasn't a surprise that she thought he would put himself in such a situation. If she didn't she wouldn't have ever said what she had though he hadn't realized she thought such things about him. He took a step closer took her as her expression changed.

As she spoke he remained quiet do he could hear what she had to say. It was clear she needed some kind of reassurance which he hoped he could give her. He stepped closer so he could place a lick to her crown if she would allow it. “I won't lie to you Birtie, I am not the kind of leader that can stand back and let my subordinates get hurt. Things have changed for me and now I have you and our children to think about. Before I was like Tagg, I would have faced those coyotes and hoped for the best but now all I wanted was to get us to safety. I made you a promise and I don't break my promises."

A smile formed on his maw as she spoke again, typical Birtie, he didn't say anything until she expressed her worries. “And I will do everything in my power to make sure you don't have to. We are in this together every step of the way. Together we will give them everything they want and we will help each other.” He hoped he had been able to reassure her some but he knew there was something he needed to address because she needed to know. The alpha looked at the ground between them himself. “But Birtie,” he said quietly, “If something ever did happen to me you know you're not alone. Moonshadow, she would help you in every way she could. She will love our children like they are her own. You know that right?” He needed her to know that because he knew how unpredictable the future could be.

(This post was last modified: Apr 26, 2018, 05:00 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

And I throw my heart back to the ocean

Her head dipped down as he placed a lick on it. She couldn't stop her brows from shoving together over her grungy eyes. Everyone broke their promises at some point. She had broken her promise to her own mother to stay home and she was sure everyone else she knew had broken promises too.

The first part of his words were somewhat hopeful. Maybe she could do it if she had someone else helping her, the father of them helping her. It was the next series of words that caused her face to contort into something new. A something that maybe one emotion couldn't describe. While she didn't mind Moonshadow, Birtie would never do that. She would never willingly take that option. "If something awful happens to you, I'm going home and taking the children with me. They would end up being raised there surrounded by my own family. I will not burden anyone here if something happens. I refuse to." Nor would she feel as comfortable without his presence. It was decided then and there what would happen if fate snatched the dark male unexpectedly.

How morbid in the most loving way to be making such arrangements.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

She allowed the lick to her forehead which to him was a good sign. Then he did his best to reassure her but experience told him that he could speak the words all day. They may bring some comfort but this was something that would need to be reinforced with actions. He knew in his heart it would take a lot to keep him from the family that he now had. Still the future was uncertain, the coyotes they had encountered was only another testament to that as was everything that had transpired the previous spring.

A promise that he knew he could keep was the one that she would not have to do this alone. He'd been by her side for the weeks she'd been pregnant and before that and he had no plans to leave now. He'd grown to care for her as more than just the mother of his children in the time that they had known each other. Still they did have to face the possibility that something could happen to him. He knew that Moonshadow and Tagg would both be there for Birtie and the children if something happened. He trusted them the most when it came to Birtie and his children.

The cream coated she wolf had other plans however which brought a nod of understanding from him. “I understand and if something awful did happen to me you have to do what is best for you and them Birtie. I hope that it doesn't ever have to come to that though and I will do everything in my power to keep from you having to go through that.”