406 Users Online
Google, Bing, Adelard, Apollo

Wolf and I — Aurora Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
Set after this thread

Kino had left @Sahalie in a comfortable little crevice well into the territory, nervous about leaving her anywhere near the borders should a crazy coyote get brave enough to sneak inside. They normally didn’t have the guts, but stranger things had been happening. He’d left her a kiss on the cheek, promising her to return and insisting she try to get some sleep if she could, before turning to follow after @Kyna in the direction of the med den. He looked around the territory as they meandered along, the tall woman, who matched his bulk in nearly everything except for perhaps a hair’s length, traveling slower than he was sure was normal for her but still at a more comfortable pace to him than Hal’s little legs could provide. “You picked an interesting spot. How long have you been set up?” he asked curiously as they went, a small limp hindering his normally fluid steps.

(This post was last modified: May 01, 2018, 12:39 AM by Kino.)
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Interesting?

Yes, that was one way to put it.

Kyna was not ignorant to the fact that most wolves would likely avoid the mountain, with its rocky terrain and steep slopes. It lacked the cover of a dense forest, or the vast expanse offered by rolling plains – but it had a freedom all its own, in the cold, thin air. The corner of her mouth tipped upwards as she faced Alastor, eyes smiling.

“I was born not far from here. When we were forced to leave, I swore I’d come back. And so I did. We set up…shortly before Revon was born.” Kyna had to think for a moment. Almost a full turn of seasons already. It was amazing how time seemed to creep forward until you looked back, and then it flowed through a wolf’s paws with nothing to stop up. “Almost a full year, I suppose. We’ve remained small. It is very quiet here. There was a constant churn, for a while…though it seems our group is settling down, finally.”

It almost surprised Kyna how much she spoke as they walked – the medical cache was a bit of a ways off from the main pack den. The problem with rocky terrain, as it were, was that sometimes it was simpler to just bend to the wills of the earth, and not wear one’s own paws to nubs trying to scratch away at stone.

Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

The silver man’s brows rose in surprise when the Heights Queen revealed she’d been born not far from the territory. He never would have pictured her being born in such a place, though he supposed she did move like the mountain was a part of her. It was like Kyna’s body had the movements necessary to traverse the rocks memorized. Place her paw in this place because of the way the rocks held to avoid tripping, lift your paws a bit higher to avoid kicking them all over the place, things that Kino did not know himself. She also spoke that it had been set up just before Revon had been born, just a year before. It seemed so strange to him, that his friends were having children. Hell, his brother had a child. More importantly, he was having a child. How time truly did continue without anyone’s permission.

He listened quietly as she spoke about their ups and downs, finishing with the good news that things seemed to be settling down for them. ”I’m glad things are doing better for you. You definitely seem happy at the moment to me, albeit perhaps a little…uncomfortable, he mused with a small smirk, topaz eyes flickering to the side to eye her enormous belly as they moved. Boy, was he glad he’d been born a boy.

(This post was last modified: May 03, 2018, 01:27 AM by Kino.)
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

The mountain was a part of Kyna, and she in turn was part of the mountain. When her life inevitably ended someday, she wanted to be returned to it, as her father was. (Though she rather hoped her own death was much more peaceful than the heart attack Phineas seemed to suffer suddenly.)

She moved easily – as easily as a heavily pregnant wolf could, at any rate – towards the makeshift medical cache. One day, they’d really need a properly trained wolf to fill this role. It was a shame she did not know anyone she could attempt to coax into joining.

“Uncomfortable? Yes… That’s one way to put it,” she sighed, cut off with a grunt. Her ears flexed backwards and she looked cross, if only for a moment. “They are kicking. I do not remember Revon being so…difficult.” That came later in life, apparently. Maybe if this litter was such trouble now, they’d spare Kyna the heartaches later on. “Anyways. It is a small price to pay, I suppose. It seemed worse when I was younger. I could have sworn my mother was going to explode when she had her second daughter.”

And it was just one! One! Surely Kyna hadn’t looked that bloated when she’d been carrying Revon. (Or now. Surely…)

“How is Hal doing?”

Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh

Kyna’s features turned into one that was less than pleased and he winced, preparing himself for a nip to the shoulder. But, as luck would have it, it seemed her displeasure wasn’t from his comment but rather from them kicking. Well, lucky for him he supposed. He looked once more to her stomach, wondering if he would be able to see little paws pressing out from the inside. All he could see was the sway of her ballooned abdomen.

He chuckled when she mentioned Aponi. “You’re not wrong. But I think she’d have exploded right back. Your mother’s got some kick in her,” he mused. He remembered the way the silver female had looked when she’d gotten nearer to her birthing date. Indeed she’d been huge, but perhaps that had just been her smaller size. Her fiery daughter, however, was indeed large in stature but looked just as big. If Aponi in her stature had seemed so bloated with one, he wondered how many Kyna could be carrying.

He tilted his head at the last question, pondering how he should respond. “She’s better than she has been. It was really rough there for a while,” he said honestly. The Heights queen was a close friend, he knew he could trust her. ”She’s definitely been a bit snappier lately though. And she wants to burrow all. The. time. It’s a part of what got us into trouble before. I dunno, I’m just...trying to keep her happy and safe,” he commented, not sure if he’d really answered the question or not.

Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

“Some kick.”

Oh, there was a laugh. Not a literal one (some part of Kyna still worried if her mother would hear it and come stomping halfway across the forest), but the idea still amused her. She was fairly certain she could go well beyond the woods themselves, and Aponi’s presence would still preceed her. But, at this point, unless someone knew her as a pup, they likely had no idea she was Aponi’s daughter. Different names. Different builds and colors. Different types of wolf.

(Or so she thought.)

She listened to Alastor carefully as he explained their situation, careful to remain neutral. Some part of her wanted to ask – but the rest of her mind knew quite well she wouldn’t appreciate if someone pried into her affairs with Greer if they hadn’t been offered. So she hummed and nodded, taking stock, and little else. “Well, she needs a birthing den. That’s hardly her fault,” she replied mildly, trying not to feel defensive. He’d never been a father before, after all. How would he know? “You’re doing a good job though, you know. There’s no way of really knowing, I think. This time is already different than last, so.” She shrugged, trying to soothe it a little. “You two are welcome to stay as long as you want. Or come back here, if you decide to leave. You are both my friends.”

Sorry for the delay!