(See All?) Announcements
583 Users Online
Bing, Google

[m] vial of mercury — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow
The ebony medic had been nestled inside of the infirmary, sorting through what herbs she had been able to find on the broad mountainside. She had lucked out in her extensive searches, coming across a patch of Sweetgrass, perfect with the expectant mothers that were within the pack. The howls went up, at first Sylva tensed up when she realized what it was. Birtie had given birth. Hazel brown eyes widened slightly in surprise, she hadn’t expected it so soon. She turned, snatching up the bundle of herbs and made her way toward the birthing den.

She came closer, spotting @Kajika and Moonshadow. She paused a couple of feet away, laying the herbs down at her paws and dipping her head. A smile formed on her muzzle, she was happy, happy that Birtie had made it through, but she was a healer, and concern for their health was always her first thought, she glanced at the large male first “is she ok? Are the cubs ok?” She had been lucky the year before, she had only carried one child, and had been blessed enough not to face the horror and heartache of stillborn cubs.
(This post was last modified: May 04, 2018, 03:52 PM by Sylva.)
Played by Cadence who has 48 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Roland Whitebark
Roland heard the call and it made him scowl as he cringed. Soon, @Moonshadow would be having her litter too, and then what would that leave him with? All the women would be too busy doting on them now, he'd be pushed into the shadows like he had after Ophelia's death. Maybe this was it, the end of his little... vacation here, but Roland wasn't a wolf that gave up easily.

After all, weren't infant deaths a rather real possibility?

Rather than join the pack in their dumb celebrations, he set off in a decidedly opposite direction. Maybe he'd run into @Lunette and she'd be up for a spar so that he could let off all this steam.
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis
Last post from Birtie. Would like to get this archived on the 15th. @Kajika @Moonshadow @Sylva

She curled up around the children as they squirmed due to the disruptive call. A soft hush escaped her as she settled her head down to shield them from the outside. No prying eyes would be able to see them from the position in the den along with her large form guarding them.

It was only when they seemed to settle down again that she found herself finally able to be pulled away by her exhaustion. The Parlow women felt she fully deserved to rest mentioning she had just successfully brought two children into the world. She could now only hope that Kajika would guard the front of the den from anyone who dared to get too close.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

His call had gone up letting the rest if the pack know that he was now a father and Birtie a mother. Once he sang his last notes he turned his attention back to Moonshadow. “Thank you, Moonshadow. I hope your day goes just as well as Birtie's.” The dark alpha was happy that his friend could be there to share this day with him. He wished she could meet his children then but he knew that Birtie wanted her time and was sure Moonshadow would understand.

Sylva arrived a few moments after his call had finished and she had brought some plants which he assumed were for Birtie. He returned her smile easily, “She's tired but well and the pups are healthy too from what I could see,” he told the medic. He would unfortunately have to deny her access to the den should she try and see the pups herself. It would of course be in Sylva’s best interest to remain outside.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Their song went up to announce the cove's first litter arrival. Once they were finished the silver eyed woman looked to the new father. Kajika thanked her and wished that her labor went as well. "Thank ya Kajika" she said with a nudge to his chin. Before she could say anything else Sylva arrived with a bundle of herbs. Giving her a smile and a nod before looking back to Kajika. Giving him one more nudge she bid the dark man farewell. Standing Moonshadow turned towards the heart of the territory and made her way to the communal den. Now it would be her turn. Would fate bless her the same that it had Birtie? Or will history repeat itself?

-Moons exit-

Word Count: 000
[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow
The small wolf sighed in relief, that was good news. She glanced at the entrance, remembering her own anxiety when she had given birth, she took the bundle and dropped it gently at Kajika’spaws. “Please make sure she eats these when she can, they will help with the bleeding.” She said, stepping back, her tail swaying softly behind her.

She was smiling, genuinely happy for the couple. {b} “If either of you has questions or concerns, come find me, I should be able to ease any uncertainty.” {b} The healer turned with hat, dipping her head and heading back off to sort her precious cache of herbs.
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Tagg knew the day was near, and had wandered closer to the newest mother-to-be's den every day, wanting to check on her without invading her space.  He still didn't know her that well - something he regretted - but she was a member of his pack and he was going to offer her the same protection he did his wife.

Today there was a gathering of wolves.  The guardian could smell the birth, but knowing she likely wouldn't like strangers around he kept his distance.  Tagg instead opted to settle himself a short distance from the den, some place he could still hear and see what was going on should he be needed, but far enough to not intrude.  He nodded a greeting to his mate, who didn't seem to see him, but beyond that remained quiet.  He would give his congratulations to the new parents once everyone else had left and things were settling down.  He knew that his own children would be here soon as well.
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika was glad that Moonshadow had joined in his song of his children. It showed him and the rest of the pack that she supported him, Birtie, and their new family. He hadn't really needed the confirmation but it was nice to have. He also wished her well when it would finally be her time. He could only hope that his co-leads delivery would go as well. “You're welcome Moonshadow,” he said brushing her muzzle with his, “I will be there when it does happen,” he assured her. Just as he had been the previous year. They bid each other goodbye.

The dark alpha then turned his attention to Sylva. The healer had brought some herbs and wanted to know how Birtie and the children were doing. He informed her of their status before receiving instructions on the herbs. “I will do that,” he promised. She then told him to seek her out if they needed her. “I will let Birtie know that you are available if she needs anything.” She too then bid her farewell before turning and leaving him alone in front of the den. He picked up the bundle and turned back to the den. He stuck his head in far enough to set them down for the new mother. “Sylva said to eat this and that if you need anything to let her know,” he relayed before turning from the entrance and settling just outside.

The dark alpha in the excitement hadn't noticed another presence amongst the trees. However as he laid at the den entrance he glimpsed his second seemingly standing guard. He gave the man a nod of appreciation but didn't not leave the entrance, Birtie was counting on him.

Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
It seemed that things were finally starting to slow down.  Moonshadow left, and the smaller woman who Tagg had not met was quick behind her.  Kajika finally noticed him and nodded.  Tagg scanned the area one more time before hauling himself to his feet and padding to speak quietly with his friend. 

"Congratulations," He murmured, not wanting to dusturb mother and children inside.  He nudged the dark man's shoulder with his nose. "You're going to be a great father."

Tagg had every certainty that the man who was now his alpha would do a wonderful job parenting.  He'd done great with Chan, and he'd done well leading the cove.  Now he was an official leader.  Being a father would only lend more experience to his teaching skills, and probably make him all the wiser.

He was looking forward to watching them grow up, and he was glad his newest children will have others to play with.  He just hoped today's mishap affected Moon's pregnancy.
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika wasn't expecting Tagg to come over. He was just happy that he was there to share in the birth of his children. Though Birtie hadn't let anyone one in the den with her it meant something to the alpha to have his closest friends with him as he had been with them. Once everyone was gone he watched the tawny man make his way toward the den.

Kajika rose to a sitting position as he was congratulated. “Thanks Tagg and thank you for coming.” He bumped his seconds muzzle in return for the nudge he'd received. “Everyone seems to think that but if I'm honest I'm rather nervous about it especially since they are here now.”

Kajika had also thought about leading a pack while being a father and taking care of Birtie, as much as she would let him anyway. He was starting to understand why Vesper had stepped down. In that moment he felt rather overwhelmed but he knew in time he would balance it out as he did everything.