(See All?) Announcements
448 Users Online
Google, Bing

far too young to die [BWP] — Riddle Heights 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Marina who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lauraceae Ritter
The coyote squirmed even more as Mani went to assist him, allowing Laurel to get a better grip on the thing. The moment was short lived, though, and soon a second coyote was on his companion. He bit down harder, wildly whipping his head back and forth. There was a loud, curdling shriek from the smaller canine, a crack, and then it went limp on top of him. Laurel pushed it away, eyes wide with fear as the dead thing stared back at him.

The yearling turned to Mani's assailants, grabbing one by the scruff and roughly ripping one of the coyotes off of her. He stood in front of it, loudly barking and snapping his teeth at the thing. It began to back off, and Laurel lunged at it.

The thing howled and cried and yiped loudly, but then it fell silent. The yearling lunged at the third coyote, who quickly backed off before he got the chance to grab it. He panted heavily as he watched it run off, fur still bristling. When it was clear it had been run off, he turned to Mani and gave her a good once-over. "You okay?"
Played by Jacqueline who has 6 posts.
Inactive
Máni
The first coyote was dead. @Lauraceae had taken care of that one, with her assistance. But now the other two were on her.

The small female snarled and growled, snapping her jaws together wildly, aiming to harm the coyote currently biting down on her rear leg. No matter how hard she strained though, trying to twist around to reach it, she just could not reach. Not when she had another one of the parasites nipping at her opposite side. For a moment she thought her situation hopeless, and her struggling ceased for a moment as a feeling of dread swelled up inside the pit of her stomach.

However, much to her relief, the silver male came to her rescue. Mani let out a shriek as her tore the coyote from her leg. Copper eyes darted down to notice blood spilling from a wound in her left hind leg. The pain that came with it was unbearable, but Mani forced herself to focus on the third coyote who was still trying to lung at her from her right side. Keeping her injured limb off the ground, Mani spun around to finally face it.

She bared her teeth at it, and feigned a lunge at it — for she could hardly charge forward with any force now that she was on just three legs. It's ears pricked up at the sound of the second coyotes dying cry, and took a step back. Mani did not. She held her position, and continued to growl and snap her jaws in its direction until her hero came a few moments later to chase it off.

When he returned, Mani did her best to brush off her injury. "I-I'm fine. You?" She asked, all the while holding her bleeding limb off the ground. She couldn't complain. The male was covered in scars and wounds. If he was still able to bare the pain and move around, and fight, like he had done.. well, she would be fine.

"Thank you, for helping me.." She said, leaning forwards to try and place a gentle lick to his cheek.
Played by Marina who has 96 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lauraceae Ritter
"I'm fine." Laurel's eyes stayed planted on the woman's leg. It was one thing for him to be injured, but for someone else? He felt a little bit like it was his fault. He had been the one to instigate a fight -- if at least sort of. Plus, by now he was mostly certain that the creatures were following him and Mani had just been caught up in the fray. His ears pinned as she gave him a thank-you kiss, his cheeks turning hot as he looked away from her. "It, uh, it's nothing," Laurel stepped back to give her a little bit of space.. or maybe to give himself a little bit of space.

"They've been hounding me pretty bad the past couple of months," he explained. He turned to face the direction of that the coyote had run. "And I think... I think I'm going to go after the one that got away," Laurel sounded uncertain of himself at first, but then nodded to himself. He wasn't running from then anymore. He was going to kill every single coyote he could get his jaws on. Even if it was the death of him. "There's a pack, north of here, that might be able to patch your leg up. It might be safer there than on your own."

Laurel took a step away from her. He didn't want to look at the girl, he didn't want to see her leg and think about how it had been his fault she was hurt. "You'll be alright, yeah?"
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2018, 05:33 PM by Lauraceae.)