(See All?) Announcements
674 Users Online
Google, Bing

shadow twins — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 4 Loves ·
Played by Arya who has 292 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
Finally getting this up >_< @Laike only for the first two rounds then everyone else is welcome to join. @Jessie @Chimera @Alvar
adelayde artemieva

The day drew on as her contractions grew stronger and more frequent as time passed on. Instead of drawing towards the birthing den, the mother took a walk within the forest surrounding her, hoping it would ease the pain that began to throb through her. Multiple times, Adelayde tried soaking in the warmth of the sun or taking a fresh cool drink down at the river, but nothing worked. Instead, they grew stronger and the uncertainty of it all did too.

By midday, the tawny beta finally sought shelter within her birthing den alone as the pain magnified. They had to be close. But she didn't want to do this alone. Ade knew he wouldn't be far, heck he could already be outside the den after she finally decided to enter it. She still called for him, anxious for his presence. As soon as the call left her lips, the urge to push fell upon her. They were coming now.

(This post was last modified: May 21, 2018, 09:27 PM by Adelayde.)
Played by Becca who has 232 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
Laike Artemieva
you can call the dogs out and show them how to bite it

His wife had been right, the leader wasn't very far from her. He had been patiently waiting because he knew each day that passed meant they were a bit closer to welcoming children into the world. It had frayed his nerves and amped his aggressiveness towards visitors. The Artemieva guarded his wife's chosen den with an almost violent protectiveness. Thankfully most seemed smart enough then to piss off the soon to be father.

Her beckon for him was met with an alert bark as he rounded the closeby area before closing in on the entrance to the birthing den. Laike did not attempt to enter. Instead, he lowered himself to the earth in a laying position. His head was lifted to watch for others and keep a dutiful eye on his wife. The male's stocky frame would serve as a barrier to the outside world.

Orange eyes peered into the depth as his deep tones murmured softly. I'm here, love.

[Image: wrf_sig_by_becuffin-dax4am3.png]
have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
@Laike first, then anyone else can pop in <3
adelayde artemieva

Their son didn't want to wait for Laike to appear, though her husband wasn't far like Adelayde figured. The tawny woman never felt this intense of pain before, but instinctively her cries were muffled or silent. Nothing could compare to this. She strained to push, her efforts strong at first, but the more time passed it felt like every push was useless. Her mate's voice entered the den, giving her a moment of relief and comfort. It was enough to get her to push harder than before as her thighs were met with a warm wetness.

His cries were loud and strong as she reached to push him closer to encourage him to nurse after a quick bath. A son, they had a son. The Artemieva couldn't explain the happiness and joy that rolled through her body even through all the pain she was enduring. She intended to tell Laike of their son, but before she could, another set of contractions racked through her abdomen.

Their daughter was much quicker to enter the Lore, though her cries were much softer compared to her brother's. Only a few passed through her tiny muzzle and once her mother's tongue began to clean her off, she was silent and content. They were perfect, both of them adorning pale tawny coats, matching their parents. The love she felt for them was unparalleled, different than what she felt with Laike. There was nothing that could make her not care and love for these cubs, the fierce urge to protect them against the world was stronger than ever.

We have a boy and girl, my love. Come see, she cooed, allowing Laike to peer further into the den to see his children. It wasn't just him and her now. 

(This post was last modified: May 29, 2018, 02:07 AM by Adelayde.)
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva
open to others now! Please keep in mind Laike is guarding the entrance to the den and might lash out at anyone who gets too close.

He listened as the time passed, her muffled sounds of pain causing his heart to hammer in his chest. He was no healer and in that moment he regretted not learning something during Adelayde's pregnancy. The new father wanted to help but all he could do was sit outside her den and guard her from prying eyes.

It was the first series of small cries from what he presumed to be a pup that caused an excited whine to escape from him. His tail thumped the ground outside of her den. He didn't dare to go inside just yet. Laike would wait until she told him it was safe.

There was another layer of cries, this one softer than the one before. He briefly worried that something was wrong. Were they supposed to be a bit softer in sound compared to the other one? Was everything alright?

Another whine threatened to bubble up in his throat but it was stopped by his wife speaking to him. His head stuck in the den as he blinked a few times, eyes adjusting. When he caught sight of the two cubs nursing at her side a wide smile spread across his features. "They're lovely." He spoke softly as he tore his gaze away from them to look at Adelayde. "I'm proud of you." He cooed affectionately. For all she had endured, he could feel nothing but love and pride for the three Artemievas in the den.

Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Medic demonstration 1/3. Thoughts. Speech.

Alvar could tell that something was off in the pack, @Adelayde had been acting more reserved than usual, and that was not helping @Laike as far as his mood went. He sniffed around a bit until he caught a scent he recognized, it was the scent of a mother in labor. He immediately started grinning, the pups were here! He followed the scent until he saw Laike guarding the entrance to the presumed birthing den.

Alvar walked forward slowly, on the way forward he grabbed some Pineapple weed for the recent mother's possible fatigue. He stopped just in front of Laike, not making eye contact with the superior male. "I hope that your mate is doing well, I have some herbs here that will relieve her fatigue after birthing the pups." He realized that Laike may not be willing to let him assist in the den, so he went with persuasion tactics... "I watched the healers in my birth pack when I was younger, I learned a lot about what to do during a birthing process, if you will let me help, I can be of great service."
(This post was last modified: Dec 21, 2019, 08:13 PM by Alvar.)
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
other WRF wolves are still welcome to join
adelayde artemieva

Tawny ears heard his approach even through the almost unbearable pain that coursed through her abdomen. Knowing he was here with her during this terrifying moment, settled her fried nerves enough to slow her frantic breathing. If Adelayde knew anything about her husband, she could guarantee there wasn't going to be anyone peering inside the den while the first time mother gave birth. If anyone dared, they would be quickly met by rows of teeth whether it was her or Laike.

A tired smile graced her ebony lips as Laike peered in to lay eyes on his children for the first time and a wide smile crossing his lips at the sight of them. "They're lovely." Mismatched gaze glanced down at the twins again, nodding in agreement—they were perfect. His gentle words pulled her gaze away from the cubs, another smile forming upon her lips. I would have been terrified without you. Reaching her tawny muzzle as far as she could towards him, she took comfort in his touch for a moment as her eyelids started to flutter in exhaustion. However, her eyes snapped open when she heard someone approach the den.

A growl settled deep in her chest, her gaze flickering back towards the twins that suckled contently before it flashed back towards the entrance of the den. She recognized his voice eventually, her guard still refused to lower despite it being Alvar. The Artemieva still didn't trust the man just yet, even if he was trying to help. Clearly hearing what Alvar was saying to Laike, she grumbled a response to Laike, not caring if Alvar heard her or not.

He's not coming in here. Adelayde only just gave birth to her first children, nobody aside from their father was permitted to enter the den. She was possessive and protective of the cubs that nursed upon her breasts, there wasn't a chance she would risk their safety.

(This post was last modified: Jun 01, 2018, 08:20 PM by Adelayde.)
Played by Lightning who has 727 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jessie Tainn

She had an idea of what was happening when Adelayde called for her mate. While she was happy for her second of command, who had been around almost since the founding Wild Rye Fields. She deserved happiness and if a family was what would get here there, then Jessie would be damned to stop her. Still, with this birthing came the sting and reminder that her own mate was not around any more. That she was not in a den giving birth to another liter of pups with protective orange eyes staring back at her. The Tainn had never wanted children but with Drestig it had made her feel complete. The monochrome woman did not immediately go to her second-in-command - mostly because she wanted the soon mother-to-be to have the comfort that she deserved while birthing. The other part of it was that she needed time to mentally prepare herself.

After a safe amount of time passed, the Rye Queen made her way towards the Rye couple's birthing den. When she arrived, Alvar was already there, along with the man of the day. The Tainn sent their newest member a weary look before offering her co-lead a firm nod. Her voice was firm when she spoke, "How are we doing?" All she really cared about was how Adelayde was doing, but she had come to figure that during her own births that Drestig had often been quite stressed - worried for her and their children. She wondered if it was the same for Laike.

[Image: jessiehotei-greysig01.jpg]
Inactive No Rank
Laike Artemieva

His wife did not need to tell him twice. Laike offered a brief flash of teeth and sway of his tail over his spine to their lowest. "No, she's fine." Or at least fine enough to make it through now. Either way the new father was defense of both his newborn children and his wife. There was no way he'd allow a still practical stranger in the den.

Someone more familiar showed up though and while his posture didn't full relax, he greeted her words with more ease. "Wonderful." He murmured as he look back the den. "It's Jessie." The male informed Adelayde in a gentle whisper. It was like he was almost silently questioning how close she wanted Jessie. Laike knew the two of them were close but he didn't know how close.

"Two children. A boy and a girl." He informed his co-lead with a warm sensation spreading through his chest. Usually such a feeling would have concerned him but he was so overfilled with joy and love that perhaps it was beginning to have physical effects as well.

Played by Hawthorn who has 95 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alvar Forsberg.
Ok then! XD Thoughts. Speech. Medic demonstration 2/3.

Alvar was taken aback at the hostile look he received from @Laike at his question. He knew that at this point he was not getting to see the pups, so he thought up a reply, but before he could speak it, @Jessie came up and asked about the pups, Laike seemed to take well to her showing up, and so he thought that maybe he should sneak away while he had the chance but thought better of it to stay and make use of the time to get to know Laike better.

He turned to Laike and asked... "Do you dislike my desire to help?" He knew that he did not make a good impression at his first meeting with them, but he felt that Laike need not be so hostile to him for simply trying to help. "I wanted to help her with fatigue and check on her to make sure she was not going to be at risk for anything going wrong. I am simply trying to do my part to help the pack, And face it... you don't know what to do if she starts going under, so at least give her the Pineapple weed, please otherwise she may be too tired to care for them properly!" He knew this was not going to help his case, but it needed to be said.
(This post was last modified: Jul 21, 2018, 03:44 AM by Alvar.)
Alvar Forsberg. [Image: Alvar.png]
Inactive No Rank
Adelayde Artemieva
adelayde artemieva

Everything went as smooth as it possibly could despite the terrifying thought of the whole ordeal. Adelayde was grateful that she was only exhausted, but otherwise in good health after birthing her first children into the world. Alvar had nothing to worry about, which was the partly the reason she refused his entrance, also he was still very much a stranger to her that needed to earn her trust. It would go against her instincts of a new mother to let the whole pack see the cubs, only a select few that she absolutely trusted would be able to get close without being met with teeth. She was thankful Laike understood, seeming to feel the same and dismissed him.

The twins suckled quietly as she laid her head down against the fur lined floor, her lids fluttering in exhaustion. Her husband's gentle whisper interrupted the sleep that attempted to grasp her, but a soft smile flushed her lips at his words. Ade wasn't sure if her alpha would show today and she wouldn't have held any animosity towards her if she didn't show. The loyal second understood the memories and pain that followed with an event like this. There was nothing in her that wanted Jessie to feel that today.

She's alright, answering his silent question with a whisper of her own as she heard him tell the salt and pepper Queen about the twins. Trust ran deep between the second and her alpha even though there were never many words exchanged between the two of them. Actions spoke louder for both of them. The new mother would allow the alpha to get as close as Laike had if she wanted.

Ade had thought Laike dismissed the Rye's lowest, making the message clear that she was fine. However, his continued words wiped the smile from her maw as her brows furrowed in frustration. The urge to charge out of her den and teach him his place was strong, however both Rye leaders stood right outside. Knowing her husband and even Jessie, he will be taken care of swiftly. That didn't stop the growl the rumbled through her chest, signaling her displeasure. She was fine, if she needed him she would have asked.