642 Users Online
Lillia, Google, Bing

Spring cleaning — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall
I think I need help, cuz I'm drowning in myself

Expectant mothers, even with their well-rounded abdomens and lack of energy - will start to search and make their birthing dens in a place well away from high-traffic areas where lone wolves or nosy pack members might discover or check in on them. Her breasts are well-developed and possibly contain a bit of colostrum or "first milk". It is now possible for other wolves to see and feel the cubs in the mother's protruding belly. Moonshadow is starting to clear out her birthing den from the previous year. Anyone is welcome :)

The urge was beginning to wash over her again. The urge to find a safe place to have her puppies. Lucky for her she didnt have to look very far. Large paws made their way slowly to the den she used the previous year. Part of her wanted find a new place, one with no saddening past, but the other part couldnt think of a better place than where her first miracle came into this world. So she found her old den close to the lake. It was a mess from the previous seasons having been empty for almost a year. A faint tired smile found its way onto her dark muzzle as the memories made their way to her mind. The tiny yips of her only surviving child filling the walls of the den. His first steps into the world, his growth from tiny bundle to boy. It saddened her that she hadnt been able to see @Chan grow from boy to young man. The cove woman hoped with all her heart that he was okay, safe and happy.

Moon began to clear out and around the entrance. Moving all the brush away from the mouth she took a moment to catch her breath. Her energy nowadays was beginning to dwindle. Just as she was about to begin again the tiny pups within her began to squirm about. With a surprised look she turned to look at her protruding belly. Well they decided they wanted to be active today. So much for digging out the den, Moon would have to wait until they settled down.

Word Count: 000
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It had been over a week since his children had been born and in that time he'd rarely left the entrance to Birtie's den. As much as he hated the idea of leaving it unprotected he knew he would have to get back to his leader duties soon. With Moonshadow getting ready to go through the same thing Birtie just had the cove would be looking to him for everything. He needed to make himself available to his packmates so he rose to his paws. Sticking his head in Birtie's den he told her he was going to go check on things with the pack and that he'd be back in a little bit.

Then he was off refamiliarizing himself the the caches and their levels. He did a border patrol and saw that all seemed well except for the increased scent of coyote. Kajika wrinkled his nose in disgust but as long as they didn't cross the borders he wouldn't go inviting trouble.

When it was time that he returned to the den where his children and their mother resided Kajika headed back. In the way he came past where Moonshadow had given birth to Chan the previous year. He wasn't sure pissed to find his co-lead there. It was clear what she was doing so the dark alpha approached her, “Would you like some help?” He asked from behind her as he tried to see what all she'd done.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

They squirmed about within her womb tickling their mother more than anything. The sensation was magical for the matriarch. She couldnt remember if her previous litter had squirmed about this much. When they had seemed to finish their movement she stood to begin working at the entrance. A sounds caused her to pause and look behind her. A warm smile formed on her inky maw. "Hello Kajika," she greeted her tail swaying happily behind her. "Oh its alright, ya dont have to help. I can get it." She told him not wanting to impose. He had his own mate, he neednt worry about her anymore. She motioned for him to sit so that her back wouldn't be to him while she worked.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika was happy for his co-lead and her mate, he'd been afraid that after what happened with Chan they wouldn't want anymore pups. Moonshadow seemed so happy about her pregnancy and he really did hope the birth of this litter wouldn't be filled with tragedy. He'd come upon her visibly pregnant and working which he felt she shouldn't be doing all by herself. She did stop to greet him but turned down his help. “Moonshadow, you shouldn't be doing all of this by yourself. I don't mind helping,” he said as he stepped forward. “You go sit down,” he said motioning to where she just had, “And you tell me what you want done.” She didn't really think he would be able to sit by and watch her work, did she?

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

She motioned him to sit and turned back to the task at paw. She began to clear away the debris from the entrance and tunnel to the den. A single silver dusted audit flicked towards him as he spoke. He told her she shouldnt be doing this all by herself and that he didnt mind helping. A undetectable snort came from the large woman. Of course he didnt but she did. She didnt see him step forwards for her head was in the entrance of the den, adjusting to the sudden loss of light. Kajika told her to sit down and tell him what to do. She opened her mouth to tell him no but the children decided to dance again. She backed out of the den blinking a few times to readjust to the light. Once her best friend came into focus again she smiled. "I was going to tell ya no, but the children seem to agree with ya" she chuckled as she walked towards him. "Wanna feel?" She asked motioning to her moving belly with a smile.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It seemed that his words had fallen on deaf ears as Moonshadow continued to work besides the fact he had made it clear she shouldn't. With her head in the den entrance she'd also missed him coming toward her. He wasn't going to give up that easily but also realized this could end up being a disagreement. And where was the tawny second when he needed a back up? The ancestors seemed to feel the same way because just when he thought he might have to force Moonshadow to sit down and enjoy watching someone do her work for her she stopped. He watched with raised brow as she backed out of the den and he was just about to say something when she spoke first. “Of course they do. How could they resist my charm,” he said a bit cheekily with a wide grin. That quickly faded when she asked if he wanted to feel them moving around inside her. The alpha looked at her dumbfounded for a moment before nodding, “If you're sure?” He felt this was something Tagg should be doing but she had offered.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

"Of course they do. How could they resist my charm" his words her amusing to her. A half snort half laugh left her inky maw as she rolled her eyes at him. Then she laughed again looking at his cheeky smile. "Is it ya charm that did it huh?" She replied jokingly. It felt so nice to have a good conversation with her friend. It had been so long of seriousness that this was refreshing. His smile though didnt last long after she asked if he wanted to feel them moving. She trusted him with her life, with her children's lives. She knew no harm would come to her or them. Kajika asked if she was sure. She nodded her smile parting as she motioned him closer. "That is only is ya want to." She didnt want to pressure him. Sure he wasnt their father but he was going to just as important as she and Tagg were going to be. Why not share with him too?

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It was good to hear her laugh at what he'd said. It had been so long since they'd really had something to laugh about. They needed moments like this where they didn't have to be the Alpha’s they were but the friends they'd always been. “I’m sure of it no one can resist it,” he stated confidently, “What else could it be?” He was almost sure Moonshadow would have a come back for that and he was ready. He wasn't however ready when she offered for him to feel the pups moving around. He'd of course felt his own children when Birtie was still careting them but Moonshadow was Tagg's mate and they were Tagg's children. Still he and Moonshadow were close friends and he knew he would play an important role in their lives. “I do,” he assure her as he stepped closer and lowered his head until his muzzle was touching her abdomen. He could feel the soft little kicks against her side. He remained quiet for a moment just concentrating on the pups moving before he looked back up to Moonshadow. “How many do you think are in there?” It was a questions he hadn't thought to ask Birtie but now wished he had.

Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The dark woman sneered jokingly at his comment. "Oh yeah I'm sure no one can" she replied sarcastically with an eye roll and smirk. "What else could it be?"  She laughed at him "Maybe they're squirmin' in protest to ya". She stuck her tongue out a bit. Her tongue went back into her maw as her belly moved around again. Looking to her abdomen for a moment before looking back to her best friend. she smiled and asked if he wanted to feel. The onyx man was tentative at first asking if she was sure. Moon assured him and he moved closer to her. Silver orbs watched as he placed his muzzle against her side. Her unborn children weren't ones to disappoint. They squirmed at his touch, pushing against their mother. When he was finished he looked to her and asked how many she thought there was. Pausing for a moment she thought. The ebony woman had given some thought but not much. Last year she carried three but only one made it. She didn't want to get her hopes up for multiple pups only to have her heart shattered once again. "Its hard to tell. I feel like these ones are more active than their siblings but I don't feel as many as once. So I dunno really. Especially after what happened last year". She replied honestly with a small sad smile.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Moonshadow certainly was full of the comebacks that day, he felt she seemed in rather high spirits to be joining in so easily. “You couldn't,” he teased with raised brow. Then he had to laugh, “Why would they protest me when their mother isn't? Hmm,” he questioned as he nipped playfully at her ear. With Moonshadow's consent he pressed his muzzle against against her abdomen. Almost immediately he could feel the pups inside her moving around and pushing back in the place where his muzzle touched her.

When he looked up at her and asked about the number she couldn't be sure. She went on to talk about their activity and how many she felt. It took it all in but it was when she talked about the previous year that she seemed to become sad. He stepped forward and brushed his muzzle against her cheek. “It’s important to not forget them but this year is different and there is no reason you shouldn't have a healthy litter this time.”