(See All?) Announcements
507 Users Online
Bing, Google, Isla

Life goes on... — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
For @griffin and any others in the pack who want to join in! Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar was nervous, it was not going to be long before @Adelayde gave birth to her pups, and tension was high in the pack as @Laike had still not accepted him fully, things were not going to be easy over the next few days. Alvar had been taking care of himself to the best of his ability and while he hoped no one in the pack got hurt, he was hoping that a time would come when he could show his skill with medicine.

Alvar was waking around the pack territory, eyes wandering around in search of something interesting to do. It was not long before he realised that he had not interacted with the current pups much and should if he wanted to have any chance at being a Healer. He went off towards the center of the territory with his nose to the ground, looking for any sign of the 2 young males. He stopped in the middle of a field on top of a hill where he could see the treeline of the nearby forest, and called out... "Griffin! Where are you?" before settling down to wait for a response.
(This post was last modified: Sep 10, 2018, 08:54 PM by Alvar.)
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

It was a constant waiting game. There was nothing that could really be done in terms of their hunting parties with the coyotes around - unless they were the center of their game. Not only did the pack have to watch their backs whenever they went out, the coyotes also took their game. The Rye Queen was worried about what would happen if the vermin did not clear out soon. The mother was just making her way back from the border with Alvar's voice called across the land. While Jessie had her doubts about the man, he had proven to be loyal since he joined. While he called for her son - @griffin - it did not settle any of the curiosuty Jessie had burning in her stomach. The monochrome woman started towards where the call originated, not hesitating to walk upon the area. Emerald eyes locked on Alvar and nodded in greeting before scanning the area for her son. She hummed softly before looking back towards their newest member. When she spoke, her voice was firm, "Is the Rye treating you well?" When Drestig had been around, this had been his part of the job.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Of course! As I said anyone can join! :) Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar did not hear the elder woman come close until she was within a few feet of him, he startled slightly, still getting over his lone wolf jumpiness, before giving a respectful bow to the leader. He watched as she came closer to him, before taking a glance at the horizon looking for what he could only assume was her son. He smiled at the woman as she asked him if "The Rye was treating him well." He was surprised to have such a demanding question up-front.

He stuttered for a second before speaking his reply... "Yes the pack has been giving me a vary warm welcome compared to what I expected I would receive after biting my own paw when I joined the pack." He hoped that he sounded convincing enough to not get his head bitten off by the older woman.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn
S for mild swearing

The man was still jumpy, a clear indication of his reaction to her greeting. When the man bowed respectfully, Jessie nodded in acknowledgement, glancing away uncomfortably before setting her gaze back on the Lowest in front of her. Acts of submission were not her forte - when directed forwards her - but it was his role until said otherwise and she would not bother with the bullshit speech this time about how his little bow and a lick to the chin meant nothing to her. Acts to better the pack would mean more to her than anything else. When he spoke, she kept her composure, face blank as the monochrome woman's emerald gaze flicked down to the man's paw before returning to his face. When she spoke again, her voice was still hard, "And your paw? Have you been taking care of it?" Jessie wondered if he even had the proper resources, especially with coyotes roaming around - it would be hard to leave the pack territory without being high on guard.

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Medic demonstration 1/3 Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar listened with intent as the woman asked if he had been taking care of the wound on his paw. He held his tongue but thought... "OF COURSE I HAVE! WHY WOULD I JUST LET IT GO AND NOT CLEAN IT?!?!" But instead of saying his thoughts, he said respectfully... "Yes I have, Jessie, quite easily too, the arnica that I used on it when I arrived has grown since then. It now would be able to, at my estimate, sustain 8 wounds like this, given that they were not infected." He made himself sound very confident, but over the past day he had noticed that his paw was beginning to show some slight signs of infection.

He smiled and held up his uninjured paw, pointing to a patch of marshy land not far from where they were... "As a matter of fact, if you would like, I could certainly use some help gathering herbs while your here." He gave a politely inquisitive stare at the woman, hoping she would agree.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

Had she known what Alvar was thinking, Jessie might have wanted to cuff him on the ear and might have fallen through with it. One thing she hated more than anything else was being spoken to like she was stupid or being spoken back to at all - it seemed to be a fan favorite for him. Today though, the Lowest took a more respectful route, and for that the leader was grateful. She was tired and not in a mood for dealing with insubordination.

Jessie nodded along with what he said, really not understanding some of what was mentioned. When it came to herbs, the Rye Queen was inexperienced and could not tell a tree leaf from something that was medicinal. Here and there she could identify something that might be poisonous, but that was down in the southern part of the lore, near Swift River where she had spent more time when she was younger.

There was something that the grey woman did notice about one of their newest additons and it was that he was very smiley - not something Jessie was used to. Having been the more mellow one out of the Rye couple, Jessie tended to stick to the background and do most of the behind-the-scenes work. Now, it felt wrong to leave it on Laike to do it on, especially if this is what Drestig had to deal with all the time. It left an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of her stomach, especially when he proceeded to ask her to accompany him to pick herbs. Her heart rate picked up slightly and she was quick to identify the feeling, having only felt it a few times. Anxiety. Never the less, the Queen offered her subordinate a small smile and nodded her head, "Of course. Lead the way." She needed to be better. For Drestig's legacy, the pack they had founded together, and for her home.

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Medic Demonstration 2/3 Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar gave a polite nod as the Rye Queen asked him to "Lead the way" but he was not fooled by her facade of controlling the situation, he could tell from her scent that she was full of anxiety, and he wondered why. He looked at her with the look of an advisor who was giving knowledge to his leader, he spoke... "Of course Leader, if you will walk this way..." before walking down off the hill to a flat part of the territory and scanned the ground around them.

After a few moments of searching he located several herbs and plants he knew and one or two he did not. He knew Arnica, Chaga mushrooms, Pineapple weed and Wild Rye (which was everywhere). But he did not recognize several others, including a grass like plant that stood out from the rest.(sweet grass) and a purple flower that grew in bare soil. (prairie crocus) He decided to leave those he did not know and instead picked what he did know, he collected enough of each that he filled his mouth in total.

He walked back to his leader and set the herbs down before asking... "Now if you will pardon my asking, do you know the names of any of these herbs?" He pushed forth the plants and waited for a response.
(This post was last modified: Jan 18, 2019, 12:00 AM by Alvar.)
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

As they walked, Jessie clenched her jaw, eyeing her subordinate's back in annoyance as he spoke. The Rye Queen licked her canine's before she spoke, getting a hold of her temper before she said anything she would regret, "Please, just call me Jessie." She hated the formalities, always had and doubted she would ever see the day where she didn't cringe from someone using some term to lift her above all the others. Especially when she felt so below them.

The pair walked to a flatter part of the territory and Jessie watched as the man picked plants. Emerald eyes narrowed at the things she would normally avoid. She never really cared for healing, had never had a passion for it but she certainly understood the need for it. She herself had needed a healer once or twice. Overall, however, Jessie had been a fairly healthy wolf throughout her life - physically, at least. When Alvar made his way back to her and placed the herbs - which all looked the same to her - down, Jessie stared, before glancing back at up the Lowest, lips drawn in a thin line. In response to his inquiry, her voice was flat, "No." The woman did not beat around the bush, nor was she ashamed of her lack of knowledge. To her, it was important to become a master in one area. Jessie's just so happened to be scouting.

Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Sorry this took a while! Medic Demonstration 3/3. Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar had heard the distaste in his leader's voice after being referred to by her title, and he was confused as to why, when he sat down with the herbs and asked if she knew them, he thought silently to himself... "All will be revealed in due time." He listened to her short one word reply and frowned a bit, it was going to be tricky to teach her how to identify these different herbs, but they had time to spare.

He cleared his throat and spoke... "Well then, I suppose I should teach you what they do first... He then proceeded to push forward the Arnica. "Let's start with one I have already shown you, Arnica, a tricky plant to use. It helps to prevent infection and speed the healing process of cuts and bruises, and shows in spring through to the end of summer, but be careful when applying it or collecting it, if you swallow a bit that's fine, but too much can cause the worst case of stomach cramps I've ever seen, one wolf in my birth pack was dumb enough to eat a few leaves and it killed him by the next sunset, and even on the outside it can cause irritation of the skin, so be careful."

He drug it back and was ready to push another forward but stopped himself, he decided to show her how to properly apply it. "Do you have and injuries you are aware of?"
(This post was last modified: Jan 18, 2019, 12:00 AM by Alvar.)
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

The woman kept telling herself that in the end this would be worth it. Even if the plants in front of her all looked the same, they obviously meant something different to Alvar. The Tainn wanted to understand and while she would certainly never try her paw at all trades it would certainly do her some good to have an idea of what was going on in case of an emergency. The first herb that the Lowest presented to her, once again, looked similar to all the other herbs collected. As the medic spoke, Jessie leaned forward and inhaled deeply, the pine-y scent of the arnica deeply distinuished from the other herbs collected. Good for cuts and bruises. That one was easy. It seemed as though this one came with quite a few catches though and Jessie wasn't quite sure if she would ever find herself using this herb in the field or not.

Alvar spoke again and Jessie was quick to turn her sharp gaze towards the tawny male, eyes narrowing in suspicion. While she liked to think of herself as a laid back leader, she never appreciated others calling her health into question - never had. Never the less, her voice was smooth when she spoke, "No, I'm perfectly healthy." The Rye Queen had no accidents and had not gotten into any scuffles recently. Truly, she was fairly scar free for a wolf of her age. As patiently as she could, Jessie waited for the next piece of instruction Alvar could give.