(See All?) Announcements
1,006 Users Online
Google, Bing, Miriam

if aught but death part thee and me — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 10 posts.
Inactive
Courage
@Valor first please- some sibling investigation fun - close to WR borders (all welcome to those in WR)

LOOKIN' BETTER IN BLACK THEN THE WIDOWS OF OUR ENEMIES

Courage wasn’t impressed. Perhaps she just had too high of standards for what a pack should be made of? The first thing she noted was how open the area seemed to be. The willow trees were gorgeous, but provided little cover in her opinion. She huffed softly – she’d do whatever her father needed her to do in order for them to get moving. Her paws treaded close to the WR borders, taking a peek without getting too close. As she neared her first birthday, she knew it was puppy season and thus she didn’t want to step on a pack’s toes. She wouldn’t be able to take down an entire pack by herself – not even close.

She lacked the amount of experience necessary to take down even one foe by herself – something she was sure she’d soon learn how to do… she didn’t want to go ruffling anyone’s fur. Territory open. Regularly patrolled. Hunting seems good in the region. She made mental notes to herself as she took in the air around her… and that scent. She turned her head. “Valor, where have you been? You left me all alone with father earlier!” She demanded with an authoritative tone.

Played by Arla who has 14 posts.
Inactive
Anakh Rahal
sorry for the short post - still working out the valor kinks! <3 @Arial

Valor was ignoring the fact that this was a business excursion. He was absolutely elated to be exploring the territory alongside his sister, who had finally caught up to him. Or maybe it had been the other way around… he didn’t care. More importantly, it didn’t matter.

The boy trailed behind his sister, embracing every inch of the territory they meandered through. They made sure to stay on the right side of the borders, as they didn’t want to raise alarm just yet. His ears twitched as she turned to him, her words causing a soft scowl to trace his typically cheery features. I was exploring, duh, he retorted, his expression quickly shifting as he adopted a cocky, lopsided grin instead. Life’s too short to be so serious, my dude, he added as he picked up speed, his shoulder bumping against hers as he sidled up beside her.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
You encounter three coyotes marking a nearby tree.
Inactive
Courage
Open to WR peeps - I know a couple people had asked about popping into the thread

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, his voice echoing out right as she caught the scent, freezing up. Life’s too short to be so serious, my dude. “Valor shut up.” She hissed in a hushed voice, her ears pressing against her skull for a moment as her tail lashed from side to side, quickly approaching the gnarly creatures that were marking the tree. “If you want an adventure, then you’re about to get one.” She’d noticed when she was with Shrike that the coyotes in the area weren’t like those they had perhaps encountered before.

They were bolder… more fierce than they were before. She rolled her shoulders back… it’d be interesting to see if she and her brother could take care of these beasts by herself… but she knew it could also set up quite the scene. Two loners who were still considered pups being attacked by three coyotes who were ‘marking their territory’ right next to a pack’s borders… this might just work in the carrion crew’s favor.

Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
Scouting Dem 1/3

With Leotie’s birth earlier in the day and Ravenna’s the previous, they suddenly had four more mouths to feed. Not to mention two hungry mothers who were the ones feeding those mouths for the time being. As much as she’d wanted to stick by Ravenna’s side and keep running between the two dens, she knew that she was needed elsewhere. They were both taken care of Blitz, watching over the mother of his pups and Sven likewise. She needed to be out, hunting, patrolling, keeping things in check. They couldn’t afford to be lax now. As she went over the borders a peculiar scent wafted in the air. Two other wolves it seemed, and...coyotes? It unsettled her that the vermin were so close to the borders, nevermind the wolves. It wouldn’t have been the first time they’d had a pair meander on by.

Adeltra crossed the borders and headed toward the source of the scent, having to alter her course several times so that she could be downwind in order to track efficiently. She had no intention of doing a sneak attack, but she couldn’t very well check it out if she lost the scent. The girl came upon two wolves, around the same age as her, who appeared to be siblings judging by their pelt color and similar age. Beyond them, three coyotes were marking a tree. Her honeyed-amber gaze squinted. That wouldn’t do. “Think you guys found some pretty gross company,” she commented as she approached, attention focused on the mongrels ahead of them.

(This post was last modified: Jun 02, 2018, 04:54 PM by Adeltra.)
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Inactive
Anakh Rahal

Instinctively he rolled his tangerine eyes at her predictable response, pairing it with a quick appearance of his tongue as he continued to match her pace along the borders. However, an array of foreign scents caused his expression to grow more serious as his gaze followed his sister’s. Unfortunately (or fortunately, Valor wasn’t sure yet) for the duo they had not encountered a group of pack wolves patrolling. Instead the pair was greeted by a trio of coyotes marking a tree. Huh. His brows snapped together as his pace slowed. What were they doing here, so close to a pack’s borders? The creatures didn’t appear to be scared, or feel threatened—not even by the appearance of the siblings. What the heck was going on here?!

A voice broke him away from his thoughts, causing his focus to waver from the mangy creatures. His gaze landed on a dark female, who looked to be the same age as the duo and carried the scent of the pack they’d been snooping on. I mean, he started, his expression resuming it’s former cheerful glory, they’re not that gross. Just different. Maybe a little gross, but who was he to judge?

(This post was last modified: May 10, 2018, 01:34 AM by Anakh.)
Inactive
Courage

Another girl showed up, around their age (maybe a little older) who smelt of the pack they were supposed to be scouting out. She made a comment about their company and Courage nodded, about to respond before Valor had to butt in and offer his two cents. “They are nothing more than mangy vermin.” She snapped at her brother, rolling her eyes as she said so before she turned her attention to the girl who’d originally made the comment.

“Sorry about my brother… he’s convinced that everything that isn’t a wolf is cool.” She analyzed the situation, eyes narrowing as her teeth shown at the creatures. “Three of them… three of us… I like our odds.” She remembered the mother who’d been protecting her young back in the Rise. Perhaps these ones would go down easily. They were marking territory that wasn’t theirs and they had to pay for that. Perhaps afterwards she'd be able to talk to the girl next to her and complete her mission for her father.

Played by Kristen who has 301 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adeltra Archer
scouting dem 2/3 Adeltra is going into this with the goal of figuring out their movements around the territory then reporting back to Sven

The male of the duo perked up at her appearance, offering a friendly and cheerful demeanor. She offered a slightly confused smile, wondering how it was that he could be taking the side of the mongrels. Trying to make them understand them or see the beauty in them or something. It seemed stupid to her, especially with how the coyotes had been acting. Her attention turned to the girl who snapped that they were nothing more than mangy vermin. While she agreed with the comment, she was surprised at the amount of venom in the comment. She wasn’t sure if she’d ever heard siblings speak to each other like that, especially not age-mates, and she knew she’d never talk to Rom like that. What an interesting dynamic they had.

She apologized for her sibling and Adeltra gave a small shrug of her shoulders, because what was there to apologize for? It wasn’t like the words were offensive to her. Strange perhaps, but nothing to really be upset about. As the yearling analyzed the situation so did Adeltra, taking note of their position and where they had marked to relay it back to Sven. With Ravenna out of commission with the pups she figured he was the best to go to. After all, wasn’t it a scout’s job to relay the happenings around the territory?

I do too. You two up for a little scuffle? If we get rid of ‘em permanently or just from the territory, it’ll be a ‘you scratch my back I’ll scratch yours’ kinda situation, she said, honeyed-amber gaze flickering between the pair to see their reactions to the offer before returning her attention to the trio before them.
[Image: sW4OLm.png]
Inactive
Anakh Rahal

He rolled his amber eyes as his sister apologized for him, a soft frown creasing his usual cheery features as he swatted her with a forepaw. Shush you, he hissed despite the humour written clearly across his russet features. But his attention quickly deferred to the ebony yearling as she spoke, a single brow raised in interest. A scuffle, huh? His lips tightened as he pondered the idea. Scuffles were all part of the adventure though, weren’t they? Duking it out with the locals, even if they weren’t of the wolf variety. Oh honey, he hummed, his smile quickly returning, you don’t have t’scratch my back f’me to scratch yours. He finished with a sharp wink before turning to his sister and bumping his shoulder against hers. Y’up for some ‘yote huntin’, sis? If his sister denied the opportunity to tackle a few coyotes he would be shocked and press his paw to her forehead to check for a fever. Let's see if you pack wolves have any skills, huh? He cheesed before turning to one of the coyotes, the fur on the back of his neck bristling before he launched himself forward…  

(This post was last modified: Jun 20, 2018, 05:21 AM by Anakh.)
Inactive
Courage

He shushed her and she simply rolled her eyes in response. Typical male. She mused silently before he started flirting. She cuffed his ear with her paw. “Keep your focus on the coyotes, Valor.” She huffed under her breath before shaking her head. Again, typical Anakh. He bumped her shoulder and her scowl quickly turned to a grin. Never let it be said that a girl didn’t know how to have fun, right? The tawny woman nodded as her posture fell slightly.

“I’d say you know I’m always up for a challenge, but that would imply the ‘yotes were actually competitors.” She offered cockily before glancing back at Adelta. “If you can keep up, then perhaps we can come to a more defined arrangement.” What it came down to was that Courage and Valor had been sent by their father to retrieve Intelligence on the pack, and she’d be damned if she returned empty-pawed to the merciless brute who’d helped give her life.