(See All?) Announcements
534 Users Online
Bing, Google

back it up, delores — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok
For @Yuka, but otherwise AW.

It was coming to be time. While there was much yet to confirm, she could feel within the swell of her gut that she was running out of days to ensure that everything was just so. If they did not act soon, Nineva would either give birth here or somewhere atop the mountain, neither of which she wanted to accept as an option. The woman was determined that her children would not have their start at this side of the range, and certainly not within the confines of the Hollow's ruins.

This sense of impending action had been imparted upon @Elias as well as the boys, @Ramiel and @Judas. There were others in the forest with them, but with nothing yet sworn they would be left to their own devices. One wolf, however, would be explicitly sought out; her brother Yuka, who had yet to venture too far that she couldn't track him down as she wanted.

When she did find him, alone within a shadowy thicket, her greeting was silent but affectionate, pregnancy-thickened flank knocking into him as her nose ruffled through the fur of his neck.

"Have a moment?"

Played by Lightning who has 216 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

He remained close, especially when the heavy scent of Nineva's pregnancy clung around the area. The fallen prince had never confronted her about it. What she did in her free time was none of his business and he had long since accepted that she was expecting children. He was to be an uncle. Never the less, it made his decision to stick around even easier than it was before. If there were children that needed protecting, then Yuka could not leave. In fact, if there was a male around, all the more reason for the Thorben to ensure that he did not hurt his little sister - not that she was not capable of taking care of herself.

The creamy russet-hued man was enjoying the breeze when he heard her approach. Amber teal-flecked eyes snapped open and his head tilted to the side to show that he knew she was near. A pleased growl rumbled at his chest at her touch, moving to offer a light touch to her check. His words gentle, voice rough from disuse when he spoke, "For you? Always."

Thank you TABs
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

Nineva smiled at her brother, before taking a breath and allowing her eyes to wander over the forest.

"I think it's time," she announced. In a way, her mind was made up; she was more than ready to get moving and make something happen. However, Yuka's words would be able to sway her into waiting just a while longer; he was the only wolf with that amount of influence.

"Elias and the Archer brothers are ready to move out when I give the word. It's likely Neha and her brother will come too, though she's... different, than she used to be. Things might change, and @Aytigin, I've focused more on his healing than on talking him into coming with us, but I've got a feeling about him. I think this is something he'll want. Even if some of them don't come, we've a better chance finding other recruits moving than sitting in this forest."

Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

Her words did not surprise him. After all, he had told her to call him when she was ready, if she needed anything. Amber teal-flecked eyes focused on his sister's crystal blye eye, the one that could see. When she continued on, he couldn't help the small smile that curved its way onto his lips. Name after name fell from her lips and Yuka only realized that he didn't quite recognize the woman in front of him - but she certainly reminded him or someone. Someone that was very close to the two of them. When she was done, he nodded in agreement, voice hard, "Okay."

Looking her over, Yuka's voice was much softer when he spoke again, "Dad would be proud of you." He was referring to Ash - that was who she reminded him of. While the russet brown male was not his father by blood, he had done a lot more for him than his own ever had. Stunned by his admission, the Thorben was silent for several moments, staring at his sister before finally breaking out of his silence to speak again, "What do you want my role to be in your pack?"

Thank you TABs
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok
She hadn't expected Yuka to balk at her decision, and so he didn't. Supportive as he'd always been, he even went so far as to tell her that Ash would be proud of her, and damned if that didn't touch her. She might've even gotten misty eyed, if she were younger. To make her parents proud, even after they'd vanished, had always been an important motivation to her.

Nineva smiled softly, and whispered a thank you.

"He'd be proud of you too. He always was."

Yuka had always been such an amazing big brother when he'd been around, even if he didn't think he'd made much of one.

"I was thinking you could be something like my right paw man, you and Elias together. He could take care of diplomatic things, counsul. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you'd be perfect for manning the more physical needs of the pack. Protection, order."
Inactive No Rank
Yuka Thorben

The large man offered her a small smile, tilting his head slightly in acknowledgment. When he was a yearling, Yuka had done everything he could to get into Ash's good graces. The man felt like he had to try extra hard having not been Ash's blood but the older man had always made him feel like his own. It might have been why the Thorben felt no resentment for the Hervok leaving - or maybe it was because he had left first. Nineva though. She was good. His little sister was continuing the legacy that the russet-hued man was sure her father would have wanted to live on. Whether Nineva knew that or not was unclear.

Ears tipped forward when she spoke again. He was at full attention, nodding his head here and there to indicate that he was listening and that he understood. Memories of blood and snapped necks shot to the front of his mind, but amber teal-flecked eyes focused on the woman in front of him. His voice was firm when he spoke, "You've got that right." A hint of a smile was on the brother's lips, "Being diplomatic isn't really my style." If he had no problem being sent away to disband a neighboring pack, Yuka had no problem doing other dirty work either.

Thank you TABs