(See All?) Announcements
385 Users Online
Bing, Apollo, Oleander

Lets learn.
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hope who has 110 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Silver Wintercoat
Silver entered the hollow hoping to find Elettra. She wanted to learn from the best, and she had been told that Elettra was this. She went deeper into the hollow and looked around. She was amazed at the structure of the hollows walls. Silver could feel the places where the wolves laid and sniffed the air, remembering the scent. Silver was determined to find Elettra. She thought of finding her as, her first step into learning.

Silver finally decided to look else where than the hollow. She walked out and her toe clicked on some rock, making her jump.<b>"I didn't notice that when I came in her,"</b>she said. She lifted her head and continued to walk towards the hollow entrance. She stopped and took a sweeping glance at the inside of the hollow, then walked outside."She has to be around here somewhere," Silver thought as she walked away from the hollow.
"If I had to chose between you and me, well it depends on my reason."
-Silver
Grizzly Hollow
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
for time-line sake since I don't know whats going to happen in the thread with jays and kiche, im going to say its before that if thats okay..

"Who is it your looking for?" Came the voice from just behind, watching as the newly woman of the pack exited the pack's den and out into the open of the forest once more. Elettra had kept watch less and less at the den's opening, with the children having grown much and were now venturing on their own. Elettra would have to track further and further if she was going to keep watch on the children, as they grew and roamed father from home. Elettra, for the moment, had been relaxing not far off, having returned to find this woman- newly scented with Jaysyek, though still no more then a stranger in El's pale eyes.
Inactive No Rank
Silver Wintercoat
okay,Silver doesn't know Elettra so she is going to be on edge to.

Silver spun around to see a dark wolf behind her. She didn't know where she had come from, but was hoping she could tell her where to find Elettra.Silver scented the air and felt as thought the female was higher than her. Showing submission Silver asked,<b>"Do you know where I can find a wolf by the name of Elettra around?"</b>Then she sat up to explain,<b>"Jaysyek said that I should find her so I could learn some more healing."</b>

Silver looked at the smaller wolf. The she-wolf was smaller than her, but seemed wiser and older than
her. She was a little scared of the wolf, despite her appearance. To Silver the wiser she-wolf had already deserved respect. Silver was watching the wolf with intense curiosity.
-Silver
Grizzly Hollow
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Large was the woman before her, easily outmatching her weight of one hundred pounds flat. With even a sniff, Elettra could tell that that were around the same age, if Elettra not being a bit older due to soon her age to be turned to four. Still, the other woman offered her respect with a lowered tail and stance of submission. It was only as she should, as Elettra was second in the lands and this woman only having just arrived. Already, the woman before her seemed worth of Elettra's time, if not by her physical strength but by their familiarities with the knowledge of herbs.
Apparently her vast knowledge in healing with the flora of the lands had gotten out, sweeping over the lands as the medic of Relic Lore. Elettra had to admit, she was proud to know that her name was circling, proud to be known without the need of meeting them face to face. This would not be her first lesson to be had, having met up with a man prior whom was just as curious to learn as she. A delicate smirk pressed to Elettra's mug, offering only this for a moment in silence, whilst a pale, silvery gaze looked over the other woman delicately. “You come to me in the winter to learn of herbal remedies?” It seemed a poor decision to Elettra, for she would be limited on her supply whilst things were not growing from the cold and snow, but Elettra figured she could teach her a thing or two perhaps until the seasons permitted a bit more.
"Come." It's a simple demand, hoping the girl would take quick to understanding that it was she whom was Elettra and although the winter would limit her teachings greatly, the dark lady was still willing to offer with what supplies she did harbor. Hoping that the larger woman would follow, Elettra made way towards her infirmary where with her muzzle she would motion the woman to come inside before slipping into the small den herself.
Inactive No Rank
Silver Wintercoat
Silver was a bit bigger than the she-wolf, and hoped she didn't seem threatening. She listened to the she-wolf, hanging on every last word. Silver got the message, "So this is Elettra. She seemed nice enough," Silver thought. nodding she followed the female. She had noticed the season and new that most plants would not be around, but it was a head start.

Silver followed Elettra to a small den. It smelled of plants and menidies. It was a smell Silver could understand, being that foxes used herbs to help sick kits and themselves. Silver entered the den following the Elettra's muzzle. She was relieved to see the plants that laid in neat pills.
-Silver
Grizzly Hollow
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Centering herself within the den, Elettra would pause to allow the woman to come in along. The room in the den was small, the main opening fitting for three wolves at the most, but with Silver and her own size, it was still rather cramped. Off to the side was another dug out opening, filled with her main collection of herbs. El would move to lay along the side of the wall here, reaching her head in to pull out things that would begin her small lesson.

“A lot of what can be done is based on fresh leaves, flowers, or seeds. In the winter without blooms, I'm limited.” The words were a grumble from her lips, and she came out with a few twigs in her mouth, settling them before the woman known as Silver, but still having yet to introduce herself. "These are bramble twigs. If it is chewed into a fine syrup, it will end up helping you sleep. This," she speaks as she pulls out something else. "Is roots of black cohosh. They are chewed and used to reduces mucus production, aid in birth, and is helpful with poisonous snakebite. It also relieves pain. Do not use in pregnancy unless the wolf is in labor as it will cause a miscarriage." She warns delicately then to the other woman. "I don't have any at the moment, but of course, cobwebs can be used to help stop bleeding when pressed into the wound. Generally only used with wounds that risk bleeding heavily as they can cause increased risk of infection."
She would take the roots and twigs that she had laid out then, placing them back into the confines of her storage area. Once finished, her attention would be placed back onto the unknown woman before her, though still smelling thickly of a Grizzly Hollow member despite her lack of knowledge of the woman. "Tell me, what already do you know of? Comfrey, perhaps? Poppy or Sage?" After all, Elettra would hate to have to repeat herself.
Inactive No Rank
Silver Wintercoat
Silver tried to keep space between her and the unknown female, but with such small space to move around she had a hard time. Finally, Silver sat making shore that she didn't bump anything. She watched as the female pulled out sticks and twigs of veracious kinds. She listened carefully as the she-wolf said each type and what they are used for. Silver nodded showing that she understood. Silver carefully analyzed every thing the she-wolf said.

Silver perked her ears up when the question was asked and said,<b>"Mother told me that poppy seeds are good for stomach ache and to sleep. Though that is for foxes," she unacknowledged the end and continued," Mother also said that marigold is also good for preventing infection of wounds. Though I haven't been here long and also haven't had the chance to be here in spring so I don't know if it grows here or not."</b> Yela stopped to get a breath and gather her thoughts. Starting to speak again she said,<b>"She taught me about cobwebs. She said to always know areas where you can find them."</b>

Silver stopped and moved to unruffle her shoulder fur to expose the scar that was hiden from site. Then she said,<b>"Some plants I found sure did the trick, but I don't remember what they where,"</b> the memory was faint, but she remembered the day she had ran into the tree. She remembered the wolf she had meet. Rhysis, the bastard. Silver didn't know if she should add this, but she guessed it would show knowledge of plants.<b>"Mother taught me about deathberries and the poison you can make from them," Silver stopped and then quickly added,"I don't really remember names of plants, but sometimes I can figure them out by taste or smell."</b> She did't know if it had helped or worsened her presentation of herself. Silver than remember that she had never told the she-wolf her name.<b>"Its Silver, Silver Wintercoat,"</b> the female said.
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2012, 04:32 PM by SilverWintercoat.)
-Silver
Grizzly Hollow
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
As the female had listened to her, now Elettra would listen carefully in turn. She knew of marigold, poppy, and of course, the cobwebs and although these were the only few things specifically, Elettra would be left to wonder of how exactly far her knowledge extended, having the ability to know the plants by sight and smell, but not really name. Elettra had found herself amazing when it came to remembering names, suiting her well now in her art of the herbal healing treatments. Even the usefulness of knowing poisonous plants served well in certain situations, although El's own knowledge of them was little. She was not so much a death dealing then she was a healer, for she would prefer if doing harm, do to is face to face.
When the woman's name was revealed, Elettra would bow her muzzle delicately. The name seemed fitting enough, granted her silver toned coating and by her last name, Elettra could only assume she came from a more northern reason, though her interest did not extend far enough to ask. "There is ginger and ginseng roots as well, none of which I have found in these lands, but with their own qualities; the first to soothe the stomach and reduce fever and the latter to help a wolf that may have a lack of energy or to reduce stress in a wolf." She commented on these roots, which she would be able to store during the winter, if only she could find them. "...And speaking of poisons. There is yew. I don't have it now, but it has the ability to force a wolf to puke up poisons, should they eat anything sour..." Lastly, she would dip her head into the smaller outcrop of her den, enough to pull out her muzzle once more, settling down a few small seeds- some of which would get stuck to her tongue, forcing her to swallow a few here and there. But what was there, were small, rounded seeds, yellowish in hue. "Mustard seeds are to be ground up into a paste and placed externally upon the wolf to reduce chest congestion, inflammation to injuries and joint pain." She would muse over this delicately before allowing herself to lift once more back up, making way to exit towards the den. "I think that will be it, for now."
Inactive No Rank
Silver Wintercoat
-I so just wrote everything down on paper. :)

Silver listened wisely to the female. Her ears where pricked and she absorbed the information like a sponge. As she talked Silver watched how the female delicately moved the plants, except for the mustard seeds. Silver found it a little hard to hold back her laughter as the female swallowed some. Silver was a rather good listener and had quite a nose on her. She lifted her muzzle a bit every time remembering the scent of the plant, root or seed.

Silver was surprised at all that she remembered. She was exited to have started and learned names and smells of more plants. She cataloged them in her brain, first by scent then by name. She followed the wolf as they left the den. She stopped behind the wolf and sniffed the air as a breeze went by. She smelled spring, yes it was a a funny thing. She looked at the female felling a bit closer to her than any other wolf she had known, well anything fox wise. For some reason she looked at the female with utmost respect. Silver laughed at the thought of having her as a mother and yet it was good to have at least a teacher.

Silver looked at the female and asked hesitantly,<b>"Its Elettra right? Do you want me to come back later, or even...."</b> Silver stopped her self and smiled. She watched the she-wolf's stance. Knowing that she was indeed higher than her, Silver tucked in her tail. She stepped forward and licked the underside of the she-wolf's chin. Silver didn't know if she should have done it, being raised by foxes, but felt it was needed. Silver backed up again, and looked at the she-wolf waiting fore a reaction.
(This post was last modified: Feb 26, 2012, 01:37 AM by SilverWintercoat.)
-Silver
Grizzly Hollow
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
i have a list of like 30 things saved in openoffice. XD

Seven of so things were taught this day, mainly of roots used for healing, some of which she did not have and did not know if they had the ability to grow in these lands, but they were taught none the less, even if she did loose some seeds to her own belly in the process. Mustard seeds were so small, after all!
Exitting the den, Elettra's eyes would narrow upon the light of day, readjusting her gaze from the darkness of the den they had been in only moments ago. Her attention would turn back to the other woman, only at her laugh, a single ear turning back in question, though Elettra did not both to speak up on the wondrous laughter. To think that the woman might thought of her as 'motherly' would have been a laugh of its own, granted Elettra having never had children of her own before. That, and their own similar age.
When the girl spoke, Elettra was quick to correct her with the proper and former nature of her full name: "Elettra Archer." She would confirm, but only this would get out before the female before her would yet once more dip down before her submissively, tucking her tail and moving forth to lap at her chin respectfully. Elettra would tense, uneasy to the submissive way of licking one's higher-up, though did not speak on her disinterest. After all, such a gesture was common in show of respect and thanks to their council and although El grew up in a much harsher setting, would understand the lick, if not become accepting of it now.
Elettra would clear her throat, lowering her creamy white chin so she could view the woman fuller, black silky ears falling back against her skull. "...Or even, what?" It was curiosity that made her ask the question, seeing as the woman's voice had trailed off. Surely, Elettra would allow the woman to return to her at a later time, to learn of more remedies. After all, El did not wish to throw everything she knew at the woman at once, for it would be easier to learn a little at a time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »