(See All?) Announcements
546 Users Online
Google, Jethro, Bing

The final stand — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 488 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall
For anyone, multiples welcome! I want to try to keep it a bit more fast pace however so please consider that when joining.

and with a spark its going to be

It was but days away from when Ravenna would be giving birth to her first litter of puppies. Though throughout the pregnancy she was nervous in these coming days a finalization was overcoming her. She had done everything she could. She had gathered herbs for her and @Leotie to prepare for the few days before birthing and after the birth. She had tired to stay calm and safe, though life had seemed to through various kinks in the road - running into Elias again after being chased off by a bear and Adeltra getting injured, Nicolo's death and of the course the most recent chase from the coyotes. She had taken the den which Enoki had used when she had @Adeltra and Romanov, taking some of her favorite furs and bringing them here and cleaning up the place. There was nothing else she could do but hope that the very birth itself went well and soon time would tell.

It was late in the day and by now the sun was beginning to set, the sky brightening with reds, purples and blues as the bright sun decended from the clear sky. Another day would be ending and another day passing before the arrival of her pups. By now and since the incounter with the coyote, Ravenna had taken it upon herself to keep away from the majority of the hustle and bustle of pack life. She did not do patrols around the border, did not go beyond it for herbs and did not greet visitors. Her last outing had been with @Blackmoore and she had more or less had not seen much of him since - not Lilith, Koda, Cassanova or Enia. In fact her in counters were limited to her two family members, her second and the man which was fathering her pups.

At sixty days pregnant Ravenna's body had changed to the final stages before birth: her hips had widened as the pups shifted within her so ready themselves for their exit into the world. It was likely that Ravenna seemed a little antsy as she ruffled the feathers and furs in her den and began eating herbs that would help to soothe her. Likely @Blitz and Sven were responsible for keeping the majority of the pack at bay in order to keep her at ease. Soon, the silver woman kept thinking to herself....Soon.

the biggest fire they've ever seen
(This post was last modified: Apr 30, 2018, 01:08 AM by Ravenna.)
Played by Kai who has 589 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys
not looking for some fairytale bliss

Since the standoff with the coyotes there had been only one thing in her mind, her pups. She was worried about the birth, about how it would go, what to expect. She'd never done it before and her nerves were at an all time high. She'd been doing everything she could to try and stay calm and quiet. With the fear of the coyotes lingering Leotie had done her best to stay away from the borders. She'd stuck mostly to her den that she'd prepared for the pups with furs and soft bedding. She wanted to he perfect so a lot of time had been spent arranging things and rearranging.

There was still one thing that she wanted to do before she would no longer be able. The Agouti woman knew the preparations that Ravenna had been doing for them both. She was sure that there would be nothing a miss but that wasn't what concerned her. She was worried how her friend was doing. Ravenna was a first time mother too so she had to be feeling some of the same things that the second was feeling.

When she felt she couldn't rearrange the den any more Leotie decided that maybe some time away from the den and a talk with her friend would help. That endeavor of course had its own reminders of just how close she had to be to giving birth. She felt huge as she padded in the direction of Enoki's ok'd den where she hope to find Ravenna. She had felt the changes of her body that were strange but also a comfort, just another confirmation that the pups we're in their way and she would get to meet them soon. That was something she couldn't wait for.

She soon found Ravenna and greeted her with a brush of her side against the silver woman's, “How are you doing?” She inquired with a smile.

i want something just like this
Please see Kajika's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
  Joining Willow Ridge required adjusting, but he was happy to back in the Lore and felt tingles of nostalgia when he walked the land alone, inhaling the scents and taking in the marvelous sights that had all been forgotten until now. His memory was foggy at best but he remembered bits and pieces of this land and enjoyed the way his paws gripped the moist earth, the stench of earth and foliage strong on the wind. He had taken the time to distance himself from the remainder of the pack, he was a wolf slow to warm up to others and preferred the company of wolves he knew well--his son had quickly become his primary company. Today he was without Chiron and in search of the female lead, Ravenna, it had been some time since their last encounter and he felt it was well overdue for them to speak once more. It didn't take him long to find her and in her company was another wolf, a female who was also heavily pregnant. He wondered if it would be best to hold off seeking the pale lead out in an effort to give her the space she needed and prepare for the birth of future Ridge wolves but he was already here and it was hard to conceal his bulky form.  "Ladies, I hope I am not intruding?" he offered, dipping his head and nudging each one softly with his moist nose before eyes turned to Ravenna, a smile spreading the length of his lips.  "I wouldn't have guessed you to be of child bearing age, perhaps a yearling at best." he joked, and continued. "but you both make it look relatively easy."  he said, although from his previous experience with Iopah, he knew that caring pups was not as easy as it looked.

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

She was minding herself, happy in this silence for the time being and yet another part of her still craved the attention and care of her pack members. It didn't take long for her wish to be granted, as Leotie made her way into Ravenna's direction. The silver hued Amazon paused in her actions of fiddling with lavender when Leotie came along and brushed along her side, their rounded bellies touching one another. "Well enough, I think..." She spoke for everything seemed like it was going well, the pregnancy as least, though it was hard telling since she did not know what to expect. Witnessing a pregnancy and birthing was far different then being a part of it. "I just, my stomach feels awkward and the extra weight has worn me down alot." She had felt on and off nauseated although had not thrown up much and hoped it was because she had kept up with her herbal remedies. Hunger had been her biggest thing and when she wasn't hungry she was just damn right tired.

"Have a sit, I was just gathering this clutch of lavender to bring to your den. This last week is going to be most stressful. It's just the waiting..." She spoke with a grumble. By now Koda had come along, his large tawny form making way into the hilly clearing and towards them. Ravenna offered a quick shake of her head to his first question, moving into his touch of greeting he offered both her and Leotie. He was a polite old wolf, that was for sure and it did not seem the years had yet broken him down like it had some others she had known.

She smirks to his words, offering a huff and rolling her eyes into the direction of Leotie, offering her a shoulder bump then and afterwards turned her attention back to Koda. "We are both first time mothers this year, actually. Their sires are first time fathers, too." In fact, besides Koda himself there was no one left in the ranks she knew who have been parents now that both Lorcan and Nicolo were gone. She wondered then how much experience Koda had with children then. Obviously an least nearly a year's worth, given Chiron's age, but what about his time elsewhere over the years? Besides her own personal story teller of the Ridge past times perhaps he would be of use elsewhere too, helping to teach and protect the future of the pack.

(This post was last modified: May 09, 2018, 06:07 PM by Ravenna.)

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

It hadn't been hard to find Ravenna and when she did the silver woman had a bunch of purple flowers that we're rather fragrant. It was a pleasant smell but her attention was more directed toward her friend and how she was doing. “I'm glad to hear that, me as well.” At least she thought she was since it was her first time and she didn't know what to expect. Nothing felt off to her besides a few bouts of nausea which she usually just combated by lying still with her eyes closed for awhile until it passed. She smiled and nodded understanding exactly what Ravenna meant, “I feel the same way and it's been getting harder to find a comfortable position to be in.” Mostly Leotie had found she wanted to sleep a lot more and when she wasn't doing that she was eating or just laying quietly resting. It felt so unnatural to her to be doing nothing but she felt it was something she would have to get used to. At least until the pups were old enough to be left with a sitter.

“Thank you,” she said when Ravenna told her to have a sit. She sat back on her haunches as her alpha explained about the flowers she had. “I think they might just be what my den needs. I've already spent most of the morning rearranging it. Maybe they will help me to settle too.” She was sure her rearranging was due to her nerves about the birth. A male joined them whim she wasn't very familiar with and surprised her with his touch of greeting. The Agouti woman smiled in return and shook her head as he asked if he was intruding.

She watched the exchange between the two and found herself smiling again at his compliment. A gentle nudge was given to Ravenna's cheek as she was bumped in her shoulder. She then nodded in agreement with her friends words. “I suppose it's good we look like we know what we're doing even if we doing feel like it,” she joked looking between the two before letting her blue gaze settled on the man. “I'm Leotie Rhys it's nice to finally have a chance to speak with you.” Since he was new to the pack and she'd been so busy with preparations she hadn't had a chance to speak with the man as she normally would. It was good they meet now since she would be in her den much more often soon enough.

Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
Short, sorry! x.x

He smiled, settling onto his haunches as Ravenna introduced him to the equally pregnant Leotie and filling him in on the fact that they were not only first parents but so were their mates. He was happy for the pale woman and her second in command, they were carrying the future of the pack in their bellies and instinctively, as he'd done with Iopah, he wanted to do as much as he could to ensure their safety. "You both look great," he added, his tail wagging behind him stiffly, "is there anything I can do to help?" he offered, seeing as he had time left in the day he wouldn't mind sharing it with the women and helping with the burden of preparing the dens.

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Hussar who has 102 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Blackmoore Northcrest

A lot have changed in the past twenty four hours, that's for sure. One could start with wondering what's the actual chance for that your friends face will be the first one for you to see after just barely entering a grove in which her pack was supposed to exist, right? But if that would not be enough, whats the chance you'll get attacked by rabid mongrels and learn that the friend, who as you last spoke - told you quite clearly they have alphas above her, has become one herself? Blackmoore wasn't the type to gamble, but the male would say that chances for all three to happen at the same time were equal to almost zero. But the world loves to do the impossible, in turn giving the dark male a lot of to wrap his head around since yesterday. e could swear that life loves to screw with people like him from time to time.

And oh, joining Willow Ridge could be another, fourth, thing to be thrown into this - increasing the negative odds of all to happen on the same day. But since the male had come south just to do this, it didn't seemed fair to include in the equation. Besides, there was nothing to wrap one's head around in that. Some would perhaps say that he had even been lucky, as thanks to coyotes the male had avoided the formalities like ones he had to go through last winter when he'd join the White Fir Notch before it crumbled. But Blackmoore however didn't seem to look at it that way. After all, he did what every decent person would do or rather - should do in his position. Neither the man sought applause for just doing the necessary when opportunity had been created...

Yet it had been quite a huge change for the man, one of the kind that leaves one quite restless for a while. Though that probably was caused more by the coyotes more than anything. After all, yesterday they had endangered his friend but tomorrow they could endanger the pups. And it wasn't going to matter "who's pups" those would be. Hence why Blackmoore had spent most of the past day and a half getting familiar with borders of Willow Ridge, a place he might come to call home in the future. Hopefully that is. For now however the male wanted to make sure that scoundrels were kept at bay, noting the tracks in the vicinity and what not. So far it proved his theory correct, as much at least as one could call an assumption based on two encounters he had with coyotes in the past month as a "theory". Yet it seemed that they have stayed away from the borders for the most part. It didn't meant though that there shouldn't be anything done about them in the future. Hopefully others, besides Blitz, would agree with him on this...

It was with thoughts like this that man had retired from his patrol and head back towards the center of the pack. Inhaling the new scents as the sky was getting more colorful with the sun coming down to kiss the horizon. It didn't took the male long to come across the trace of familiar scents from yesterday, one belonging to Ravenna and the other to a still unknown woman that was first to appear in response to her call out for help. Only now the man realized that in the hustle and bustle of yesterday he didn't exactly caught on her name. The thought have tipped the scale, as the dark male decided to come over, say hi and perhaps entertain himself with a chat before resting a while after his investigation.

It was only when the male have found them, that his eyes saw that another male have beaten him to the idea. It didn't discouraged him however, as Blackmoore strolled towards the group. Besides, it was perhaps best to get to know the faces of his new packmates before the events of yesterday fade away from collective memory. "Hello and greetings" He'd said, tipping his head lightly as he'd come closer before smiling lightly. First to Ravenna, before turning to others. "I'm glad to see both of you in no worse state than yesterday," He'd begun, turning his head to Leotie as the man continued. "I'm afraid though that I haven't got to learn your name yesterday..." It was only after Blackmoore joined the group he had a chance to look more closely at the other two people that have joined the silvery woman. Noting the fact that the other male seemed older... And experienced. "Neither yours, sir." He'd spoke as he looked on Koda, adding sir simply for the fact he'd recognized the male's age. A momentary pause came upon him as the male chewed on what his next words should be. After all, it all could be easily explained by admitting that he'd been admitted yesterday but somehow the dark male didn't liked how this would sound in his own ears. "I'm Blackmoore." He'd stated simply, yet courteously as he smiled briefly to Leotie and Koda before giving Ravenna a glance.

Late is late. But I promise to be shorter in next replies, just so it happens this is the first post I'm making in timeline after Currahee, so I had to imagine what he's been doing after acceptance and how he'd took it in. :)
(This post was last modified: May 17, 2018, 09:08 PM by Blackmoore. Edit Reason: New Skin! )
Inactive No Rank
Ravenna Archer-Lyall

"I knoooowww..." She spoke to her friend in regards to her mentioning not being able to find a comfortable position to be in. "I'm so tired and it's like I keep stirring around because I can't sleep on my stomach right and then the pups decide to give me a kick in the gut." And of course then she either had to go out and do one of the two 'P's- pee or puke. Pregnancy sure was wonderful, wasn't it? Though Ravenna came to realize it was only the last few weeks that were the most annoying, wanting more then nothing to just have the pups out and into the world. Watching children grow, teaching them, guiding them and seeing them to become something to be proud of, she knew it would be worth it despite all the annoyances. She felt this with Adelta and Romanov and she had not even carried them herself.

Leotie spoke about the lavender as she settled down then, placing her attention on to the older man in the group as she nudged Ravenna's shoulder and touched her cheek. Ravenna shifted, making herself comfortable in a sit down close by her Beta's side as her attention fixed onto Koda. She listened to him speak, her pale silver gaze shifting between her and Leotie before then speaking as he went to finish. "Koda here was a part of the founding members when my mother created this pack nearly six years ago now. His son, Chiron is here as well, if I didn't tell you already..." She may have, in passing or even perhaps Leotie heard it when Ravenna mentioned it to @Sven for she knew she had told him, liking to keep as up to date with her co-leader obviously as possible. So far the pair even though they were not a mated couple, had been doing quite well with returning Willow Ridge to its former familiar, strong, and unified glory.

"We only have a few days left before the due dates, I feel. I don't really have anything on my end, however perhaps Leotie does?" She turned her attention then to Leotie questioningly before back to Koda. "I'm sure over the years and the different packs you were in you had a lot of experience with children and as I said before I would love to listen to some of your stories of Willow Ridge previously... I'm sure when the pups are born, us and them will keep you quite on your toes." She spoke with a smirk and small laugh.

The sound of her chuckle ended with the arrival of another as her dark gray ears perked, her attention turned to the latest arrival to this patch of territory where the mothers had decided to have their birthing dens. It was Blackmoore. She would dip her muzzle downward in a greeting to the dark coated man and listened in silently as he introduced himself formerly to both Leotie and Koda. A little bit of a sit down with some of her pack mates would be good for all of them, especially the two mothers before the lot of their attention was places to their newborns until they were able to interact with the rest of the pack.

Inactive No Rank
Leotie Rhys

Much of Leotie was glad that she had Ravenna and that they were both going through pregnancy for the first time together. Having her friend be able to sympathize with her and having her to talk to made it a little easier. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to not have anyone there at all. “It's the same with me,” she said with a small laugh, “They just don't understand we need to sleep too. They always kick or move at just the wrong time.” Like when she is almost asleep and then she feels a kick to one of her sides. Often Leotie found herself talking to them trying to settle them back down. She didn't know if they could hear her or not but she supposed it made her feel better.

The Agouti woman was grateful for the chance to sit, she'd found that her paws grew tired faster now that she was carrying the extra weight. She listened contently as Ravenna and Koda spoke until it was her turn, she was glad to get the chance to meet him before she wouldn't be spending much time with her packmates. Her blue eyes went to Ravenna as she explained about Koda’s previous time with Willow Ridge. “Oh yes, you must be very happy to see the pack still thriving. I am looking forward to meeting Chiron as well.” Leotie did remember hearing about the father and son joining the ridge. With the preparations and her pregnancy she'd let it slip her mind.

Leotie shook her head as the question was directed toward her, “I don't think I have anything either but I appreciate the offer. Perhaps you could check in later in case I think of something.” She thought she had everything in order but she also knew it was easy to forget things as well. She listened as Ravenna spoke again, her tail wagging gently behind her. “I would love to hear some of your stories as well especially those of Willow Ridge if you don't mind sharing? I would like to he able to tell them to my children when they are old enough.” Having her pups know about their heritage was something that remained important to the Agouti woman. She may not be able to tell them of her own family but she could make sure they knew of their father's.

As they were joined by another Leotie quickly recognized him as the wolf that had helped Ravenna the previous day. “Hello,” she greeted the man politely after he had uttered his greetings to them. He spoke of their condition and not learning her name the previous day. “I'm Leotie, it's nice to formally meet you Blackmoore.” their numbers seemed to he growing again which was good since she and Ravenna would be out of commission for awhile yet.