(See All?) Announcements
485 Users Online
Bing, Google, Chan

Show Me The Way — Charred Ash Draw 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Sorrow who has 13 posts.
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Novasta Whipwind
Novasta glanced around the pack area nervously, trying not to stare. It is pretty, she reflected. In a different kind of way. The new flowers were in full bloom, and even the burnt trees had an unfamiliar, yet almost simple, beauty, like something that is easy to anyone who already knows how to do it, but impossible to everyone else. The grass was green and fresh-looking, and dots of dew still clung there from the chilly dawn. 

Novasta lay down and took in the view. Garmir was supposed to meet her here for a tour, and he wasn't here yet. She would wait.
[Image: cad_by_a_yellow_bird-db1v300.png]
Played by Ghostpaw who has 345 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir wasn't far. In recent few days plenty of new faces had joined the ranks of Charred Ash Draw and the earthen male had been busying himself with observing each and every one of them from short distance. He had yet to proper introduce himself to all of them, and thus now was Novasta's turn to get to know the often angry looking scarred guardian of the the pack. Despite his extrerior, Garmir was hardly ever angry, or so much feeling any strong emotions at all - for this wolf was one of focus and purpose.

He approached the female, walked straight past her and with barely even turning his gaze towards her, simply told her to "Follow me". He was going to show her around, sure - but he wasn't exactly a tourist guide. More of a drill sergeant in his methods.

He was first going to take her to the northern ends of the border where the wildwood begin proper and from there planned to make wide circle around the territory while introducing himself, the members and traditions of the pack as far as he knew them. That... and he wanted to make sure Novasta had her loyalties straight - first and foremost towards @Treyah . Plenty to go through in first round, but they had time.

(This post was last modified: May 22, 2018, 10:39 PM by Garmir.)
[Image: garmir_by_loccian_love-dc6mod2.png]

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Novasta Whipwind
Novasta blinked as the earthen male moved past her, but only hesitated for a second before following him into the burnt trees.

"How long have you been in this pack?" Novasta asked, leaping over a fire-ravaged tree stump. The woods were not difficult to walk through, and she could easily concentrate on talking to Garmir. Suddenly, a realization hit her.

"Was it ever not burned?" That came out wrong. "I mean, when was the fire?" Much better.

Novasta glanced at the male with curiosity in her amber eyes. She wondered if the pack had formed before the fire, and if so, why they had stayed in the charred remains of what was surely a fertile forest. But then, why would the pack be called Charred Ash Draw if it wasn't charred or ash?

She was ripped from her thoughts by a root that she tripped and fell over. Novasta stood back up, trying to regain dignity.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir was expecting questions sure and thus he listened and let her fire away question after another, wondering if this was going to be a trait of her's. He himself kept going forward, either not noticing or not paying attention to her tripping over, only his ear flicking slightly to a sound of it. "I joined early winter." -he answered to her first question, brief and point. Garmir was fairly new member to the pack and in a way, similar to her. When he had joined, he had been but a corpse and his membership had hinged on good graces of Treyah, where Kerberos would have kicked him straight out for being... well.. little more than useless corpse. Because he begin with literally nothing to offer to Charred Ash Draw wolves - and was given chance regardless - Garmir was also going to let Novasta have that same chance.

Her second question was little stranger, though perhaps the burnt forest appeared strange to someone whom was not used to living there. It did not look as bad as it once had, this spring already bringing plenty of bloom into the otherwise dark and bleak end of the wildwoods. "I don't know when the fire happen. But it happen few years ago I suspect. Some of the older members might have answer to that. Ancestors of this pack.. not mine, but the Tainns used to live in these woods long before us."

Garmir glanced over his shoulder to see if she was keeping up - or if he was talking to just the trees here.

All my characters are available for spree anytime with anyone. Just poke in slack or send PM!
Inactive VIII. Lowest
Novasta Whipwind
"Yeah, I guess I'll ask them later," she replied, making a mental note in her head to do it. Novasta trotted along in silence for a few moments before blurting out another question.

"What do you do in the pack?" Her tail swung slightly to one side in brief excitement. Immediately though, she forced it still. It would do no good to convince the pack she was a useful addition to their ranks if she acted like a puppy all the time.

"Sorry..." She trailed off, seeing Garmir's expression. Her paws miraculously kept moving forward, and for that Novasta was grateful.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir was leading them steadily further north where the Draw territory ended and greater part of the wildwood begin. He continued to answer her questions as they went. She asked plenty, but suppose it was healthy attitude when one was new. It was better to know things than not. Garmir turned his gaze again ahead of them and then spoke about his position in this pack, since she seemed curious about it. "I do bit of everything, but mostly I do scouting. When I am not outside the borders, I watch after the others. And now I am showing you around."

Not perhaps the most exciting job description but Garmir was happy with what he had already archieved in such a short time - and getting there from very bottom none the less. He broke the pattern of being her answering machine and now instead asked her a question before she could throw him yet another. "And what about you? What you hope to be?"

Inactive VIII. Lowest
Novasta Whipwind
Novasta took the question in stride, answering,

"I don't really know. I haven't been in a pack since I was a yearling and even then, they never had really, I don't know, defined roles." She stepped over a stone laying on the ground. "I guess I'll just help with as much as I can. I don't want to be kicked out or something for being useless." She tried to keep her tone light, but she was afraid of just that, and it showed in her voice. Novasta didn't know what the pack would do to someone who couldn't help out, but definitely nothing good. She sighed, hoping it was quiet enough that Garmir couldn't hear.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Least she understood concept of carrying her own weight in the pack. For Garmir that was already good enough and if she was able to so much make an effort to do something for the pack, she would be good in Garmir's books. "I don't think you are in danger of getting kicked. As long as you try.."

The earthen male had by now led them near to the northern end of the pack borders. There were still burnt trees around, but Wildwood was ahead of them, and landscape was visibly changing. "About here is the northernmost edge. Our territory is still part of wildwood but we only occupy tiny portion of it. The forest however can be considered our backyard so to speak. Further that way" -Garmir nodded north. "-runs a river cutting across the wildwood. Here we turn west"

Garmir lifted his leg to mark a tree to again reinforce the borders and then set heading westward. He again looked at her over his shoulder, for first time casting but a tiniest smile at her. "Any more questions so far?"

OOC: Pack role demostration: Teacher 1/3

(This post was last modified: May 25, 2018, 11:57 PM by Garmir.)

Inactive VIII. Lowest
Novasta Whipwind
"That's good," she replied. She was glad there was no danger of being forced back into the worst time of her life. Living alone, fighting all kinds of dangerous creatures to scavenge her meals, having to try to heal herself with the mediocre knowledge she had learned from her mother... The thoughts gave her shivers.

She nodded as the dark and brown colored wolf spoke. She supposed it made sense that the pack only ruled a small part of the Wildwood. The place was huge, and Charred Ash Draw wasn't the largest pack in the world.

Novasta saw Garmir's faint smile and decided she liked it. Not in a romantic way at all, but just the simple fact that it didn't seem fake or over-emphasized she liked. "No, not yet," she said.
Inactive No Rank
Garmir Ghostpaw

Garmir nodded subtly, although he wasn't going to show her too much affection outright. It simply wasn't his character. Whatever smile he had on his face for a while soon faded and the scarred male returned back to his typical character of being angry - no nonsense type of man. "To West then."

it would take a while from them to reach the western end of the territory, but Garmir was trailing along the border to show her where it presicely was. Every now and then he would add a marker. Garmir begin to suddenly speak again somewhere mid journey. "I will be honest. When you first introduced yourself to our lead, I was bit sceptical." -He admitted. Garmir wasn't one to lie and often he might speak his mind even if it would offend the other. "Maybe you would like to re-introduce yourself now that there is no preassure of you being kicked from our borders?" -He offered.

OOC: Pack role demostration: Teacher 2/3